You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, March 5th 2016, 4:02pm

Aionwen

Professional

Does this make the gameplay better for you though? Is PvP, raids and other skirmishes more fun when you have 900 costumes and 25 mounts?
How does this improve the gameplay other than the look of your character?

i spend most money for costumes and shipdesign and it makes my gameplay much more enjoyable so jes its more fun
PLS make Tekians playable race. fix shipcanons!

Saturday, March 5th 2016, 4:43pm

look of the game aside from gamemechanics sure is very important in this kind of game

its something completely different whether you look at an ugly char, an average or a beautiful char all the time
now if it even has a nice looking costume this adds so much more pleasure, its hard to describe this in words
for example, if you zoom in and look carefully, its so likeable how they breath (chest moves), how they blink with their eyes and what movement they make when you wait a bit (stretching, or doing knee bends)
its cute when a girl char jumps and says "hoppa" and i learned to love the sound of an orc sitting and spitting sunflowerseeds on the ground
this game is obviously made with LOVE to details and i appreciate this

while costumes were not my top priority at the beginning, now where i feel like i have all meaningful items etc collected, i really enjoy collecting these costumes meanwhile
and as Gwiniel said so nice, you can literally hoard things without ever wasting a single thought about space :)

this game is not only about PVP and PVE
and even if pvp would be broken, (what it is NOT btw, as an opinion from a free player who loves battlegrounds!) there are so much other things to get lost in this game it would not matter much

Saturday, March 5th 2016, 8:00pm

Gwiniel

Intermediate

Thanks Gwiniel for sharing your thoughts :) It sure is interesting to hear that some people adore the vanity aspect of a game so much.
To be honest though, it sounds to me like there are other games that would suit you better than Allods, for example sandbox games.

Take ArcheAge or Black Desert for example. They are very focused on mining, farming, gathering, housing and vanity. There you'll have the chance to skip the PvP and PvE content completely (at max level) and just get your own house, decorate it, have your own farm to grow plants etc., get different workers who will help you with gathering and building, and much more. These games are also usually very nice looking, good graphics and beautiful and big landscapes. They are much more immersive than the older types of mmorpg's.
Yes I like that kind of things too... the oldest was Runescape that I played 17 years ago with similar idea. But I love Allods graphics - the art style in general is so unique :love: As AOP said as well, the details on characters, the complexity of their movements etc.

I've tried many pretty games with much more realistic scenery but they don't come even close with Allods. I do "satisfy" my passion for building, house/home play in The Sims 3 (hate sims 4 and what they did to the game series!). Why Allods interests me is the adventure side and the complexity of the lore - it's massive. I don't want just a "farming" game... I play countless minigames like that via Iwin, BigFish etc. Allods has so much more content for all likes :)
New to Allods? Need few tips'n'tricks? Check ALLODS ONLINE SANCTUARY

Important guide for new players: Patronage: requirements and benefits

Monday, March 7th 2016, 1:18pm

Marco

Intermediate

When this new server will come if it isnt just a myth?

Is there something planned for P2P as well?

Taleron

Monday, March 7th 2016, 2:53pm

When this new server will come if it isnt just a myth?

Is there something planned for P2P as well?

Taleron
my.com doesn't really care about the game , so i don't think that they will do something for the p2p .

Monday, March 7th 2016, 6:59pm

When this new server will come

most likely there wont be a new server but simply the game will published on "steam" and thus bring new players to the existing 2 servers we have there
what server they play on, the players decide
there is enough information on the forum even for a complete rookie to make an easy decision what is more enjoyable for him