You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, February 9th 2016, 7:59pm

IAmGroot

Professional

we officially had no plans for separation regarding main server & upcoming steam iteration, meaning we'd hoped both can coexist together. Until discussions close on the subject, that remains the plan -- but as said, that does not mean it is guaranteed to happen as it's not our call alone to make.

Regardless, when the official word is known, we'll no doubt be putting forward a full statement on the subject.

Regards,
Mhul
I definitely understand and I won't hold my breath until it's announced. :)
With that being said, I would be incredibly sad if our server wasn't merged into the new one because...I'd probably have to leave the game. If I left the game though, I'd always still try to be a part of the community as I really like the majority of the community. So you'll see me around the forum. ;)
I don't have the funds I used to have to afford this game at the level I personally enjoy it at if it was to be separated.
So, my hopes are that it will happen, but I'm skeptical. :)
I have been playing this game almost 5 years and have met so many incredible people. I'd really hate to lose touch with them, since most of them communicate with me and others we have known for quite some time through this game.

All, I, and many of the other veteran players can do is hope and you can damn well bet I'll be doing a lot of that. :D

Tuesday, February 9th 2016, 9:17pm

For example: Lets say you buy a X game from store... you play it for 5 months and a new sequel X2 is published. You go buy that too and play the X and X2 the next 5 months... then sequal X3 is published and you buy that too and enjoy another 5 months. Then a new "guy" comes and says, "Oh - that game looks interesting", and buys X and X2 which are now on hefty sale and the X3 with reduced price.... Say you spend 300 €/$ to those 3 games when they were brand new (100 €/$ each)... the random guy gets all 3 games with 140 €/$ 15 months after the game X was published.

"A" buy the game before and pays a lot (has it faster)
"B" buy it later and pays less (has it later)

what do we learn from that?

become "C", download the game for free from the internet, pay nothing and have it instantly

regarding allods, its always a bad feeling if you are a victim of inflation
losing value due to gearresets is bad enough, if you lose value due to "inflation of items" (means those things which were hard earned by players before are easy to obtain now) now its even worse
this will make your effort feel worthless and is very frustrating (e.g. "i should just have waited until now too!")

for new players, this game is indefinitely easier already
(think of automove, map, marks of fate, portalquest gone, more teleporters in startingarea, gold from BGs, they saved gold from not participating in all past gearsets, mounts from mentor, looter manuals, veterans that help rookies with hard monsters & knowledge, .... )

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Feb 9th 2016, 9:41pm)

Tuesday, February 9th 2016, 10:52pm

(think of automove, map, marks of fate, portalquest gone, more teleporters in startingarea, gold from BGs, they saved gold from not participating in all past gearsets, mounts from mentor, looter manuals, veterans that help rookies with hard monsters & knowledge, .... )

It's easier regarding things that don't matter in the long run (you listed those yourself) and significantly harder in those that do (currency exchange, time for money value).

Tuesday, February 9th 2016, 11:57pm

Marco

Intermediate

The only things i am interested in is the efect of 7.0 on p2p. 7.0 more or less aside for me.

Taleron

Ich sehe dich Geekiens xD

Wednesday, February 10th 2016, 4:15am

It's easier regarding things that don't matter in the long run (you listed those yourself) and significantly harder in those that do (currency exchange, time for money value).

when currency exchange went higher income also went higher
other than that due to the high amount of players (no wonder after a global merge except russia) number of goldexchangers also went up logically - so having a smaller population isnt the worst thing
plus, we are at the end of a season and ppl exchange their gold instead of wasting it with gear

and then the propheticcard sale which always drives up exchange like crazy...
... last but not least the goldseller-incident

once 7.0 comes, everything will give more gold and thus it will be easier than ever before to get BC, especially at the beginning 8o

Friday, February 12th 2016, 1:36pm

Does anyone plays there? My nick is Чаробница if anyone is there to add me.
Engage people with what they expect; it is what they are able to discern and confirms
their projections. It settles them into predictable patterns of response,
occupying their minds while you wait for the extraordinary moment — that which
they cannot anticipate. – Sun Tzu

Tuesday, February 16th 2016, 6:26pm

This is a very easy debate to settle, look at it from My.com's point of view in order to gain the most revenue, would you A;
A - Create a steam server that has all the old accounts merged on to it, any new player has to now pay hugely to compete, this will generate a large amount of negative publicity and turn a lot of potential customers away.

Orrrr

B - Create a fresh server, everyone starts at a fresh level, where lots of people join at the same point and pay to beat each other but no one starts on 13's..

I do hope they create a fresh server if I'm honest I'd be very interested in starting over on a level playing field if I'm perfectly honest.

Tuesday, February 16th 2016, 7:23pm

This is a very easy debate to settle, look at it from My.com's point of view in order to gain the most revenue, would you A;
A - Create a steam server that has all the old accounts merged on to it, any new player has to now pay hugely to compete, this will generate a large amount of negative publicity and turn a lot of potential customers away.

Orrrr

B - Create a fresh server, everyone starts at a fresh level, where lots of people join at the same point and pay to beat each other but no one starts on 13's..

I do hope they create a fresh server if I'm honest I'd be very interested in starting over on a level playing field if I'm perfectly honest.

if i would be a cashplayer and start on on a new server i would buy level 13 runes + all other things possbile from the beginning; it would be silly to wait in this case!
so i dont really understand how a fresh serverstart would change anything... except it would take some months until all sales are through

Tuesday, February 16th 2016, 7:27pm

IAmGroot

Professional

Not everyone has 12174.18 Euros or 13391.60 USD to drop to buy level 13 runes...I'm not sure if you're aware of this.

Wednesday, February 17th 2016, 11:29am

At least from checking the Russian forum, the RU steam version will have the same CS prices as the rest of the servers. So if there was a mixture between old players and new players via steam it's mostly just advertising, the advertising we always wanted to bring new life to the server. I say pip pip good job.

Wednesday, February 17th 2016, 9:36pm

I think we can all agree on a couple of things at this point, the highest probability is that;
1. Will be an entirely new server with no character migrations.
2. Cash shop prices will remain the same

The only thing left to figure out is, will we see the steam server prior to patch 7.0? The Russian version is now on steam (with two different paid introductory packs for those that don't know.) I would hope we could see something a little earlier than 7.0 just so people can start creating toons and settling into the game.

Thursday, February 18th 2016, 3:10am

Wouldnt count on it xonaz. Complete class and stat rework in 7.0, which would make it very confusing for players that just started.

They would be just settled in and have to start All over again. Expect a promotion for 7.0 with a clean slate for everyone.

Really do hope that what mhuldoon said is true and that we wont get a new server. Splitting population between two servers in the international version would be very, very bad.

Thursday, February 18th 2016, 1:41pm

Really do hope that what mhuldoon said is true and that we wont get a new server. Splitting population between two servers in the international version would be very, very bad.

For the old players? Yes.

For my.com? Not necessarily.

If they promote the game mainly to attract new people, those new people won't be very keen on joining a server where a good chunk of the population already has a very substantial advantage amassed over the years, at much lower cost too. As long as the old servers are kept online, current players don't really "lose" anything, however some sort of pressure to switch over (if the new server ends up with a higher population) may or may not be induced.

I personally think that the f2p model in Allods is doomed to fail. New server or not, increase in game's population will never be substantial unless something is done about either cash shop prices or the in-game power cash shop offers.

It's a gamble for my.com, they can try to rip off the old players twice with a small chance of attracting some new players (potentially more money to be made) or opt for pleasing the old players with small chance of attracting new (potentially less money to be made, but way safer). I see the f2p model in Allods as some sort of cruel social experiment, testing how far they can push people while making crazy amounts of money in the process, a win-win if one's a sadistic person.

Now if they launched a subscription server on Steam...

Old players lose close to no advantage as there's none to be gained other than gear (7.0 hard resets it anyway).
Potential new players don't feel years behind and helpless from the very beginning.
And most important, over a long period of time the server won't degrade causing never-ending spiral of growing imbalance.

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "Dala" (Feb 18th 2016, 1:51pm)

Thursday, February 18th 2016, 5:03pm

I'd love to start the game on Steam along with 7.0 on a mixture P2P server.

Thursday, February 18th 2016, 5:50pm

Not everyone has 12174.18 Euros or 13391.60 USD to drop to buy level 13 runes...I'm not sure if you're aware of this.

of course not everyone can or want to give away that amount of money, but those who can and are willing to will do i guess, so what the poster above wrote that nobody would start ith 13's is unlikely... the faster you have them the longer you can enjoy them...
so the "slow start" will only affect farmers

Thursday, February 18th 2016, 9:42pm

of course not everyone can or want to give away that amount of money, but those who can and are willing to will do i guess, so what the poster above wrote that nobody would start ith 13's is unlikely... the faster you have them the longer you can enjoy them...
so the "slow start" will only affect farmers
Those that have that money and are willing to spend it on Allods are probably already playing I cant imagine they're thinking they'll spend another £10K rerolling on a new server just to be better than a couple new players?

I don't think anyone joins a game and suddenly thinks to spend £10K on a brand new game they've just started playing, if you can name me one player that has done this with Allods I'll happily delete my comment.

Thursday, February 18th 2016, 10:22pm

IAmGroot

Professional

...I cant imagine they're thinking they'll spend another £10K rerolling on a new server just to be better than a couple new players?

I would end up quitting before starting again on another server, unfortunately.
I never would want to do that because I really do love this game and it's community...I never want to leave it.
But...there's no way I'm going to re-cashshop a toon, even to mediocre CS amounts...it just would never feel the same.

Friday, February 19th 2016, 5:03pm

Mhuldoon

Professional

Quoted

Really do hope that what mhuldoon said is true and that we wont get a new server.
Hey all,

Just want to make something clear regarding the above. What was said was not a promise, just insight into how we (non-RU) had no plans for separation whatsoever as far as non-RU AO/steam is concerned - but as said twice (and this must be made crystal clear), that doesn't make it a guarantee as we do not have the final say. It is still in talks so I'm afraid I cannot provide any updates, but as mentioned before, we'll keep you posted as soon as things are set in stone.

Until that happens, thank you all for providing your thoughts (from both sides/perspectives) in a digestible manner here in the thread.

Regards,
Mhul

Saturday, February 20th 2016, 5:22am

u_8057424

Beginner

Ok,let me stop u all right there.
I can't belive that any of you still belive that enyone of them in mail.ru give a sh about any of you.they just want more money.....talking about negative internet reviews about allods?what did u expect? positive reviews?
This game is what it is- a game. people wants to have fun,that's what games are for.and here if u wanna have 'fun' )Real fun* u have to pay biiiig money to play fun pvp. only 10% of all gamers on this world is able to do that in any game because they are rich.i don't know anyone who is poor or normal to give 10000$ on a game.and some of that percentage (maybe 0.2% of them) are here choose allods.rest of the people here are happy with lv4-7rune playing astral and hang out,maybe kill some poor newbie in WH(that's cool too,im not judging anyone,we're all diffrent).
What makes Other Moba's and MMORPG so successful? - Normal way to get things.Which is not case here since probably middle 2011? i don't even remember anymore,i started in december 2009 .

So let me tell u what is going to happen,they will relase steam and get d**k in the a**.why?because price of cc are gonna remain the same,new server will have same numbers of fresh blood as this F2P now.none.It's gonna be failure same as P2P server 2y ago,which have less players than kids in my block.
So don't worry.nothing big is going to happen.they won't lose you hardcore cs players,because they not that stupid(surprisingly) because like someone says,all hardcore cs are already playing allods.
So realy,don't worry.
And for all people who call other 'losers' just because they don't have money to buy decent runes, or play this game 24/7,is just childish.grow up.Game isn't a life.

This post has been edited 5 times, last edit by "u_8057424" (Feb 20th 2016, 5:56am)

Saturday, February 20th 2016, 9:54am

• "d_5ffeec4e46276" has been banned

They really should just release the steam version as buy to play without a cash shop for $10 or just release the subscription server without the cash shop because as soon as people see it as Free to Play and instead join the F2P Server the game will get inaccurate reviews claiming that the game is shit because of it being P2W when it's actually not. Thus, leading to a lot of people not touching the game and actually giving it a decent try, which results in the playerbase dwindling down.

If they are going to release the game on Steam with both F2P and Subscription then they must definitely fix the pricing by making it 70% cheaper OR make reduce the currency exchange rate (it's incredibly high at the moment) to getting crystals at around at least 70 gold so people are able to compete and actually play. If this isn't done or some type of other fix such as a new currency or exchange system is introduced then the games fate will be a shut down in the near future and we don't want that. Just being honest and speaking the inevitable truth.

P.S. don't screw up like many other games such as Age of Conan (Funcom not keeping their promises and unfortunately not a lot of support due to them not having enough funds), RIFT (Trion went the Pay to Win path), ArcheAge (Same as RIFT), etc. Any great fix for issues regarding P2W will IMPACT the game SIGNIFICANTLY and GREATLY. Allods is an astonishing game at it's core.

You still have a chance and it might even be your last. Don't screw it up.

This post has been edited 7 times, last edit by "AMDRylai" (Feb 20th 2016, 11:46am)