You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, January 23rd 2017, 3:49pm

• "The Allods Project" started this thread

what if?

What if you play the game, you spend your money on runes, the years go by and when you finnaly reach lvl 13 runes.
the developers decide to close down the server?
What happends then?

Monday, January 23rd 2017, 3:58pm

Quinz

Intermediate

You feel annoyed, betrayed, sad and angry for a few days, maybe a week, then you forget about it and life goes on. Sooner or later you'll have to accept that when this game finally shuts down for good, the loss of time and money is a consequence of your own actions.

It would probably not be the wisest choice to spend a shiet load of money into a game which is already dying and has a lifetime of 6 years. You're kinda screwing yourself over.
“If you want to conquer fear, don't sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.”
-Dale Carnegie

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”
-Bernard M. Baruch

Monday, January 23rd 2017, 4:01pm

freestile

Professional

i'd even say, what happens to any player in general.

idk how it works in others mmos but i guess you just lose everything when it happens.
To me it'd be cool (idk if it's doable thought) that every player can download an offline version of the game in which you could play all the chars of your account.
This way even if you lose a lot of the interests of the gale as you'd play alone, at least it'd be kind of a nostalgia game where you can see and play your chars forever... i think that to me it's gonna be really hard to just lose everything i've done during these years, so something like this should exist

Monday, January 23rd 2017, 4:03pm

Quinz

Intermediate

i'd even say, what happens to any player in general.

idk how it works in others mmos but i guess you just lose everything when it happens.
To me it'd be cool (idk if it's doable thought) that every player can download an offline version of the game in which you could play all the chars of your account.
This way even if you lose a lot of the interests of the gale as you'd play alone, at least it'd be kind of a nostalgia game where you can see and play your chars forever... i think that to me it's gonna be really hard to just lose everything i've done during these years, so something like this should exist

What some game developers do when they get tired of their game or simply make no or close to no money from it anymore, is that they either sell it to another developer, or they open-source it and release it to the public for people to be able to run private servers etc.

You can always hope that they'll choose one of these options when the game comes to an end. However judging by how little they've shown to care about their players in regards to support and feedback I'm not so sure they would care about this either.
“If you want to conquer fear, don't sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.”
-Dale Carnegie

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”
-Bernard M. Baruch

Monday, January 23rd 2017, 5:08pm

offline download would be the correct thing, if the game would ever get shut down
however we found out together this is extreme unlikely, nobody shuts down a well running business

otherwise, its something you HAVE to consider, everytime you spend $ on virtual goods
you lose control for a promise in return
the promise here is you can play with the virtual goods and have fun

promises can be broken
always consider that before donating

PS:
at a certain point of time, you will have spent <1$ / day in total
thats the point of time where you can say "i got something for my $ and IF they ever shut it, the financial loss is small"

Rate this thread