You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, April 26th 2016, 10:50am

New player looking to get into PvP at max level

Hello all!

Firstly I apologise for my lack of knowledge or if this post is in the wrong place.

I am looking for some help in deciding on a class, I'm not looking for the "fotm" class, I'm just looking for something to stick too and progress with the more I play.

I am looking for a class that is useful in both group PvP situations, and can hold it's own 1v1, I do not prefer melee or ranged so either is fine.
I have been slightly drawn to either a "Melee Healer" or the Paladin class, are either of these good for PvP>

Sorry again for my extreme noobishness.

Thank you for all the help you can provide!

Tuesday, April 26th 2016, 12:30pm

Warden, Healer(Priest), Summoner and Paladin these classes are really good to stay alive. First 3 has good heals but keep that in mind healers damage could be low. Paladins are known with their OP barriers. They have 3 (4 if you took rubies) barriers that can hold large amount of damage and also they have skills to heal themselves and lower the damage of the barriers or break it without do any damage to you.
poot poot poot poot poot... POOTIE!! YOU'VE BEEN POOTED!!!

Tuesday, April 26th 2016, 3:11pm

rozetri

Intermediate

Sounds like you want either Healer or Paladin in the current game environment. Summoner is getting massive nerfs in the not-too-distant future based on restricting their flexibility. Wardens are very viable, but I keep hearing that their heals in non-healing aspects are somewhat limited. The main trouble with playing Healer in end game guild group fights is that you'll often be cast AS the group healer, not someone that goes off to kill people. If they are happy to let you choose your spec, the two options are more up in the air, but as a Pally in PvP you will be more than welcome to go off and kill folks. They are also ridiculously durable by their very nature while still dealing surprisingly high damage. They do lack slightly in terms of burst damage in PvP, though, something that I think Healers can best them at.
IGN: Rozetri
Class: Xadaganian Great Avenger - Lv.75
Guild: Ascendancy (Valiance)
Server: New Frontier (Tensess)
Ship: IndigoSky

Wednesday, April 27th 2016, 10:11am

Thank you both for your very insightful comments, they both helped tremendously!
I think I will level both Mhealer and paladin to 20, and go from there :).

I have a question regarding paladin, is it possible to move through indicator for cannons? I'd much prefer it to be on the center of my screen.

Wednesday, April 27th 2016, 10:45am

I have a question regarding paladin, is it possible to move through indicator for cannons? I'd much prefer it to be on the center of my screen.

Yes, use this addon:
https://alloder.pro/files/file/249-classplates/

type /cpdnd to unlock frames, then you can drag them. Type /cpdnd again to lock them in place.

Rate this thread