You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, June 26th 2017, 3:31pm

Returning player, how's the community?

Hello and greetings!

So, I haven't really played in a while. I believe since 2014-ish. So I'd like to know what I should expect. I mainly want to get a feel for the game as a whole (Don't tell me any specifics like mechanics because I've already looked into all of that, just let me know if you are pleased with the current state of the game and the direction it is going.) and see what the community is like now.

On another note, I doubt anyone remembers me. I think the most memorable thing I ever did was in 2012, when I made a fake orc adult magazine cover in March and posted it on the forums. Still excited to finally join the community again.

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "TimmyTheNerd" (Jun 26th 2017, 5:01pm) with the following reason: Edited to make things more clear with what I am looking for. Hope this helps. Also edited title.

Monday, June 26th 2017, 3:39pm

That's so cool to have the same topic on every page of the forum.

Really helps community to keep information organized and easy to find.

Keeps community motivated to answer these questions, because hey, they've answered 3 times this month already, why not answer one more time?

The only problem is that the first page already has that kind of topic, so you probably should wait ~1 month till it gets to the second page and then start a new thread.

Monday, June 26th 2017, 3:44pm

Oh, so other people post asking specifically about changes from June 2014 until now? Wow. I didn't know that. Thank you for being so helpful.

Seriously, what the hell happened to the community since I last played? Was not expecting that type of reply.

EDIT:
I was being salty and for that I apologize.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "TimmyTheNerd" (Jun 26th 2017, 4:59pm) with the following reason: Used strike through. Not going to hide me being salty because I'm not the type to hide my flaws and mistakes.

Monday, June 26th 2017, 3:59pm

freestile

Professional

thing is there are a lot of already existing topic very similars to yours on the forum currently and even myself who like to help out newcomer/returning players have to admit that answering always the same type of questions every single day for weeks is pretty annoying..

I can definitely understand it sounds not very welcoming but if everyone new or returning would take a few minutes to check out the others threads before to create their own (with more specific questions than "hey what's up since Xyears"), you'd get much highter chances to get constructives answers

thx ;)

Monday, June 26th 2017, 4:13pm

I am aware how of the search function works and did search for returning player topics. When I searched, I found three pages of threads. Of those threads, I found five from this year. All of them, except for one, was asking about specific changes, which is not the info I was looking for. The one that was somewhat helpful is three months old and it was only somewhat helpful.

I'm not looking for game stats or changes to class (first thing I did was look into how the Orc classes are now with their racials and such). I want a general feel of how the game is now and the first reply to my question was basically someone telling me 'Yeah, the community use to be helpful before but not anymore, good luck getting someone to answer you seriously butt bunch'. Then the second reply is you saying this happens every single day of the week when I only found 5 threads from this year when I did my search. So the vibe I'm getting is 'We CAN help you, but we don't WANT to help you'.

I'm not asking for what the best DPS is or what class/race combo is currently best for PVP, don't really care for PVP in MMOs so I would never ask that anyway. I just wanted to get a general feel for things. What I'm asking is not complex guys and gals.

EDIT:
I'm going to edit my OP to give everyone a better feeling for what I'm asking, because I realized that my OP doesn't clearly get across what I am asking.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "TimmyTheNerd" (Jun 26th 2017, 4:58pm) with the following reason: Not going to hide me being salty because when I act like a fool, I'm not the type to hide it. Just used strike through.

Monday, June 26th 2017, 7:38pm

Gwiniel

Intermediate

Personally I haven't liked how the game has evolved and thus have hardly played since patch 8.0. It's a combo of lots of things in the game but the worst is gearing system.. ever since they invented that annoying Anvil where you have to combine astral dropped gearing items with multiple expensive or hard to get stuffs like hammers etc. Other reason are ie: class changes to worse, laggy server to me at least and it's not my computer or connection, emphasized "must" for pvp activity (or you won't keep up with the rest), more expensive item shop: specially with strongboxes 'cause the drop rate of valuable items is lower while the price of the box is higher, also compasses to open prophetic cards are more expensive and then there are those temporal items which last x days before expiring.

The game remains fun and enjoyable while you level, explore and read the story but I don't like the end game at all. The community is mostly neutral... well there are annoying players but you can/will find good people too and perhaps, if lucky, find life-long friendships. There are those who love helping out and those who will leech anything they can from you.

But that's just my opinion..
New to Allods? Need few tips'n'tricks? Check ALLODS ONLINE SANCTUARY

Important guide for new players: Patronage: requirements and benefits

Monday, June 26th 2017, 9:37pm

community is similar to every community in internetgames...
there are enthusiasts, lurkers, writers, trolls and casualplayers; veterans and rookies
many veterans are willing to give rookies a hand (to a certain degree, no spoonfeeding)
this forum has ineresting writers and topics, its a good place to read and write about this game

i dont like how classmechanics have been totally changed since 7.0 and i strongly dislike the geareset that happens every few months
the worst ting about the game however is the global cooldown which makes the game feel very unresponsive and like you are lagging all the time
non-permanent items are also highly unattractive, but most of them are not worth getting anway so its not such a big topic

aside from these things game is still pretty good, its still worth playing and pleasent as all the details and most things show that this has been made with love

on the oftopica-area there are some interesting pieces of art, since you told us you made a cover of an orc magazine (you still have that? can you like / upload it?) i think this could be interesting to you :)

Tuesday, June 27th 2017, 10:04am

Yeah, I still have it. Here it is.

Spoiler Spoiler

Tuesday, June 27th 2017, 11:37am

freestile

Professional

i dont like how classmechanics have been totally changed since 7.0 and i strongly dislike the geareset that happens every few months
the worst ting about the game however is the global cooldown which makes the game feel very unresponsive and like you are lagging all the time
non-permanent items are also highly unattractive, but most of them are not worth getting anway so its not such a big topic

1000% agree with that, i really feel like the majority of the community feels like that but devs just don't give a fuck as ususla :(

the top 3 things to change to make this game 1000x more enjoyable :

-remove this horrible 2sec GCD
-go back to the pre 7.0 gearing system (with draconic gear, less seasonal gear reset and more difficulty and buffs in astral...)
-remove all the class change items and make reincarnations share gear so everyone can play every class (so about 20-30+ different possibles gameplays) at a competitive lvl and therefore never get bored (we shouldn't have to pay a super expensive AND temporary item to enjoy that, there are already wayyyy enought other sales for devs to make money, let's boycott this one!)

Tuesday, June 27th 2017, 12:28pm

and the option to share gear should come as a present for something unlocked in gameplay
like make 12 reincarnations at level 75, beat tkarik 100times with all of them, whatever

Wednesday, June 28th 2017, 8:51am

Quinz

Intermediate

And don't forget about Astral Ship. Bring that back to life. Make it so that the most difficult allods/raids only can be reached by ship or something. Astral Ships are what made this game especially unique. Putting away the Astral Ships in the shadow like this was such a stupid thing to do.

Answer to OP:
I haven't played Allods for a while now, but I've been coming back to the game for a couple of months every now and then. My experience has been worse by every time. You get the feeling every time that they just added more and more shiet to the game, especially in the cash shop. I don't have a problem with spending some cash on a game that I really enjoy playing, but with Allods it's different, because I get the feeling they think so much about the money and so little about what the majority of the community actually wants. That's what they have proven so far anyway. That's not a developer/publisher I want to give my money to.
“If you want to conquer fear, don't sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.”
-Dale Carnegie

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”
-Bernard M. Baruch

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Quinz" (Jun 28th 2017, 9:19am)

Wednesday, June 28th 2017, 11:52am

honestly, as a 5 year veteran, i dont miss the astralship at all
but i think there have been added many astralshipactivities for those who like it like the thing with the ghostship and so on
are there players doing that? for enthusiaasts, maybe this new game all about astralships may be relevant too, dont know i never tested it

the CTRL+M thing for allods was one of the best things ever along with free mercenaries
just need that for hard sector adjusted now and all is good

Thursday, June 29th 2017, 8:33am

Game sux tbh. I got back few months ago spent $300, insta regret. I also quit the game again btw.

Thursday, June 29th 2017, 11:01am

Got back ~year ago, spent ~$5k, no regrets, but feeling a little bit bored as of now. Could be the game, could be summer :)

Thursday, June 29th 2017, 3:03pm

Hello and greetings!

So, I haven't really played in a while. I believe since 2014-ish. So I'd like to know what I should expect. I mainly want to get a feel for the game as a whole (Don't tell me any specifics like mechanics because I've already looked into all of that, just let me know if you are pleased with the current state of the game and the direction it is going.) and see what the community is like now.

On another note, I doubt anyone remembers me. I think the most memorable thing I ever did was in 2012, when I made a fake orc adult magazine cover in March and posted it on the forums. Still excited to finally join the community again.
Since you left 3 years ago the game has been made increasingly easy : leveling is faster and much easier now (most group quests are soloable), you get mercs for instances and easy astral layers (which means you can do them solo), and even what they call "hard" astral are just a joke compared to what it was before with fabled 51/52.
Also they killed most of the astral ship fun with instant teleport, even if they added more astral pvp options.

They completely changed raids purpose : before you geared to beat the raid, now it's part of the gearing process. This also means much easier raids than before.
Pvp comes in more varieties now, there are 3v3 and 6v6 arenas with rewards & titles of course, as well as different dominion rules & maps than before, so this part improved. Be prepare to spend a hefty amount of cash or time to catch up your 3 years gap, but I understood you're not much into pvp anyway.

Basically, the game is totally noob friendly now. PVE is boring as hell in astral ("hard" sectors you rush in 15 min with tank, support & dps, no healers needed), raids are not much of a challenge, gearing is easy and painless especially if you CS. There is no sense of achievenement in anything anymore whatsoever, everyday is the same repetitive routine to burn keys/get a bit of gold & ama in pvp/upgrade/log off.

Welcome to Hello Kitty online.

Thursday, June 29th 2017, 5:42pm

freestile

Professional

Since you left 3 years ago the game has been made increasingly easy : leveling is faster and much easier now (most group quests are soloable), you get mercs for instances and easy astral layers (which means you can do them solo), and even what they call "hard" astral are just a joke compared to what it was before with fabled 51/52.
Also they killed most of the astral ship fun with instant teleport, even if they added more astral pvp options.

They completely changed raids purpose : before you geared to beat the raid, now it's part of the gearing process. This also means much easier raids than before.
Pvp comes in more varieties now, there are 3v3 and 6v6 arenas with rewards & titles of course, as well as different dominion rules & maps than before, so this part improved. Be prepare to spend a hefty amount of cash or time to catch up your 3 years gap, but I understood you're not much into pvp anyway.

Basically, the game is totally noob friendly now. PVE is boring as hell in astral ("hard" sectors you rush in 15 min with tank, support & dps, no healers needed), raids are not much of a challenge, gearing is easy and painless especially if you CS. There is no sense of achievenement in anything anymore whatsoever, everyday is the same repetitive routine to burn keys/get a bit of gold & ama in pvp/upgrade/log off.

Welcome to Hello Kitty online.

totaly agree, so sad to see how they've remove every single challenging thing in this game. An mmo is satisfying because you can achieve harder and harder things, now everything is super easily achievable with no time nore effort... what's he point of making the game overly noob friendly if you don't advertize it?? now the community isn't bigger at all (certainly even much lower) and the game sux as never before so the majority of the remaining players are pissed off... epic fail devs :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Friday, June 30th 2017, 5:03pm

My thoughts on this exact topic

so i recently created a video about this and i thought it would be useful to leave it here
The State of allods 2017