You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, February 8th 2016, 11:59am

How Does High End Endgame Gear Work? Bind On Pickup? Whats Cash Shop Like? Whats Community Like?

Ive heard good things about this game but heard it used to be very pay to win from the cash shop but a new company took over or something like that?

Im very strict when it comes to MMOs and fail to find any that is World of Warcraft satisfying in Terms of the best gear being bind on pickup... PvP gear earned through Marks earned at end of game and little things like that which make the game impossible for Gold buyers to buy Gold off third party websites than simply buy the best gear from the auction house.... I was really into Eloa which reminds me of this game (from gameplay ive seen) but this is more mmo style i think and Eloa removed Bind on Account gear Due to People (More like gold farmers) complaining to much about it

Whats currently in the cash shop?
Can you buy items from the cash shop than sell them for gold like you can in almost every well developed game completely destroying it *Cough* Cough* Tera... <(If the best gear is bind on pickup than that doesnt matter)

i just want to know how impossible it is for this game to be pay to win in all areas not just a non pay to win cash shop because that doesnt make a game non-pay to win..... its the Gold Farmers that make it pay to win in 99% of mmo/rpgs which can easily be fixed by the simple Bind On Account/Pickup

*********UPON FURTHER RESEARCH OF THIS GAME IT SEEMS LIKE NOT ALOT OF PLAYES ARE PLAYING ANYMORE... EVEN LESS ON THE MEMBERSHIP SERVER Is this true at the end game?? Will finding groups for Dungeons & PvP be a challenge?*********************

///////Sorry for multiple questions but these are KEY questions any serious mmo/rpg Gamer needs answering xD////////

This post has been edited 6 times, last edit by "u_7824265" (Feb 8th 2016, 12:35pm)

Monday, February 8th 2016, 12:36pm

Ive heard good things about this game but heard it used to be very pay to win from the cash shop but a new company took over or something like that?

It's less pay to win than in it's "darkest times", but it's still very severe.

Whats currently in the cash shop?
Can you buy items from the cash shop than sell them for gold like you can in almost every well developed game completely destroying it *Cough* Cough* Tera... <(If the best gear is bind on pickup than that doesnt matter)

i just want to know how impossible it is for this game to be pay to win in all areas not just a non pay to win cash shop because that doesnt make a game non-pay to win..... its the Gold Farmers that make it pay to win in 99% of mmo/rpgs which can easily be fixed by the simple Bind On Account/Pickup

Yes, and it's more than that. You can directly exchange your real money into gold with an official, built into the game way.

Those items aren't gear however, and gear cannot be bought with gold, it's a long and tedious grind to get gear always. Gear resets every season (level cap change).

Cash shop items amplify the effect of gear very significantly. They are must-have to compete, and to get the bare minimum to not be thrown around like a rag doll in pvp you need both the gear and those items.

Also there's a subscription based server that is completely devoid of pay to win in any shape or form, Even if gold sellers came one day and flooded this server, gold doesn't give that much advantage there, you'd cap on what it can buy very fast.

That server is like a completely different game from the "free" server. It has no cash shop but a monthly fee (10 euro per month or 21 euro for 3 months). It's infinitely more fair than the "free" server if your goal is to play the game actively. But beware, it's somewhat grindy, many people don't like that.

*********UPON FURTHER RESEARCH OF THIS GAME IT SEEMS LIKE NOT ALOT OF PLAYES ARE PLAYING ANYMORE... EVEN LESS ON THE MEMBERSHIP SERVER Is this true at the end game?? Will finding groups for Dungeons & PvP be a challenge?*********************

The reason for that is the game is kinda in a limbo-like state. Nobody knows what happens to it in near future. There's a big expansion coming (at least it did come in the Russian version which this version pretty much exactly copies with a severe delay). The game is to be launched on Steam also but nobody knows if it's the existing or completely new servers. That contributes to uncertainty greatly.

There's some plans of reviving the subscription server for when the expansion launches, but nobody nows what really happens, how many people will really return and for how long.

This post has been edited 5 times, last edit by "Dala" (Feb 8th 2016, 12:49pm)

Monday, February 8th 2016, 12:48pm

Thank you for the very honest and clear Answers xDD

I Would like to know now is it worth playing now on the membership server? Do you feel it has a promising future due to the expansion?
Also how does obtaining end game gear work? will i be running dungeons and stuff like to find the gear?I dont care if the game is grindy aslong as im playing along side with others (Dungeons, Raids, World bosses ECT)

**the game is available on steam right now but only the RU Version**

Monday, February 8th 2016, 12:55pm

Thank you for the very honest and clear Answers xDD

I Would like to know now is it worth playing now on the membership server? Do you feel it has a promising future due to the expansion?
Also how does obtaining end game gear work? will i be running dungeons and stuff like to find the gear?I dont care if the game is grindy aslong as im playing along side with others (Dungeons, Raids, World bosses ECT)

**the game is available on steam right now but only the RU Version**

I'd say it's worth starting somewhere between a week to three from the expansion launch date (it hasn't been announced yet).
So you aren't level 1 and trudging through lots of old content while most of the players are jumping straight into new.

As for gearing, the system is going to be overhauled in the expansion. There's groups of items (by slots), some of them are straight up drops from bosses on astral islands (astral islands are similar to dungeons in most MMOs). Other slots are crafted, the materials you can get from various in-game activities. This gear is later refined on an anvil of artifacts to increase stat numbers on it.

Monday, February 8th 2016, 1:04pm

But if i begin the game now, Wouldnt i maybe progress pass the old content and into the new or what exacly do you mean?
Do you mean when expansion comes out you can start your new character at the expansion areas? Couldnt i just bring my Character their once i buy the expansion? -sorry about the confusion :wacko:

Monday, February 8th 2016, 1:16pm

But if i begin the game now, Wouldnt i maybe progress pass the old content and into the new or what exacly do you mean?
Do you mean when expansion comes out you can start your new character at the expansion areas? Couldnt i just bring my Character their once i buy the expansion? -sorry about the confusion :wacko:

You would, but we don't really know when the expansion comes, might be as far as half a year. The delays between new expansions on RU and here are always wicked long.

There's a significant amount of old content to go through but you should be able to finish it in one to three weeks, depends how much you play.

What I'm trying to say is you might end up going through all of the old content and still having to wait a significant amount of time for the expansion, while not having enough time for it to be worth bothering gearing for the current tier.

Monday, February 8th 2016, 2:24pm

gear is bound by pickup

cashitems can also obtained without $, by farming gold and using the exchange service (gold -> BC)

this exchangeservice can even gain you BC for the subscriptionserver, so if you want you can play for totally free, but it takes time

no matter where you decide to play, having time to "prepare" for patch seems a good idea

Monday, February 8th 2016, 2:34pm

IAmGroot

Professional

Mr. new user person.

Please note that the ONLY two people that have commented on your thread are COMPLETELY, 100%, hellbent on their own server.

Allods_Online_Player is in a fairy tale land of F2P server being so easy to farm every last little piece of cash shop item in a really short amount of time.
-This is completely not the case, it takes hours upon hours upon hours upon hours to farm what you NEED if you're not going to put cash into the game.

Dala is in a fairy tale land of P2P server being way more populated than it is. He also believes that there is going to be a repopulation of the server when steam hits, but, we saw a huge influx of players on the p2p server when it first launched and the players slowly dwindled away. Therefore, I can't imagine it's going to happen again.
Allods failed the p2p server ages ago when they didn't launch it from the start of the game. Had the p2p server been there from the beginning, I would have been there as well and I would own a house with a pool full of gold coins. But instead, they didn't and now I don't own my pool of gold coins because I put all my money into this game.

So........Just know you have 2 COMPLETELY different and VERY radical opinions going on right now.
So, until you hear more from other players, DO NOT make a concrete decision.

Monday, February 8th 2016, 2:34pm

cashitems can also obtained without $, by farming gold and using the exchange service (gold -> BC)

You should realize this can be done only theoretically. It's a relic of the past when it was a viable option to play. Since the exchange rate changes as players exchange both ways, it's grown incredibly unfavorable to those trading gold.

The amount of time you would have to spend at your computer to make it happen if you started just now goes far beyond the limits of even hardcore players. If you were infinitely determined you'd start complaining like this: "Why is there only 24 hours in a day? Please give more."

Please note that the ONLY two people that have commented on your thread are COMPLETELY, 100%, hellbent on their own server.

Well, it really is as simple as that. Either you're all in for one or for the other.

Also, however funny/amusing/sad/depressing/whatever this is going to look like... there's not all that many more people actively browsing the forums or posting. ;(

This post has been edited 5 times, last edit by "Dala" (Feb 8th 2016, 3:02pm)

Monday, February 8th 2016, 3:27pm

• "d_5ffeec4e46276" has been banned

I'd say start on either server now and see whether or not you like the game. If you like the game and if you don't want the cash shop go for the Subscription server but if you don't mind the cash shop and aren't turned off by grinding then go for the F2P. It's all personal preference. The game isn't necessarily Pay to Win as people make it seem. In fact it's free to play/pay to lessen the grind as you can get everything and anything for free just by playing the game through various in-game functions from the Currency Exchange, Auction House etc... HOWEVER the game does get grindy if you don't play on the Subscription server and it will take time, effort and patience to be able to compete with other players. That being said, it's also not as grindy as everyone makes it seem. It's grindy, it's a long process but it it's doable if you're willing to focus on progressing. Allods is a game based on progression so just remember that when you're playing. Subscription server however is definitely the better choice and will be so much more worth it!

Monday, February 8th 2016, 3:55pm

azalin71

Trainee

You should realize this can be done only theoretically. It's a relic of the past when it was a viable option to play. Since the exchange rate changes as players exchange both ways, it's grown incredibly unfavorable to those trading gold.

The amount of time you would have to spend at your computer to make it happen if you started just now goes far beyond the limits of even hardcore players. If you were infinitely determined you'd start complaining like this: "Why is there only 24 hours in a day? Please give more."
The discussion about p2p server being for skilled players and f2p server is for cashshoppers only is going on endlessly on forums.

Getting all items without spending tons of cash is not "only theoretical".

I play alonside a guildie, that has runes at 11s and 9s and has a fair amount of pvp cashshop gear, and he has not spend money on the game.
Its true that he have spend a lot of hours farming gold to get it.

Besides that, ive seen several full cashshopped players serve as examples that pay to win is not the complete truth. Cashshop will fail, if you have absolutely no skill.

Pay to win also only applies to the PVP content. Where you can take part in and complete every aspect of PVE content without (or with a lot less) cashshop.

But on p2p server, would you not be left behind, if you did not have the same amount of time to spend on the game? I would guess that the top guilds in p2p server needs to spend a lot more grinding than the rest of the players on p2p server.
Araanahn - Kanian Crusader - Warsong guild

Monday, February 8th 2016, 4:04pm

IAmGroot

Professional

I play alonside a guildie, that has runes at 11s and 9s and has a fair amount of pvp cashshop gear, and he has not spend money on the game.
Its true that he have spend a lot of hours farming gold to get it.

Whoever this player is did not start playing this game within the last year.
Whoever this player is did not start playing this game within the last 2 years.
Whoever this player is more than likely did not start playing this game within the last 3 years.
Whoever this player is has been playing for probably 4 or more years.

Therefore, I can't really agree with your statement that it is possible for a player to get level 11 and 9 runes in a reasonable amount of time for a gamer. We're short tempered. Most of us anyways. Knowing that it could take up to 4 years of grinding to be "up there with the best of players" is not comforting to anyone playing this game.

With that being said...You can farm yourself a set of 7s or even 8s and most of the low level cash shop items probably in a year. So you can be "semi-competitive" in this game with about a year of farming, however, you will need about 3.5-5 years of farming to be in the "top 5-10%" of players.

The cash shop needs a SERIOUS freakin' rehaul as I have stated MANY times.
Cash shop prices need to be slashed to 25-50% of their original costs.
I have even showed the my.com team that they would profit SO MUCH from this with "simple numbers."

We have about 30 players spending large amount of money on this game. Let's say $400 a month.
That's about $12,000 a month.
We have about 50 players spending a small amount of money on this game. Let's say $50 a month.
That's about $2,500 a month.
We have about 100 players spending a tiny amount of money on this game. Let's say $10 a month.
That's about $1,000 a month.
This is about $15,500 a month.

Now imagine your cash shop prices are slashed by 50-75% making prices 25-50% of their original cost.
I would imagine you would have a much larger population, however, let's say you don't.

We would have about 30 players spending a large amount of money on this game. Let's say $400 a month.
That's about $12,000 a month.
We would have about 50 players spending a small amount of money on the game. Let's say $50 a month.
That's about $2,500 a month.
We would have about 250-400 players spending a tiny amount of money on this game. Let's say $10 a month.
That's about $2,500-4,000 a month.
This is about $17,000-18,500 a month.
So that's already an increase of 9% to 16% in sales.
(With that being said, the numbers would greatly increase because the population would increase because the average person would be able to afford things in this game instead of the "really fortunate" people.)

So that would be great....

So think about it guys.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "IAmGroot" (Feb 8th 2016, 4:10pm)

Monday, February 8th 2016, 4:06pm

OMG you really believe it with a exchange-rate 1:315 ? If you want to buy just 1 chest, you have to pay 54k gold and maybe you get useless fragments^^ WAKE UP, you can farm a shit, maybe lv 5 or 6 runes and first green pages of all those CS

Monday, February 8th 2016, 4:06pm

I bet he got these before 5.0 update or even much earlier than that, when conditions were much more favorable.

AOP is trying to convince people that it's something achievable by a new player who as of right now doesn't even have a character on the server. This is clearly not true, and can make people undertake titanic effort based on false hope. I think it's downright cruel to do this.

Monday, February 8th 2016, 4:15pm

IAmGroot

Professional

OMG you really believe it with a exchange-rate 1:315 ? If you want to buy just 1 chest, you have to pay 54k gold and maybe you get useless fragments^^ WAKE UP, you can farm a shit, maybe lv 5 or 6 runes and first green pages of all those CS

I don't disagree Missy, however, the "smart" players that are farming for their items would never even consider opening boxes. I would guess 75-80% of the time you would be much better off purchasing an item from someone else opening a strongbox than opening them yourself.

But I also stated, above in my above post, I think you could farm a full set of 7s or 8s and 7s in about a year with all the lesser CS items. Some people are willing to do that, some are not. That is why they need to figure out whether this game is for them.

Monday, February 8th 2016, 5:25pm

Gwiniel

Intermediate

Try the game out on f2p server - you loose nothing, if you don't enjoy the game as the game itself. Try league or imperial toons first - do not start with Priden race as your very first toon. Priden beginning zone Howlem is nowhere near the experience you will gain from playing any other race. Howlem is 1 zone from levels 0 to 24... both league and imperial have about 7 zones before level 24.

However, if you find yourself in love with this game, you have to ask yourself 2 questions: how much time you are willing to spend on playing and how much money you are willing to put in the game. If you have lots of time but hardly any cash, you should consider p2p server although it has a lower population. If you have more cash than time or have plenty of both, pick f2p. And as said above, pick f2p for trying the game mechanics out for 10+ levels. You can then easily recreate the toon or continue it no matter which server you end up with without losing anything but some hours of your life.

F2p server requires a lot of time (several hours a day), if you considering putting minimum cash into it. You have to be hardcore in Allods Online in order to stay among competitive players. Not paying any means 2 to 3 years of hardcore gold grinding to catch up with current prices and exchange rate and still you'll most likely be a niche behind. F2p will always have more players than p2p simply because there are a lot more people hoping for a free enjoyment than those accepting the reality that games aren't meant to be nor designed to be free.

In f2p gears and skill matters a lot too along with item shop goods. There are plenty of players with above average character buffing goods that get slaughtered by lot less buffed toons. Item shop stuff matter when gears and skill are similar or the item shopped toon is vastly superior: player with full level 11+ runes is a god compared to a player with full 5s no matter of gears. Next comes patronage 5 which significantly increases your damage and healing done. Lastly comes the rest... extra stat points, rubies, talents and extra earring slot, trinket and battle mounts. A huge negative point is that you have to pay a LOT to get reasonable sized bag and bank in the game.

P2p server requires a lot of time also, because you trade with gold and need it for everything. With a small monthly fee, you get a balanced pvp but risk being in a less active server. There's also restrictions like the fastest mount possible is slow like a slug compared to f2p server's top mounts. You can't have extra quest space and you can't obtain the largest possible bags and banks. Then again, with the amount of money put into monthly payments, I'd say the in-game content is fair regarding mounts and all.

On a personal note: I would have gone p2p, if it had existed from the very start. But it didn't. I've spend too much time and money to switch anymore. I'm far from being top player but that's because I'm not a competitive person and I don't like pvp either. I love the game itself - questing etc. so my home is f2p server now and as long as it exists.
New to Allods? Need few tips'n'tricks? Check ALLODS ONLINE SANCTUARY

Important guide for new players: Patronage: requirements and benefits

Tuesday, February 9th 2016, 12:14pm

reeah19

Intermediate

as a player that farmed everything i can say you can't farm efficient anymore(not even crafting gives what it used too). It was ok till 100-150 per crystal but at 300+ it doesn't worth the time. It'll take you 2+years to get all decent items. The game is great but if you want to play better go p2p.

if u decide to start now don't bother gearing, just go with purples/rep gear, it takes too much time and effort to start doing it at the end of season.

community is large on f2p but split between decent/friendly ones and ignorant/self centered ones.
Fireofdeath -70 - demonologist
Puffypuf - 65 - furball warden
Rensy - 65 - paladin
Akyrra - 70 - psionicist healer
Turquiose - 60 - bard
Springfull - 60 - mage
FoxBee - 31 warden

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "reeah19" (Feb 9th 2016, 12:32pm)

Wednesday, April 27th 2016, 11:36am

If you ask me Allods os the most Social mmo ive ever played ( i have not played wow that much)
I have tried games like , Tera, Swtor, Rift, Skyforge, Destiny, Vindictus, Dragons Nest, Guildwars 2,

And because thee is so much "Party searching systems" there are no players that really communicate with others because there is no need to.
From my experience allods is the only mmo out there (fram what ive played) that require communication.

Wednesday, April 27th 2016, 2:36pm

thankfull you are not "forced" to social interaction; with 7.1 you can reach max gear as singleplayer too just by farming
and there are fre mercs <3
and singleplayerinstances <3
also, allods has "Party searching systems" too

so i guess ppl do it just because they enjoy doing it, not becasue they are "forced"

Wednesday, April 27th 2016, 2:56pm

aop in 7.1 the waiting time until free mercs is even reduced to 5 min :P