You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, April 27th 2017, 1:57pm

rozetri

Intermediate

Shhrek, I'm really not sure bringing up Rezardi makes for a good point in this particular instance. Rez hated the P2W aspect of the game in spite of his talent with his class. He also quit a LONG time ago when it was a VERY different game than it is today, he would likely despise what the game has become now. Not just because of P2W, but that is definitely part of it.

Now to speak as to whether the game is actually P2W or not... yeah. It is. The claims that the game is only "pay to boost" are technically valid, but the time period over which one has to work to achieve the same level of cash shop as someone that pays is so long as to render it impractical at best. Lots of mobile games let you earn cash shop credits via normal activities, but we still call THOSE game P2W when you can buy your way into extra power. It's the same principle here. The fragile artefacts DO help lessen some of that, in that the direct expense to you is lowered from what it was, but that's still money (or time) paid into the system.

It's really up to the individual player as to whether the cost in either money or time exceeds their level of tolerance.
IGN: Rozetri
Class: Xadaganian Great Avenger - Lv.75
Guild: Ascendancy (Valiance)
Server: New Frontier (Tensess)
Ship: IndigoSky

Thursday, April 27th 2017, 2:04pm

@ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER
No, I do not consider every game p2w. Buying in-game accounts is legally forbidden in most respectable games (are there any MMOS out there that don't punish buying accounts?), and you are likely to lost bought account by having it banned, so let's not get into forbidden stuff.
Good examples of in-game progress avilable for veterans were : Greatness title, private allod and private astral ship, these things are no longer relevant as "veteran" only reward beacuse getting them is easier than even, instead of those things beeing reserved for veterans, everyone can noew get them in a matter of days. Why did developers of game made things reserved for dedicated players to easily avilable for so called rookies then? Will you please explain? And don't even get into things like "high runes are reserved only for veterans" beacuse some new player with enough money and love for the game can just buy all the things in a matter of few clicks.

"there are players with full 11 that never donated..." sorry, theese are just words, not an actual proof, I don't believe that. I've seen guy with runes lvl 13 saying that he farmed them, sorry, but I refuse to believe that. :)

"if allods had NO option to donate, what would you complain about then? farmers? goldsellers? hardcorefarmers?" Yes, if they existed, in exeption of hardcorefarmers (I assume that they won't sell this gold for real-life cash to the others, like goldsellers do?), I would do everything I could do to catch's gamemaster's attention so they would do something about them.

@rozetri
I fully agree with your statement.
Sheller - Empire - Smuggler's Paradise
Shellerowski - Empire - New Frontier

Thursday, April 27th 2017, 6:13pm

Buying in-game accounts is legally forbidden in most respectable games

legally forbidden? no, not at all
only agains the tos

you are likely to lost bought account by having it banned

no, what is likely is that you get scammed, but there are ppl which are OK with trying that

Good examples of in-game progress avilable for veterans were : Greatness title, private allod and private astral ship

these things are irrelevant for battles; only greatness gives a very very servy slight buff due to 1 more ruby

And don't even get into things like "high runes are reserved only for veterans" beacuse some new player with enough money and love for the game can just buy all the things in a matter of few clicks.

not only high runes, high-raked items of every kind are for the veterans
a rookie will lack knowledge on how to use all things properly together

and making time up with money is possible in every progressive game

@Rozeri

It's really up to the individual player as to whether the cost in either money or time exceeds their level of tolerance.

this for sure, allods is not one of the games where you come and if you are skilled you will be with the top players in no time
but exactly that is what making it interesting to many players
i enjoy the idea of beeing superior as a veteran

if someone is not OK with the amount of progress needed to be on the top of PVP he might be happier concentrating on other aspects of the game

Thursday, April 27th 2017, 6:32pm

legally forbidden? no, not at all
only agains the tos

That's what I meant, by buying account you put yourself on a list of people to recieve ban.

no, what is likely is that you get scammed, but there are ppl which are OK with trying that

How do you know, what is more likely? Have you ever tried buying an account?

these things are irrelevant for battles; only greatness gives a very very servy slight buff due to 1 more ruby

Yep, you are right, only relevant things in PvP are obtainable in item-shop once again proving the p2w character of the game.

not only high runes, high-raked items of every kind are for the veterans
a rookie will lack knowledge on how to use all things properly together

and making time up with money is possible in every progressive game

Woow, it's hard beeing a new player, ain't it? Asking your guildmates/other players what runes are and how to make them? Such a complex knowledge, it must be realy hard and time consuming to obtain, right? (It's sarcasm, figuring out how botique works - runes strongboxes sales etc. takes 10 minutes of talk with other players)
Fortunetly gear is not yet obtainable via botique, but I tought we were talking about item-shop and it's influence on game, not the gear itself? Ofcourse it takes time to make equipment, but wait - item-shop should be just a boost as you say, just a little help if you have more money than time, riight?? And it is, you have fabled tools that give you more metal so you can upgrade your gear faster, it's so briliant, too bad that there are also so called "runes" in item-shop that make your character unbelieveably stronger to comparison to someone that doesn't have them, woow it sucks to be non-paying user, not only you have to spend more time to get gold to make your own tools or get your equipment slower than paid user, not only that, the paid user has 130% damage from runes bonus and 50% damage bonus from patronage, more talents, rubies, stats etc, woow he really PAID TO WIN, to be BETTER than not paying user.

At the end I'd like to add that I am not trying to insult donating players, it's ok, game allows everyone to do so, I myself have also donated few times. I understand that some players like to have advantage by paying and I am ok with it since I am still playing the game. But just please do not try to imply that game is not p2w. Thank you.
Sheller - Empire - Smuggler's Paradise
Shellerowski - Empire - New Frontier

Thursday, April 27th 2017, 7:24pm

put yourself on a list of people to recieve ban

how to know an account was sold? exactly, its impossible
so unless someone documents his sale with images and someone from staff is luring him into a trap... no... only "danger" is to get scammed

How do you know, what is more likely? Have you ever tried buying an account?

no but i know ppl which made good money with scamming ppl who tried to buy accounts of onlinegames (not allods, another game)
they used this money to buy things for their own account then :P (and it was a real "pay to win" game where non-paying players could simply not buy certain improvements at all)

only relevant things in PvP are obtainable in item-shop

there is more in shop, costumes and many other things are not relevant for pvp at all
on the other side you can trade costumeboxes for gold and with the gold buy items from auction

runes strongboxes sales etc. takes 10 minutes of talk with other players

figuring out how to efficiently play a class takes FAR longer
figuring out how ALL the classes skills correlate will take even longer
this knowledge is very effective in PVP

fabled tools that give you more metal

doesnt really matter
i only used the cheap green hammers with easy sector materials and only did 2 raids; my gs is ~90.000; i still do well
its a VERY small buff, the price makes it questionable, i decided i rather will afford something else for the BC

...but if we are at it... what about dominion tools? there are guilds which do not participate / win in dominion
what about hard sectors not possible for singleplayers since mercenaries are too weak?
there are many things
its not only $ which makes a difference, there is more

50% damage bonus from patronage, more talents, rubies, stats etc, woow he really PAID TO WIN, to be BETTER than not paying user.

why paid? maybe he farmed...? i farmed every relevant item along with level 9 runes for example
he did not pay to win, he paid to et the things FASTER
i never had trouble in PVP as a non-donator, but it was interesting to see i got all the things my fellow players paid for too, for free. just with some patience!

I understand that some players like to have advantage by paying

or farming
so lets cut his to "understand that some players like to have advantage"
exactly. thats why they play a progressive game and not a stateless one 8o

when you face an opponent with "full cs" does it matter whether he farmed 6 years ingame for it or he farmed 2 months in RL? not really, the result is the same, if face an superior enemy
again, this is something to expect in a stateful (progressive) game

But just please do not try to imply that game is not p2w. Thank you.

i cant follow your request as pay to win means things unavailable without donation for me
in allods everything is possibly available without donation - of course this takes time. allod is not a good game for the impatient :rolleyes:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Apr 27th 2017, 7:38pm)

Thursday, April 27th 2017, 9:55pm

In response to yet another pointless p2w tail-chasing thread going around, let's ask instead if this game is fun and worth your time. If all you care about is rushing to endgame and being competitive in pvp, then no, probably not unless you have a sizable bank account. Recent changes have made pvp much less interesting and the pointless cycle of endgame gearing is boring. If you're looking for a game that is beautiful, has a ton of content and lore, interesting classes and wonderfully immersive mechanics, then ALLODS is definitely worth your time. A small contribution to the cash shop will get you the few convenience items you need and you can play through virtually all of the content without pvp. Let's celebrate some of the things that have kept players here for years and hopefully attract some new friends to join us.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Gladia" (Apr 28th 2017, 2:54am) with the following reason: merge to the existing topic

Thursday, May 11th 2017, 4:19pm

In response to yet another pointless p2w tail-chasing thread going around, let's ask instead if this game is fun and worth your time.
Indeed.
Is this game fun? I say heck-yes. Class building seems far simplified from when max level was 45, so it's a bit less cool than when I first played, but man I get a kick out of this game.
I hate cash shop games, except the aspect that allows the game's existence :love: But it could be worse. This game is still playable. I stopped playing SWTOR b/c I had to play without a bank and with a small inventory. LOTRO has a lot of content locked away from me, unless I grind my face off I guess. Allods, however, simply rewards power to a payer while offering all else to you.

Games are for fun and MMOs offer a fantastical purpose to pursue. You can enjoyably sink hours and hours into sweet gameplay. Graphics requirements are low while maintaining a crisp image and everything is gorgeous.

Basically, if you enjoy the world of Sarnaut you will enjoy this game.

To anyone starting a new account: Be the race of Priden ... level 27 in something like 5 hours (btw, wtf?).