You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, April 3rd 2016, 12:36am

Frakkerz

Trainee

• "Frakkerz" started this thread

7.0 Glitchys Gearing Guide

Hi guys and girls. 7.0 was released a few days ago and i understand there is a little bit of chaos with the completely new gearing system. So to help make this easier for you all i have created this guide. Feedback will be taken into consideration and i have not yet completed the final section so it is open for discussion :)

...beginning of guide...

Ok so this thread will talk about a few things:

1) Two types of gear.
2) Astral and Distortion
3) Crafting Gear
4) Buying Gear
5) Changing Stats
6) Reinforcing Gear

TWO TYPES OF GEAR

Firstly before we jump into any tutorial stuff this needs to be made very clear.
There is 2 types of gear in this game.

Stat-Redistributing and Stat-Bound
In the image below, you can see some gear have a yellow circular arrow sign on them... This means they are stat-redistributing.

Stat-Redistributing gear can ONLY BE CRAFTED. All gear from astral and distortion as well as those bought with magical dust... are stat-bound, and you cannot change these stats.

Stat-redistributing gear slots:
Head, Back, Chest, Legs, Feet, Ears, Shirt, Finger.
These items can change stats through transmutation.
These can be attained through crafting only.
These require keys to obtain materials.

Stat-bound gear slots:
Shoulder, Hands, Waist, Neck, Wrists, All weapons.
These items cannot change stats through transmutation.
These can be attained in astral and distortions and buying with magical dust.
These do not require keys to obtain.

To change the stats of stat-bound gear, you must replace the gear completely.

ASTRAL AND DISTORTION

Astral s1 and distortion will give an important loot item for crafting gear. This can only be attained WITHOUT HH.

Astral s2 will drop an upgraded version which has 150% efficiency compared to this item.

Astral s1 and distortion will also drop gear pieces. This does not matter if you have HH or not.

It is recommended that you find 57,000 gear score before using any keys and can be attained as described in my other post.

CRAFTING GEAR

The basic fundamental of crafting gear is [Combat Material] + [Amalgam] + Gold.
Crafting can be done from the old upgrade npc we are all familiar with.

How to get [Combat Material]
You will need [Combat Equipment Parts] from Astral s1 or distortion or [Reinforced Combat Equipment Parts] from Astral s2.

You will also need Tools which can be purchased from the old upgrade npc or the boutique or received from dominion.

Use the Tools on the Combat Equipment Parts to get the Combat Material.

Buy or Earn [Amalgam] from the free trader npc or otherwise and then proceed to craft the wanted gear.

Bare in mind that you can only craft a rarity of gear that you have access to.
For example, you can only craft blue gear once you have achieved 57k gs.

BUYING GEAR

You can also buy gear from the old upgrade npc with a resource called [Magical Dust]

To get this resource, you must convert your item [Magical Dust] to currency by right clicking it and using the 2nd option. You can also turn currency into Item the same way. Full flexibility.

This item can be bought from the free trade merchant.

Or received from using Tools on Gear or [Magic Staple]

CHANGING STATS

Here on the crafting window, is a little tab called "Transmutation", this allows you to change the stats of your gear.

Once you have selected the gear you want to change stats for, you can choose EITHER offensive or defensive change.

You will then be offered a few option to change it to - these are random i believe.

To proceed with this you must have ITEM version of [Magical Dust] and [Amalgam].

Each time you transmute an item, the efficacy percentage will go up (assuming you choose better stats).

REINFORCING GEAR

Reinforcing your gear, upgrades the gear to the next rarity.

To do this you need 1000 ITEM version of [Magical Dust] and [Amalgam].

This will allow you to craft and item which allows you to create reinforcement scrolls.

This scroll will upgrade your gear to the next rarity, keeping the same stats BUT THE EFFICACY % WILL RESET.

[image provided by Gibe]

-- End of Guide --

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "Frakkerz" (Apr 8th 2016, 7:12pm)

Sunday, April 3rd 2016, 9:58am

freestile

Professional

nice guide Glitchy thx very much for that ;) i hope it wont take me half a year to lvlup all my chars so that i can experiment this gear system one day x)

Sunday, April 3rd 2016, 10:01am

Thank you so much! You the real MVP :D

Sunday, April 3rd 2016, 11:45am

Is this consumed after use? It doesn't make sense if it is, since the price is higher than crafting an epic.

Sunday, April 3rd 2016, 12:21pm

No Idea and when you change the stats/bonus on a gear is it set for each piece or is it random what appears as i changed to holy damage, from double attack as holy damage increases summoners damage in abilities and as a experiment i did it again and the same options were there so is it set or does it change?

Sunday, April 3rd 2016, 1:47pm

Just a question i crafter the magic ink but after what do i do ? I can't use it or do something with it :o

Sunday, April 3rd 2016, 2:06pm

Just a question i crafter the magic ink but after what do i do ? I can't use it or do something with it :o
You need 62k gs to unlock this craft.

Its 1.2k Combat materials. Same combat material price as epic items.

Sunday, April 3rd 2016, 2:11pm

You need 62k gs to unlock this craft.

Its 1.2k Combat materials. Same combat material price as epic items.
Did u figured out if it was worth or not ?

Sunday, April 3rd 2016, 3:29pm

Frakkerz

Trainee

• "Frakkerz" started this thread

When you use the scroll of reinforcement, you are upgrading your blue to purple. IT KEEPS THE EFFICACY PERCENTAGE.
If you don't use the reinforcement scroll and craft epic instead, you will have to do the entire transmutation process again.

Sunday, April 3rd 2016, 4:47pm

What is the fastest way to get 66k gs? For the price of epic, you could get 6 blues. I assume that 6 blues is more gs than one epic?

Sunday, April 3rd 2016, 7:42pm

Thank you for this beginners guide.

How do I manage to break through the 57000 barrier at first? Is it enought to equip some epics as your screenshot suggests or do we need to complete a certain storyline element?

Sunday, April 3rd 2016, 7:49pm

Thank you for this beginners guide.

How do I manage to break through the 57000 barrier at first? Is it enought to equip some epics as your screenshot suggests or do we need to complete a certain storyline element?
Yeah u need to craft the lvl 67 gear and equip them like on the screenshot

Sunday, April 3rd 2016, 7:53pm

Okay, so I need to craft the first blues, before I can travel to blue sectors?

Sunday, April 3rd 2016, 7:55pm

Okay, so I need to craft the first blues, before I can travel to blue sectors?
Nah u need to craft epic quality and then equip them and u will have 57K gs

Sunday, April 3rd 2016, 7:57pm

Thanks a lot for this clarification. I'll try that.

edit: crafting and equiping epic items (like from leatherworking and other professions) does not increase your equipment score

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Cali" (Apr 3rd 2016, 8:08pm)

Monday, April 4th 2016, 1:15am

Pochtron

Intermediate

There is a major misunderstanding about the GS displayed above your char.
It is not your current GS, but the "max GS you char reached at some point".

To break 57k barrier, one way to do it is like follows :
- equip all the green 71 you got from the chest in Shore City or in Astral Academy later
- equip the best looted green 71 gear (i.e. the one with most efficacy %) from s1 green or distortions. Do these on helping hand coz there is no point spending keys in green

You will need to go green s1 or distortion until the gear you loot has enough efficacy % to increase your GS enough to break that 57k.

Shortcuts can be using crafted epic 66 gear for the loot-gear spots only, or uncursing green 71 items with high (>90%) efficacy - weapons work nice, necklace too.

This whole part seems very fuzzy as we don't know really which is our actual GS. Given the first 71 are green, some 70 blue or even lower epics (like crafted ones) can increase GS.

Rule of a thumb : every piece of gear you come across, equip it at least once, then put back other stuff if you like it better.
Seems the "max GS" formula remembers the best gear (according to its rules, which we don't know) you equipped once in every gear spot to compute the GS displayed above your head.

Monday, April 4th 2016, 5:39pm

Pochtron, thank you! Finally someone who seems to have a clue about this. Also: This system looks utterly newbie-unfriendly to me, given that the gearing up is central to getting a grip on the game.

Wednesday, April 6th 2016, 4:09pm

yes, sorrily this system is too complex and will drive away casuals and begginers from the game. alot of ppl's don't want to mess with complex systems and I think the old system was much better and easier.

Wednesday, April 6th 2016, 4:40pm

1st: thanks for the guide, its a valuable contribution!

----------------------

i think once you have understood this system its easy
but the questions is are you willing to make the effort to understand it first...?

im still uncertain whether to gear this season or not and will take more time to decide
waiting for 7.1 where its possible to get max gear as a singleplayer also seems a good option...
also, im a trifle annoyed that we did not get the assaultarmor while the old gear was still worth something and while we still had mana

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Apr 6th 2016, 4:59pm)

Wednesday, April 6th 2016, 4:49pm

@ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER its already possible to gear without other its called distortions^^ you just get a bit less loot than astral s2 so should be perfect for you^^ also while gearing you actually generate gold instead of spending it nowdays :D