You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, March 2nd 2016, 3:15pm

Hedroks

Beginner

• "Hedroks" started this thread

! Attention! Hello P2P Server

So...

Hey everybody!

Small intro. I played this game since it was still in Open Beta test (Russian server, autumn 2009) and I pretty much played on every major update (42lvl cap, 47lvl cap, 51lvl cap, 55lvl cap, 60lvl cap). So I know everything around and what I don't know I'll figure out quickly. I'm not a newbie, but a "fresh blood" if we are speaking about characters :rolleyes:

I'm considering playing on p2p server, I went onto the f2p server to check if the online is okay and so far what I saw was ok. How is the online here? How is the equipment progress developing? Should I switch to p2p? What other things should I know?

Also, where can I get a relevant talent calculator? All those calculators that I found were usually outdated or for the upcoming future updates.

Many thanks.

Wednesday, March 2nd 2016, 3:36pm

IAmGroot

Professional

Should I switch to p2p?

As someone who plays the f2p server, I am entitled to say, you should stay because there are ways of having fun without paying.
HOWEVER, as someone who has played this game long enough and read ALMOST every single thread on this entire forum... I am entitled to say the answer to your question is as follows:

If you have legitimate thoughts of playing on the p2p server and don't mind being a part of a group trying to grow a very low populated server, yes, the answer is a big YES. The server will more than likely end up saving you money and some frustration.

I typically try to stay out of the p2p forum, because I have not played the server and therefore don't have too much validity behind my posts other than what I have read, however, I do comment occasionally here when I see a reasonable opportunity to acquire more players to our gaming community.

I wish you the best of luck with your decision and if you decide to come to the f2p server, you can feel free to PM me about more information. :)

And now back to the p2p players information about all the other questions you have asked. :)

Wednesday, March 2nd 2016, 4:18pm

Marco

Intermediate

Thats a good comment from you Groot ;) You sometimes write pretty good for an Lord of the rings ent tree ;)

Taleron

Wednesday, March 2nd 2016, 4:54pm

I played this game since it was still in Open Beta test (Russian server, autumn 2009) and I pretty much played on every major update (42lvl cap, 47lvl cap, 51lvl cap, 55lvl cap, 60lvl cap).

Population is sadly very low. It seems there is some new players joining just now, but not nearly enough. It doesn't help at all that they don't have access to world chat and get the impression the server is even more empty than it is.

If you played on Russian server, you most likely know Russian and in that case you can join Russian P2P server. It has everything this server has plus lots of people. I'd much prefer you joined ours, but that's just reality ;( .

Wednesday, March 2nd 2016, 5:39pm

Eddy

Intermediate

Oh cmn , its not that bad population atm, just check how many german players is there.... Atm everyone is waiting for patch and that is it ... Some ppl just doing some irl things, instead of slacking in novograd (like me :P ) .. I am 100 % sure that popluation will be fine in 7.0
Russian p2p / leauge side / Ремпэйдж

Wednesday, March 2nd 2016, 5:50pm

Marco

Intermediate

Yeah ;) There is more than twice the amount of current pop waiting for 7.0

Wednesday, March 2nd 2016, 8:56pm

2 newbies starting today on the league side ;)

Wednesday, March 2nd 2016, 8:59pm

Eddy

Intermediate

Welcome guys :)
Russian p2p / leauge side / Ремпэйдж

Thursday, March 3rd 2016, 12:13am

Welcome guys :)
Thanks ;)

Thursday, March 3rd 2016, 8:42am

Quinz

Intermediate

And you might've seen me running around in Novograd shouting random stuff :D I've played on p2p now for like 5 hours only and already met several nice and social people (hi Eddy! ;)) Got a nice mentor too :)

(Name's Shalnye ingame)
“If you want to conquer fear, don't sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.”
-Dale Carnegie

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”
-Bernard M. Baruch

Thursday, March 3rd 2016, 8:53am

You should definitely try!

I'm seeing new faces everyday in the lvling areas (avilon/dragonring/yazes for example) on both league and empire side. And it should only get better the closer we are to 7.0.

Take some friends with you! :)

Thursday, March 3rd 2016, 9:30am

Quoted from "Hedroks"

I played this game since it was still in Open Beta test (Russian server, autumn 2009) and I pretty much played on every major update (42lvl cap, 47lvl cap, 51lvl cap, 55lvl cap, 60lvl cap).

Population is sadly very low. It seems there is some new players joining just now, but not nearly enough. It doesn't help at all that they don't have access to world chat and get the impression the server is even more empty than it is.

If you played on Russian server, you most likely know Russian and in that case you can join Russian P2P server. It has everything this server has plus lots of people. I'd much prefer you joined ours, but that's just reality .
Dala describes the reality ! yes maybe we have some few new Players but 20 new German Players makes not the Server full ! and i remember me ow many new player we had last year at this time when we change the eq ^^ it was teh same most ppl stay for 1-2 month and then see not enough population and leave ^^ ... it would be nice when we really have more ppl and yes maybe the ppl wait for 7.0 but in 3 weeks we see what happen or not .... but try P2p maybe you like it and you stay ..... now you have the best time for fast leveling up and can makes gold ava and insi ppl i think will help when you join guild .... so good luck and we see us ingame maybe ..

Who fights can lose, who doesn’t fight has already lost.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating.

Gott entzünde tief in Deinem Herzen
die Flamme der Liebe zu deinen Freunden,
wie auch zu deinen Feinden.

Thursday, March 3rd 2016, 3:52pm

As an old allods player who quited 3 years ago, i started playing at p2p server exactly one month ago. I can clearly say i feel better at p2p than i used to feel at f2p. After a month i have better mount, bigger bag compared to f2p, done some raids, got some gear and costumes etc. But you must know that even after several merges both servers have much less players than regional server i used to play and p2p has much more less people than f2p. Because of that for a whole month i couldn't join any skirmish rather than guild dominion fights and june catacombs (which happened a few times at most populated hours with our guild queueing same time to make it happen). Even goblinball doesn't pop much. So if you want to make a skirmish happen you have to make an effort for it, communicate with people, make them queue. I'm playing on empire side and i can say my guild (Utopie) is probably most active guild right now. We are doing raids some days( but as a new player i dont know how far they managed to reach at most) and most of the group activites (like astral hunt, anomalous sector and other new content farming things ^^). It might be different on league side since i think they have less people on their guilds. Don't get me wrong i'm not trying to make you join empire actually i want you and other new players join to league for the sake of competition. And as others said, population growing since i have started, with new players joining and probably will grow even more with 7.0 because some old players who gave a break will return to game. So imo we might get an okay amount of population but excepting a huge player base in short term is dreaming and for long term, it is only might be possible with better marketing i guess.
Long story short; p2p has a good potential but cant show it completely because of low population. I guess f2p isn't changed much rather than new content. If you know russian, i think joining russian p2p is best option for you ^^

Rate this thread