You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, April 18th 2016, 1:24am

Paladin tank vs warrior tank

I'm considering making a tank for endgame PvE content, but I'm not sure which one I want to play. I know they're both competent, but what are their pros and cons? Any help would be great!

Monday, April 18th 2016, 2:32am

Ringelblume

Intermediate

Both are very nice...
I am playing Paladin and I am happy. Why? ...Because Paladin is/was totally underrated. Before patch came you could read everywhere that warrior is super tanky and op, but paladins are "weaker" and squishy. I had some problems at the beginning, but I managed to figure out how to play paladin.

Paladin in endgame PvE content is a group-support tank.
Now you have 4 Barriers.
You can heal whole party. (Barrierskill + Holy Ground + Tear Spell)
You can buff "defense" very fast. (I can do that every 7 seconds at the moment - Defense = 35% less damage taken- for whole party)
You can give yoruself and your teammates shield. (Shield - the blue bar above HP bar- The more damage you get the bigger shield you can give)
For most of your attacks you get shield. (Shield - the blue bar above your HP bar)
You have a skill that gives whole pt a shield of 50% of your HP for 5 seconds. (For me it would be 3,1 million shield for whole party)
The Kanian racialskill gives whole pt a shield of 10% of your HP for 5 seconds.

The mainstat of Paladin is "Swiftness". Swiftness reduces the cooldown of MOST of your skills. That means you can spam your barrierskills if your swiftness is very high.

Best example why Paladin shouldn't be underrated is the last boss of Fraktal. We had a warrior and a paladin tank. The party with the Paladin got like almost zero damage while the group with the warrior always got damage. Boss hits for like 1 to 3 million. So lets say I get 1 million, 2 million and a 3 million hit from the boss. I use first barrier skill that reduces damage of every barrier by 20%, heal me for the damage and combine the rest into one barrier, so I have 4,8 million damage in first barrier. I use next barrier skill which empties whole barrier and give whole party 50% of the damage as a shield. -> 2,4 million for whole party...

On the other hand Paladin is very hard to play. Maybe some people will laugh, but for a new player it's very complicated. You have to be concentrated and always check your barriers. You will die fast if you fuck up your rotation. I heard from a lot people that they don't understand the Paladin. ;( So many people are hyped from the warrior that they forgot that Paladin has its potential.

pros
- tanky
- a lot group support
- extensive

cons
- hard to play (many skills) - also you can fuck up build easily
- new canon system can be complicated
- no spin2win
Мелоетта(Paladin) /Милоетта (Mage)
Server: Russian P2P
Fraction: League

Monday, April 18th 2016, 3:28am

Thanks for the info! Paladin does sound like a great choice, supporting your team AND being tanky does appeal to me greatly.

Monday, April 18th 2016, 12:50pm

Lioo

Professional

Occupation: Software Developer, Allods Online Moderator, Cloud Pirates Moderator

Hey,
I'm plain' the warri tank and must admit the hype is real xd
But don't forget, as ringel already mentioned, the warri tank also has its pros and cons.

First of all, the warri tank as one big barrier, damage received gets stored into that barrier.
Every second the warri tank receives a bit % of that dmg.
My barrier can store about 25M dmg (it depens on ur max HP). If the barrier reaches its maximum the warri tank automatically dies a horribly and insane death xd
The warri tank has some skills to greatly decrease the stored amount of dmg (by 1.5M and 30% of maxlive; in my case 30% of 6.5M HP leads to a reduction of about 2M) and also has a small reduction on some other attack skills. Besides that there're some skills that temporally greatly decrease the amount of dmg received.

Due to the vicious spin, a warri tank almost never looses group aggro, but on the other side it's kinda hard to keep the single target aggro without using a taunt skill.
Speaking of which, the warri has a single target and also a aoe taunt. Using some certain skills also greatly increases the aggro on a single target.

Pros:
- spin2win => perfect aoe aggro
- great barrier + many dmg reduction skills
- easy to understand

Cons:
- bad single target aggro due to quite low dps
- no group support

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Lioo" (Apr 18th 2016, 12:57pm)

Monday, April 18th 2016, 1:44pm

Ringelblume

Intermediate

forgot to add the heal barrierskill >.< ...

It's "Overcome" with the upgrade from the rubies. "Overcome" reduces the highest barrier by 50% and add the rest as damage to your HP. 30% of the reduced damage you get as heal and 60% of the reduced damage your teammates get as heal.

So let's say you have 3 million in the barrier. You use Overcome and you get 1,5 million damage while healing yourself by 450k and all your teammates by 900k.

In Fraktal or S2 I am always around 90k - 125k HPS ... as Tank ! :pinch:
Мелоетта(Paladin) /Милоетта (Mage)
Server: Russian P2P
Fraction: League

Monday, April 18th 2016, 3:29pm

well i would say pally is more tanky than warr but from point of view as heal warr is more pleasent to heal cuz you see more directly how much dmg comes in

cant say much about dmg but i think pally is also stronger there (at least what i see from tanks) but what i notice is warrior has problems holding aoe aggro quite a bit if you have a good grp -.-

Monday, April 18th 2016, 4:32pm

azalin71

Trainee

forgot to add the heal barrierskill >.< ...

It's "Overcome" with the upgrade from the rubies. "Overcome" reduces the highest barrier by 50% and add the rest as damage to your HP. 30% of the reduced damage you get as heal and 60% of the reduced damage your teammates get as heal.

So let's say you have 3 million in the barrier. You use Overcome and you get 1,5 million damage while healing yourself by 450k and all your teammates by 900k.

Dont you mean 9 M - 12.5 M hp?
Araanahn - Kanian Crusader - Warsong guild

Monday, April 18th 2016, 4:49pm

IAmGroot

Professional

HPS = Heals Per Second...so I would assume he's not healing for 9,000,000-12,500,000 per second or I want to run with this guy as my tank considering he'd never die....

Monday, April 18th 2016, 5:38pm

azalin71

Trainee

HPS = Heals Per Second...so I would assume he's not healing for 9,000,000-12,500,000 per second or I want to run with this guy as my tank considering he'd never die....
Aaah, heals per second. That explains it. Ty IAmGroot.
(I mean hp = hit points)
Araanahn - Kanian Crusader - Warsong guild