You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, March 13th 2016, 7:47pm

Addons of the Month

This is not a brag post. Just sharing useful information.

This is most likely unknown to people around here: Allods Team rewards addon authors with crystals every month if their submissions are recognized by the community.
Most important thing about it: YOU CAN RECEIVE THIS REWARD EVEN ON OUR VERSION.

There's three categories:

Regular awards.
Novelties of the month.
Updating of old addons.

I know this firsthand, because an addon I made for 7.0 (mainly for myself, but I decided to share it) was mentioned in the novelties category on the front page here:

https://allods.mail.ru/news.php?article=6550

In order to qualify for this you have to publish your addon on:

https://alloder.pro/

Didn't even know about this "contest".
Sad nothing like this has ever been officially announced here, could push people to do something nice ;(

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "Lioo" (Mar 13th 2016, 8:19pm)

Sunday, March 13th 2016, 7:54pm

Eddy

Intermediate

GZ dala, its so nice to have u around :D
Russian p2p / leauge side / Ремпэйдж

Sunday, March 13th 2016, 7:55pm

Lioo

Professional

Occupation: Software Developer, Allods Online Moderator, Cloud Pirates Moderator

Hey Dala,
sounds like a good Event i could run.
If there're some dedicated add-on devs among us, let me know that, and I'll launch such an event :)

- Mod Lioo

Sunday, March 13th 2016, 7:57pm

Hey Dala,
sounds like a good Event i could run.
If there're some dedicated add-on devs among us, let me know that, and I'll launch such an event :)

It is an event Allods Team runs. Apparently it runs continuously. Just no one told the international community players about it. It's very much possible to participate and receive this reward on our version (I did :D ).

I stumbled upon this by total accident. I tested new psionicist on the 7.0 PTS and found out not all crucial information is displayed in the interface, so I thought I make an addon to display it. Then I decided to share it on alloder.pro and BOOM some day I'm browsing the RU site and I'm mentioned on the front page. This was kind of a shock.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Dala" (Mar 13th 2016, 8:06pm)

Sunday, March 13th 2016, 8:17pm

Lioo

Professional

Occupation: Software Developer, Allods Online Moderator, Cloud Pirates Moderator

Quoted

Just no one told the international community players about it.
oh.. Also didn't know about that xd ...

Quoted

It's very much possible to participate and receive this reward on our version (I did :D ).
First oa gz ^^
Thanks for letting us know about that :)

Sunday, March 13th 2016, 8:24pm

Hello,

It is an event Allods Team runs. Apparently it runs continuously. Just no one told the international community players about it. It's very much possible to participate and receive this reward on our version (I did :D ).
I heard about this, but i thought it was a reward only for RU players.

Thank you for letting is know that everyone can get it, and grats on winning it !
Allods Online Discord
Check out the community chat
Choose EU in #language chan
----
Rejoignez la communauté sur le serveur Discord Allods Online
Clic sur le drapeau EU dans le canal #language

Friday, March 18th 2016, 3:39am

Erwyn

Trainee

such braggery :love:
/edit by Fayne: Please follow the Signatur Rules

Saturday, April 2nd 2016, 8:00pm

So, did you receive the crystals on our version? Because I still didn't receive mine, for reviving old addons.

Saturday, April 2nd 2016, 10:57pm

So, did you receive the crystals on our version? Because I still didn't receive mine, for reviving old addons.

I did. Although admin of alloder.pro contacted me about that first.

Friday, April 15th 2016, 10:55am

Intre

Trainee

Hey Dala,

I was wondering if the addon you made for psi could possibly work for engi. What i mean is that it would keep track of the timer left on all the possible machines out there so you can time when to use shield/explosion efficiently.

Friday, April 15th 2016, 11:10am

Hey Dala,

I was wondering if the addon you made for psi could possibly work for engi. What i mean is that it would keep track of the timer left on all the possible machines out there so you can time when to use shield/explosion efficiently.

Hah, literally just told him the exact same thing the other day!
Currently as far as I know, you can only track your devices decently if you have BuffAnnouncer set to friendly target (then there'll be a timer above your devices).
Would be nice to have an addon with list of active devices, their time left and if they were also marked.
Stargazer - P2P League
Hiren - P2P Empire

Friday, April 15th 2016, 11:11am

Hey Dala,

I don't really know how engineer machines work. If they have a buff with timer on them (like Phantoms) then that's a very simple change, if not there probably still exists another way to do this. I can actually modify it, so it's doing that for engineer. Also if I am to do that I'd like to know if there's any point targeting the engineer machines, because this kind of functionality could be added.

Friday, April 15th 2016, 11:16am

I don't really know how engineer machines work. If they have a buff with timer on them (like Phantoms) then that's a very simple change, if not there probably still exists another way to do this. I can actually modify it, so it's doing that for engineer. Also if I am to do that I'd like to know if there's any point targeting the engineer machines, because this kind of functionality could be added.

Each of them gets a buff on themselves of how long they last. The name of the buff also matches the name of the skill.
You don't have to target the devices as you always sacrifice the closest one, which is why markers would be nice to have on them.

Edit: This is how BuffAnnouncer marks them when friendly:

Something similar, possibly a little more detailed than just seconds and/or a progress bar would be great.
Stargazer - P2P League
Hiren - P2P Empire

Friday, April 15th 2016, 11:28am

Well that's something entirely different than what my addon does for psi. It just tracks their timers and hp bars on your screen.

Making something appear above them in addition looks like a reason enough to start a whole new addon project.

Rate this thread