You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, February 12th 2017, 10:20pm

• "The Allods Project" started this thread

p2p server or f2p server

So i was wondering for years if a was gonna switch to p2p server. and if anyone else is thinking the same as i did i can tell you how i feel.
The server is low populated and there are costumes, holy weapons and other cool stuff that is missing here.

But i can honestly say that after played on the f2p server since 2011 i will never return to the f2p server, even though "fun" moments are rare on this server, when they eventually come, they are soo much bigger than on the f2p server.

Those moments you kill another player by SKILL and not cash, when you get your first costumes and mounts by PLAYING THE GAME and all this good stuff that has been completely ruined on the f2p server.

As for right now i hope for a bigger community because the low population seems like a small issue but when we got more player and more players are coming, then this server will be a fresh start to the best mmorpg of all times! :D

Thats how i feel!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Gladia" (Feb 13th 2017, 1:02am) with the following reason: only two servers: smugglers paradise p2p, and new frontier f2p

Monday, February 13th 2017, 1:22am

Quoted

Those moments you kill another player by SKILL and not cash, when you get your first costumes and mounts by PLAYING THE GAME

if this feels great to you...
now imagine how it feels to kill another player and achieve all these items on free server without cash ;)

and a question about holy weapons; how to get them? i read its only possible from the circle of equals tournament...

Monday, February 13th 2017, 1:26am

Well if you manage to get lvl 10 runes, pat 5 and combat mounts witch are required to become even close to equal to other players on the f2p server, than maby yea. but nobody can achive that its impossible.

And if you are one of those people who thinks you can get that with no cash then hehe, well you are allowed to think so! ;)

<edited>

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Gladia" (Feb 13th 2017, 2:20am)

Monday, February 13th 2017, 6:21am

i made it to level 9 instead of 10, pat 5 and combat mount and exoskeleton and all the other improvements that help building up comfort & superiority, all free without any $ :)
i already reached my goal, the satisfaction is hard to describe in words :love:

Monday, February 13th 2017, 10:13am

Yea and i can shit rainbows and unicorns...

Everytimee someone says anything positive about the p2p server and somehthing bad about the f2p server then you cash spedning hardcore guys are always there to defend the f2p server :P

Maby you are afraid that the p2p server will steel the population from the f2p server when people start to realize that runes has turned Allods into a joke!

<edited>

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Gladia" (Feb 13th 2017, 2:10pm)

Monday, February 13th 2017, 11:27am

Alafff

Intermediate

Not gonna happen , lots of people still go on F2P , get disgusted by cash shop and cash shop players , put some money , see the gap , leave in disgust , never try the p2p.

Need people on both side , Need competent people on both side , atm Empire is far more advanced than League , (We kill all raid bosses since a month , they still can't manage second)

Pfannkuchen is a small guild in league i guess they're not against some more people.
Insdious on the other hand could represent the league.

Brotherhood had an officiel disband message yesterday , dont know what will happen
Utopie is empire and server first guild (Except we are second in domi right now).

Each of theses guild need people i guesss . As for me , i'm officer in Utopie so if you wanna come , doors are open :)
Sigmar 95 Demonist Officer of Legacy (Empire / P2P
Also HolyCurves , Malagor , Seya ,Therrettih , MySQL , TheProdigy

Old character
Alaff (90 Warrior F2P)
Alaff (95 Warrior P2P)

Monday, February 13th 2017, 2:24pm

First of all, new frontier is pay to win,
Second i have been asking for weeks to get in to utopie but nobody invites me

Monday, February 13th 2017, 3:01pm

Quinz

Intermediate

My theory on how it works in Allods Online:

New players (20%):

80% of players:
Usually wants to try out the game before they decide to spend any money, even if they actually prefer subscription before F2P. They try the game, find leveling quite slow and boring because of low population. If they make it far enough they soon get directed on the path to the cash shop and will soon realize how much crap you will need to get from the cash shop. 90% quit before reaching max level and won't even consider trying out the P2P server option.

The few that holds on till max level is either completely uninterested in PvP and/or competitive gameplay, or they have not yet realized how cash shop dependent the game is, but it will occur to them sooner or later.

20% of players: The few that will try out the P2P server, usually as a first option. 99% will get bored before reaching max level because of the extremely low population. No one wants an mmo to feel like a single-player game.

Returning players (80%):

95% of players:
Most likely played Allods since beta, or at least in an early stage. They return every once in a while because of nostalgia, usually when a new big update is released, in hopes that the game has changed to the better. They remember how good the game once was and all the fun they had. They soon realize however that the game has not changed at all, or just got worse, and they will quit again.

5% of players: Maybe played the game once or twice before, probably many years ago, and just happened to stumble upon this game again. They try it out, only to soon realize that it's a lot worse than it was all those years ago. They quit and never look back.

Active players:

85% of the players:
They just can't let go of the game, despite hating certain things in the game, usually cash shop or population related, or both. It's likely that they can't let go of the good memories they have from Allods, or the friends they've made. It could also in some cases be because they've spent so much money on the game, it's difficult to leave it all behind.

15% of the players: They actually like the game the way it is. Some people just don't mind the low population, or the need for cash shop items. Some people like to spend money on the game in order to get powerful, and enjoy P2W. Some people just don't care at all and is only in it for the cosmetics, socializing and/or other stuff. And there are the few ones that gave their life to Allods and do nothing else than playing the game. They will be able to achieve pretty much anything, whether spending money or not.
“If you want to conquer fear, don't sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.”
-Dale Carnegie

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”
-Bernard M. Baruch

Monday, February 13th 2017, 6:57pm

i made it to level 9 instead of 10, pat 5 and combat mount and exoskeleton and all the other improvements that help building up comfort & superiority, all free without any $ :)
i already reached my goal, the satisfaction is hard to describe in words :love:

And how many hours have you played?

Monday, February 13th 2017, 9:38pm

countless, for sure
i play ~4,5 years now (still dont have the 5 year veteran badge)
every day a few hours; if possible many hours (allods is a good game to do something else beside, watch movies etc)

if not enough time, only doing "minimum" so 20 minutes or something (daily tasks, auctions)
its always a pity when RL is so demanding, there is not enough time to spend on a hobby so you are saturated with this hobby....

so its quite some work,time and effort i put into my level9+items
but this is exactly the point, it feels great i reached this level just by playing the game and nothing else... its a kind of personal achievement

when i read how OP was happy with achieving things by playing, i remembered that awesome feeling
without this feeling something would be missing for me
taking a shortcut (buying with $) always can result in less experience

i really love how this game offers the shortcut with $ without "forcing" the player to do so
this "pay what you want" mentality is awesome
it makes it possible that players donate because they appreciate this game, but they can appreciate it also without donating
you can have everything for free
just play and keep it up
good things come to those who wait ;)

im sure there are ppl who are like ´"hey, AOP could have just instabought all his items and lv9 with $ and saved a lot of time & effort", but as i enjoyed what i did, i dont regret it at all and would do it again if i could choose; only thing i would change would be playing from begin of game which i sadly missed ;( ;( ;(

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Feb 13th 2017, 9:53pm)

Tuesday, February 14th 2017, 7:29pm

Quinz

Intermediate

i play ~4,5 years now
Play 4,5 years and get full lvl 9 runes,
or...
play a few months and then pay your way up to lvl 9 runes (if you'd really want lvl 9 runes)

I'd go for the latter. Time is more precious for me than money. Spending 4,5 years constantly playing a low populated Russian game with a careless support/dev team just to get a stronger character... no thanks, I'm good.

But that's me.
“If you want to conquer fear, don't sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.”
-Dale Carnegie

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”
-Bernard M. Baruch