You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, April 18th 2016, 6:08am

A Guide to Stat Values

Khanjali here. This guide is to help those who are wondering how viable stacking a certain stat is. With all of the new stats available, it may be confusing determining which stat is more useful to you or whether you should work with a certain stat.

This is not a guide about what the best stats are.
This guide is primarily to show how much each point of a certain stat is worth. I do have some points to make about certain stats, but those are simply opinions.

Note: all calculations are error checked by Wolfram Alpha. Since the game rounds up values all results are rounded.

Offensive Stats
Proficiency: 1 point = 0.10% increased damage and healing
Determination: 1 point = 0.0015% increased damage and healing per Determination value
Brutality: 1 point = 0.002% increased damage and healing per % health lost on the target
Critical Chance: 1 point = 0.1% increased Critical Chance
Critical Damage: 1 point = 0.2% increased Critical Hit Damage
Double Attack: 1 point = 0.1% chance to cast abilities twice
_______ Damage (They are all the same): 1 point = 0.17% increased _______ damage. Increases healing by 0.1%
Fury: 1 point = 0.25% of your damage leaves wounds.
Swiftness: 1 point = 0.1% reduced cooldowns.

Defensive Stats
Vitality: 1 point = 0.1% increased health
Willpower: Note: This is the only stat with diminishing returns.
Duration of Crowd Control effects you need to endure before immunity kicks in:
1 point = 32 seconds
5 points = 21 seconds
10 points = 18 seconds
20 points = 15 seconds
50 points = 12 seconds
100 points = 9 seconds
120 points = 9 seconds
150 points = 8 seconds
200 points = 7 seconds
Bloodlust: 1 point = Heals you for 0.06% of damage dealt and 0.02% of healing dealt
Survivability: 1 point = 0.1% increased healing and absorption.
Caution: 1 point = When health drops below 40%, damage taken is reduced by 0.1%.
_______ Protection (They are all the same): 1 point = reduces damage taken by _______ element by 0.05%. Increases Willpower by 0.6.
Conviction: 1 point = 0.10% reduction in movement impairment effects. Movement speed increased by 0.05%.
Sustainability: 1 point = reduces damage by 0.2% when under a control effect.
Concentration: 1 point = receive an absorption shield that is equal to 0.05% of your damage dealt or healing.

And that’s basically it. You’ll never see any of the special stats gain at just 1 point increments, but this is a good idea to see how much stat each one of those points (and partial points) provide. If you want more information about how these calculations work, don't hesitate to ask.

This next section can be skipped. There are a number of stats that have had discussion over their use discussed elsewhere in the forums, and I’d like to throw my hat in the ring. This seemed like the best place to do it as this is basically a discussion on stats.

Thanks for reading the above guide, and if any of the discussion below interests you, or I screwed up math somewhere, let me know.

Monday, April 18th 2016, 6:09am

Specific Stat Discussion

Bloodlust:
Bloodlust is notable for its’ excellent returns upon being stacked and being overly hyped as an amazing stat. It is, but Bloodlust is not as strong as initially thought. DPS classes gets the most out of Bloodlust since their higher damage output means greater return on health. But Bloodlust loses its’ value when you’re not taking damage, and the second job of DPS is avoiding damage. Ideally, you want enough Bloodlust that it can help you recover from a minor mistake, but it shouldn’t be the primary defensive stat to go for.
Well, what about Bloodlust for Healers and Tanks? For Healers, it’s very much the same as for DPS. For Tanks, you get less out of the stat since you aren’t dealing significant amounts of damage, and it’s better to invest in stronger damage mitigation rather than self-healing.

The main point behind Bloodlusts’ lesser importance is that it is not Effective Health. Effective Health is your total health plus any additional shields/bonuses that prevent its’ reduction (this may have a different name elsewhere) . Bloodlust is simply healing. It won’t go beyond the upper limit of your health pool. Building up armor and defenses, a la “_______ Protection” stats, benefits Effective Health, but isn’t a great investment for DPS.
So, what is?

Concentration. And this isn’t just for DPS, this is for Tanks and Healers as well. The lengthy description of Concentration fails to include that the absorption shield stacks, and thus can generate a fairly strong shield. But Concentration isn’t strong on its’ own. Survivability will further strengthen Concentrations’ shield. With this, DPS and Healers have a method of generating quite a bit of Effective Health, and Tanks have an extra avenue of reducing incoming damage.

Brutality and Determination:
Brutality and Determination have lost their value with the introduction of the special stats. Their reliance on being built up over time is the opposite of the other skills, which provide immediate bonuses. Classes that focus on Double Attack or Swiftness could work with Determination since they’ll be able to generate it quickly, but most gear pieces can roll both of those stats and you want your class’ chosen one since certain rubies have boosted effects when stacking class-specified stats.

Willpower:
Willpower is important for PvP, but because it is the only stat that has diminishing returns it is not necessary to stack it highly. Once you reach 100 points, you will lose value attempting to stack Willpower higher.

Monday, April 18th 2016, 7:56am

Ghost

Trainee

Fantastic, thanks. I did have a question though.

Around the RU forums, I noticed that players kept mentioning a soft cap on stats over 500 (namely Swiftness, possibly introduced in 7.1 but could be in this patch now). You mention Willpower having diminishing returns as well. Do you happen to know if any other stats experience diminishing returns when over 500?

Monday, April 18th 2016, 1:17pm

Lioo

Professional

Occupation: Software Developer, Allods Online Moderator, Cloud Pirates Moderator

Willpower kick in time in a graph:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Lioo" (Apr 18th 2016, 1:23pm)

Monday, April 18th 2016, 3:19pm

Mhuldoon

Professional

Hey there,

Just wanted to give thanks & compliments for putting it forward, very handy to have this on tap - great work!

Regards,
Mhul

Monday, April 18th 2016, 4:07pm

Fantastic, thanks. I did have a question though.

Around the RU forums, I noticed that players kept mentioning a soft cap on stats over 500 (namely Swiftness, possibly introduced in 7.1 but could be in this patch now). You mention Willpower having diminishing returns as well. Do you happen to know if any other stats experience diminishing returns when over 500?

I believe there's diminishing returns above 500 on most stats. Early on it's not that much noticeable, but as far as I know 1000 Swiftness is supposed to give 70% cooldown reduction.
It's similar on every secondary offensive stat, but as far as I know Determination and a few others scale differently - however I can't confirm as I haven't tested it myself.
Stargazer - P2P League
Hiren - P2P Empire

Tuesday, April 19th 2016, 2:57am

It's not easy to determine where diminishing returns begin since it would require multiple people on our servers who have 500+ points in stats to post what their percentages are.

That's actually a good idea.

Anyone who has 500+ points in any stat, post a screenshot it here or send me a PM of the percentage value. If you can show multiple values around 500 too, that'd help in determining values.

Tuesday, April 19th 2016, 4:28am

No screenshot, but I can confirm Determination has little to no diminishing returns - at ~450 it's roughly 70% dmg increase with full det bar. At nearly 900, its about 140%.
-Macmillan/Aquaman

Tuesday, April 19th 2016, 3:20pm

rozetri

Intermediate

Just pair an Engineer in Support build with classes that have various secondary stat rubies, they usually will be stacking that stat anyway. Apply Treachery and they'll get bumped up +423 points. My assumption is that past 500 you will see crit chance, crit damage, double attack, and swiftness halve in efficiency per point, though I'm not too certain about crit damage. I CAN say that at 940-something swiftness, my cooldowns are reduced by ~71%, which falls in line with my assumption. This would also prevent a situation whereby you could go beyond 100% reduction, or 100% chance to crit or double attack.
IGN: Rozetri
Class: Xadaganian Great Avenger - Lv.75
Guild: Ascendancy (Valiance)
Server: New Frontier (Tensess)
Ship: IndigoSky

Thursday, April 21st 2016, 11:45am

Specific Stat Discussion
Willpower:
Willpower is important for PvP, but because it is the only stat that has diminishing returns it is not necessary to stack it highly.

Well, there's more to it; there are three Willpower caps, 350 and ~420 and ~500, because there's debuff that decreases your willpower by 350 by default, by ~420 if the debuffer is in support spec and by god knows how much (I believe its 450) if its mage with fully stacked... mage buff, whatever its called. If you have, say, 400 willpowah and get debuffed by support mage (they do it with fireball with huge AoE), then you'll actually get negative willpower and its will not only prevent willpower from stacking, but increase duration of control effects.

Also,if, say, 300 WP means you get immunity every 6s, and 400 WP means you get it every 5s, then there's no difference between 301 and 399 WP, it will still be 6s interval, because the meter is filled every FULL second of being controlled. But nobody actually cares to count the exact values, its either you have 450+ WP unbuffed or you dont. Obviously most classes will suffer in terms raw survivability if they reach such high values, so its up to the player (and his team if there is any) to decide whether to go for it or no.

Source: PvP experience on RU p2p server.

P.S. Yes, there is soft cap at 500 of secondary stat (but not damage types), but in 7.0 that is not much of an issue, the devs made the drop much more significant in 7.1. because of Treachery abuse. However, on EU the version is .64, there was no such a patch on RU, the last 7.0 patch was .58 so .64 includes some changes from 7.1, and stronger deminishing after 500 might be the part of it.

This post has been edited 7 times, last edit by "Tidehunter" (Apr 21st 2016, 1:02pm)

Friday, April 22nd 2016, 12:33am

Thanks for the clarification Tidehunter!

Saturday, April 23rd 2016, 6:12am

Ugh... This new stats really makes me confused a ton especially for me as Full Healer. Since stats are no longer used i think there is less point on how our build will be like before the new stats happened i often place my stats fully on Luck to prevent glancing blow on healing.

At least FH won't be too op for healing now but still.. I'm not well used for this new build environment..

Tuesday, April 26th 2016, 4:19pm

Quoted

Proficiency: 1 point = 0.10% increased damage and healing
_______ Damage (They are all the same): 1 point = 0.17% increased _______ damage. Increases healing by 0.1%

these 2 stats seem to be different for healing. even though it says they're the same, the tooltips are saying something else. :cursing:

for example

I used 3 of the strongest heals for druid. I was changing the stats of some blue pants I had (25.74) which should be 0.02574. I had some stat on them so I could see the heals without any modifier. Then changed them after and saw these changes.

heals without any modifiers

proficiency

elemental damage

physical damage

i know they come out as minuscule amounts on tooltips, but tooltips lie

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Nova" (Apr 26th 2016, 4:26pm)

Wednesday, April 27th 2016, 11:33am

IAmGroot

Professional

Umm...question...

Could double attack work well for healers? :o

Wednesday, April 27th 2016, 3:02pm

i think cleric is even build around double attack? at least the supp of them is no clue if fullheal too :D

Wednesday, April 27th 2016, 3:13pm

IAmGroot

Professional

no clue if fullheal too :D
Yeah it was more about full healers... Does the tooltip say it has a chance to cast a second heal?
Or...Idk what the tooltip actually is...
I just read the damn forums to try to keep up with the game for when/if i come back even though I'm not playing a whole lot atm.

Wednesday, April 27th 2016, 3:30pm

rozetri

Intermediate

Umm...question...

Could double attack work well for healers? :o
Double attack works okay for the actual Healer class, given they already have rubies for it and it lets them get more out of each used Fanat. The only annoying part of it is that every heal becomes a gamble as to whether it goes off twice or not. A bad run of luck means you could be stuck using up your last Fanat and not quite managing to do the job. On the flipside, double attack should pair well with high Brutality, meaning better heals for people that are at lower health, which is likely why Healers have those Brutality rubies. Double attack also means Healers give larger barriers and take fewer casts of their spam heal to gain more Fanat.

To bring up a point, though, I haven't run the numbers because I haven't been looking, but one might be able to make a case for avoiding double attack to get more consistent heals. If that's the goal, though, you're better off going Warden, which specializes in 100% crit healing and only further boosts it with crit damage in a guaranteed way.

[Edit]: And to tell you what double attack does, it provides X% chance of recasting a spell at no cost or additional time for 50% of its original damage/heal. Any additional effects or procs from both casts are considered individually, so it can potentially give more resources, stack more of a buff/debuff, etc. It wouldn't double timers, but that's to be expected.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "rozetri" (Apr 27th 2016, 3:59pm)

Wednesday, April 27th 2016, 4:42pm

IAmGroot

Professional

Interesting thoughts on that. That does make sense as your heals could be really quite inconsistent and also it leaves a lot of your heals up to luck to a degree on whether you're going to get a proc or not...

Can a secondary attack or heal do an additional secondary attack or heal?

So like 100% on initial hit, then the first double attack does 50% of the original 100%, then a third double attack does 50% of the first double attack's 100%...etc...?

Wednesday, April 27th 2016, 6:54pm

rozetri

Intermediate

To the best of my knowledge, you cannot multi-proc double attack. There is only the initial cast and the chance of a follow-up.

Friday, May 6th 2016, 10:57am

Question about survivability / Concentration:

It says for survivability "Increases incoming healing and damage, absorbed by shields, by x%"

Does it apply for the shield you get from concentration?