You are not logged in.

New Frontier Flag of War bug

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, October 12th 2016, 12:39pm

Nhala

Beginner

• "Nhala" started this thread

Flag of War bug

Hy there.

Flag of War is bugged, enemy races can kill you, regardless you flag of war on or off or anything and its killing the feeling of playing the game.
Please fix it.

Thank you.

Wednesday, October 12th 2016, 5:29pm

Nandita

Intermediate

Do you talk about NPCs or other Players?

Because Flag of War only works with enemy Players ... If enemy Player have a War Banner they can still attack you when your Flag of War is off.

Thursday, October 13th 2016, 1:05pm

Gwiniel

Intermediate

And if the enemy PLAYER is having a WARBANNER used, he/she can kill you no matter is your flag of war on or off. The banners usually show on map but if you arrive to the zone after someone has put on a warbanner, it may not always show it on your map.
New to Allods? Need few tips'n'tricks? Check ALLODS ONLINE SANCTUARY

Important guide for new players: Patronage: requirements and benefits

Thursday, October 13th 2016, 4:03pm

Nhala

Beginner

Maybe... sorry, but im realy new with this game and i only know my flag of war was off, cause i hate pvp in every form and if i see monsters that can enable my pvp, i run far away them. If they need for quest i instantly abandon that quest.

I just know that, enemy players still killing and camping me even my flag of war off. If its true, there is items that legaly eleminate peace, than i think this game is not for me.
Very sad thing the developers forceing players to pvp. But yet i know why every of my friends say that i better not to play with this game. :(
I like the system of this game, but im a pve only gamer. I hope some day the developers realize peace is better than killing each other.
But until that day, i think i wont play this game. Sad thing. :(

Thanks for the ansvers and bye guys. :(

Thursday, October 13th 2016, 4:29pm

Thursday, October 13th 2016, 5:37pm

Blesnar

Trainee

question... do u play on f2p? or p2p... and ye some times people can be ... idk retarded and ganking lowbies and farminng on them...

The wounds will heal but Broken bones stay marked forever!!

Thursday, October 13th 2016, 5:50pm

Nhala

Beginner

I dont know. Im played on New Frontier.

Thursday, October 13th 2016, 6:26pm

Blesnar

Trainee

that's f2p server ... well there is more money involve ... so i am not there... but i am on p2p the smugglers paradise wich there is no cash shop or anything u can buy to get you stronger... on p2p is much more of skill point and the class point for pvp and pve-wize.

if u are willing to try there will be happy to help you :)

The wounds will heal but Broken bones stay marked forever!!

Thursday, October 13th 2016, 7:00pm

Nhala

Beginner

Thank you, i will. I like this game. You are in what faction?

Sunday, October 16th 2016, 11:13am

Gwiniel

Intermediate

Maybe... sorry, but im realy new with this game and i only know my flag of war was off, cause i hate pvp in every form and if i see monsters that can enable my pvp, i run far away them. If they need for quest i instantly abandon that quest.
I'm also pve-player and hate all pvp content but in Allods you have to complete some quest that require killing enemy NPCs, which will raise your flag of war. SInce level 23-25 you will enter Asee-Teph that starts so called contested zones that have both faction camps including both pve and pvp quests. If you wish to continue playing Allods, you have to come in terms of killing enemy npcs. You can mostly avoid PVP content but it's certain you will occasionally be killed by other players.

You can also complete many of such quests with Marks of Fate you accumulate by doing quests. It's wise to save the marks for the quests you don't like doing. However, not all quests can be completed with the marks but they are 99.9% of time pve quests that either require you to talk with another npc in another zone or the quest requires multiple other quests completed to become completed.

I can heartily recommend Allods to you as a game as it's one of the best games there is.

New Frontier server is free to play with cash shop buffing available. The server is much more active than p2p one and also has a lot more helpful players to aid you with difficult pve quests such as boss kills (few such quests on every zone). The content is 100% free as long as you enjoy pve content. It's a bit harder to you, if you don't spend any money for anything but still very doable. There are cash shop boosted players but if you don't participate in pvp, it doesn't really matter.

Smuggler's Paradise is the monthly fee server which has a lot lower population but everything is achievable with in-game currencies and there is no super buffed cash shop players. However, that fact is more appealing to players that wish fairer pvp content and thus has no importance to you Nhala. The pvp content on each zone is same on both servers - the difference really is about player base. Smuggler's Paradise is almost empty judging from the numerous complains about it and it makes it a lot more harder for you to get help. There will be pve group quests you absolutely have to do as they are so called world mystery quests which are very important in the game.

Of course it is up to you. But I honestly recommend playing the game on New Frontier server until you are sure if you want to continue playing or not. Then you can decide do you want to go to p2p server with the monthly fees.

What is your level or in which zone are you in? League or Empire?

Sunday, October 16th 2016, 1:32pm

Nhala

Beginner

Yes, i realy like the game itself. I started to play 5 day ago and i realy like its style and interface.
Sad things about most of the games, interface is realy horrible and useless, and its killing the games feeling.
But here its realy good. Im a loremaster type of player. I like to read quests, learn the stories of the game, the world where iam.
So i will continue playing and well.... in WoW i already learned to fast alt+F4 to escape before pvp. Just hoped finaly i found a game where is not the low IQ is the main. Thats always lead to bother other players with pvp, who dont like it and dont want it. But yes. needs more than 3 IQ from peoples to understand this.
But other theme.

Somehow, i can join to the smugglers paradise server 2 day ago. I dont know how is this possible, cause i never can pay for a game. Sadly my real life things cant afford me to do. But smugglers paradise seems much more fun. My char is much stronger here and i like much more than the new frontier server. Here is more normaly the gameplay. Maybe less player, yes, but looks much diferent. Maybe cause no cash shop and quests and mobs have loot here. So i like smugglers paradise much.
Sad thing, i think that timer on the char select menu is counting down and i think today 15:33 its ending, so i must go back to new frontier. Ugh...

But on each server i play in empire i think. My char name is Nhala. Furry trapper (sorry i dont know the name of that race, maybe primal or what)

Sunday, October 16th 2016, 2:35pm

Nhala

Beginner

Yep, dropped me out. So i must go back to the pvp server to sit in the purgatory in the half of the playtime. :(

Monday, October 17th 2016, 1:12pm

Nhala

Beginner

Warden class cant get the hyrds blessing? I recreate my char over a 76 times but it still dont give me hyrd. ><

Monday, October 17th 2016, 4:31pm

Warden class cant get the hyrds blessing? I recreate my char over a 76 times but it still dont give me hyrd. ><
I don't think certain blessing is going to boost you in the game in any way shape or form.

Monday, October 17th 2016, 4:40pm

Nhala

Beginner

I don't think certain blessing is going to boost you in the game in any way shape or form.

Oooh, it's just a superstition for me. With my very first i got that sign and i got a mentor. We talking for a while and i will like him. He is nice to me and about many things, but then i recreate the character and lost him. I forgot his name. I mean, that name is is not his name, but his guild name. :S
So, its just a hope, a superstition, to find him, maybe martyr signs has connetions with each other, whos you get as mentor or i dont know. Its just my lucky charm. xP

Wednesday, October 19th 2016, 8:33am

Gwiniel

Intermediate

Martyr signs have nothing to do with Mentors. You get a random Mentor of your own class. So the factors that matter are chosen class and faction. You may never get the same Mentor again unless you are super lucky.

What comes to Martyr signs... it's also pure luck which you'll get. There has been some theories that some signs are better for specific classes but that was many years ago and so much have changed in the game since then that I doubt they have any actual differences anymore, if there ever were any.

The "free" Smuggler's Paradise timer for you must have been from the latest 7 days free trial campaign, which allowed a free trial for 7 days for certain time. It started running the moment you created your account. I have forgotten how long new players were able to get it when making an account but obviously the effect was still alive for you :) So to get back there it requires monthly payments or a 3 months bundle payment (cheaper). That's why I recommended New Frontier to you.

They don't make mmorpgs that doesn't have PVP because PVP is what attracts most players and games are always made for masses. Compared to pvp loving gamers there's only a handful of those who wish pure pve. That's one reason why I still love playing older pc games. Too bad most stopped working since Win7 -.- And my attraction to mmorpgs is mostly renewing adventure and other players. After all, you can only play for certain time the same and same over and over until you're bored to death.

You can get out of Purgatory by paying Mirra to the Goblin. You can buy more Mirra from the NPC next to respawn platform with gold. As a new player you more likely will get free Mirra gifts at certain levels like you get recruitment chests providing slightly better gears. At least traditionally Allods have had many little gifts for new players. You also need to use Mirra to level your patron by using the skill Salvation (restores your health). You are stronger, if your patron level is the same as your character level. Then there are patronage levels that you can achieve: 4 completely free and the last 5th via cash shop. Patronage levels are granted in certain zones. You get the first at level 4 which gives you Salvation skill. The next level you get from Yao Realm in Howlem (around level 15), 3rd from Asee-Teph (level 23) and 4th from Eljune (level 31). In Howlem you get a temporary Wolf mount. It will disappear once you leave Howlem. Make sure you have done all quests there as you can never return there with the same toon again.

Smuggler's Paradise has the same pvp content, there is just so few players that you don't notice it. You also have build-in runes of level 5 in that server so that's why you are stronger at the start than you are in New Frontier. But as said, to play there, you have to pay. It's recommended to buy at least level 1 runes but you may have to wait until you choose your faction and reach the Capital's Rune Merchant. They cost a little gold. You also need level 1 runes in bag for the patronage quests in Asee and Eljune.

Since you chose Priden race, you are without a faction at the moment. You choose the faction at the end of Howlem around level 23. As a new player you can still choose either League or Empire. You might have noticed from my avatar that I'm a league player with a toon Gwiniel... I have an imp toon as well called Shadowes but I play it rarely and she's only at level 34 in Coba Plateau. Can't help you with Warden class though.. haven't played the class much and am not certain of the builds.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Gwiniel" (Oct 19th 2016, 8:42am)

Wednesday, October 19th 2016, 2:33pm

without reading the whole thing now i only want to state 2 things:

if you dont like to PVP you can completely evade it :)
the time to wait in purgatory can be set to 0 with mirra (cheap, only a few silver at you level)

Wednesday, October 19th 2016, 2:52pm

Nhala

Beginner

Thank you for your ansver Gwiniel but i think im quit this game. I read some topics on forum in this game you cant play free enjoyable. Many things are from cash shop and very unbalanced gameplay cause the cash shop. In addition i read that too on max lvl, reaching end game things even unbalanced cause the cash shop and i may not find any guild whos accept a free player due to its low (not shopped) gear.
They say in end game content you cant do aything as a free user, just runing around as a prey and wait your death.
Many limitations on instances and on other things too. So i think i go back to wow.
There is many privat servers and not so unbalanced via no cash shop there. You can buy things on the sites, but those are only cosmetical things so not affect on your efective strenght and characters and other things are much balanced even if you are a free user.

Im realy sad cause i liked this gam in the time i played, but when you arrive to asee thep the game die. And you too....
Yes you can get mirra and ressurect instantly, but you ressurect very far from your place where you die, and mostly die again in the next 10 min, even if you try to avoid enemy players. They are hunting you and cause the cash shop i cant have a chance to run away or defeat them. So this game is very unenjoyable if you are not a rich girl/boy who can afford herself to pay heavy for strenghten her character.

So at all, new frontier and smuggler too is only for rich peaoples. Sad thing, but cant do anything with it.
Maybe i come back after some years to watch if anything has changed and can be enjoyable as a free player, but until that day i think i just follow the forums and listen what they say.

Wednesday, October 19th 2016, 2:57pm

Nhala

Beginner

the time to wait in purgatory can be set to 0 with mirra (cheap, only a few silver at you level)

The problem is not with the mirra or the purgatory. Much more like the way back to where you questing before and the density of killed by enemy players. They are mostly 1 hitting me, even those who are on the same lvl as me. So the effective playtime i play is around 10 min in 1 hour.
In the other time is dieing and running (try to running) back to my quest, what is realy a feelingkiller in any game.
This game maybe be can be good. But in its current state this is the worst game i ever played.

Wednesday, October 19th 2016, 3:20pm

turn off your "flag of war" and avoid eventual popping warbanners (they need to wait 30 sec 1st before thy can attack you, enough time to jus go away or teleport away)
skip the one PVP quest in asee teph

you will no longer be bothered by any pvp :)

i know enough endgameplayers which play the game avoiding any pvp as they dont get any fun out of it, its definitely possible

running back to the location should not be a problem due to automove