You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, December 31st 2016, 9:24pm

freestile

Professional

also, please define "winning the game"

for me, winning the game means having fun while playing in 1st line

beeing top dps/HPS is secondary but can be also pleasent

but i have also heared of players which "win the game" by enjoying roleplaygames

so i guess everyone should (if has not already) think about what he wants from the game....

That's why i personnaly hate when people tell a game sucks with only one """""argument""""" ==> it's p2w!!!!!!
because the term p2w simply doesn't mean anything!

PAY ==> nothing in life is free, you either pay with money or with time (and to get money you need time so you kinda always pay with maybe the most valuable thing in life which is time)
you can be angry/frustrated because the needed amount of time/money doesn't fit your personnal situation (what you can afford to invest) but not simply by the fact that you need to pay, that's completely stupid

WIN ==> as AOP said it, the notion of "winning" is completely subjective and the verb "to win" isn't even adapted here; i'd rather chose "to achieve" this or that type of thing you PERSONNALY consider as important in this particular game.

So yes, allods certainly frustrates quite a lot of people who loves the game; game that is sadly unadapted to their financial/free time ressources which prevent them from enjoying fully the type of content they prefer in this game; but sorry to say that saying that is saying much more than just "mhmhmh is fking p2w pffff"

I think that's pretty much the best of my thoughs about these (useless and non constructive if you ask me) "debates" about the term p2w, so i think i'll just copy paste this in any new "p2w thread" of this forum from now

Sunday, January 1st 2017, 12:00am

Most people on this game can not buy packs of 20euros but otherwise, russia is a big country emerging, they have sick cuts.

I just wanted to say that never a game will be free to play, most people who have never put a single penny on this game and have Big runes and others are people who used fails, usebugs, hacks when gpotato handled allods.

So for people like me who started 6 months ago, it puts a little the crook :)

Closed topic.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Munqqtn" (Jan 1st 2017, 12:08am)

Sunday, January 1st 2017, 6:26am

Why are you guys commenting on a post from 2014? There's always a black sheep in every group, just go about your own ways of doing things - even if you don't understand the others

Sunday, January 1st 2017, 6:54am

It depends.. if you have enough time to spare and no life, you can get 1 end game item in *only 1-2 years of playing*. You gotta approach to this game as your job, becouse it will become routine, days after days with no visible progress, players in bg will hate you and vote to kick you out for years, and then when you finally get your thing, it will give you such a small benefit so you want to shoot yourself in the head.
Paying will save you not days, not months, but YEARs of farming!
And since one of end game items means wearing a stupid scifi suit that visually changes you into serial-made titanfall robot, I dont even feel need to spend time on this. Yahoooo!! :thumbsup:

Sunday, January 1st 2017, 10:02am

Quoted

allods here is PLAY to win and pay to boost

only those who are casualplayers or losers will call it "pay to win"...
:o I didn't expect this from you, "Losers"? come on can't you see how pay to win Allods is? no matter you work hard in this game a lot of people will be 1000 steps above you cause they pay tons of money (1k to 5k+$). The free to play server is an actual hell for new players. This is why I recommend for them the Pay to play server (Subscription server). https://allods.my.com/en/subscription
[Guilde: Utopie] [Server: Smugglers Paradise]

Character: DarkDemo

Class: Engineer

Fraction: Empire

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "TheAdmiral94" (Jan 1st 2017, 10:29am)

Sunday, January 1st 2017, 3:36pm

i say this because its true, have seen it happen often enough
this whole paying will make you win thing is not true

there are players which play free but gear to maximum (only do hard sector, use dominion tools and teal hammers)
as they are free players they ually dont have higher runes than full 9
still, they have an excellent understanding of how to play, classes, buffs and debuffs etc

they will win against almost every other player
these are rare but its possible
if the game were pay to win these players could not strike like this
thus the "paytowin" excuse is in fact only used by casualplayers or losers, if they want to find an excuse for beeng not successful in PVP
everyone can do this without money, given enough will is there

Sunday, January 1st 2017, 10:00pm

Quoted

i say this because its true, have seen it happen often enough
this whole paying will make you win thing is not true

there are players which play free but gear to maximum (only do hard sector, use dominion tools and tealby Counterflix"> hammers)
as they are free players they ually dont have higher runes than full 9
still, they have an excellent understanding of how to play, classes, buffs and debuffs etc

they will win against almost every other player
these are rare but its possible
if the game were pay to win these players could not strike like this
thus the "paytowin" excuse is in fact only used by casualplayers or losers, if they want to find an excuse for beeng not successful in PVP
everyone can do this without money, given enough will is there
So it's possible for a player with level 7 runs to defeat a player with level13 runs is that what you're trying to say? let me tell you that is impossible if they have the same gear score. anyway, the server still seems pay to win to me since there are many old hardcore cash shoppers who can kill any other player easily with 1-2 hits I mean just look at the gold factor (20$ get you 3 million gold)right? this is a crazy pay to win server.

Sunday, January 1st 2017, 11:51pm

mediaaa

Trainee

Watching mister Chairwarmer' convincing people that the game is not actually pay 2 win with so much energy- and all of that on Allods forum. Fcking priceless.
This is even funnier than memes i saw earlier today on 9gag...
sss

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "mediaaa" (Jan 1st 2017, 11:56pm)

Monday, January 2nd 2017, 12:30am

Quoted from "TheAdmiral94"

So it's possible for a player with level 7 runs to defeat a player with level13 runs is that what you're trying to say?

its not like all high runed players have high gear too

you can see players in this game with level 7 or 8 runes that beat up like 95% of the other population
and its unrealistic to expect ppl have same GS
there are only few with TOP gear
most have medium or low gear

there is always a bigger fish in the sea but who cares if chances you will meet this big fish are slim...
and if you meet him... its a game... if you lose, so what? respawn and keep going
you dont lose anything in this game by dying

Monday, January 2nd 2017, 6:43am

by Counterflix"> Watchingmister Chairwarmer' convincing people that the game is not actually pay 2 win with so much energy- and all of that on Allods forum. Fcking priceless.
This is even funnier than memes i saw earlier today on 9gag...
Can you link his video I want to laugh :D

Monday, January 2nd 2017, 7:10am

Quoted from "TheAdmiral94"

its not like all high runed players have high gear too

you can see players in this game with level 7 or 8 runes that beat up like 95% of the other population
and its unrealistic to expect ppl have same GS
there are only few withby Counterflix"> TOP gear
most have medium or low gear

there is always a bigger fish in the sea but who cares if chances you will meet this big fish are slim...
and if you meet him... its a game... if you lose, so what? respawn and keep going
you dont lose anything in this game by dying
We are in patch 8 now everone has around 60k-63k Gear score so this isn't a problem at the moment for high
runed players. They will kick everyone asses closed eyes -_-

Chances are slim ? you must be vey lucky at that server ^_^ there is more than a big fish and the number of these fish increase the chance of meeting one of them like boom! suprise motherfker! *Dead most of the time* Like WTF.

Monday, January 2nd 2017, 3:42pm

Let me solve this for you.

Wanna play p2w Allods - play on f2p server.

Wanna play non-p2w Allods - play on p2p server.

Wanna play non-p2w Allods completely for free - please GTFO.

Game has to make money to keep itself up.

-- Sincerely yours, Captain Obvious

Monday, January 2nd 2017, 4:25pm

mediaaa

Trainee

Let me solve this for you.

Wanna play p2w Allods - play on f2p server.

Wanna play non-p2w Allods - play on p2p server.

Wanna play non-p2w Allods completely for free - please GTFO.

Game has to make money to keep itself up.

-- Sincerely yours, Captain Obvious

Every MMORPG should have some payment options,like they do .. but in normal range,u know,buying costumes,mounts,gifts,etc...except for allods.
Allods made gaming so rude that they should get nobel prize for fcking people in the brains . The mOsT p2w game ever,with 0 and i repeat 0 support.
They ruined beautifull game ,and made a game for rich kids so they can beat the poor one and have fun.LITURALLY.
disgusting.

and about p2p server I don't even know why they open p2p server when they not promoting it,it has been 2-3 years and server is still dead.
sss

Monday, January 2nd 2017, 4:58pm

Every MMORPG should have some payment options,like they do .. but in normal range,u know,buying costumes,mounts,gifts,etc...except for allods.
There are different games, and different ways of monetization: p2p, b2p, f2p+p2w.

p2p and b2p games can additionally have cash shop for costumes, mount skins, gifts and stuff like that.

If f2p game doesn't provide p2w stuff in the cash shop, then for first it risks to become unprofitable, because if the game isn't about costumes and gifts, then there's a high chance the income from that kind of stuff won't cover the expenses on keeping the game up. And for second, there are people who love p2w games. And if you check how many chests are being opened during sales in Allods you'll see there are lot of that kind of people there.

So, if you don't like p2w and you figured Allods is p2w, just play something else. Simple.

And let people who love p2w and figured that Allods is p2w have their fun. Because after all it's all about buying fun for money, so as long as it's fun and you can afford it - why not?

Monday, January 2nd 2017, 5:18pm

mediaaa

Trainee

And let people who love p2w and figured that Allods is p2w have their fun. Because after all it's all about buying fun for money, so as long as it's fun and you can afford it - why not?

Because that is what ruined gaming world. GET 10000$ from 100 people instead take 100$ from 10000 people.
U can't go with that logic in worldwide online game. do u even know what u wrote? i see u have no clue how online game works,all u said fck poor people ,it's important that WE rich people can have fun. LOL.
sss

Monday, January 2nd 2017, 5:36pm

Because that is what ruined gaming world. GET 10000$ from 100 people instead take 100$ from 10000 people.
U can't go with that logic in worldwide online game. do u even know what u wrote? i see u have no clue how online game works,all u said fck poor people ,it's important that WE rich people can have fun. LOL.
Well, like it or not it's how Allods work. So even if I have no clue how online games work, I know perfectly how AO works and this is AO forum right?

You don't seriously consider going to http://www.lamborghini-talk.com/vbforum/ and start raging there about the car price? Why are you doing it here then?

There are games (are there?) that poor people can afford. If poor people can't afford AO, it's not AO's problem, it's poor people's. After all if you are poor you probably should stop looking for a better game and rather look for a better job instead. And join the rich people's community eventually, it's better there (well unless you are some religious Marxism-Leninism adept, then you just have to wait till there are more like you so you'll try the communistic revolution once again, maybe with better luck this time).

Monday, January 2nd 2017, 7:36pm

I know that really sucks for most players, but I see at least one justification for this strategy from a business point of view:

If you can earn the same amount of money either way, it's better to have less players, because you'll have to invest less money in server hardware or software optimizations. All those threads about lag... you get the picture.

After playing here for a while, it becomes clear that the "real game" is only being developed/provided by Russians for Russians and the international version is just an underhanded attempt to grab a lot of money with very little effort.

Monday, January 2nd 2017, 9:23pm

mediaaa

Trainee

Exactly my point Dala...and that why i said "They ruined beautifull game".. EU/NA can have 2 full servers but they just don't care ,only care how to robe rich people...

Also they can't earn same amount of money, because they have 50 hardcore cs players and thats it....there are no fresh blood for years now..
If they put normal price this game will have new players every day,who put 100-200$ into character and 10-20$ every month.
I don't really see how they even make big money now,every full cs player already have everything,so they don't put money anymore basically...
Anyway...sad story... i know many good people who love allods left because they found game too expencive...and now play something else
Im personaly playing on rus server and im happy.learned basically russian,enough to make small talk,support is great,forum is full,server also, PVP pops liturally the minute u que for it all day long...and everything is way cheaper... And thats real game,not this on EU/NA
sss

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "mediaaa" (Jan 2nd 2017, 9:28pm)

Tuesday, January 3rd 2017, 2:30pm

Diktator

Trainee

I think there's really no point to make threads like this...

This has been discussed over and over, we all know devs and publishers wont do anything about it.

This game is p2w, that doesn't stop me from playing. But it is the reason I no longer spend few hours a day going to astral or BGs.
Because, no matter how much time I spend grinding gear or just gold, I just wont be able to get near players with high level of cash shop.

Tuesday, January 3rd 2017, 2:57pm

Well, like it or not it's how Allods work. So even if I have no clue how online games work, I know perfectly how AO works and this is AO forum right?

You don't seriously consider going to http://www.lamborghini-talk.com/vbforum/ and start raging there about the car price? Why are you doing it here then?

There are games (are there?) that poor people can afford. If poor people can't afford AO, it's not AO's problem, it's poor people's. After all if you are poor you probably should stop looking for a better game and rather look for a better job instead. And join the rich people's community eventually, it's better there (well unless you are some religious Marxism-Leninism adept, then you just have to wait till there are more like you so you'll try the communistic revolution once again, maybe with better luck this time).

the comparison made me laugh so hard thumbs up for that :love:

and it wasnt even stated that theoretically, if you want, just by playing the game you can earn all the goods over time without ever paying a cent :D

and yes, absolutely, there are ppl who enjoy paying instead of farming
there are ppl who ENJOY paying for their virtual goods

and this is totally legit as noone forces you to do so!

always keep in mind... in games like shooter and so on, many ppl pay external vendors for providing them aimbot, esp, wallhack etc
company never gets money and its impossible to really win vs a cheater even if you are 100% skilled
in allods you pay company and they get money; this benefits YOUR game

Rate this thread