You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, April 9th 2017, 5:16pm

F2P or P2P for the best PVE only experience?

Old player (back when gpotat) ran the game... Hopped on and was having some fun!

My question is... If someone is ONLY looking for a PVE experience which server is best to join?

I understand the P2P is less populated BUT... does the cash shop hinder PVE progression in the F2P server?

What I'm asking is... can one tackle all PVE content effectively without spending money? Just using earned questing gear and drops?

Sunday, April 9th 2017, 8:18pm

That depends on what you mean by "all PVE content".

Both astral and raids offer different modes now. There's an easy/normal mode for astral and easy/normal/hard modes for raids. Easy mode should be doable. The difference between easy and normal/hard is the amount of loot, so you'll be falling behind in gearing up compared to those who do normal modes.

So basically these different modes allow you to participate in all content, but to be able to participate in the most challenging pve content (hard mode raids) you'll need to work on boosting your char with cash shop stuff (whether by grinding or cashing up).

Sunday, April 9th 2017, 9:30pm

Both astral and raids offer different modes now. There's an easy/normal mode for astral and easy/normal/hard modes for raids. Easy mode should be doable. The difference between easy and normal/hard is the amount of loot, so you'll be falling behind in gearing up compared to those who do normal modes.

So basically these different modes allow you to participate in all content, but to be able to participate in the most challenging pve content (hard mode raids) you'll need to work on boosting your char with cash shop stuff (whether by grinding or cashing up).
Thank you for taking the time to respond!

Being someone that really just enjoys the journey (questing/leveling) I'm guessing both servers would be fine!

Sunday, April 9th 2017, 10:18pm

DrakoKan

Beginner

Thank you for taking the time to respond!

Being someone that really just enjoys the journey (questing/leveling) I'm guessing both servers would be fine!

Hi, well on f2p journey it's really long, on p2p exp rate a bit much better, but if care of levelling with other player, f2p have much moore. If dont care of this try on p2p if care only of pve in relax. Yes look like a ghost town, but for just only enjoy the levelling and pve for me it's better. You can try p2p for 7 day free, if dont like it, you can go to f2p with no problem :D Good game ^^

Sunday, April 9th 2017, 11:23pm

Hi, well on f2p journey it's really long, on p2p exp rate a bit much better, but if care of levelling with other player, f2p have much moore. If dont care of this try on p2p if care only of pve in relax. Yes look like a ghost town, but for just only enjoy the levelling and pve for me it's better. You can try p2p for 7 day free, if dont like it, you can go to f2p with no problem :D Good game ^^
Yeah I understand that there is something like a 30% exp boost on the P2P server!

I'm leaning a little more toward the P2P server just because there are no cash shop temptations.

I appreciate the reply! Thank you!

Monday, April 10th 2017, 12:53am

subscription = you will have instant:

2nd earring slot
some additional statpoints (however less than possible on free server)
in cobaplateau you can do a Q for getting lootpet
"invisible and fixed" set of level 5 runes
EDIT: permanent huge EXP boost!

negative things is a microbag (is this still the case?!)
no proper mount and a few more other things

so the question is, if you only want PVE anyway, isnt it "smarter/cheaper" for you to spend the amount you want to spend on playtime (non-permanent) on items (permanent) to make your start easier?
like a looter and a fast mount from the beginning maybe with a set of the "rare artefacts"?
(if you re ok with donating a bit, why wait on sub with lootpet until level 35, a fast mount until max level and a big bag almost forever? if you donate you can expect to get something for instantly; donating is not to still wait, its to save time :P)

these rare artefacts make free to play like subscription a bit, with the difference you can still play when they run off 1st and 2nd they will give you permanent fragments so after some time you get these things permanent

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Apr 10th 2017, 10:17pm)

Monday, April 10th 2017, 1:53am

subscription = you will have instant:

2nd earring slot
some additional statpoints (however less than possible on free server)
in cobaplateau you can do a Q for getting lootpet
"invisible and fixed" set of level 5 runes

so the question is, if you only want PVE anyway, isnt it "smarter/cheaper" for you to spend the amount you want to spend on playtime (non-permanent) on items (permanent) to make your start easier?
like a looter and a fast mount from the beginning maybe with a set of the "rare artefacts"?
(if you re ok with donating a bit, why wait on sub with lootpet until level 35, a fast mount until max level and a big bag almost forever? if you donate you can expect to get something for instantly; donating is not to still wait, its to save time :P)

these rare artefacts make free to play like subscription a bit, with the difference you can still play when they run off 1st and 2nd they will give you permanent fragments so after some time you get these things permanent
Hmmm... You make great points for joining the F2P server!

Luckily I haven't decided yet!

Thank you for the reply! Its greatly appreciated!

Monday, April 10th 2017, 3:50pm

Eclipse drops a 54 slot bag and drake, gates' Colossus boss drops a Pegasus
-Macmillan/Aquaman

Monday, April 10th 2017, 4:59pm

incredible it still takes such effort just to get a proper bag :S

Monday, April 10th 2017, 5:37pm

There are 2 tiers of bag below the 54 that drop in tep's pyramid and gorluxor's tower as well, and eclipse really isn't that much of an effort
-Macmillan/Aquaman

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "tpb112793" (Apr 10th 2017, 6:21pm)

Monday, April 10th 2017, 6:18pm

Buuhuu

Intermediate

"P2P vs F2P" Block:

Spoiler Spoiler

Actually I don't see an effort in here. You can level up til 45 and get your 42 Slot Bag in around 20min from GT. Once you have unlocked Teps Pyramid, you can get the 48 Slot Bag. Those raids can be done solo easily on level 75. With 3-4 Players it's easy to defeat Eclipse to get the 54 Slot Bag + a tradeable dragon mount.
Beside that I didn't see any new player complaining the first days of playing about the bag (on level 30 you have a 30 Slot bag) within the around 500 vendors around all quest areas :)
However on f2p you need to invest more than 1000 crystals (1 month time) to get the 48 Slot Bag, if I'm not wrong. This bag is the default bag for every new player reaching max level (cause you can solo teps pyramid)

I know you have the opinion that if you pay money you should have comfort. I have a completely different opinion about the p2p in this matter.

The p2p gives you a base, where everyone can earn all needed/fancy/comfort stuff by just playing the game under equal conditions. On f2p you are a new "naked" player, on p2p you are too, but you can earn stuff much easier trough ingame stuff and not by farming or buying crystals.

Things like 50% more exp (yes 50 not 30), dropped (and tradeable) replicators from astral chests and never ending blessing are awesome for a new player. And ship pvp is normal, cause you don't have those overpowered cash shop ship parts, which destroys the variety of the different ship parts <3

Still time and skill will be the things which will decide who is in advantage (so you basically could still dominate :P). However there is no possible way to boost yourself through money (except the collectors edition mount). We did hard mode colossus with 5 Players, yesterday. We got the pegasus which has the same speed like the one from collectors edition has and you can get almost equal mounts with lower effort.

And don't forget, once you are level 40+ you will get fast temporary mounts, like astral cat, fox, pegasus etc. for leveling.

However back to topic: For PvE it depends on what you are looking for. I heard that groups with say level 8 runes and higher are rushing trough sector 2 allods, which used to be a hard, challenging allod. On p2p you cannot do this, ofc you can have skilled groups which can pull more mobs at once, but normally you cannot pull that much at one time. Raids are also more challenging due to the lower base damage we are doing on p2p. Also a mix of PvE and PvP is the trial of blood currently. You are fighting against monsters in a rated fight, but those ratings are compared to other players, who could have better cash shop than you do.
(About guild behaviour according rune level, minimum cash shop etc. I cannot tell much, cause I'm playing on p2p)

If you don't mind those things, then I would think you are better on f2p, but for me the best pve experience is, when you have to (maybe even hardly) stick to tactics to kill raid bosses or where some mistakes can even wipe your party on s2 allods :P
BAUA POWA!

Monday, April 10th 2017, 10:39pm

1st off, i forgot to mention the (permanent) expboost on subscription-server which does matter for a new player for sure and edited my previous post
2nd - its good to know that the "teps pyramid" raid also gives a decent bag as this is the easiest / most singleplayer-friendly raid! i am happy to hear this as it improves the situation

GT raid and DC raid can be done solo too, yes, but take a LOT more time and effort
eclipse and newer raids cant be done solo

the "payment -> comfort" POV thing is obvious, i am aware that most players on subscription pay for "no / less comfort" which results in more equality; all clear
only thing i completely disagree is how the permanent blessing is beneficial to anyone, as there is the 24h incense from daily customers quest and the 4h incense from elizaveta / marianne - so you get 28H blessing every 24 h on free game; thats like a permanent blessing :P

interesting is how some players enjoy the higher difficulty / challenge in PVE that results in the limitations on subscription-server

for me there is nothing like rushing throught the allod on the (order bonus) 30% more dmg / "100-more-determination-day" while skipping all adds and going to the 4 bosses directly, ignoring the adds completely just letting them down in the aoe without any attention :love::love::love:
its like 5 minutes for a complete allod if im alone with the mercs or some good players :love:

no matter what our prefernces are,
we all do a good job providing all the infos here so the reader can get a good picture of the whole :)

Monday, April 10th 2017, 11:39pm

Buuhuu

Intermediate

"P2P vs. F2P" Block

Spoiler Spoiler

GT doesn't take more than 20min. The longest fight is against Nogrom, cause you need to wait for him, during the waves. Dead City itself doesn't drop a bag. (Just two Gryphons 3* and 4*).

Quoted

"no / less comfort" which results in more equality

Well it's not that easy. Actually we have a lot of comfort. We don't need to level up our mount with food, we don't even need food. And we don't have to do this quest for it every day to get our blessing (speaking about comfort ;P)
We get astral replicators for free just by doing astral bosses. Core Morphers are core morphers in AH, no coupons for it. Ofc on the other side nice things are missing (Goblin Master and Loot Pet for herbs/ore to call the things by name). However if you speak about comfort I think this means not just nice things you can achieve, but the quality of (virtual-)life. No worries about things you need to farm and no need to worry about future cash shop things. You know, if you gear up and follow strategies you can kill any raid boss and you do not need to increase your strength with additional things like runes, earringslot, potions etc. and thats a wonderful feeling :love: Even the new artifacts are more expensive as you get 3 Months playtime for 1 Month of artifacts. (Ofc someday you don't need to buy it anymore and someday will equals the costs from playtime and artifacts, but there are not just this costs).

Well "quality of (virtual-)life" is also a preference aswell...

Quoted

for me there is nothing like rushing throught the allod on the (order bonus) 30% more dmg / "100-more-determination-day" while skipping all adds and going to the 4 bosses directly, ignoring the adds completely just letting them down in the aoe without any attention :love::love::love:
its like 5 minutes for a complete allod if im alone with the mercs or some good players :love:

On a sector 2 allod? If this is true, have fun, but I wouldn't be happy at all. I would be so bored cause there is no real pve competition anymore. However this is just a preference.

Quoted

no matter what our prefernces are,
we all do a good job providing all the infos here so the reader can get a good picture of the whole :)

In the end everyone needs to decide for himself. That normally includes testing, too. Because everyone will "protect" his server he is playing on, cause he is playing there for his own reasons.
If you are going to test on p2p ask some players from "Immortal Kings" from Empire. Or "Pfannkuchen" or "Resurrection" from League side. Which ever side you choose (better choose empire :P) any of the mentioned guilds will assist you at leveling and going to the raid instance for the bags and mounts :)
BAUA POWA!