You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, January 26th 2017, 9:22pm

Do you think there should be a level cap or not?

To be honest, I don't know if this game should keep changing the max level or not.

Friday, January 27th 2017, 12:01am

Lvl cap changes expansion to expansion like other mmorpgs. I dont see any problem here.
poot poot poot poot poot... POOTIE!! YOU'VE BEEN POOTED!!!

Friday, January 27th 2017, 2:14pm

rozetri

Intermediate

It's an interesting concept to go without a max level increase or to even go without the concept of a level at all. However, at this point the idea of a max level is too baked into the mechanics of the game to move away from. Your current level has a rather drastic effect on several aspects of your character, both visible and invisible, especially when matched up against another entity's level. It would be fun to see it done in another game, but I doubt it will come quickly as the concept of leveling is so ingrained in the genre and so easily understood and accepted by players. I will say, though, if the game didn't increase its max level, it would certainly make it easier for players to join the community at large.
IGN: Rozetri
Class: Xadaganian Great Avenger - Lv.75
Guild: Ascendancy (Valiance)
Server: New Frontier (Tensess)
Ship: IndigoSky

Friday, January 27th 2017, 2:42pm

Friday, January 27th 2017, 4:36pm

I will say, though, if the game didn't increase its max level, it would certainly make it easier for players to join the community at large.
Will that also make players leave the game more often? What would be the incentive to stay?

If there's still some kind of progress involved (let's say you could infinitely farm vigor and stamina if to speak about allods) then the gap between old and new players will still be growing even if there's no level cap.

If there's no progress then it's called MOBA and there are lots of games of that kind out there.

So we'd be left with one last option when you don't always win the game but you actually lose. And by lose I don't mean getting 10 weekly realgars instead of 30. I mean full-drop kind of a lose. When you need to fight again for what's already been yours. Don't think the community will like this approach too much.

But maybe there are more options?