You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, December 19th 2016, 5:16pm

• "TheAdmiral94" started this thread

Why not ?

Can anyone list me some reasons for not playing the subscription server? ( pay to play server), and what is holding you from trying it? thank you.
[Guilde: Utopie] [Server: Smugglers Paradise]

Character: DarkDemo

Class: Engineer

Fraction: Empire

Monday, December 19th 2016, 5:31pm

IAmGroot

Professional

MOST people that are currently playing the f2p server don't want to abandon their character they have been playing for 1-6 (7?) years.
It's too much of a time/money investment.

Also, I think, MOST people don't want to be a part of the "building" process of the p2p server.
It's dead, everyone knows that. In fact, I don't even know if anyone plays it anymore. So, being a part of the revival of the server is a hard thing to do. If my.com did ANYTHING to try to help, maybe it wouldn't be so painful <snip>.

These are my thoughts.

I have since "quit" well maybe not quit but I'm on a long hiatus/break for now and the reason is because the game became too expensive. So I thought to myself why don't I just go play on the p2p server? Then I realized I would be playing with about 6 other people per faction and if I didn't like them or fit in with them, I couldn't enjoy the game (unless I was AOP since he plays alone). So, while I'd love to play it, I have absolutely no interest in playing in such a minuscule population. If the server just magically had 400, 500, 1,000 people playing on it? I'd be playing there in a heartbeat. But until someone can populate the server, I won't be a part of it.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Mhuldoon" (Dec 20th 2016, 3:40pm)

Monday, December 19th 2016, 5:57pm

After 6.0 and 7.0 the game itself just became plain bad. They kept removing what was fun in it up to a point where there's almost nothing left.

Since Allods Team frequently completely tears some systems down to build new ones from scratch, there's still hope that they decide to kill off all the "badness", but we can't expect it to happen earlier than 9.0.

Monday, December 19th 2016, 9:25pm

Quoted

MOST people that are currently playing the f2p server don't want to abandon their character they have been playing for 1-6 (7?) years.
It's too much of a time/money investment.

Also, I think, MOST people don't want to be a part of the "building" process of the p2p server.
It's dead, everyone knows that. In fact, I don't even know if anyone plays it anymore. So, being a part of the revival of the server is a hard thing to do. If my.com did ANYTHING to try to help, maybe it wouldn't be so painful, but they literally don't give 2 shits about anyone, especially the p2p server, so that just isn't going to happen.

These are my thoughts.

I have since "quit" well maybe not quit but I'm on a long hiatus/break for now and the reason is because the game became too expensive. So I thought to myself why don't I just go play on the p2p server? Then I realized I would be playing with about 6 other people per faction and if I didn't like them or fit in with them, I couldn't enjoy the game (unless I was AOP since he plays alone). So, while I'd love to play it, I have absolutely no interest in playing in such a minuscule population. If the server just magically had 400, 500, 1,000 people playing on it? I'd be playing there in a heartbeat. But until someone can populate the server, I won't be a part of it.
For me, 20-30 active people are enough and we have more than 50 active people on each side (empire and lig) and I think that we can still enjoy the PVE part of the game such as raids, astral traveling(AS), collecting gear from high sectors and crafting. Even with a small population the PVP part is nice too cause in my guild we help each other to get free wins in 3vs3 6vs6 PVP sometimes we do fight each other for fun :love: The fewer people in the guild/server the better you bond with them. I'm in the best guild in the world :love: . oh yeah! and we also have dominion(guild vs guild) which is the best PVP :love: .I hope you make your mind and give the sub server a try. You can join my guild ;) (Utopie) in the Empir side :love:

Monday, December 19th 2016, 10:00pm

Because it feels forgotten. Started too late to become popular. You don't have much to do there.
It would be great if you had all the cash shop items, available for gold ofc. If it had sales ( for gold ofc), prophetic cards, if it would be an exact copy of the P2W server.
And let's be real, if it didn't get enough players until now, it never will. MMORPG games can only go into one direction, down, having it's peak in the first months of release.

Monday, December 19th 2016, 10:07pm

Quoted

After 6.0 and 7.0 the game itself just became plain bad. They kept removing what was fun in it up to a point where there's almost nothing left.

Since Allods Team frequently completely tears some systems down to build new ones from scratch, there's still hope that they decide to kill off all the "badness", but we can't expect it to happen earlier than 9.0.
You're totally right but most of us have been playing Allods since 2010 (Almost 7 years now) it's hard to leave it now. for me, I really tried to play something else but at the end of the day, I returned even though it's expensive and not fair (pay to win) but when I joined the sub server things changed for me because players with good gaming skills can "shine" 8) . anyway I hope they add something challenging in patch 8.1 or 8.2. and make Allods challenging again :love:

Monday, December 19th 2016, 10:13pm

Quoted

Because it feels forgotten. Started too late to become popular. You don't have much to do there.
It would be great if you had all the cash shop items, available for gold ofc. If it had sales ( for gold ofc), prophetic cards, if it would be an exact copy of the P2W server.
And let's be real, if it didn't get enough players until now, it never will. MMORPG games can only go into one direction, down, having it's peak in the first months of release.
Most of the cash shop items are not necessary, you will find the necessary ones for gold in sub-server.

Monday, December 19th 2016, 11:35pm

You can join my guild (Utopie)
Your guild? Did Mom finally pass the lead to someone who can properly lead?

I really doubt you have more than 50 active players. I played there for first 2 months of 7.0 and league had ~75 active players at highest peak. It is end of the patch right now and there has never been a lot of people at end of patches.

Monday, December 19th 2016, 11:59pm

for me all the reasons are listed as "contra" in this thread https://allods.my.com/forum/index.php?pa…d&threadID=7017

the thread is outdated a bit but as its locked this cant be changed
some of the cons like the book of secrets or the pegasus have been fixed, but in summary its still the same

short summary is i dont play on the subscription server because:

there is a LOT less space for buliding up superiority and
there are much less items and
you need to pay regularly

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Dec 20th 2016, 6:38am)

Tuesday, December 20th 2016, 5:13am

I really doubt you have more than 50 active players. I played there for first 2 months of 7.0 and league had ~75 active players at highest peak. It is end of the patch right now and there has never been a lot of people at end of patches.
For now everyone is waiting for the new patch so there are few people online at the moment. you can check again when the patch is released.

Tuesday, December 20th 2016, 5:29am

Quoted

hello, for me all the reasonst listed as "contra" in this thread https://allods.my.com/forum/index.php?pa…d&threadID=7017

the thread is outdated a bit but as its locked, so some of the cons like the book of secrets or the pegasus have been fixed, but in summary its still the same

short summary is i dont play on the subscription server because:

there is a LOT less space for buliding up superiority and
there are much less items and
you need to pay regularly
These missing items are unnecessary + you can just pay 20$ for 3 months. And if you don't want to spend any real cash you can simply buy the crystals it's cost around 3 million gold for a 3-months subscription. I think you already know this way to sub.

Tuesday, December 20th 2016, 8:47am

Gwiniel

Intermediate

I don't join p2p server because:

1. I want vanities, mounts and incarnations. P2p doesn't even have a half of the costumes (might be mistaken) and the mounts in general are slower and a lot less options/skins. And p2p server doesn't have as many incarnations possible.

2. I've already invested so much in vanities, mounts (have two stable pages of them), runes of 9s and 8s, Pat5, perma VoD and VoL, extra rubies/stats, extra earring slot, loot pet with manuals, epic trinket, "big" bag and bank, 10 incarnations... Way too late to give all that up to play almost like back in 2010 after 6 years of indulgence.

3. I don't have anything against to spending money into a game as long as it doesn't ruin your personal finance/household to a point of misery/bankruptcy. Games aren't made to entertain players for free, the companies have to earn money and pay their multiple employees their salaries.

4. Although I've always complained about Allods' high prices, I've come to see that Allods today is one the cheapest quality games out there. Everyone can define quality as they like according to what they prefer in a game. I play couple other games... the prices in one of the games are more than 3 times higher than Allods has... In Allods, you get 10 000 crystals with 100€, in this other game you get 3000 gems with 100€ and the items cost equally as much as they do in Allods' Item Shop. Talk about rip off prices...
New to Allods? Need few tips'n'tricks? Check ALLODS ONLINE SANCTUARY

Important guide for new players: Patronage: requirements and benefits

Tuesday, December 20th 2016, 9:19am

I really doubt you have more than 50 active players

well both utopie and brotherhood have around 20 active + a number of guildless running around and some tiny guilds with 2-3 ppl in them :P

Tuesday, December 20th 2016, 9:23am

Laany

Intermediate

It seems some Players pass the Reality! 50 player on League side? in Moment not !

All new Player are full with Dreams , but maybe you ask old Player about what is going on P2p ! Your Guild is maybe helpful for free Wins , but this is Fun ?

League Player join on Empire Side , because off some for me not fair things ! Sure it is nice to play in the in Moment maybe biggest Guild , but for P2p is not good ! Because it breaks it ! Then is not nice to attacking the same Side ! You can do this on F2p , but for p2p is not good !

Maybe some People think about this ! I hope that more People comes back , for myself i think People buy Collector stay for the Free Playtime and then they leave again ! Because nothing will change !! My Friendlist is full and i see how is online now and then we will see how many stay longer then 3 Month !

And i can understand when People will playing f2p , because the mostly need Action , Battlegrounds every and several times a Day pop so you have no boredom ! And not only from own Guild !! ;)

And i hope that Avarice will come back with full Players ! So we wait for 8.0 and see what happens !!
Don't try to shut up my Mouth when he is only speaking the truth!

Tuesday, December 20th 2016, 9:33am

Quoted

I don't join p2p server because:

1. I want vanities, mounts and incarnations. P2p doesn't even have a half of the costumes (might be mistaken) and the mounts in general are slower and a lot less options/skins. And p2p server doesn't have as many incarnations possible.

2. I've already invested so much in vanities, mounts (have two stable pages of them), runes of 9s and 8s, Pat5, perma VoD and VoL, extra rubies/stats, extra earring slot, loot pet with manuals, epic trinket, "big" bag and bank, 10 incarnations... Way too late to give all that up to play almost like back in 2010 after 6 years of indulgence.

3. I don't have anything against to spending money into a game as long as it doesn't ruin your personal finance/household to a point of misery/bankruptcy. Games aren't made to entertain players for free, the companies have to earn money and pay their multiple employees their salaries.

4. Although I've always complained about Allods' high prices, I've come to see that Allods today is one the cheapest quality games out there. Everyone can define quality as they like according to what they prefer in a game. I play couple other games... the prices in one of the games are more than 3 times higher than Allods has... In Allods, you get 10 000 crystals with 100€, in this other game you get 3000 gems with 100€ and the items cost equally as much as they do in Allods' Item Shop. Talk about rip off prices...
My point here is simple if you're a free Allods player join the sub server and forget the free to play server. Because runes, boxes, Costumes, mounts, extra rubies and those other "pay to win" items are not necessary. You can still have a lot of fun in the sub-server without spending tons and tons of money. seriously, Who would pay over than 5k$ on a game? and what do you pay for? mostly for "boxes"?.what those boxes give? unnecessary items. ?( Come on. :( And if you already spent a lot of money that's not an excuse. I mean, you need to safe yourself before it's too late and you end up selling your own house and your own car for this game. oh yeah, and I have the Fox mount, so fast and adorable:love: we have also the dog, the dragon, and the magical carpet. you get all of these from raids such as eclipse oh! and! you get bags (epic, legendary) from raids which is amazing as well :love: and if you're not liking these mounts that's fine you can simply buy the addition of the new patch I think you get a nice mount (The flying skateboard ). Tada! problem solved now join the subscription server ^^

Tuesday, December 20th 2016, 9:52am

Quoted

Quoted

It seems some Players pass the Reality! 50 player on League side? in Moment not !

All new Player are full with Dreams , but maybe you ask old Player about what is going on P2p ! Your Guild is maybe helpful for free Wins , but this is Fun ?

League Player join on Empire Side , because off some for me not fair things ! Sure it is nice to play in the in Moment maybe biggest Guild , but for P2p is not good ! Because it breaks it ! Then is not nice to attacking the same Side ! You can do this on F2p , but for p2p is not good !

Maybe some People think about this ! I hope that more People comes back , for myself i think People buy Collector stay for the Free Playtime and then they leave again ! Because nothing will change !! My Friendlist is full and i see how is online now and then we will see how many stay longer then 3 Month !

And i can understand when People will playing f2p , because the mostly need Action , Battlegrounds every and several times a Day pop so you have no boredom ! And not only from own Guild !! ;)

And i hope that Avarice will come back with full Players ! So we wait for 8.0 and see what happens !!
Hi Tash I'm happy yo see you :) I have been playing the sub-server for 4 months now and I'm having the the best time ^^ the sub server is my dream place :love: i just hope we have more players to join it because we will start gearing from zero step and this is a great chance for "Ftp server players" to join. it's going to be a fresh start for them :thumbsup: with a new race and new maps

Tuesday, December 20th 2016, 10:25am

Laany

Intermediate

Hello , i dont know who you Ingame , but sorry it is not the first Patch with new Gear, Mounts, Patchs , Raids ect ! I play now long enough and it was the whole time always the same ! It give maybe 20 Player there stay over the whole time in P2p !

Your Words are nice , but it is not for long ! I dont know how often we try to make the P2p popular ! When Steam comes , we was full trust that more Player comes and STAY ! But nothing , on League Side 2 Guilds leave completly !

Because of the fact that you can bring so beautiful Gold from League Side to Empire, the Players are simply changed! What has broken the Balance! Then make this taxi, since none of the new really needs to do something and thus the boredom is fast! Just only the Players who stay and farms, farms and spend their Gold and Mats in the crafting to help the other! That's why the new Players have it so easy, but nobody thinks about it!

It has become too easy with all this, you do not really have to make an Allod for hours! And now we have all 3-4 Month new Patches ? That new Player have it easier ? Now ask your self why People not stay ! Then you have figure out how is best play your Char comes new Patch and all is change ! Wow this is so nice and makes so much Fun , when have spend kk on Gold for crafting what is useless then or when you farm things what you dont need after Patch !! So it give not much People there will fight and stay !

Your talking is just that you have Players who pull you through everywhere! S21 with mercenaries is something of easy there must not even have green Equip!

And this Sentence *The fewer people in the guild/server the better you bond with them* is so nice !!!! ;)

Tuesday, December 20th 2016, 11:38am

GRIUMPH

Intermediate

Quoted from "TheAdmiral94"

So fun gibe, you make my day :D

You can be jealous as usual : Utopie is still alive and strong 8) . What about your guild ? :P

Anyway, have fun and merry X-mas to all ;)
Le Shaf =^.^=
(Shaffou in game)
#Empire [Utopie / Smuggler's Paradise]

Tuesday, December 20th 2016, 12:00pm

Laany

Intermediate

I would like to give my opinion to Avarice! They were always quicker to be the best and smarter! You do not need to play for years to master their chars and Teamwork has always been the best! The cohesion was unbeatable even if there were differences there! They were simply more intelligent to stop than trying to maintain something which was pointless! They saved the 10 euros a Month. :thumbsup:

Tuesday, December 20th 2016, 12:09pm

Quoted

So fun gibe, you make my day :D

You can be jealous as usual : Utopie is still alive and strong 8) . What about your guild ? :P

Anyway, have fun and merry X-mas to all ;)

... full of leechers maybe, who want the easiest way to reach top (at the moment ofc)?
Sooner or later they will realize that Utopie only works for... let's say... 6-8 core players.

First of all people forget the end game is not League vs Empire: It's guild vs guild.
And the only "fun" activity in this game, for most of the players, is PvP. And there's ZEROPvP on subscription server.
And at the moment, game is really unbalanced in terms of population, cause it's so LOW. When the "best" guild, can only sign domi with 2 parties... it says it all.

And as Taschuna said, and that i agree, game will be active for 1 month maybe, after 8.0.
Then it will fall like always.

But then again, maybe i'm wrong.

Avo.

P.S: Kakias, please come back!

Rate this thread