You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, March 31st 2014, 3:24am

Gear headache from hell!!!!!

I came into the latest expansion of AO thinking my old gear would be outdated right out the gate. After considering the upgrader system i see why it wouldn't be likely because of new players and the gear gap that would cause. When I reached level 60, I figured 'of course any one piece of astral gear will outdate my myth gear.' Again this was not the case?? So to get effective gear I figured I'd go farm the rep quest in Umoir, because most of the people I inspected had this gear and i just figured 'Of course thiiiisssss gear is better than my current myth so without testing (call me an idiot, I do) i just tossed all my old myth to vendors to help pay for an earring or something along with the entire set I just purchased(also i considered the bag space required for rep gear/astral/former myth gear(also rep gear has multiple stats)). Now, after talking with a palladin friend of mine and discussing stats, I've realized that the Myth gear may have been better as it gives him 180k more hp, and in some cases, 100%+ more damage. Simply. WHY DOESN'T THE NEW GEAR OUT WEIGH THE OLD GEAR IN EVERYYYYYYY WAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!! or if someone could maybe explain why the rep gear is actually better, that would be dandy =)

moved to General discussion,
-Wraith

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Wraith02" (Mar 31st 2014, 11:55am)

Monday, March 31st 2014, 6:37am

frstfire

Beginner

My response will be short and sweet, that is why every patch I compare every piece of gear and store astral gear from prior patch in my bank until I know 100% gear I am wearing is better. Beginning of 51 started same way, some green gear was better, other gear wasn't better until blue.

Long story short, if you get your hands on 57/58 epic crafted gear is best gear in game until epic astral gear so spend your gold (or crafting supplies) on getting your hands on those right now.

Cheers!
~Demlock
Demlock's Summoner Guide - Click Here

Monday, March 31st 2014, 4:01pm

New gear does outweigh old gear in every possible way. Check out level 58 epics. They outweigh level 60 greens and blues. Will be replaced by level 60 epics when people make those.

If you're behind with your glyphs, you can upgrade those while working on your level 60 gear set as well. In the previous patch, you had 20 keys for astral to burn on gear or glyphs. Now the two are entirely separate, so you can catch up on glyphs without sacrificing progress on level 60 gear.
Colin Quinn Recipe for success/dinner. 1/2 cup of brass you know whats, a tablespoon of I don't give a care, and a pound of get off my back, jack!

Monday, March 31st 2014, 4:29pm

Some suggestions on how to properly progress in your gear would be nice for new max level people.

Monday, March 31st 2014, 7:51pm

Well it seems to me that we're going to be in rep/crafted gear for weeks, maybe even months will we have the first tier of just blue gear updated and this is the part that just blows my mind. If the intention was to only have one tier, that being the astral blues, then this makes perfect sense. but knowing AO it will prolly go up another couple tiers, and ironically slowing down the sytem of upgrading will only hurt new players way more in about 2 months from now. The entire upgrading system seems like to much now. I need gold more than anythng, and i usually never go virtually broke in an mmo XD I went to amalgam and got 100 pieces of 'enriched amalgam solution', which sounds awesome but its not. it does 20% better than regular amalgam, but the catch is it takes the 100 pieces+4 amalgam to make one enrihed amalgam!!!!!!! I mean I guess its better on the gold requirements for the Anvil now but 20%......you could be horrible at math to see that 20% compared to 4 other amalgam is crapppppppp. Come on Devs, the stat system is amazing, the gameplay unique, but make the game not require 40 hours aof playtime a week even if you pay n play.

ANNDDDD DEMLOCKKKKKKKK i made an imp to talk to you a while ago and everytime i get on your offline!!!! this is madness!!!! idk if you even remember me lol

Monday, March 31st 2014, 7:53pm

oh and Rekenber, crafted gear is the best. Save gold/buy gold and youll have best gear in game with about 40-60k

Monday, March 31st 2014, 10:51pm

reeah19

Intermediate

get epic crafted gears, astral gear at this current drop rates gonna take months to blue lol... i did 4 runs and didnt even got a single piece i can use... so imo upgrading gear will take years...
Fireofdeath -70 - demonologist
Puffypuf - 65 - furball warden
Rensy - 65 - paladin
Akyrra - 70 - psionicist healer
Turquiose - 60 - bard
Springfull - 60 - mage
FoxBee - 31 warden

Monday, March 31st 2014, 10:53pm

frstfire

Beginner

Of course I remember you Veni ^^ I might be on tonight (9pm-ish eastern USA time). I don't have a usual Allods schedule at the moment so just helping out in forums for now when I have down time hehe. :thumbsup:

Monday, March 31st 2014, 11:00pm

Dragagon_old

Unregistered

get epic crafted gears, astral gear at this current drop rates gonna take months to blue lol... i did 4 runs and didnt even got a single piece i can use... so imo upgrading gear will take years...
You farm wild shore , for uncommon loot , then you build your base set from the drop you get (or you can buy them if you want spent the gold)
With the uncommon loot you can buy UPGRADERS from the NPC there. Then once you farmed all your uncommon loot 6500/0 you use your refractors (best are epics or legendary ones if you are strong enough) get them to increase loot to 100% no less. Then travel in astral with strong group prefer double heals Healer nd Summoner and a mage for CC (New astral is harder but much more fun) try to farm sector 4/5 and use the refractors on chests you get from bosses which will increase the drop by 100% .

As for how long will it take you ? 2 months you will be full epic .

Also another tip use Myth 52s on gloves/wrists/waist 60s blue astral weapons rest EPIC CRAFT until you upgrade your astral to epics.

Tuesday, April 1st 2014, 1:09am

reeah19

Intermediate

yea with epic refractors i got 0 usefull drops LOL.......
and from wellebelle only 2 in 13kloot, if u consider this normal... gearing at 4.0 was kinda decent compared with this, so consider this 4 runs and 13k drops and only 14% wand upgraded... idk how you consider this ok, at this speed will take 2 months only for wand... :|

new astral is impossible for anyone with runes lower than 6, not to mention geared with greens from wellebelle, we went with 2 summoners+1fh and was a mess in zalesky posad, and no one had runes lower than 7, that last boss is the boss from hell lol

now go buy my crafted epics from AH <3. rawr

btw what i was looking for was Anger Wand :(
Rensy - 65 - paladin
Turquiose - 60 - bard
Springfull - 60 - mage
FoxBee - 31 warden

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "reeah19" (Apr 1st 2014, 1:21am)

Tuesday, April 1st 2014, 1:19am

Guza

Intermediate

No, I think ill rather quit the game yet again. Call me back when all this gets fixed @_@

Tuesday, April 1st 2014, 1:37am

Its still all about luck i went s5 and got 1 drop for me and i went s1 and got 4 drops for me so you never know:D

Tuesday, April 1st 2014, 1:43am

Dragagon_old

Unregistered

No, I think ill rather quit the game yet again. Call me back when all this gets fixed @_@
Agreed, it was amusing for 7 day's now time to un-install again.

Tuesday, April 1st 2014, 1:47am

frstfire

Beginner

You doing it wrong then :P get epic crafting first and have fun with pve and pvp until you get the astral gear. Sure it will take a while, but the game would be too boring if it was super easy and quick to get max gear every new patch. But if you insist on un-installing only thing I can say is look forward to seeing you next patch! ^^

Tuesday, April 1st 2014, 1:58am

reeah19

Intermediate

pvping is really nice now since we're all ungeared :), im having fun in df and wh, really like that it pops so much , on na was a pain to wait but now it great
Rensy - 65 - paladin
Turquiose - 60 - bard
Springfull - 60 - mage
FoxBee - 31 warden

Tuesday, April 1st 2014, 2:10am

Dragagon_old

Unregistered

Oh no you misunderstand. The reset is great, and if we could stay epic gear it would be awsome. I would que skirmishes until I get my last relic, but that will be in 3-4more win's then it's completely reliant on Nerd-Core activity which has no luster to it. There are plenty of player's who LOVE spending month's, and year's playing to get top gear/anything else, not me. As reah said, the PvP (Game) is incredible at this time. Just won't last long.