You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, April 25th 2017, 11:33am

Is this game fun?

Thinking of sinking sometime into a mmorpg, but don't want to support p2w games...

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Gladia" (Apr 28th 2017, 2:33am) with the following reason: title

Tuesday, April 25th 2017, 12:36pm

There is a Free To Play server in which you can increase your power by paying and a subscription server in which you can't do that but you have to pay the entrance 10 euro a month or 21 euro for 3 months.

Tuesday, April 25th 2017, 2:13pm

RE: Is this game still unplayable, and pay2win?

Thinking of sinking sometime into a mmorpg, but don't want to support p2w games...

not it is not, death penalty has been removed (cursed items)
dmg bonus from incense is permanent to everyone with and without incese
there is a free 4 hour incense + 2 potions every day
there is a short (automove) quest that provides 24h incense + 10 units mountfood
.... and most important
ther is an exchange-NPC so you can get crystals with gold from ingame and can gain everything just by playing the game without every donating at all

its like this since over ~5 years now

if you dont like the idea of the itemshop boosting players in general you can even play on subscription-server which offers no options at all to get things faster by donatons

Wednesday, April 26th 2017, 1:54am

GuessItsAmber

Intermediate

ther is an exchange-NPC so you can get crystals with gold from ingame and can gain everything just by playing the game without every donating at all
What he didnt tell you is...
6505 Gold 65 silver and 96 copper PER crystal.
and the price will only seem to go up every strongbox sale

Wednesday, April 26th 2017, 2:20pm

What do you mean by p2w? If you mean : Paying certain ammount of real-life cash to gain serious advantage above non-paying users then yes, game is p2w. Rune system, 5th level of patronage and various bonuses from so called "Strongboxes" make this game a good example of p2w game, however all of those things are missing on p2p server, which I recommend for you if want to really taste the game, be warned - population of p2p server is utterly low. Some people may try to tell you lies about this game "not really beeing p2w", but don't believe them, Yes, you can buy item-shop currency for in-game gold, and it used to be a revelant thing, so if you played and farmed gold from various bgs or alchemy you could afford bying cash-shop items for in-game currency, but even if you farmed really hard you couldn't afford runes lvl 13 (which give you 130% damage bonus btw) beacuse their cost is huge(>thousants of euros), but now with constant rat race and gold farmers, one boutique crystals costs 6500 gold and by farming in-game gold you can buy almost nothing, unless you farm 24h a day 7 days a week on your main and 12 reincas.
Sheller - Empire - Smuggler's Paradise
Shellerowski - Empire - New Frontier

Wednesday, April 26th 2017, 2:23pm

Shame I'm really liking cloud pirates thought I'd see what else this company is publishing, hopefully cloud pirates doesn't become p2w as well... welp cheers thanks for the info, hopefully these companies will learn one day

Wednesday, April 26th 2017, 4:32pm

Wednesday, April 26th 2017, 4:57pm

@Nandita exactly.

Wednesday, April 26th 2017, 5:56pm

so you can win by paying? please tell me how :D
calling someone "retarded" wont make true things wrong... but its always like this; when running out of arguments, get personal
this will discredit yourself

in allods, the closest thing to regular term of "winning" is being able to win battles vs other players

but only having "full cs" wont make this possible at all
however active players that do not donate but gear up to max level, beeing in a guild with PVP rubies WILL

pay to win also implies there are things on sale a non-paying player cant get at all while they will make him win
(look at games with premium currency which cant be obtained by non-paying players)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Apr 26th 2017, 6:35pm)

Wednesday, April 26th 2017, 7:54pm

I've been around this game for a while now. I don't post on the forums very often but I do read them everyday. This is one of many many forum topics that have been repeated over and over. People complain about the so called P2W and bash the game and in the same breath complain about server population. Well, the population isn't going to get any better if you keep swaying new comers from playing the game, it's that simple. Allods is a great game to me or I wouldn't play it. I've been playing since closed beta which equates to close to 7 years now off and on. So that's 7 years of accumulating stuff within the game. If you expect to just hop into a game and catch up with someone that's been playing for years, it's simply not going to happen. I don't know of any MMO (P2P OR F2P) where you can do that, and if there is one I don't want to play it. To answer your question, yes, it is worth playing, the leveling is much much easier than it use to be and you can level to max in a week or even less with little effort. Don't, however expect to come in and play on the same level as people that have been playing for years. If that were the case the ones that have put the time in wouldn't be playing either. Also, for the veterans that post all the time on the forums, stop bashing the game and encourage people not discourage them. I know an old warrior (Rezardi) with mid level runes and very little cash shop that never had a problem in any area of the game. So stop making excuses....please.

TLDR: This is a great game and more people need to play. It's easier than before but you still need to use your head a little to figure out how to play.

Wednesday, April 26th 2017, 8:06pm

very true shhrek if theres no challenge no point in playing

Wednesday, April 26th 2017, 8:22pm

@ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER as I said my definiton of p2w is : "gaining significant advantage over non-paying players". In theese terms allods fits as a whole. Please tell me how a player without item-shop advantages is able to kill a paying player with high lvl runes, 5th level of patronage, carnifex, extra stats, extra rubies, extra talents, I see your point, that you only get some things faster via boutiqe. That is not a valid argument, via item-shop you get items ONLY avilable in item-shop, please don't tell me there are some hidden quests that grant you runes/holy symbols etc as a reward. (I'm not talking about daily gifts, they are random and you are not likely to get a good thing out of it, luck determined rewards arent that great, besides you get only one reward and it can be as good as speed potion from alchemy). Boutique destroyes this game. Good player with runes 13 will always outperform good player with runes 5, good player with 5th patronage will always kill a good player without it, it's why theese things were made for.

@Shhrek, unlike you I don't like to decieve people into thinking that game isn't p2w beacuse it clearly is, thus I always recommend p2p server as a viable option, again always telling them how low popluation is, beacuse it's just not my thing lying to people. And don't worry about population drops, this game contains of mostly veteran players that invested too much money and time to just stop playing, but at the same time don't expect much of new players coming here after realizing how much of an advantage paid items give.
"If you expect to just hop into a game and catch up with someone that's been playing for years, it's simply not going to happen." Here is your big mistake, someone just donates enough money and gets everything you've farmed in theese 7 years just with few clicks, be it runes, patronage or strongboxes (ok, he will have to wait some time to get every bonus from strongboxes beacuse sales are cycling, but it will take <1year)

This post has been edited 5 times, last edit by "Shellerowski" (Apr 26th 2017, 8:49pm)

Wednesday, April 26th 2017, 8:49pm

Pretty much the same

We all know that this game is P2W, and I know that people complain from the high rate of currency exchange, but and we also know that its hard to compete with someone with very high runes (unless you do a lot of CC and he will not be able to do anything) same goes for the strongbox boosts, But to be fair its kinda good for non-top-uppers as you see the Russians are doing some tweaks to help non-top-uppers survive even with 1h log per day, for example the daily quest, also the free mission from the prophetic cards, the order buff that gives extra gain on BG symbols etc ... Complaining about the CU-EX won't solve a thing, each patch we get more gold gain, so the CU-EX will rise.

So in short you will be able to play the game and develop step by step even if you spend short time while playing, but you cannot compare yourself to high runed people as 1V1 PVP or DPS but in total BG gets you kinda balanced and when you hit the average player mark you will find some decent guild with strong players so you will get good gaming experience in total but still with gaps :), either time or money this is the real Allods to you mate.
Titanium
Scout/League/F2P

Bring It On! Cuz I'm Just Gonna Grow Up In The Battle HEY !!

Timed Artifacts: The hidden value
Blanks In Chat?

Wednesday, April 26th 2017, 9:23pm

Wednesday, April 26th 2017, 9:27pm

Shhrek, the OP is not a newcomer that's asking about the game. He's just another fecking troll or some mentally handicapped person who's thinking it makes more sense to ask about the f2p game on the forum instead of giving it an actual try. I personally don't think the community would benefit from humanoids like the OP in any way.

Wednesday, April 26th 2017, 11:04pm

This thread is filth! Let's clean it up!

This post has been brought to you by Doge Soap™

over 9000 hours in MSPAINT

Wednesday, April 26th 2017, 11:54pm

@Shhrek
its good to see there are ppl who understand how things work in progressive games :)

@Shellerowski

according to your logic every progressive game is pay to win then

why? because you can buy acounts with much progress, even if the game itself has no itemshop
in this case 3rd parties gain the cash

those who are willing to put $ in order to gain advantages usually do not care whether they pay the company who runs the game, the goldseller, the accountseller or the cheattool-provider!

in our case, allods offers the option to take a shortcut with $ itself, this benefits ALL players as it secures the future of the game

it seems more that some ppl just dislike the style of progressive games in general, where veterans will have (large) advantages over rookies
if allods had NO option to donate, what would you complain about then? farmers? goldsellers? hardcorefarmers?
there are players with full 11 that never donated...

in this case you might feel happier with statless games like counterstrike or soccer, these have no progress at all
but... oh wait.... these can be REALLY pay to win...
why? when you pay a cheattool provider to build a cheattool for you ("private hack") you will have a hardcore advantage when using esp nospread and all these wonderful features...

allods however has all relevant things serversided... no "cheats" possible
esp is public available with addons...
think about these things...

Wednesday, April 26th 2017, 11:57pm

lol Im not a troll was curious because I liked cloud pirates and noticed these games are under the same company. What do i have to lose by dropping i and seeing how the community feels before i invest the computer space, and time on this game.

Thursday, April 27th 2017, 12:01am

lol Im not a troll was curious because I liked cloud pirates and noticed these games are under the same company. What do i have to lose by dropping i and seeing how the community feels before i invest the computer space, and time on this game.

players of games often have mixed feelings about them
its a good idea to gain data by asking on the forum, but it is superior to gain data by trying the game yourself and reaching a verdict

so much to read

wall of text blasted your mind? :P

Thursday, April 27th 2017, 9:54am

Aionwen

Professional

this game is playable, they made some really nice improvements to ease up rushing trought levelphase and reach endcontent, then the pain begins.

"testing" allods is not the proper way to value it, its one of the major problems and one big reason why population is low, p2w is an other.

if u really want to sink in a game then allods fits ur needs coz without a lots of money u will never come to an end.
if u wont support a p2w-game then dont give it a try.

ps: PLS more comics from Nandita, but do not change the subject
PLS make Tekians playable race. fix shipcanons!