You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, March 31st 2014, 2:36am

Connecting to Server Stuck at 64%

I have been attempting to connect to New Frontiers all day today, and the same thing happens every time.
I see the load screen, with a message that says "loading resources" near the progress meter, and "connecting to server" in the top left corner.
The progress meter zooms to 64%, then stops dead.
Nothing further happens. At all. No matter how long I leave it to load.
At first, I thought the server might just be down, but that's not what the message I get when I check server status says. Every time I've tried to connect, the server status indicator is green.

Any idea what's up with the server?

Monday, March 31st 2014, 2:45am

Hello,

Is your game totally downloaded ?
Have you try to look at your firewall settings ?
Do you launch the game in administrator mode ? (right click on the launcher icon and choose admin mode).

Which launcher do you use ? My.Games or Allods Launcher ?

Were you able to play the other days since the transfer and the merge ?
Allods Online Discord
Check out the community chat
Choose EU in #language chan
----
Rejoignez la communauté sur le serveur Discord Allods Online
Clic sur le drapeau EU dans le canal #language

Monday, March 31st 2014, 3:38am

Hello,
Is your game totally downloaded ?
Have you try to look at your firewall settings ?
Do you launch the game in administrator mode ? (right click on the launcher icon and choose admin mode).
In order: Yes, yes, no
Which launcher do you use ? My.Games or Allods Launcher ?
My.Games
Were you able to play the other days since the transfer and the merge ?
Yes. In fact, I've leveled two different characters since the transfer/merge. Today is the first day I've had this problem.

Monday, March 31st 2014, 9:18am

OK. Update. I have tried launching in Admin mode, and have tried using both the Allods launcher and the My.com launcher.

The Allods launcher doesn't even get me to the login screen. It freezes on "updating". The My.com launcher continues to get me to the 64% mark on the progress meter.

Monday, March 31st 2014, 9:45am

Further Update: By deleting my installation AND the kit file, I forced the my.com launcher to download the most recent update (an updated it insisted didn't exist until I deleted everything). Once it installed that, I was able to log in.

So, the problem wasn't with the game, it was with the update mechanism. The launcher needs to retrieve the most recent version of the client whenever there is a version mismatch, and not continue telling the player that the old one (In this case, the March 21 installation, after the March 27 installation was available) is the current version.

Monday, March 31st 2014, 4:54pm

Hello,

Further Update: By deleting my installation AND the kit file, I forced the my.com launcher to download the most recent update (an updated it insisted didn't exist until I deleted everything). Once it installed that, I was able to log in.

So, the problem wasn't with the game, it was with the update mechanism. The launcher needs to retrieve the most recent version of the client whenever there is a version mismatch, and not continue telling the player that the old one (In this case, the March 21 installation, after the March 27 installation was available) is the current version.

Thanks for update !
I had no more idea after your messages.

What you are explaining make me think of something :
http://fr.allods.com/forum/index.php?pag…ad&threadID=949
(its in french first, but quote is in english)

This may be one solution too, for those who are stuck.
Allods Online Discord
Check out the community chat
Choose EU in #language chan
----
Rejoignez la communauté sur le serveur Discord Allods Online
Clic sur le drapeau EU dans le canal #language