You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, February 20th 2016, 1:57am

Steam?

The game is genuinely good, look at Tera, Knight Online, even RIFT. They all had pretty decent player surges by going on Steam, I don't know if the devs focus as much on this as Skyforge (heard they were the same company) but they should really consider putting Allods on Steam

Saturday, February 20th 2016, 3:31am

IAmGroot

Professional

but they should really consider putting Allods on Steam
http://allods.my.com/forum/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=10028

People don't read the forum before they post a thread...do they? =\
It's already been announced it's going to be on Steam.

Saturday, February 20th 2016, 3:33am

P
but they should really consider putting Allods on Steam
http://allods.my.com/forum/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=10028

People don't read the forum before they post a thread...do they? =\
It's already been announced it's going to be on Steam.
Oh, my bad, usually I check, but I was just installing the game and there is some crazy wind over here in Michigan, internet has been up and down like crazy, so I just kinda rushed the post :)

Also, I know this is derailment, but since I am for the most part a new player, is the game p2w for a free player? I sure hope not...

Saturday, February 20th 2016, 10:03am

Aionwen

Professional

is the game p2w for a free player?

nope, this game is p2w coz of freeplayers, thx guys.
PLS make Tekians playable race. fix shipcanons!

Saturday, February 20th 2016, 11:52am

Also, I know this is derailment, but since I am for the most part a new player, is the game p2w for a free player? I sure hope not...

Yes the game is p2w, but there exists a currency exchange where you exchange in-game gold to cash shop currency. The exchange rate depends on how much people exchange and which way.

If you want to play this game at serious level and 100% free, pray they launch a new server (like they did for RU version). If they do - prepare yourself for a solid dose of nolife at the VERY START. The first few days will be CRITICAL, because that's when currency exchange rate will be the LOWEST EVER. I'd advise you to pretty much play as close to 24h/day as you are physically able for the first week. Don't bother reading any quests, just push push push for max ASAP. If you are new to this game I'd advise you to play until max level on the existing server first just to get to know fastest ways to level (to gain advantage on new one).

If they don't release a new server you don't have to push this hard since the gold exchange rate won't change much, but you're pretty much screwed. You'll have to play for few years to reach even below-average status.

If you don't want to play 100% free, forget about the f2p server entirely and join subscription-based server. It's 21€ for 3 months and it's the cheapest by far option to play this game. This server doesn't have cash shop or p2w at all.

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "Dala" (Feb 20th 2016, 11:59am)