You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, February 28th 2017, 10:01am

VincentVosk

Beginner

• "VincentVosk" started this thread

Need a PvE Tank build please

Hello I'm a new player Gilliga and was hoping I could get a nice PvE palidan tank build ^.^ Thank you

-Gilliy :love:
Walking With a Friend In The Dark is Better Then Walking Alone In The Light

Tuesday, February 28th 2017, 2:51pm

rozetri

Intermediate

Other Pallies can give their input, but I believe the basic essence of what you NEED to tank as a Pally is this build. There's a lot more nice-to-have options that basically just improve your damage or give you a more solid grip on an additional number of mobs, but by and large this should serve you well and includes all the major defensive components.
IGN: Rozetri
Class: Xadaganian Great Avenger - Lv.75
Guild: Ascendancy (Valiance)
Server: New Frontier (Tensess)
Ship: IndigoSky

Tuesday, February 28th 2017, 3:40pm

Aionwen

Professional

"this build" contents two rubies in second grid applying DoT on a certain number of enemies around by NOT having the DoT skilled in Talenttree.
Do the rubies apply DoT without having it in Talenttree?

and u have rubies to heal teammates in red AoE, but this AoE lasts only 3 secs and has more then 40secs cooldown without other rubies i guess.
is this heal still efficient?
PLS make Tekians playable race. fix shipcanons!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Aionwen" (Feb 28th 2017, 3:45pm)

Tuesday, February 28th 2017, 4:29pm

rozetri

Intermediate

"this build" contents two rubies in second grid applying DoT on a certain number of enemies around by NOT having the DoT skilled in Talenttree.
Do the rubies apply DoT without having it in Talenttree?

and u have rubies to heal teammates in red AoE, but this AoE lasts only 3 secs and has more then 40secs cooldown without other rubies i guess.
is this heal still efficient?
To your first question, surprisingly yes. Even if you don't have a single point in Condemnation, Interdiction will still apply a rank 1 Condemn DoT like it normally would. Of course, if you want the DoT to do relevant damage you will have to rank it up, but the real reason we're applying Condemn is because of Public Trial. With that ruby, we don't have to worry about actively casting Conviction, and can instead just focus on threat-building and damage mitigation.

To the second question, by red AoE I assume you mean Holy Ground? In which case, I actually did not put the healing rubies in that build. Those qualify as nice-to-have, but not necessary. The rubies I did place in the build are the ones that reduce damage taken by any party member in the field while Holy Ground is active. In an ideal world, you would also get the rubies that increase the time Holy Ground lasts, but those rubies are pretty far away without some investment in cash shop pages. Still, the extra damage mitigation is nice, and you have to grab at least one on the path over to grabbing AoE taunt.

As for whether the actual Holy Ground healing rubies are efficient or not... I'm not sure. I'm not entirely convinced of their effectiveness, but I don't have a lot of experience with them. Do keep in mind that Pally is a Swiftness class, so with the 500 swiftness that eventually becomes your goal in life, the cooldown is actually only 18s without cooldown rubies rather than 36s without cooldown rubies. If you have a support in the group with Temporal Acceleration or can grab the cooldown rubies, it can be even lower than that.

Wednesday, March 1st 2017, 7:39pm

VincentVosk

Beginner

Other Pallies can give their input, but I believe the basic essence of what you NEED to tank as a Pally is this build. There's a lot more nice-to-have options that basically just improve your damage or give you a more solid grip on an additional number of mobs, but by and large this should serve you well and includes all the major defensive components.
Thank you A Ton Its Helping Out A Newbie like me well ^_^ Thank you

-Gilly :love:

Wednesday, March 1st 2017, 8:18pm

VincentVosk

Beginner

Thank you All For The Help ^_^ Maybe now I can not be so Newbie lol :thumbsup:

-Gilly :love:

Thursday, March 2nd 2017, 6:00am

Out of the "needs" I disagree with the following:

-- Talents --
Circle of Justice - it's kind of a nice after thought, but not really needed.
Conviction - I only run rank 2, and it's more than enough for me.

-- Rubies --
Massive Challenge - maybe it's just my runes, CS, etc, but AoE agro is not an issue for me. Even against mages/scouts who don't wait.
Solstice - it's some times nice to have, some times a bother, in the end not absolutely necessary.

Thursday, March 2nd 2017, 2:48pm

rozetri

Intermediate

Out of the "needs" I disagree with the following:

-- Talents --
Circle of Justice - it's kind of a nice after thought, but not really needed.
Conviction - I only run rank 2, and it's more than enough for me.

-- Rubies --
Massive Challenge - maybe it's just my runes, CS, etc, but AoE agro is not an issue for me. Even against mages/scouts who don't wait.
Solstice - it's some times nice to have, some times a bother, in the end not absolutely necessary.
Certainly a fair analysis. You can honestly relax on the aggro options listed there depending on familiarity with the class, your gear, and your level of CS. The suggested build is based in part on assuming those three factors are somewhat lacking. To be fair, both tear skills are nice extras that could be sacrificed for something else, though I'm not sure what would give the greatest improvement. There are a few places where going without Solstice really slows down certain pulls, though, depending on party composition and their capabilities. It's also easier to manage the annoying instances now, given the much longer cooldown on the effect. Massive Challenge also has its uses as a panic aggro button, for some weird boss deaggro instances, or when you're targeting one thing but need to regain aggro on something else. Still, you're not going to be a terrible tank if you're without either ruby, it just makes your life that much easier.

Thursday, March 2nd 2017, 6:15pm

To be fair, I'm just a terrible tank period. Which is why I prefer to dps :P

Thursday, March 2nd 2017, 7:03pm

rozetri

Intermediate

To be fair, I'm just a terrible tank period. Which is why I prefer to dps :P
Gee, from my memory you kinda kicked ass on both fronts. Certainly put me to shame on the latter!

Sunday, August 20th 2017, 2:32am

Sunday, August 20th 2017, 2:57am

What do you guys think?
Never played pali tank to comment on most of the rubies, but paladin who's taking "Battle Cry" rubies has to be crucified.

Sunday, August 20th 2017, 6:56am

What do you guys think?
Never played pali tank to comment on most of the rubies, but paladin who's taking "Battle Cry" rubies has to be crucified.
No Battle Cry and Unbreakable shield then? If you have no alternatives then just don't reply :thumbdown:

Sunday, August 20th 2017, 8:24pm

Ofc I have an alternative to suggest: https://alloder.pro/calc-en#t$bge26f0f00…3gv1u1o::13ydj3

But it's kinda obvious, so you could do it yourself.

Sunday, August 20th 2017, 10:20pm

Ofc I have an alternative to suggest: https://alloder.pro/calc-en#t$bge26f0f00…3gv1u1o::13ydj3

But it's kinda obvious, so you could do it yourself.
Great help, congratulations

Sunday, August 20th 2017, 11:01pm

Be my guest. And btw, I'm 100% serious about "Battle Cry"