You are not logged in.

Friday, April 22nd 2016, 11:19pm

Noob questions

Hello! Possible new player here. I just want to ask a few questions..
I played this game for a bit on and off a long time ago but it was very p2w with the cash shop and everything.
Now I see the game is under new management and there's this sub server. Naturally I'd rather play on the sub server but I do have some questions I didn't find any real answers online or they're very dated.
1. How's the population? Are people playing this game?
2. How's the end-game? Is there a lot to do or will I be logging in once-twice a week?
3. How is faction balance?
4. Do builds differ greatly and are there different gear sets for pvp and pve?

I'd like to play a fairy priest and heal peeps! (with occasional pvp if possible)
Tyvm for reading and any tips/info welcome! :thumbsup:

Friday, April 22nd 2016, 11:47pm

There is enough people to do all the content. Arena of death doesn't pop though.
2. How's the end-game? Is there a lot to do or will I be logging in once-twice a week?
There is a lot to do if you so wish. If you're low on time, you can stack astral keys and use them when you have more time.
League is dominant right now. On league side there are 3 different guilds doing the new raid Fractal. On empire there is only one guild doing the raid.

Saturday, April 23rd 2016, 1:18am

angered

Trainee

Hello! Possible new player here. I just want to ask a few questions..
I played this game for a bit on and off a long time ago but it was very p2w with the cash shop and everything.
Now I see the game is under new management and there's this sub server. Naturally I'd rather play on the sub server but I do have some questions I didn't find any real answers online or they're very dated.
4. Do builds differ greatly and are there different gear sets for pvp and pve?

I'd like to play a fairy priest and heal peeps! (with occasional pvp if possible)
Tyvm for reading and any tips/info welcome! :thumbsup:
After having just leveled a toon myself on Empire while waiting for my account to transfer I can say that there are plenty of people, on both factions. Just note that the game takes place endgame so while leveling you won't see many people around.

Endgame is whatever you want it to be, there is always stuff for you to do and you won't be running out of activities anytime soon (as a new player).

Regarding faction balance, I'd say league is a little bit more populated and there are a few guilds there doing the current raid. I have always enjoyed being the underdog which made my choice to stay Empire after returning pretty easy.
*I highly suggest joining Empire, there are a lot of up and coming guilds looking for fresh blood :)

----
For every class there are different builds and gear combinations (including for pve/pve) - my suggestion is to find something that suits your play style.
Although I suggest Empire, if you are wanting to play a fairy (elf) your only option is League. Unless you wanted to equip a pair of wings to an Orc. :love:

Saturday, April 23rd 2016, 1:49pm

Ty for the replies!
And how is the end-game? I've seen some old posts on it being very grindy. I can't sink 3-4 hours EVERY night so... Will I still be useful to a guild or raid?

Saturday, April 23rd 2016, 2:43pm

Intre

Trainee

Quoted

There is enough people to do all the content. Arena of death doesn't pop though.

You don't miss much on this. The demons spawning from not collecting the chests are 85 and one shotting everyone unless you're a tank, in which case you get 2 shot.

Saturday, April 23rd 2016, 3:59pm

angered

Trainee

Ty for the replies!
And how is the end-game? I've seen some old posts on it being very grindy. I can't sink 3-4 hours EVERY night so... Will I still be useful to a guild or raid?
Generally guilds have designated raiding and pvp times each week which may take a bit of time, so try to find a guild that can work with your availability or you may miss out on those aspects of the game. You don't necessarily have to sink 3-4 hours a day on the game, but I would try to at least spend a little time each day doing your dailies, guild quests, and using keys to avoid having them stack against you.