You are not logged in.

Tuesday, February 16th 2016, 3:32am

Newbie wants to pick a class

So i just started this game 3 days ago. Although i started with a scout i would like to know which classes in this game are great for 1st characters.
I do not mind the class being retardedly hard, just want it to be able to perform at least decently with not that much amounts of money/currency invested into, so i could use them for farming, etc.

BTW, is alchemy a good profession for first characters?
What is your opinion on the scout class (ranged)? I am liking it so far.
And which classes are flashy (skills) in this game?

Thx for the attention.

*edit*

And would any class be considered a bad pick for a first character?

Tuesday, February 16th 2016, 8:02am

İf you want be fast and make long range dps you should start with engineer or scout .

F2P Sunucusu Piranalar Birliği Define Avcısı

Tuesday, February 16th 2016, 11:18am

Aionwen

Professional

which classes in this game are great for 1st characters

not scout coz of incaspells but may change with next majorpatch

with not that much amounts of money

delete allods friend, good luck

could use them for farming

there is no solofarming, with maxlevel u have to farm in groups with players or npcs

is alchemy a good profession for first characters

some (me include) would say alchi is the best first profession

your opinion on the scout

i have a scout and im astonished how much damage it makes even if u play it totaly wrong, it was the new noobclass since last majorpatch, u know for this damagedkiddies with no skills. ps: dont take gibberlings coz u need line of sight...

bad pick for a first character?

nope, without any knowledge about levelphasequests u may die some times with any class, but maybe mage could be harder, but all will tell u that with maxlevel there is no bad class.

what is flashy?
PLS make Tekians playable race. fix shipcanons!

Tuesday, February 16th 2016, 11:38am

BTW, is alchemy a good profession for first characters?

Definitely not. In order to unlock second profession you have to do a reputation quest using the first profession and alchemy is WORST BY FAR for doing that, because the ingredients you gather with alchemy are random.

You have to gather like few thousands of a certain herb (Potent Achillea) to do that and what you get is random. With other professions for the same quest you gather ore or cloth or leather which is much more deterministic to farm.

But definitely do take alchemy as second since it's the most useful of all professions.

And which classes are flashy (skills) in this game?

If you're looking for flashy, don't pick scout. It's one of the least flashy classes in the whole game. Just shoots or attacks, it has maybe one flashy skill (smoke cloud).
I'd say mage and psi are most flashy by far. Healer and bard are also pretty flashy.

And would any class be considered a bad pick for a first character?

Mage and Psi are a lot harder to play than other classes, so I guess they would be (incidentally these two are most flashy classes).

But all classes are going to be fully reworked with the next big update which will likely come in less than half a year, so anything you learn about your class before then will be useless.

This post has been edited 4 times, last edit by "Dala" (Feb 16th 2016, 11:52am)

Tuesday, February 16th 2016, 2:59pm

İf you want be fast and make long range dps you should start with engineer or scout .
Does not matter if ranged or melee
what is flashy?
Flashy is something stylish, which would be the equivalent of saying that a certain class has skills with a good amount of effects. For example, scouts have some flashy skills (Caltrops (at least i think that smoke cloud skill is caltrops for some reason) + Rain of Arrows). And what is INCASPELL?

Mage and Psi are a lot harder to play than other classes, so I guess they would be (incidentally these two are most flashy classes).

But all classes are going to be fully reworked with the next big update which will likely come in less than half a year, so anything you learn about your class before then will be useless.
I do not care much about dificulty. I like trying to improve anyways.
Where can i get to learn more about this rework that is going to happen in 7.0?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "user_7930867" (Feb 16th 2016, 3:06pm)

Tuesday, February 16th 2016, 4:07pm

first off ditch a profession^^ not needet to lvl your char and without it you save quite a bit of gold

also as a starterclass the best are without a doubt the pet classes summoner or warden cuz both have all 3 jobs at once tank,heal and dps so you can even solo bosses to a certain degree^^ also later on they are highly useful classes cuz summy is the best healer ingame and warden is one of the strongest dps classes

but if you also want to play with less money i would advice to warden cuz even without big runes its nice to play

Thursday, February 18th 2016, 1:05pm

azalin71

Trainee

first off ditch a profession^^ not needet to lvl your char and without it you save quite a bit of gold

also as a starterclass the best are without a doubt the pet classes summoner or warden cuz both have all 3 jobs at once tank,heal and dps so you can even solo bosses to a certain degree^^ also later on they are highly useful classes cuz summy is the best healer ingame and warden is one of the strongest dps classes

but if you also want to play with less money i would advice to warden cuz even without big runes its nice to play

I agree with Bluescarlet: summy or warden are really good starterclasses, for those reasons he mentioned.
I heard that in next major patch warden will take over the healing from the summies (and priests will still be 2nd heals). I dont know if its true though.

It is often mentioned, that you should pick the class that appeals most to you. Some player love being mage others prefer warrior. Its a lot about preference. This is sound advice also.

I agree with Bluescarlet, that professions are not needed for lvling.

I disagree about ditching it though.

Dont ditch a profession!

Even if you dont plan on lvling up the profession it can be a really good income. But for this you need to skip on alchemy as 1st choice.

Everyone will get crafting materials from killing mobs (leather and cloth).

But if you have leatherworking/blacksmith/weaponsmith/tailoring, you will also get craftmans chests. When you open these, they will give special ingredients corresponding to your crafting skill. You can either make good use of those special materials on this character or another one, or you can sell them for profit.

If you have more of those proffessions, they will give more special ingredients. For example if you have weaponsmith and tailoring you will get both tailoring and weaponsmith special ingredients, when opening craftmans chests.

If you dont have leatherworking/blacksmith/weaponsmith/tailoring/weaponsmith, you wont get those chests.

Also, the lvl of special ingredient is related to the quality of the craftsman chest and not to the lvl of your profession. So my lvl 65 reinc with lvl 1 tailoring will still get the best quality buttons when opening the craftsman chests from lvl 65 mobs.

All my reincarnations have unlevelled professions just for providing extra special ingredients from the craftmans chests.

Like Dala, I would recommend having alchemy as 2nd profession.

Picking weaponsmith or armor (blacksmith/leatherworking/tailoring) as 1st or 3rd depends on how much you are going to make use of it.

I would choose blacksmith/leatherworking/tailoring as 1st profession, becuase you can craft most of your items from those. You should pick the one that corresponds to your class: mage can use cloth so you should pick tailor, priests can use plate so choose blacksmith, scouts can use leather so choose leatherworking.

I would choose weaponsmith as 3rd.

As the game is now, it is of less consequense whether you choose weaponsmith or armorcrafting as 1st profession. That is because your main goal (for end game content) is to craft glyphs, and you can get all the glyphs you need from levelling just one profession (and from getting insignias to make them fit your needs).

I have no idea what would be best pick after next major patch.
Araanahn - Kanian Crusader - Warsong guild

Thursday, February 18th 2016, 2:01pm

I have no idea what would be best pick after next major patch.

Only things of substantial value that are gained with profession in 7.0 are amalgam (used to craft and refine gear) and a special kind of hammers (used to disassemble astral drops into crafting materials that are later used to craft gear). As far as I know, those hammers can be made with all professions other than alchemy.

Thursday, February 18th 2016, 2:20pm

If you are a newbie then go play an easy class :
- bard
- no-brain scout (i mean tesla & fire arrow scout)

Both are easy to play (but annoying like hell) and 2 button on skillbar (3 maxi)

And no-brain scouts are over-imba atm

The "real" classes are from my opinion, by order :
- psio
- engi
- mage and war (but both are boring to play in pve)
Zitat von »user_7930867«
your opinion on the scout

i have a scout and im astonished how much damage it makes even if u play it totaly wrong, it was the new noobclass since last majorpatch, u know for this damagedkiddies with no skills. ps: dont take gibberlings coz u need line of sight...
absolutely right :thumbup:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Lacrymoza" (Feb 18th 2016, 2:28pm)

Thursday, February 18th 2016, 2:49pm

IAmGroot

Professional

If you ever want an opinion about anything and you're asking on this forum...do yourself a favor and NEVER listen to ANYTHING Lacrymoza says.
He/She/It is just a big salty troll.

Thursday, February 18th 2016, 2:56pm

The person who are trolling is you (you are trolling me) so have a look on the mirror and/or use your brain before writing smthg , ty

Thursday, February 18th 2016, 3:10pm

IAmGroot

Professional

The person who are trolling is you (you are trolling me) so have a look on the mirror and/or use your brain before writing smthg , ty

Thursday, March 3rd 2016, 8:43am

Frakkerz

Trainee

My answer to this is

BARD

reason?
When you hit level 65 (or 70 soon), you will be virtually useless ok. FACT. But if you are bard, then you have all buffs, unlike each other class which only have 1 buff. Being a bard will make party finding a lot quicker because you will see messages like

LFM SEAL
LFM FERVOR

and sometimes

LFM FERO
LFM AP

but guess what m9, if you are bard
YOU HAVE ALL BUFFSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SEAL, FERVOR, FERO, AP, REGEN, mate go bard and shut up :')

Thursday, March 3rd 2016, 10:49am

My answer to this is

BARD

reason?
When you hit level 65 (or 70 soon), you will be virtually useless ok. FACT. But if you are bard, then you have all buffs, unlike each other class which only have 1 buff. Being a bard will make party finding a lot quicker because you will see messages like

Taking into account 7.0, bard and engineer fill the same role (group buffer/dispeller). Aura, Fero, Seal and Regen buffs are completely gone from the game and are replaced with entirely new buffs that are equally wanted.