You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, February 2nd 2016, 9:19pm

International Server Steam

Hey ,
What do u think about that news ?
It will be a f2p server again and no p2p sad :'(
But i think that there will be more people since it will be international .

"Launch of the European servers of Allods Online on Steam
Dear friends! Currently, Allods Team is preparing to launch Allods Online on Steam. As well as the Russian version, the international version of Allods Online will be launched on a new free-to-play server.
We are expecting this to happen in the first half of 2016. "

Best regards,
Allods Team.

Tuesday, February 2nd 2016, 9:37pm

IAmGroot

Professional

Hey ,

on a new free-to-play server.

This is the major problem.

Your character cannot be transferred, therefore, everything we have all been doing for the last 1-6...or longer YEARS would all have to be lost and forgotten.
I don't think many of the current players will even consider it.
It's a flop before it even starts unfortunately.

Hopefully they actually read through some of our comments regarding this and don't follow exactly as the Russians do and we can transfer our characters. 8)

Wednesday, February 3rd 2016, 10:34am

Hey ,
It will be a f2p server again and no p2p sad :'(
But i think that there will be more people since it will be international .

"Launch of the European servers of Allods Online on Steam
Dear friends! Currently, Allods Team is preparing to launch Allods Online on Steam. As well as the Russian version, the international version of Allods Online will be launched on a new free-to-play server.
We are expecting this to happen in the first half of 2016. "

Best regards,
Allods Team.

It still provides an indirect benefit to p2p players. Once the new players (those who have no idea Allods even exists) try it on Steam and find out how ridiculous the cash shop is, some of them might consider moving to non-Steam p2p server.

Thursday, February 4th 2016, 5:03pm

actually, starting a new server for the new steam players is a good idea. I think its good way to keep most of f2p players for a long time.

ye, i know its bad news for us, the veteran players, who wanted our server to grow up but maybe someday they will merge the 2 servers.

the reason that i'm saying its a good idea, is that it gone harder and harder to catch up with the veterans players and with the f2p server economy.

I'm in a middle of a test to check this issue but i got some perlimanery results.

I got a toon 25 lvl in Asee which is a completly cs free. not even second earing slot, nothing. I got 2,1,1 - 1,1,1 runes. everything like i expect 90% of the newcomers will have. I did equip this toon with reasonable good gear as anyone can craft it with little effort. I started pvp on 24 lvl and plan to go to 30 lvl with pvp xp only.

my findings so far is that it gone much harder for this toon to handle reins then for me in the past when i started. the main reason is cs items - the amount of cs items today that is helping reins is overwhelming and allods promote new ones still. all those items are out of reach for f2p player and every new item that is coming out is widening the gap. also, ofc, the "normal" average runes lvl for reins gone from 7-8s to 10-11s.

Friday, February 5th 2016, 7:37pm

Mhuldoon

Professional

Hey folks,

Firstly, just want to drop by to let you all know that how Steam will be handled is currently an on-going topic of development at the moment, thus no concrete answers can be provided right now. As it stands, EU held no plans to separate Steam & current server, actively welcoming the mixture. However, whether that is cemented into the final release of SteamVer remains to be seen as it is not our call to make - and there are many easy-to-overlook factors being discussed from all angles that both EU & RU need to consider. In short, now that you know what we're aiming for, understand that it is not a guarantee.

Once the situation has been fully discussed, considered and finalized (regardless of outcome), we'll be providing a full news on the subject.

Secondly, please be mindful when criticising the developers as, much like above (deleted) comment, there is a huge difference between constructive criticism (which is always welcomed), and accusatory assumptions.

Regards,
Mhul

Friday, February 5th 2016, 7:53pm

IAmGroot

Professional

Hey folks,
As it stands, EU held no plans to separate Steam & current server, actively welcoming the mixture.

This is completely ass backwards from the Russian server...which we ALWAYS follow...to a damn T other than the sales.
Are you sure you have real information?
If you are sure that this is even a possibility...this is how I feel right now:

I'm just having a hard time believing this incredibly great news.

Friday, February 5th 2016, 8:48pm

for me its hard to believe this steamthing will change anything beside more players and maybe some adjustments in pricing

Friday, February 5th 2016, 9:37pm

Kissaki

Trainee

for me its hard to believe this steamthing will change anything beside more players and maybe some adjustments in pricing

And for me, fixing those exact 2 things would be all this game ever needed to change.

Friday, February 5th 2016, 10:01pm

IAmGroot

Professional

And for me, fixing those exact 2 things would be all this game ever needed to change.
Those really are the only 2 things that need changing.
And one would help change the other.
A SERIOUS rehaul of pricing on the CS would have a SERIOUS impact on bringing old players back and having new players not quit very quickly after they realize how expensive or time intensive this game is.

Friday, February 5th 2016, 10:40pm

Gramarye

Professional

Have to be a big pricing change though... otherwise a lot of ppl will come, play it for 2 days, blame it as p2w (which is wouldnt be a lie) and hate it in their steam reviews...

Friday, February 5th 2016, 10:46pm

hate it in their steam reviews...

I heard that's what happened to Russian version.

Any f2p server Steam or not will sooner or later end up in the state New Frontier is now, that is barrier for new players growing far too great to overcome.

If only they released subscription-based version to Steam. ;(

What is killing this game is the relation between paid amount and character power. They have to kill this relation off completely either by making the game p2p or severely capping (per month/week?) the impact of paying extra money.

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "Dala" (Feb 5th 2016, 11:00pm)

Friday, February 5th 2016, 11:21pm

About Russian Steam Server (apparently named "New Order")

Russian forum:

https://allods.mail.ru/forums/showthread.php?t=132567

Russian fan site (where you can see that exchange rate for crystal started at 1000:1 and is now around 910-920:1)
http://allods.kvpserver.ru/forum.php/3/192?page=1

Steam forum:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/381640/discussions/0/

Happy reading!

Friday, February 5th 2016, 11:30pm

i guess steam will point to both versions of game, free one and paid
this way the whiny comments of losers (the kind of players which complain instantly as soon as they realize they do not onehit everything by getting max level; these use "paytowin" only as an excuse for beeing losers) can be nullified ;)

Saturday, February 6th 2016, 2:32am

as I read from RU Steam Server, it's just the same p2w server.

Saturday, February 6th 2016, 11:38am

i guess steam will point to both versions of game, free one and paid

Incorrect. One can play Steam version while being completely unaware that p2p version even exists.
That sucks. Many new players who find out from Steam that Allods exist will still have no clue there's and alternative to pay2win.

Saturday, February 6th 2016, 9:34pm

Celinkabouh

Beginner

No one cares about p2p...stop trying too hard Dalacora.

Saturday, February 6th 2016, 10:00pm

Another
thing this new changes need to look is about the account selling,

Really, the game are losing allot of money with this, juts make it, take the
control of it and take a % on the account sales...

Allot of players don’t have more time to play and can sell the accounts to the
new ones to start playing with a good account, this ones will buy more things
from the shop.

Now ppl coming, see how much need to expend and allot of items who no one knows
when it will come back and don’t play or don’t expend in the game.

With the support of allods staff they can parcel the value, can make with more
security... Really I don’t understand why this is not working at the moment,
everyone knows it’s happening, and will not stop, just make it by the allods
team and win some money with it

Sunday, February 7th 2016, 1:27am

Pochtron

Intermediate

I hope everyone realize that if a F2P steam server is coming out for the non-russian countries, the F2P server we're currently playing on is dead.

All of the new players willing to play in the f2p model are going to start on the server where there is no insane CS gap to fill with existing players, and with the publicity from Steam it will be populated quite fast. They will also benefit from a very decent gold:crystal ratio to start with.

Ultimately the lesser CS players from our server are going to move there. And ofc, the earlier players do that move the better the benefit for them. I see this as an Allods Reboot, purging all the past exploits (from bugs, stats, gold, etc) and giving the game a fresh start.

This also means - there's no point in pouring more money into this server. The transition will go faster as more & more players realize that. Please all, stop giving your money for a dead server.

Sooner or later the F2P steam server will look like our server right now. Still, playing on a fresh server with the experience we have from the current F2P models gives us, the players of a soon-to-be-dead server a huge advantage over the random new player on steam server. We know how it works, and moreover, we know how it will evolve over time.

So let's see this as a good opportunity to play F2P - totally free.

Sunday, February 7th 2016, 1:30am

IAmGroot

Professional

I hope everyone realize that if a F2P steam server is coming out for the non-russian countries, the F2P server we're currently playing on is dead.
As it stands, EU held no plans to separate Steam & current server, actively welcoming the mixture.
Do you even read brah?

Sunday, February 7th 2016, 1:40am

Pochtron

Intermediate

Do you even read brah?

I do. I still call this a dead server, given I trust Steam to understand if they just transform this server into a "F2P steam" one, they are shooting a bullet in their foot.
Also, I'm not giving much credit to any statement made by Mhuldoon, sorry to say.

And if you read on, maybe a reboot and a complete purge of the past errors is exactly what this game needs - even if it means sacrificing a few top donators over over it.