You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, April 21st 2016, 5:35am

Stealth Nerf to Exchange

The exchange got a stealth nerf, it used to be about 1bc = 1/10 copper increase in price but now it's 1bc = 4 copper.

Which is apparently why the exchange has been increasing at such an abnormally high speed as of late.

Thursday, April 21st 2016, 10:29am

I remember that 2 months before the 7.0 patch, you were able to get 3 bc with 1000 gold, so you would get around 10 bc for a gold symbol from KoE, 3 for each small symbol of gold from battlegrounds, and so on. after not even a month of the new patch, the proportion is the same as it was at the end of the last season: KoE gives 7500 gold, exchange rate is ~850 gold per 1 bc, so you get like 8-9 bc for a gold symbol from KoE now, and I repeat: IT HAS BEEN ONLY 3 WEEKS SINCE THE NEW PATCH. probably at the end of the patch you will get 2-3 bc for a symbol of gold. So everybody who says that we have to chill because the proportion will reset with each patch, STFU. It's already too late. The only way to solve this is to set a fixed rate each patch OR to have a different rate for each player(individual exchange rates- which means that it only grows if you use it, other players have their own, and they don't affect yours): Let's say that you create a new character(not reincarnation), the exchange rate should start for you from idk, 1 g, and it would grow fast, but you would still be able to farm a lot of bc before the rate would be too high, but still not enough, like, to be able to farm full lvl 7 runes and patronage lvl 5 and bag and a few other cs items, but not everything,just to be able to get on a straight road. And another thing, I have found myself a lot in the situation where I would have spent a lot more real money on sales if they would have been cheaper( wtf I spend 1000-2000 crystals on strongboxes just to get nothing? 3000 crystals for 30 strongboxes from which you can get nothing good. put them like 3000 crystals-100 strongboxes, I would spend a lot more because I would be sure I get something good from them, but MY team is too greedy and maybe too stupid to think about their future and this game's future. ok whatever, I already wrote too much.

Thursday, April 21st 2016, 10:50am

I remember that 2 months before the 7.0 patch, you were able to get 3 bc with 1000 gold, so you would get around 10 bc for a gold symbol from KoE, 3 for each small symbol of gold from battlegrounds, and so on. after not even a month of the new patch, the proportion is the same as it was at the end of the last season: KoE gives 7500 gold, exchange rate is ~850 gold per 1 bc, so you get like 8-9 bc for a gold symbol from KoE now, and I repeat: IT HAS BEEN ONLY 3 WEEKS SINCE THE NEW PATCH. probably at the end of the patch you will get 2-3 bc for a symbol of gold. So everybody who says that we have to chill because the proportion will reset with each patch, STFU. It's already too late. The only way to solve this is to set a fixed rate each patch OR to have a different rate for each player(individual exchange rates- which means that it only grows if you use it, other players have their own, and they don't affect yours): Let's say that you create a new character(not reincarnation), the exchange rate should start for you from idk, 1 g, and it would grow fast, but you would still be able to farm a lot of bc before the rate would be too high, but still not enough, like, to be able to farm full lvl 7 runes and patronage lvl 5 and bag and a few other cs items, but not everything,just to be able to get on a straight road. And another thing, I have found myself a lot in the situation where I would have spent a lot more real money on sales if they would have been cheaper( wtf I spend 1000-2000 crystals on strongboxes just to get nothing? 3000 crystals for 30 strongboxes from which you can get nothing good. put them like 3000 crystals-100 strongboxes, I would spend a lot more because I would be sure I get something good from them, but MY team is too greedy and maybe too stupid to think about their future and this game's future. ok whatever, I already wrote too much.

I think individual currency change would be really smart thing to do but lets be honest currency exchange is there because to shut peoples mouth up when they cried for p2w thing. The actual problem is if they fix it prices it will go insane in same day. There is some solutions that my.com can do it easly but is it gonna do? Nope this currency pushes people to buy crystals with money so why bother to fix it but as i said i love the idea that you find. :thumbup:
poot poot poot poot poot... POOTIE!! YOU'VE BEEN POOTED!!!

Thursday, April 21st 2016, 2:07pm

individual exchangerate would have to be locked to premiumcrystals
& it wont happen as its a mechanism to keep the ratio between free things and paid things; if they would make it individual they would lose a lot of $ as even the impatient would farm more

also, consider you get 2000 gold every day for nothing when opening daily astralchest, mobs drop more valuable loot, etc
and thats not you but EVERY player
battlegrounds are done a lot faster
astral/ singleplayerallods give a LOT more gold...

income is still OK, but prophticcards sale, as always, fu***s it up a bit
many players hope to get a scorpion, its an excellent mount for those who have only a griffon or flying carpet; ofc they try hard and invest every gold into compass to get it

usually after prophetic cards it goes down again; many players but gold for gear ...
we will see

i am also one of these who desire a LOW exchangerate

Thursday, April 21st 2016, 6:42pm

This isn't about the price of the exchange, it's about the fact they increased how quickly the gold price goes up when people purchase gemshards by a factor of 40.

Friday, April 22nd 2016, 12:38pm

Mhuldoon

Professional

Hello,

On the contrary, we have done nothing to the rate – it is solely based on player activity. However, this also means that it can be effected by the likes of goldselling sites and services (and we've had an influx of this activity out of the blue, which would explain a sudden spike).

Regards,
Mhul

This post has been edited 5 times, last edit by "Mhuldoon" (Apr 22nd 2016, 1:32pm)

Friday, April 22nd 2016, 3:01pm

rozetri

Intermediate

Hello,

On the contrary, we have done nothing to the rate – it is solely based on player activity. However, this also means that it can be effected by the likes of goldselling sites and services (and we've had an influx of this activity out of the blue, which would explain a sudden spike).

Regards,
Mhul
Mhul, I'm not sure you quite understand what he's saying. The game administrators have obviously not toyed with the exchange in a direct sense. The price of shards still goes up and down solely based on player activity, we know this. What he's saying is that when a player bought 1 crystal, the cost of buying another crystal in a separate purchase used to be 1/10th of a copper higher. So if you bought 10 crystals at 50 copper, the next 10 crystals in a second purchase would cost 51 copper. His claim is that now if you buy 10 crystals at 50 copper, the next 10 crystals in purchase number two would cost 90 copper.

Whether that is TRUE or not, I can't say. It makes perfect sense, though, and is actually "better" than claiming the exchange is skyrocketing out of control due to gold sellers. If it were actually the gold sellers, then I would expect the administration to freeze the exchange, given it is unfairly punishing players for the illegal actions of illegitimate sites. Of course if RU actually changed how the exchange worked to manipulate players into spending more money, then I'd have to say that's an outrage, but an outrage that is not the fault of my.com or the administration. You guys just get the patch data that you get.
IGN: Rozetri
Class: Xadaganian Great Avenger - Lv.75
Guild: Ascendancy (Valiance)
Server: New Frontier (Tensess)
Ship: IndigoSky

Friday, April 22nd 2016, 3:14pm

I'm not defend anyone but tell me how gold seller which would explain a sudden spike?

If they steal credit cards data => buy crystals on site => sell crystals to players = no influence at change rate
If they steal credit cards data => buy crystals on site => change crystals to gold => sell gold to players = rate goes down

Other explanation is:

gold seller use some gold exploit => exchange gold for crystals => sell crystals = rate goes up
gold seller use some gold exploit => sell gold => player exchange gold for crystals = rate goes up

Correct me if im wrong.

Friday, April 22nd 2016, 7:02pm

Mhuldoon

Professional

Hello,

My post is simply aimed at those who may, for whatever reason, believe the changes have been implemented by staff as it actually isn't the case. Understand that from an outside perspective, terms related to 'nerfs' imply changes at the hands of developers and can be mistaken as such if unfamiliar with the system. Gold Sellers are but one of many factors that contribute to how player-based features may change, and is one possibility of an outright and unexplained 'spike'. It also doesn't imply that it is the only possibility or reason behind it. Regardless, the situation will be raised and looked into when possible.

Regards,
Mhul

Friday, April 22nd 2016, 7:57pm

Frakkerz

Trainee

Maybe they did change the rate at which the exchange increases, but wouldn't this be the same with decreases?
Can we get some numbers on that please.

In my opinion, the reason it is going up continuously is because people know that it will.
As a result, we all change our gold to crystals so that we can [profit?], this forces it even higher.

Saturday, April 23rd 2016, 8:26am

Biltong

Beginner

Come play on the P2P server - problem solved?

Saturday, April 30th 2016, 1:30am

Pochtron

Intermediate

Any update on the situation ?

As a reminder, the problem is not related to what affects the current price of the currency, but the speed at which it increase or decrease.
If what metallix observed is true, the exchange rate increase faster by a factor of 40 compared to last patch, for the same amount of gold converted to crystals.

Can anyone from the staff give us an update and an explanation about this ? Thanks.

Saturday, April 30th 2016, 1:53pm

It is ridiculous that just in a month the rate more than doubled, I believe it was around 469 before patch or somewhere close to that. Sure you can say it is the fault of the gold spammers but nothing is being done about them, and the bc rate will not be reverted so why should anything be done right? I don't believe that just buy people converting all of their gold to BC as soon as they get it because holding onto gold is a waste is making the rate jump so much, did we get a lot of new population???

Saturday, April 30th 2016, 5:31pm

Gramarye

Professional

The massive inflation isnt caused by any goldsellers (I highly doubt someone buying from them btw) but because of the increased Gold-gain after the patch itself. Five more levels obvioulsy mean more gold from nearly all activites. THas a normal process happening every time the level-cap got raised.

The real problem is that the exchange rate wont stabilize since they changed the exchange rate like OP said. Even before this patch there was this problem since there are way less people using crystals to get gold than the other way. now it just got worse :/

In my Opinion they should use fixed rates based upon the actual level or patch

Monday, August 8th 2016, 12:25am

Pochtron

Intermediate

Bump.

... It also doesn't imply that it is the only possibility or reason behind it. Regardless, the situation will be raised and looked into when possible.

Regards,
Mhul

We never got an offcial answer to this, when it's the core of the problem atm.
Did publisher really increase the RATE at which currency echange increase or decrease ? What's the reason behind it ?