You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, March 29th 2014, 5:12pm

SinBadd

Beginner

• "SinBadd" started this thread

A Bard pve build I like

This has 66 Talent points and 60 rubies
PVE has great dps for mass aoe and single target. Some things can be tweaked surely, to make better but for new 5.0 astral it works great! http://pts.allodswiki.ru/calc/#!9!321.3.…UB!mahd/CBJAUJD and my skill setup hope the picture shows cause im to lazy to explaine 1 is first etc.....

Sunday, March 30th 2014, 2:10am

Is your build full dps? because, it has kinda much defense rubies..I mean I can tell you some tips if you want to make it deal more dps...Also Euphoria is an op energy ruby so most bards don't take these rubies out of their builds unless when it comes to pvp so I'd recommend them in PVE and there are some stuff as well like this rank 1 lullapy, do you really need it in astral? I mean most astral mobs are immune to such effects and it only works when mobs are higher than 90% hp or so..Also Octave rubies for power chord are good but how about you replace them with loud timpani rubies as it is 15% more damage to your AOEs so with Magic damage aura it's 30% more to your AOE...Another point is why would you value the physical damage rubies and the rock and roll rubies ( which no longer parry but lower CD of solo when you get CC ed..yes some tool tips are wrong in game so check patch notes and the Russian calculator translation) over the over all damage rubies like passionate performance and second fiddle...I'm just trying to help and stating my opinion so it'snot a problem if it doesn't make sense for you..After all everyone has his/her opinion and own playing style.Anyway good luck!
Hilver level 60 Kanian great skald.

Sunday, March 30th 2014, 3:28am

This build doesn't make any sense.

1. You say it's an aoe build but it doesn't have Timpani and still it has 3 rubies in it. And you have Cantata on 2 which also doesn't make sense and no rubies in improving it.

2. You don't have Protective Tune. I can't count the number of times this skill has saved my ass and not taking it isn't an option for serious players.

3.There are just so many rubies that should be taken but you didn't that I just don't have the will to count and explain them all at this late hour but seriously dude you should change this asap.

4. Stay tuned for my build which I'll post next week when I get greatness to see what you should be aiming for.
Fiddler - Bard - Avarice
Kulha - Warrior - Avarice

Sunday, March 30th 2014, 4:16am

1. You say it's an aoe build but it doesn't have Timpani and still it has 3 rubies in it. And you have Cantata on 2 which also doesn't make sense and no rubies in improving it.

2. You don't have Protective Tune. I can't count the number of times this skill has saved my ass and not taking it isn't an option for serious players.

3.There are just so many rubies that should be taken but you didn't that I just don't have the will to count and explain them all at this late hour but seriously dude you should change this asap.

4. Stay tuned for my build which I'll post next week when I get greatness to see what you should be aiming for.
Haha I didn't notice he had no timpani nor protective tune as I actually never thought a bard would throw these 2 awesome talents away..I focused more on his rubies..Well nice eyes. yes right he should at least have rank 1 protective tune and rank 2 timpani.

Sunday, March 30th 2014, 5:48am

SinBadd

Beginner

Unfortunately for right now until other aare able to do more dps by upgrading there gear yes i do take on defensive stats because if you are dead you don't do any dps . I took defense in armor and defense in aoe attacks against me because when i am in s1-3 i am doing 500k dps and others are doing between 30 -80k dps i am stripping agroe so once they can hold aggro i will lose these defensive rubies and take six other dps rubie slots . Thank you for the offer of assistance and if you have a pure dps build you would like to paste i would love it . This is what i will do once they hold there own: Bard full dps

Sunday, March 30th 2014, 5:53am

SinBadd

Beginner

Haha I didn't notice he had no timpani nor protective tune as I actually never thought a bard would throw these 2 awesome talents away..I focused more on his rubies..Well nice eyes. yes right he should at least have rank 1 protective tune and rank 2 timpani.

you are so right and let me apologise I was in such a rush i simply forgot to put timpani in the build make up although i do have timpani just forgot to put in the talent calculator The real build Full DPS bard

Sunday, March 30th 2014, 5:57am

SinBadd

Beginner

Thank you so much You know sometimes after playing for hours on end you just forget some things hope this is better and more accurate Bard full dps and protective toon sucks it does no good but this is only my opinion. to each there own i prefer dps not defensiveand i think you are incredibly short sighted there has not been a single person who can out dps me in my runs . I'll make you a deal i have lvl 8 and 9 runes if you want we can go astral and see who does more dps because if yours is better then I want your build!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "SinBadd" (Mar 30th 2014, 6:03am)

Sunday, March 30th 2014, 8:06am

Unfortunately for right now until other aare able to do more dps by upgrading there gear yes i do take on defensive stats because if you are dead you don't do any dps . I took defense in armor and defense in aoe attacks against me because when i am in s1-3 i am doing 500k dps and others are doing between 30 -80k dps i am stripping agroe so once they can hold aggro i will lose these defensive rubies and take six other dps rubie slots . Thank you for the offer of assistance and if you have a pure dps build you would like to paste i would love it . This is what i will do once they hold there own: Bard full dps
Yes right if you're dead you won't do any dps but if the tank is good he has good hold of aggro and if you know how to escape death situations using racial or so,you won't die even with the squishiest build...Bards don't wear leather instead of cloth for nothing..Also you talk about survival and yet don't have protective tune..Trust me this talent saves bards much time and that's what makes bards not get 1 hit killed most of time...There's also a little thing that you might consider..Those physical damage rubies,in order to reach them you used the rock and roll rubies which are more pvp since you need to get CC ed and in PVE you won't get CC ed a lot compared to PVP so how about you take menacing tune to reach there for more shadow damage (cantata damage and unison)? Anyway I understand some people like to have some tankiness in their builds even dps builds but the physical damage rubies..I really don't see them worth it as the only skills that use physical damage are raving blade and dancing blade and racial (assuming you have full flying blade rubies) and in PVE we use chords and songs and all of these hit magical damage so I prefer the physical damage rubies in PVP situations since you can focus raving blade most in PVP..Up to you though.Also a tip for defense: you have nocturne so shadow duette+ nocturne in emergency situations won't save you only but also can save the whole party sometimes..Your build is fine (except not getting protective tune) but it doesn't give you the full potential to unlock bard's full damage.I wanted to add 1 more thing, I checked the effect of expertise rubies on new stats and it increases determination which is a tank stat why? oh yes because, you need to get hit first so you can gain more damage from it and any DPS class should try to evade getting hit by mobs and because, more damage and healing=more aggro so if the tank lost aggro as your damage is high and you get hit (with high determination) ,this means your damage and healing will get higher making it harder for tank to regain aggro .I'm just giving you some ideas and stating my own opinion so it's up to you after all.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "yoyo_1560" (Apr 1st 2014, 10:50am)

Monday, March 31st 2014, 11:25pm

Dragagon_old

Unregistered

You have a lot of rubies that aren't very useful I.e the get cc'd reduced for solo but you miss the reverb rubies for an easy 6% DPS and euphoria a.a you essentially aren't fully maximizing your DPS D: Kk that is all I feel like commenting on atm

Tuesday, April 1st 2014, 1:20am

" i am doing 500k dps and others are doing between 30 -80k dps"

With this build :) Troll GTFO
Name: Kappa Server: Evolution Faction: Empire Guild: Ascendancy (Nezeb)

Discord: Kappa#0262

Twitch

YouTube

Tuesday, April 1st 2014, 1:25am

CatAsTrophy

Beginner

Occupation: In war it doesnt matter who is RIGHT, the only thing matters who is LEFT.

dude this is by far the best TROLL build I've seen for PvE......
where is the knowledge I gave u?
Bard : CatAsTophy lvl 60 - 7 blue items
Healer: QuisLina lvl 60
Psionist: Metapsionic lvl 58
Palladin: Kandura lvl 55
Summoner: Shinjumitsu lvl 55
Druid: Truixus lvl 43
Mage: Yerishira lvl 19

Tuesday, April 1st 2014, 6:05am

Dragagon_old

Unregistered

he means on those really big aoe pulls ok, you know the ones he starts early huehue

Tuesday, April 1st 2014, 8:43am

Blesnar

Trainee

yep! it's a TROLL!! BAHHAHAHAHAHAH!

The wounds will heal but Broken bones stay marked forever!!

Tuesday, April 1st 2014, 9:10am

Dragagon_old

Unregistered

Unfortunately for right now until other aare able to do more dps by upgrading there gear yes i do take on defensive stats because if you are dead you don't do any dps .
but then,
(...) hope this is better and more accurate Bard full dps and protective toon sucks it does no good but this is only my opinion. to each there own i prefer dps not defensiveand i think you are incredibly short sighted there has not been a single person who can out dps me in my runs .
What's your role, exactly? your talents and rubies are all over the place.
If you are being killed often while dpsing, your party is no good for you - find another.
Protective Tune is a must in every build, no discussion; not having it is making you die a lot more times than you should, regardless of your party.
Ideally, as DPS build, you should not bother with defense rubies at all. Bard is not a "squishy" class by any means: focus on your offense - unless you haven't got dual spec yet and are trying to mix in some PvP aspects, which you must not be because you emphasized this build as "full dps."

Essentially, you're wasting Talents with minimal increases from r2 to r3 (Timpani, Solo) but not increasing on relevant spells such as Muse (you didn't even upgrade Elegy to Cantata); taking up full Ruby sets with very slight impact on DPS (Octave Doubling, Rock and Roll) while taking only one or neglecting significant, always-in-effect rubies altogether (Melpomene, Reverberation, Euphoria, Second Fiddle, Menacing Tunes...).
Establish your priorities. Study your own style. A build - any build - is only a good as the knowledge - and comfort - of the player using it. Evaluate which spells, which rotations do you lean more on in your fights. Which are more in demand in those situations? which effect a more positive result? Which role you enjoy the most. You don't have to spend everything you have right off, either - fill out the essentials and go on trying and experimenting.

Good luck =P

Tuesday, April 1st 2014, 12:38pm

SinBadd

Beginner

Ok for the young people who want to troll GTFO But for those of you trying to help you are awesome and love the feedback. So maybey this one is better . I will not waste 6 talent points on protective toon only to get aditional 60k hp and 4 seconds of safety I see it as defensive. However after reading everything I think i will do this

Tuesday, April 1st 2014, 1:15pm

Man Protective Tune is there to save your life when you pull aggro and to give the tank a few sec to pull it back, it's also good for raiding where there's a lot of AoE and you would get 1shot.

Also get the Cantata boost rubies in stead of the Solo ones.
Fiddler - Bard - Avarice
Kulha - Warrior - Avarice

Tuesday, April 1st 2014, 1:49pm

Ok for the young people who want to troll GTFO But for those of you trying to help you are awesome and love the feedback. So maybey this one is better . I will not waste 6 talent points on protective toon only to get aditional 60k hp and 4 seconds of safety I see it as defensive. However after reading everything I think i will do this http://pts.allodswiki.ru/calc#!9!321.3..…/QEWMIOB!mahd/A

This 1 seems better but I have some things to say about this one:

1-you should rank up your muse instead of rank 3 solo and I can tell you even rank 2 solo is useless since each rank in solo increases it by 1 more tick so its 3 rubies are far better than ranking the talent itself up.

2- Instead rank 3 power chord which isn't a big difference from rank 2 ,I'd say get protective tune rank 2 instead.

3-Euphoria euphoria euphoria euphoria..How many times do I need to repeat it so I can convince you these rubies are awesome and very necessary for PVE?

4-I'd say get Modulation rubies for stronger cantata instead of octave rubies for power chord since modulation is more necessary and most bards know that.

5-Why would you get lullapy? I mean it's almost useless and is combat tune really worth wasting 3 rubies for it? I mean it's 15% energy reduction and CD reduction for raving blade which is a a single target + etude so it can easily be interrupted by CC or if you move specially when some mobs tend to AOE so you'll have to move much.

6-I'd say get a ruby in invigoration to reach melpomenes muse rubies instead of 1 protective tune and make solo rank 1 and encore rank 1 so you can afford rank 2 nocturne or requiem..Nocturne is very useful for parties specially when combined with shadow duette and gives you more sustain and survival so you can solo some elite mobs like wellebel mobs smoothly.Also with the help of invigoration ruby you can run 3 songs which increases the bonus you get from reverberation and euphoria and protective overtunes rubies and you can always encore it if you don't like it's CD.

7- The old expertise rubies no longer provide expertise but they provide determination now and yea it's a mistake in the game tool tips if you don't believe me check the patch notes and translate the Russian build calculator..I tried them even in game by taking these stat rubies alone and then I checked determination and found it got an extra ruby bonus in its description after I took the expertise rubies.Determination is a tank stat since you need to RECEIVE HITS first in order to get more damage out of it so I see it useless for DPS classes since they try to avoid receiving damage or am I wrong?

Finally like a week ago or so I posted my full PVE DPS build here on new Allods official forum and I like this build and have been using it even before merge ( I ofc improved it more by the time to make it deal even more DPS) so you can check it out if you want..May be it will inspire you with some ideas to improve your build..That's the link if you're interested:

http://en.allods.com/forum/index.php?pag…ad&threadID=562

Tuesday, April 1st 2014, 2:12pm

SinBadd

Beginner

Lullabye is very useful in astral as a great cc and also good in teps which we completed

Tuesday, April 1st 2014, 2:21pm

Lullabye is very useful in astral as a great cc and also good in teps which we completed
First of all if you wanna pick lullaby it's 1 ruby after all so up to you but mobs must be higher than 90% hp or so in order to have lullaby working on them and hitting the target will make the effect end faster and can be cast on 1 mob at a time as far as I remember and this is besides, many mobs (specially elites and bosses) are immune to lullaby and same can be said actually about romance and serenade in PVE.

Tuesday, April 1st 2014, 2:42pm

CatAsTrophy

Beginner

Occupation: In war it doesnt matter who is RIGHT, the only thing matters who is LEFT.

lullaby u should have in PvE build to cc 1 mob, later on u have 5 mobs in 1 group.... mage can MAYBE cc 2, then still u have 3 mobs to aoe, and that can be hard if its huge damage mobs.
so better have lullaby with u, to cc another.
further yes,take the rubies around aria ( cantata rubies).
Bard : CatAsTophy lvl 60 - 7 blue items
Healer: QuisLina lvl 60
Psionist: Metapsionic lvl 58
Palladin: Kandura lvl 55
Summoner: Shinjumitsu lvl 55
Druid: Truixus lvl 43
Mage: Yerishira lvl 19