You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, June 20th 2017, 2:45am

New server And Old Server

Hello guys

my friend told me that the new server will integrate with the old server bcuzz that the players are not a lot
tell me plz if this is true or not :(
:whistling: :whistling:

Tuesday, June 20th 2017, 2:54am

your friend can't have true info about it :P

What we know :

Fact:

->Population of allods was start die with evry day (ppl was start boring and leving or another resons like to big cristals price)

Ask :

-> How Allods react to stop that ?

Move :

-> Thay was make new server

How ppl was react :

100iq ppl: "lol, wtf why thay was maid new server when new frontier server die with evry day"

160iq pll : great, thay was make new serv to promo game, to bring fresh peps who will be atracted about "bonus" whos will get and also old players will can back to game becose leveling will be x3 faster too see wut new happyn or do new maps, with some chance to stay in game for longer time

1. New Server have Lucy momants for over 40d (so have "start up" for new players)

So new/bacing players will think about :

a) start on new server and have BIG BOOST + some temporary items for free

b) start on old server but have more ppl "for now" and pop bg evry 2-3min but vs old and experience players with spend some monay on this game and have big advantage

What new players will chose:

a) Most ppl will chose A becose faster exp + big boost is better then start with notink + fight vs players with huge time advantage

b) ppl will chose b, becose more ppl play there and bg pop faster but in short time this move will be bad for them

most players whos was chose b will end game fast becose of "unfair"

Wut Allodns need to do ?

Make more ppl in A to this stip when thay will not want come to b, this will be best for them and thairs wallets

Fact :

So ppl will stop chose b, when thay will lose argument from b server

Ask :

-> How Allods react to stop that ?

Move :
-> thay make promo competition :

https://allods.my.com/en/news/events/mon…-video-creation

-> So thay are in Marketing step right now

How ppl was react :

100iq ppl: yey new chance to get more cistals, i will join and make vid becose geting chance 50 euro in cristals is interesing

160iq pll :nice move allods More vids = more chance to ppl will notice allods senpai = more ppl will come to check, also more chance to Allods movie was pop in "recomand list" when you will browing yt and etc media, be this step Allods was bought free ads for them
when more ppl will come, it's chace thay will make linke when players will not want chose b server

Predict : thay will wait now wut will hapyn, and then protably will make paids ads from monay thay will get from new ppl whos was come

Fact : Price of cristal is too higt

Ask : Wut Allods was id ith that ?

Move : Turn off cristal changer

Wut thay was get :

+ monay, becose new ppl need pay for fres start if thay want have more advantage

+ new ppl will can't make advantage too fast with changeing gold for cirsstals

+/- old players can use thayir cistals to play in new server, becose cristals ar shared, but thay have friends in old server so thay ill ot stannd for too long, but also posbile some was spend some monay to see new serv

- Some ppl will lave becose thay will think this game is p2w, becose no option to change cristals for gold (Some ppl will come when thay turn it on or waiting for this)

Predict :

a) when thay on cristal exchange thay will not longer shared with both servers

b) all will be same, so pll will change gold for cristals and price will come up becose this is new serv, and most ppl not have stuff yet

Wut Allods need to do :

Low price of cristals or make another inflation with reduct items price (so you will stil pay same $ but you will can buy more thinks) to atract more ppl to come (good chose)

Make alot of temporart discouts or events with -% price for new items like p5 (greedy chose, will make + but for short time)

100iq ppl : yey thay was reduct price of cristals now we can "play normaly"

160iq ppl : yey becose we have 160 iq we made monay ez whos we will spend to play with living server, not dead one when we need wait 5-15min for fk bg

in my speculations :

When thay finish marceting, or will not be able to recruit more ppl, thay will merg serv finishing with more ppl but this will not hapyn in next 1 yer, maybe after 9.0 will start we will see

or

Allods will make community in new server sucesful so notink will hapyn with new serv

Also if thay merg us with rus, most of us will have 13 runes becose of earning and cristals price difrent so this will not happyn :p

About 8.2 and 8.3 we know that path will not come with biggers changes, so i no get them for agrument, in best posible thay will make some new ppl but for short time, best way was when thay start marketing ith 9.0 but looking on danger to many pl will lave to this time, thay was needed start it now to keep server alive

Also thay was recrut some fresh mods with big potential, will see this will be + for us and still we have best one Lioo :p

This post has been edited 7 times, last edit by "Xrade19" (Jun 20th 2017, 4:35am)

Tuesday, June 20th 2017, 8:14am

Quinz

Intermediate

This is not official news, so I wonder where your friend got this information? From a trustful source? Probably not.

The server was just brought online. They have a ridiculous view on how to attract players if they think they can start a new server in a game which is pretty much already dead, and do no type of advertisement, and think that they would have a huge player base on the new server already.

However, considering the server has been up for a while now and we haven't seen any advertisement, no updates on future plans for the server, and no game breaking changes on the new server, I doubt it will be successful. So yeh, I'm sure they'll have no choice but to merge the server in the end anyway.
“If you want to conquer fear, don't sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.”
-Dale Carnegie

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”
-Bernard M. Baruch

Tuesday, June 20th 2017, 1:03pm

its a running gag by many players as its not likely this new server will ever get a proper population, so what is to expect is there will be a merge in the future
however this running gag is treated a bit serious too, since there has been so many merges in the past

the biggest weakness of the new server is there is no currencyexchange, because this makes it pay to win, only donators can achieve many things while farmers can never

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Jun 21st 2017, 2:28pm)

Thursday, June 22nd 2017, 11:37am

it's either "both servers are p2w" or " none of the servers are p2w", make up your mind...

Sunday, June 25th 2017, 1:18am

no its not
only one, the new one without exchange NPC (equilibrium), is pay to win

on the other server you can also farm your items not only buy them
but on equilibrium as a non-donator you cant get certain items AT ALL, no matter what you do ingame! thats making it pay to win
in other words: there is a paywall for items that will in total decide about winning a fight.. thus the name...

Sunday, June 25th 2017, 9:56am

I am not defending either of the servers and I think that not having an exchange npc in equilibrium is crappy, but by your logic:

It takes you 15 years of hard farming on New Frontier to get lvl 13 runes without paying => not pay2win for you

It takes you 20 years of hard farming on Equilibrium to get lvl 13 runes by buying crystal chips and boutique crystals from the Auction House => totally pay2win for you

Sunday, June 25th 2017, 7:31pm

I am not defending either of the servers and I think that not having an exchange npc in equilibrium is crappy, but by your logic:

It takes you 15 years of hard farming on New Frontier to get lvl 13 runes without paying => not pay2win for you

It takes you 20 years of hard farming on Equilibrium to get lvl 13 runes by buying crystal chips and boutique crystals from the Auction House => totally pay2win for you

15 years of farming? at what rate do you farm? 1 gold / minute?
level 13 runes are exceptional anyway and not a real comparison

i got to all relevant items and level 9 runes in less than 5 years, just by playing, without donations
if i had farmed more etc i could have got even more

while this time i learned about players which spent 100+ every month or even THOUSANDS and in the end had FAR less than me -> were inferior
so they played "pay to lose", they were outgunned by a passionated farmer :P

runes are highly overrated in thoughts of ppl

and buying on the unsure supply of auctions ONLY is nothing to let yourself into, if noone sells CC you cant build runes...
auctions are a wonderful ADDITON to the exchangeNPC, you can make so much profit and all
but WITHOUT exchangeNPC its not reasonable to target any serious playing

Sunday, June 25th 2017, 8:36pm

You totally missed the point but ok. I was just giving an example with the 15 years...
Ok, we'll take it step by step, like for kids , I'm just trying to point out your logic flaws. Ok, here we go:

- Your argument, whenever someone is saying that new frontier is pay2win is : nope, "EVENTUALLY" you'll obtain all the items for free if you farm enough, does it matter how much will it take? "NO" , ok, memorize the 2 answers written in capitals.

- Your argument, whenever someone is saying that equilibrium is pay2win is: yes it is, it takes "WAY TOO LONG" to farm the items, and the time "MATTERS" , ok baby, memorize the 2 answers written in capitals.

Hmm, curious, in the first case you say that time isn't an issue, in the second one you say that time is an issue. Could AOP be drunk? Hmmm

Now, let's see how much will it take for YOU , our 6 years old AOP to beat players that have lvl 13 runes.

You already have lvl 9 runes so you'll need around 4,500,000,000 gold to get the runes. If you farm around 1,000,000 gold every day you'll need like 4500 days. but AOP is still in kindergarten so he doesn't know how to divide. I'll do it for you, babe: 4500/365 = 12 years. 12+5 = 17 years(damn AOP, I thought you were a better farmer, 17 years? you farm 1 gold/minute? wtf)
Now this is stupid but I wrote it because you surpass it in stupidity

Sunday, June 25th 2017, 9:12pm

He is full 13 lol don't bother discussing the game is p2w and everyone knows it. Now it is even worse with the currency exchange 1bc = 5k+ gold

Sunday, June 25th 2017, 9:26pm

You totally missed the point but ok. I was just giving an example with the 15 years...
Ok, we'll take it step by step, like for kids , I'm just trying to point out your logic flaws. Ok, here we go:

- Your argument, whenever someone is saying that new frontier is pay2win is : nope, "EVENTUALLY" you'll obtain all the items for free if you farm enough, does it matter how much will it take? "NO" , ok, memorize the 2 answers written in capitals.

- Your argument, whenever someone is saying that equilibrium is pay2win is: yes it is, it takes "WAY TOO LONG" to farm the items, and the time "MATTERS" , ok baby, memorize the 2 answers written in capitals.

Hmm, curious, in the first case you say that time isn't an issue, in the second one you say that time is an issue. Could AOP be drunk? Hmmm

Now, let's see how much will it take for YOU , our 6 years old AOP to beat players that have lvl 13 runes.

You already have lvl 9 runes so you'll need around 4,500,000,000 gold to get the runes. If you farm around 1,000,000 gold every day you'll need like 4500 days. but AOP is still in kindergarten so he doesn't know how to divide. I'll do it for you, babe: 4500/365 = 12 years. 12+5 = 17 years(damn AOP, I thought you were a better farmer, 17 years? you farm 1 gold/minute? wtf)
Now this is stupid but I wrote it because you surpass it in stupidity

not beeing able to get something with your gold no matter how much you farm (so even if you make 90238492038492034802384 gold from auctions within a few months) erects a paywall, the game becomes pay to win

is this so hard to understand?

Sunday, June 25th 2017, 11:35pm

not beeing able to get something with your gold no matter how much you farm (so even if you make 90238492038492034802384 gold from auctions within a few months) erects a paywall, the game becomes pay to win

is this so hard to understand?
Seriously, there is no need in a discussion with you. You are so narrow minded about Allods being no P2W. Under every Post you we're telling people that it is only pay to progress faster. And every argument you have is that YOU farmed everything without paying. Yet it took YOU 5 Years to be competitive.

Is this so hard to understand?

Because 1 % of the Playerbase was able to farm all cs stuff like you did, you can't apply it to the other 99 % and call it what you want. Thats BS. Who wants to start a game to be competitive in 5 Years? The amount of time is disproportional to what you get.

And i'm saying this while i sometimes agree with you.
I'm always coming back to allods from time to time, i'm even like you and want to see how far i can come without paying real money. But that does not make it less p2w.

So you told everyone how this game is not p2w for years. And now there is a new server with a a currently disabled exchange npc and now you're posting everywhere how p2w that is. Are you nervous that you will not have enough new players to kill to show your dominance after 5 Years of farming ? Let the new players decide on what server they play, without your subjective point of view.

I'm currently playing on Equilibrium. And in terms of runes i'm way ahead after four weeks than on New Frontier in 9 months. Saying that people aren't able to buy cs items is just wrong. Of course it could be harder to obtain sometimes but there are items on the auction house for a 1/10 of the Price of New Frontier. And alot of people in the Guilds will help you with that. And Of course is the population just growing. But that's a point every new player has to decide on his own. It's the same with New Frontier and the subcription server.

You we're always defending Allods about people calling it p2w and now you're exactly the same. Just wait and see how things turn out. Right now it's allright on the new server and there is no need to trashtalk about it under every post that is somewhat related to Equilibrium. :thumbup:

Monday, June 26th 2017, 4:42pm

i did not need 5 years to become "comptitive", i never really cared for beeing "comptitive" and still do not care for it
i do only basic gearing and beeing in this state have no chance vs someone who gears properly
i just want to pay around in PVP and have fun (fun does not require winning all the time for me), i dont feel like putting a lot of effort into gear which gets reset all few months, i rather lose some fights

otherwise someone with basic items (lets say the pack for 1999BC) who gears properly will be able to be "comptitive" vs almost everyone considered he is willing to take the effort of gearing up to max

having that cleared up, it does not matter how many ppl do it the way i did it
it just counts its POSSIBLE
if you dont do it, its OK too, but if someone then complains about having not this and that he knows HE is at fault, because he COULD have farmed it
so the OPTION to everything is just limited by your gold/min rate

the story about "growing population" is told by players on subscriptionserver too and i lack the belief for these stories, i dont know whether its relevant or not on new server (from 10 to 11 players is growth too)
so lets pose a question, does PVP regularly pop on new server? in the end thats one of the most relevant questions for most....

my personal guess is they either leave the server without exchangeNPC as an experiment to gain a new playerbase (which likes the existence of a paywall) or if they add an exchangeNPC later they someday merge the servers again after some time
a 3rd opportunity would be that "global" BG / astral gets enabled so players can interact together in the relevant activities

ultimately, i dont "defend" or "trashtalk" anything, i state facts and i state my Point of view (POV) and i bring my verdicts about various topics; i share my thoughts and my ideas... thats what the forum is here for
you are free to ignore my posts / disagree with me

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Jun 26th 2017, 4:49pm)

Monday, June 26th 2017, 6:26pm

It's the most relevant question for most ... what ? Veterans ? Or new players that want to play the game for free ? I doubt the last one. Someone that wants to play a game mostly for pvp, as you also often stated, is better off with other games. In the case that he will not use real money.

Right now there is besides Junes and open world pvp no battleground poppin. But thats not only due to the population, because there are more than enough people to start skirmishes, but they are not queing. Which leades me to the upper question again. If the new players wants to pvp mostly, why are they not queing ?

And the comparison of the statement "population will be growing" from the subcription server. How many time in the last years did you hear from people playing in Equilibrium that the population will increase ? Correct. It's the first time now. So we will see how it goes. But right now i saw more new players in the starting area than on New Frontier.

I only know the basic russian, so im not sure about it but it seems that they have crossserver pvp right now. Guess thats the way it goes. I don't think they will do any experiments with this game anymore.

And for the forum and ignoring your post. Why should i? Isn't that also a reason why the forum is there. And i don't disagree with all of your posts.

Wednesday, June 28th 2017, 10:33am

Quinz

Intermediate

"In some multiplayer free-to-play games, players who are willing to pay for
special items or downloadable content may be able to gain a significant
advantage over those playing for free. Critics of such games call them
"pay-to-win" (p2w) games. A common suggestion for avoiding pay-to-win is
that payments should only be used to broaden the experience without
affecting gameplay."

"Pay To Win. When you are paying for advantage which normal players don't have
access to unless they either pay too or will have to grind very long
(weeks and months)."

- Urban Dictionar

The term 'p2w' might have slightly different meanings to different people, however, it really just comes down to this:

If everything that gives you a competitive advantage can be acquired through in-game content, everyone has an equal chance to acquire it. The only thing that can make a difference here is how fast you get the items, which is obviously determined by time spent playing. A hardcore player will most likely get the items faster than a casual player.

The same as described above can also be achieved by making the items available with in-game gold, either by making it available from an NPC or by making it possible to exchange gold for cash shop currency, like the case with Allods.
It's not as pleasing, as you would have to spend time farming gold in order to get the items, instead of being able to get the items through the fun end-game content like raiding, killing world bosses, PvP, guild wars etc. If any of these things don't generate a good gold income, you might have to skip this content in order to do some tedious and monotonous gold farming tasks. For a hardcore player, there might be time for all of this in one day, but rarely for a casual player.

Both the aforementioned options would give any player a chance to get the advantageous items, with Time being the only factor determining how long it will take for you to acquire it. Now here's the thing, if a casual player would be able to farm enough gold in a day to get all advantageous items in let's say 6 months of active playing, it might still be appealing to any type of player as it would be achievable within a reasonable time frame. However, if it takes 5, 3 or maybe even 1 year for an active player to achieve this, it's not as appealing anymore. Who wants to start playing a game, knowing that it will take 5 years to achieve what a paying player can achieve in a day?

This is exactly what's the problem with Allods. It's the reason why people call it 'p2w'. Time is a factor that may classify a game as 'p2w' or not 'p2w'. It's not as simple as saying "you can get the items in X amount of years without paying so it's not 'p2w'". It's a term that describes what's achievable within a reasonable time frame for a non-paying player compared to a paying player.

Just to throw an exaggerated example at you, let's say we have a game called "Random game Online". In this game it takes approx. 30 years for a non-paying player to acquire everything that gives you a competitive advantage in the game. However, you can also get every single item for a total cost of $500. 30% of the player population bought all these items for real money within a year.
So, 30% of the player population in "Random game Online" now has a huge advantage over everyone else, especially the non-paying players. But hey, it's not 'p2w', because the non-paying players can still get there in about 29 more years, right?. Maybe when they're 50 years old they can finally compete with the paying players.

Like I said this was an exaggerated example, but the point is that time will also determine if the game will be classified as 'p2w' or not. In this case, Allods is simply classified by the majority of people as 'p2w' because it's not possible to acquire all the advantageous items within a reasonable time frame.

Sorry for the long post, but seriously, all these arguments about whether the game is 'p2w' or not is starting to piss me off, and especially since some people in this forum just don't seem to be able to understand why people call this game 'p2w'. Well here you have it.
“If you want to conquer fear, don't sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.”
-Dale Carnegie

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”
-Bernard M. Baruch

Wednesday, June 28th 2017, 11:59am

yes ppl have different opinions on pay to win, like the one who wrote the entry you brought here

i do NOT share the opinion "when you can farm it its p2w"
why? because a good farmer will overreach a donator often.... its a curios situation when you write with players that tell you they have spent for example 1000$+ but they have less items than you

ultimately, in a progressive game its the players fault if he farms less than another player

when you can farm its no longer paying. so the p2w logic from your quote is entirely broken
(unless, of course, you consider the investition of time as as sort of payment, however we all pay then... so this thought is not relevant here although interesting since ofc its more efficient overall to farm 10.000 BC/hour in RL than farming 100 BC/hour in game - but we all know farmers do it for the lulz and not for REAL economic efficiency :P )

Wednesday, June 28th 2017, 1:08pm

Guys, come on. This game is NOT PAY2WIN, i repeat, NOTPAY2WIN

It HASN'T lost like 90% of its players over the time it has been live because of the exorbitant prices and the huge advantages in combat that a paying user can gain over night.

It hasn't merged pretty much every existing server on the globe into just one server (2 right now actually) because players were quitting due to the cash shop.

These things HAVE NEVER HAPPENED. Let's move on and enjoy our CUSTOMER FRIENDLY AND WALLET FRIENDLY MMO. I repeat, THIS GAME IS NOT PAY2WIN.

Thursday, June 29th 2017, 6:42am

It never lost 90% of it's playerbase over its lifetime.

It lost 90% of its' playerbase right at launch (NA did anyways) because of the horrendous death mechanic at the time. The servers never recovered from that, and it was mostly a surprise that such a thing went with the official launch ( I don't recall it being nearly as bad during the beta). It didn't help that the then publisher was trying to manage a massive list of games it simply didn't have the resources or people to deal with.

The Cash Shop honestly isn't the reason people quit. Asee-Teph's rampant ganking + horribad death mechanics (again, at official launch) caused players to just stop playing. From level 23/24 to 30 anything form the CS really doesn't give you an advantage over another player, but being unable to play for up to 4 hours, and having all of your equipped gear cursed was enough to kill peoples' interests.

At end game, CS investment does have a strong advantage, but over time it has become less and less impactful.

Thursday, June 29th 2017, 8:24am

Gwiniel

Intermediate

The Cash Shop honestly isn't the reason people quit. Asee-Teph's rampant ganking + horribad death mechanics (again, at official launch) caused players to just stop playing. From level 23/24 to 30 anything form the CS really doesn't give you an advantage over another player, but being unable to play for up to 4 hours, and having all of your equipped gear cursed was enough to kill peoples' interests.
Agree with the Asee-Teph's ganging and gears getting cursed upon death and purifying them required a CS scroll. However, you could have "an item" (forgot what its name was) preventing from the gear getting cursed in the first place but it had to be active before you died.. pretty much like incense (if i don't remember all wrong).

During leveling process this didn't matter much, but it must have been a complete end-game killer. I was still leveling in Siveria and Frozen Frontier and I had several gears cursed one after the other. In those times the basic game itself was much more harder in every way - regular mobs where twice as hard to kill, there weren't nearly as many telepads and the res points could be "miles" away from your quest area (specially in Siveria, cough) and naturally I didn't have any runes. Also you actually required full parties in order to complete dungeons (there were no mercenaries). At first it was doable as high levels could run you through them with ease, if you didn't find a party but when they invented the 4 level cap between party members, they made leveling dungeons super hard.

Anyway, back to the topic... CS became more of an issue for possible new players after many years, since remaining veterans were a light year ahead of them in character power. CS became an issue to veterans after the prices went up a lot after the global merge and it became even more of an issue to some when the nature of items changed (rental mounts, non-permanent items and even smaller fragments with higher cost).

But the ultimate killer has been the changing game mechanics to worse: GCD, server laggyness, frequent gear resets, whole gearing process, loss of versatile astral and the meaning of astral ships, character builds/skills and the merge of servers as the whole world (except Russia) is under 1 time zone that suits probably one third of the game population... There is lot of minor reasons as well but those mentioned are quite big.
New to Allods? Need few tips'n'tricks? Check ALLODS ONLINE SANCTUARY

Important guide for new players: Patronage: requirements and benefits

Thursday, June 29th 2017, 8:40am

The Cash Shop honestly isn't the reason people quit. Asee-Teph's rampant ganking + horribad death mechanics

Wasn't the cursed gear mechanic made so people would buy the scrolls from the CS to uncurse them? So in the end it is still related to the CS because people had to spend money everytime they died to uncurse their gear or they had to farm another piece.

Also look at revelation online, I haven't tried it but I see so many complaints on the forums or youtube about the p2w in that game and how many players have quit because of that. What a hyped game my.com had in hands but now after a few months there aren't nearly 25% of the initial players.

Also look at black desert, 20-30k players everyday on STEAM alone, and it launched what, one, two months ago on steam? That's because it's not a pay2win game, or at least the advantages that you get if you pay are insignificant or don't affect your gameplay.

ALSO, look at other publishers that have p2w games, for example when bless online was announced to be published by aeria games soo many people were saying that they will not even try the game because of the publisher.

There is no better reason for players to leave this game, even today the graphics hold up really great, they totally nailed it with the timeless cartoony graphics, so you can't say that it looks old. It just makes me sad and we are all to blame for eating all the crap that they feed us through the cs