You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, February 12th 2016, 10:27am

useful role for newcomers

Hello,
I'm new to the game. Population seems quite low but I see players doing raids and dungeons. I was wondering if guilds need any specyfic role to fulfill for new players like tanks or healers. Can veteran players hint the young blood which classes are most required ? I ask for pure usefulness of the classes not necessarily fun to play or personal preferences. In advance thanks for all replies. :)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "u_7868143" (Feb 12th 2016, 2:30pm)

Friday, February 12th 2016, 2:31pm

Are playing on league or empire side?

Friday, February 12th 2016, 2:50pm

IAmGroot

Professional

Are playing on league or empire side?
To be fair, I'm not sure how this question really benefits this conversation as both empire and league need specific roles, and I would assume mostly the same.

Hello,
I'm new to the game. Population seems quite low but I see players doing raids and dungeons. I was wondering if guilds need any specyfic role to fulfill for new players like tanks or healers. Can veteran players hint the young blood which classes are most required ? I ask for pure usefulness of the classes not necessarily fun to play or personal preferences. In advance thanks for all replies. :)
The population is quite low, you're not wrong regarding that, however, I think...THINK when Allods goes on to Steam there will be a pretty severe increase in population (IF THEY ACTUALLY LISTEN TO US BY MAKING CS PRICES LOWER).
Every guild needs different specific classes...however, I can tell you that there is 1 class that is used the least frequently and that is definitely Psionicist. People don't seem to like the class as they find it "boring." I personally played a psi for...2-3 months (at end game) and LOVED the PvP. I think it was the most fun pvp class I have played. Unfortunately, the PvE part of it...was unbearably boring. The classes isn't "NEEDED" however, it is great to have in pvp situations, and pve as well. It's damage can be reasonable high, it has CCs, and it's not a readily available class. Obviously, everyone would always like to have more tanks and healers available. Summoners are incredibly strong healers and paladins are incredibly strong tanks. There are few warrior tanks (however, they are just as useful!!! people just prefer to DPS as warrior, not sure why). The "healer" class is not the "best" healer at the moment, from my knowledge - keep in mind I haven't really been playing for the last few months as I don't particularly like this patch.

If I think of anything else, I'll post it here.

I hope this helps to some degree.
Good luck soldier.
See you on the battlefield. 8)

Friday, February 12th 2016, 3:03pm

people just prefer to DPS as warrior, not sure why

paladin-tank can do more dps than warrior-tank, so going as dps is more viable
thats the reason why warriortanks are so rare

as for our new player, a rookie is most beloved if he can do something from everything, so for example a warden with some offheal to support is great, same as a summoner
in general, in pvp, cc's of rookies and veterans are equal so try to concentrate on CCing because this will be the thing you can do best
as we are coming to CC, i also come to psi, its the class with th best CC

but i reather would select a class that is FUN to play for me, because primary you must not make your fellow players happy but yourself
once you are a happy player you will make the fellow players happy as a sideeffect anyway as a valuable member of the community here ;)

Friday, February 12th 2016, 6:41pm

Thanks for all replies. With few guilds maybe officers or active players could state which roles seem most demanded ( DPS, heal, tank, CC ) for both League and Imperium. Instances can be done with mercenaries. What about raiding ? There are current raiders, maybe they would like to comment as well.

Friday, February 12th 2016, 10:08pm

Hello... I'm GL of Avarice guild on League side... Atm we need mostly tanks, but we also have free spots for dps and healers in our raids, cause atm population is kinda low (pre expansion time). If youre intrested in joining League side, and Avarice guild pls visit http://avariceao.shivtr.com/
Good luck and see you soon online.
Muriel - Avarice - Smugglers Paradise - League
http://avariceao.shivtr.com/

Saturday, February 13th 2016, 7:01am

As much as i've learned, guilds can always use healers and tanks. However, it is almost never expected of you to play those roles unless that's what you're willing. Most guilds are very welcoming and insist that you play whatever you're happy with. Also, someone could say that it doesn't matter what class you lvl with because you can always bid on a class morpher(item that lets you change your class) later on. This way you can change to whatever class is "needed".