You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, March 21st 2017, 7:35pm

Comparing Runes with Others

Hi,

I’ve decided to make a Rune Table that show us how much increase/decrease we get from each level difference when we compare Runes with another player. By doing so I’ve made pictures and illustration on MSPAINT to show you the complications we face when comparing someone’s Runes.

Firstly, I’ll tell you what you already know. The Rune increase our base value damage with 10% per full level set of Runes. However, when saying someone who got level 10 Runes has 10% more output damage than someone with level 9 Runes, are wrong. Here I’ll show you why.

Each player got 10 points as base value in damage.
Player A got full set of 8 Runes.
Player B got full set of 10 Runes.
The Formula for Output Damage is: Base Value x % from Runes.
Player A Output Damage is: 10 x 1,80 = 18 dmg.
Player B Output Damage is: 10 x 2 = 20 dmg.

To calculate one of the players increase/decrease we have to choose to focus at only one player at a time. The formula to calculate the comparison between 2 players are: Difference in output damage points divided at chosen player multiplied with 100.

So let’s say we choose to focus at player A. That means we are the ones with level 8 Runes.
Now, the difference in output damage is 2 points, and our output damage is 18.
The result: 2/18x100 = 11,11% damage are Player B doing more than Player A.

We now change and put ourselves in Player B position.
The result: 2/20x100 = 10% damage are Player A doing less than Player B.

I’ve calculated each increase/decrease from each level and put them into a table.
To use this table you have to read it left and right, not up and down.
The picture is rather large so when you click it you will see the numbers more clearly.

Let’s look at Player A again, he got level 8 Runes and we find 0% on this table.

Then we compare them with Player B at that same line, then you'll see we stop at the green number 11,1%, meaning Player B deals 11,1% more damage than Player A.

If we do this from Player B perspective, we see Player A got exactly 10% less damage.

The green numbers are how much more damage one player is doing compared to another player, the red is how much less damage the player do.

So, is there anyway to remember this a little bit easier than looking at this table every time you want to find out the difference in damage?
Yes.
I’ve created a second table which show the difference for one level set of Runes.

By using this table, you look at your set of Runes and find the difference per level.
For each level difference, you multiply your number with the amount of levels there are in difference.
Let me show you how.

My Runes are level 9, that means I have 5,26% difference of each level compared with another player.
My old friend Kissaki had level 11 Runes last time I checked, that means Kissaki got 5,26% x 2 = 10,52% more damage than me.

If I take an example of someone who got lower Runes than me it will be just the same.
My level 9 Runes compared to a player with level 3 Runes: 5,26% x 6 = 31,56% less damage is that player doing compared with me.

As you can see on this table Level 13 Runes got -4,34%. That is because a player with level 13 Runes can only see how much more damage he is doing compared to a player with lower Runes. A 13 Runed player vs another 13 Runed player equals to 0% output damage difference.

What you end up knowing from this;
Runes increase your Base Value damage with 10% each set upgraded.
Runes increase your Output damage with less each set upgraded. Third table shows this in comment.

I made this topic because there has been countless of discussion about this, and I’m very sure there will come more. Finally, now we have reference points to calculate this.
This information is only for those who have a personal interest to this and is of no use in-game.
If you think my calculations are wrong, please say so.
If you don’t understand it or doesn’t manage to do it yourself, don’t hesitate to ask.
- Tyto

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Tytos" (Mar 25th 2017, 2:38pm) with the following reason: I don't like grammar mistakes and I found one.

Wednesday, March 22nd 2017, 1:18pm

Very cool idea, but you are missing the patronage level's affect on the damage difference.
Ie, you need to add 250% to the rune level % for calculating.

Edit: Nvm, checked in game. Seems they changed this, it used to be like how I wrote. Seems it's been changed now, but when they did it idk. So every level of rune is 10% increase after full set of +1 level of runes now. That's pretty OP if it's true...

This post has been edited 4 times, last edit by "Tirraqoax" (Mar 22nd 2017, 2:16pm)

Wednesday, March 22nd 2017, 1:23pm

Great job on putting it all together.

I've decided to add another table to show how much it would cost to upgrade a set of 3 attacking runes (based on current exchange rate ~3600 g/bc) and what would be the price of 1% increment of DPS.

Rune Grade
Full cost in BC
Upgrade cost in BC
DMG increment of full set in %
1 rune upgrade cost in EUR
3 runes upgrade cost in EUR
Cost of 1% DMG increase in EUR
100----

So it can be seen, for example, that upgrading 3 attacking runes from 8 to 9 would cost 138 EUR and it will increase the damage by 5.55%, making 1% cost 24.89 EUR. If you want to upgrade rune lvl 10 to lvl 11 then 1% of DMG increase would cost you 113.96 EUR.

Tirraqoax, Patronage level and runes are kinda different stories and increase damage independently, why mix them up?

P.S. Table didn't fully fit :( there was one extra column that contains "3 runes upgrade cost in EUR"/"DMG increment of full set in %"

Wednesday, March 22nd 2017, 1:52pm

Edited comment @user_1129018

Wednesday, March 22nd 2017, 2:01pm

Yeah, but I think you failed to read the original post.

Which is sad, coz Tytos have actually made a good job on calculations, but all for nothing apparently.

Wednesday, March 22nd 2017, 4:44pm

Great Job Tyto.
Missing one thing.....
The calculations is right for PVE, in PvP enter also the defense runes.
Defensive rune increase defense half way of attacking runes.
So 2 player fight each other, the high level runes do more damage at the low level runes due a low defense runes.
So the calculations is little bit different, you must add the differnce damge abosrb by defense rune.
Example:
Player full set lvl 7 rune versus a full player lvl 8 rune.
Player lvl 7 rune do less damage form attacking rune by almost 5.5% but the opponents lvl 8 runes absorb almost 2.5% of damage, so in total he done almost 7.5% less damage.
Player full set Lvl 8 rune done 5.8% more damge but also theplayer full lvl 7 rune absorb less damage almost 2.7%, so in total is 8.5%.
This is only take in account of runes, after there was other factor, defensive and offensive stat, but this is another story :D
Bye

Folsom

Wednesday, March 22nd 2017, 11:17pm

Great Job Tyto.
Missing one thing.....
The calculations is right for PVE, in PvP enter also the defense runes.
Defensive rune increase defense half way of attacking runes.
So 2 player fight each other, the high level runes do more damage at the low level runes due a low defense runes.
So the calculations is little bit different, you must add the differnce damge abosrb by defense rune.
Example:
Player full set lvl 7 rune versus a full player lvl 8 rune.
Player lvl 7 rune do less damage form attacking rune by almost 5.5% but the opponents lvl 8 runes absorb almost 2.5% of damage, so in total he done almost 7.5% less damage.
Player full set Lvl 8 rune done 5.8% more damge but also theplayer full lvl 7 rune absorb less damage almost 2.7%, so in total is 8.5%.
This is only take in account of runes, after there was other factor, defensive and offensive stat, but this is another story :D
Bye

Folsom
Yes I decided not to add the defensive runes because that % vary so much and I haven't calculated that yet, which I can do when I get time.
However saying this -> "Defensive rune increase defense half way of attacking runes." is wrong and you can check that easily with level 1 Runes.

In defence slots:
A full set of level 1 Runes decrease incoming damage with 9,1%.
A full set of level 7 Runes decrease incoming damage with 41%.
A full set of level 8 Runes decrease incoming damage with 44%.
And for the 10,s it is 50% decreased damage.

This table works if you compare it with another player, as stated in the first sentence in the original post. Not against another player in PvP. Ofc stats are a whole other story but who cares for stats in this game, its all about bling bling :D

When I created the table I used excel and print screen because I know forum tables usually mess things up. My word document is 4 pages with more pictures and several examples. I figured out when trying to copy paste to this forum that this was enough and covered the information (this is only ca 2 pages).
This information tho, is (almost) useless in game :D It's just fun for us who are curious :D

@user_1129018
When you put it that way of cost vs % increase damage compared others it seems very little but your table is correct. But keep in mind, a full set does increase your output damage with 10%, always :thumbsup: .

And to the patronage thingy, I don't think it ever has been mixed with your Runes in any previous patches?
As in, you always get your Runes bonus, but the 200/250% bonus is only applied in Astral (Dunno if raid is counted as Astral in this case).
Also when you keep your mouse over your Patronage it says that it grants you the use of Patronage skills, gives you 200% more damage and healing + added Vigor defined by level of Patronage. It doesn't state that Runes are applied once you have activated your Patron.
But I could be wrong, ain't gonna lie :whistling:

Thursday, March 23rd 2017, 1:53am

Thursday, March 23rd 2017, 12:14pm

But keep in mind, a full set does increase your output damage with 10%, always .
Not sure I understand.

If I have full set of lvl 12 runes and upgrade to full set of 13 runes will that increase my damage output by 10%? Is that what you mean by saying "always"?

Thursday, March 23rd 2017, 12:36pm

But keep in mind, a full set does increase your output damage with 10%, always .
Not sure I understand.

If I have full set of lvl 12 runes and upgrade to full set of 13 runes will that increase my damage output by 10%? Is that what you mean by saying "always"?
It's almost like a game of defenitions of words here.
I'm not gonna edit my earlier comment, but I noticed I shouldn't have used the word output damage as I informed you wrong sorry about that.

It increase your base value damage with 10% per level -> Always. This is where I meant with always, your base value.
It increase your output damage with 4,54% -> only from 12 to 13.

Does this make more sense? :)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Tytos" (Mar 23rd 2017, 12:57pm) with the following reason: Kittens had me confused.

Thursday, March 23rd 2017, 1:15pm

Does this make more sense?
Of course it does. Originally I thought that it was your intention to show with numbers that "always 10%" is a misleading statement, therefore I got confused when you used that statement yourself xD

Thursday, March 23rd 2017, 1:27pm

Does this make more sense?
Of course it does. Originally I thought that it was your intention to show with numbers that "always 10%" is a misleading statement, therefore I got confused when you used that statement yourself xD
Haha yeah :D This has honestly been a brainf*cker since the beginning.
I think people are more interested the "output damage" increase as your table actually show, not the base value increase.
So I simply changed my second table to this:

This table show you much your output damage are increased each time you upgrade your Runes and you compare it to your previous level.
Correct me if I'm wrong here @user_lotsofnumbers. I'm getting tired of math xD

Sunday, March 26th 2017, 2:21am

Kissaki

Trainee

Tytos you old Sabeltann wannabe!

I don't understand all this nerd stuff. How will it help you to kill orcs?

Sunday, March 26th 2017, 6:07pm

Oh all these numbers and stuffs? Nono you got it all wrong. When I quit there was no more orcs for me to kill. hence my mission was complete.
And since Shades then left, they added dem Runes to make it easier for everyone (youhuu) else to... remove obstacles xD

Thursday, March 30th 2017, 9:21am

outstanding Ty :thumbsup: .I see you still slacking with that perv Kiss ;)

Rate this thread