You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, April 12th 2017, 12:32pm

Game won't launch - says error code 1.2 in the dialog box.

Hi all.

I'm having a lot of frustration this morning because Allods Online is simply refusing to run. The dialog box after the run attempt says Error Code 1.2. It ran fine without problems earlier (although I was getting disconnected/kicked from the game multiple times during the night). Can anyone help me? I have a really really fast internet connection, so the internet shouldn't be the problem should it?

Jared

Wednesday, April 12th 2017, 1:37pm

Hello,

Did you try this
https://allods.my.com/forum/index.php?pa…&threadID=14721

or this
https://allods.my.com/forum/index.php?pa…&threadID=10321

Did you restart your computer since tonight?
Allods Online Discord
Check out the community chat
Choose EU in #language chan
----
Rejoignez la communauté sur le serveur Discord Allods Online
Clic sur le drapeau EU dans le canal #language

Wednesday, April 12th 2017, 11:28pm

Ah, running the regular allods online launcher says windows firewall is blocking allods online. I'm not sure how to unblock it. Can you help with that?

Also, running the regular allods online launcher works fine :) So I will launch the game via that launcher from now on :)

Thursday, April 13th 2017, 2:28pm

Hello,

If you run the launcher in administrator mode, Windows should tell you that this program is blocked, and ask you if you want to unblock it. You can click the "Yes" button.

If you want to manually add a program to the windows firewall settings, you have to go there:
- Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet, and then click Windows Firewall and Allow a program through Windows Firewall.
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/libr…2(v=ws.10).aspx
Allods Online Discord
Check out the community chat
Choose EU in #language chan
----
Rejoignez la communauté sur le serveur Discord Allods Online
Clic sur le drapeau EU dans le canal #language

Friday, April 14th 2017, 12:09am

Ah, running the regular allods online launcher says windows firewall is blocking allods online. I'm not sure how to unblock it. Can you help with that?

Also, running the regular allods online launcher works fine :) So I will launch the game via that launcher from now on :)

1st off im glad it works now
2nd, just for the sake of completion:

the default warning allods gives is meant to allow INCOMING connections for the launcher; it can be confusing to those who are not into "network/firewall things"
there is NO usage for incoming connections for a player at all, the game does not need any server-permissions to work or update!
(the idea behind this is to balance he load while patches so the players upload for other players, "sharing", bittorrent - but as there is no simple way to disable this many players feel pushed and thus disable this behavior via firewall)

if you permanenty deny server-permissions for allods it will still work without any disadvantages for you!!

so unless you have set your firewall to whitelist-mode (block outgoing connections on default) or use any kind of IPS or external industrial firewall system, there is never any need to grant any permissions for the game/launcher :)

Rate this thread