You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, April 28th 2016, 5:02pm

yeah lacry after 6 years of playing i build lvl 11 runes now :P i just was bored one night and upped them and to the new raid well my raid was the first one to down it in hardmode (endboss 1 try btw :D) and my maintank has lvl 8 runes so its not only about runes^^ (even tho they are probably handy cuz faster^^)

also it seems you missunderstood something lacry in a democracy you DONT necessary have the freedom of expression :P if you say the wrong things you will get punished for it

Thursday, April 28th 2016, 5:24pm

my maintank has lvl 8 runes so its not only about runes^^

Then I am sure that there was some rune 12 healers on him to make him survive

Thursday, April 28th 2016, 5:31pm

Mhuldoon

Professional

Hello,

This will serve as a polite one-time warning. You are all currently using a privately owned forum with its own rules and regulations. Freedom of speech and other such terms do not apply here - and certainly have absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand. Those of you who feel the need to attack other posters, or sink to an equal low by defending oneself against such trite (of which is equally off-topic as the attack in the first place), will wind up causing themselves more harm than good from this point onward.

Simply use the report post feature if you have any issue with a poster or their content, and we'll do the rest. There is no need to engage in it yourself.

Please remain on-topic (which also includes refraining from discussing this very warning).

Regards,
Mhul

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Mhuldoon" (Apr 28th 2016, 5:39pm)

Thursday, April 28th 2016, 5:57pm

Back to topic, there are ways in game to make it challenging, when we had relics and glyphs, people complained how hard it is to gear, now that it is "easy" they complain how easy it is. People with high gear that can't play well still getting wrecked by people with lower gear, example would be our dominion party first week of dominion had epic/blues, and went undefeated vs 5-10k gear score difference parties who were in epic/legend gear (75-78k gs).

Thursday, April 28th 2016, 6:12pm

With full 13 party its rly hard to domi eh?

Thursday, April 28th 2016, 6:26pm

rozetri

Intermediate

You say this, but currently I would say the Domi scene is balanced more towards smart play than it has been in the past. Yes, a full team of high runed people is going to absolutely trounce a group of low runed people. But teams of similarly runed and geared people can still have an incredible mismatch in results depending on skill. I can tell you for certain this last week when my team went up against Vash and Penance, while they did have something of a rune advantage, that's not why we got squashed. We got wrecked because our plan of attack was inadequate, at least one person the group was still learning some ropes after a recent class change, our party composition of classes/aspects was unoptimized, and we weren't all familiar with each other's playstyle. If the balance of runes and CS had tipped into our favor instead, we probably still would have been crushed.

And that's okay. You learn from your loss and hope to improve next time. But 13s aren't a Gameshark that ensures a win.
IGN: Rozetri
Class: Xadaganian Great Avenger - Lv.75
Guild: Ascendancy (Valiance)
Server: New Frontier (Tensess)
Ship: IndigoSky

Thursday, April 28th 2016, 8:22pm

Halfing

Beginner

The the opener of the topic
all s1 whether it's blue/epic/leggy, it's all indeed like you say tetris and chill.
S2 tho, blue/epic/leggy, needs some tactic and a good team.

I do however sense a nice passive ego boasting in here. I donot know why @@

Friday, April 29th 2016, 5:55am

Want a challenge?

Go solo everything.

No, I mean it. There are some Allods that are near impossible to solo because Mercenary AI is quite bad and certain boss mechanics are designed with at least two brains present.

Friday, April 29th 2016, 10:15am

azalin71

Trainee

Want a challenge?

Go solo everything.

No, I mean it. There are some Allods that are near impossible to solo because Mercenary AI is quite bad and certain boss mechanics are designed with at least two brains present.
Going solo is indeed a challenge.

Using mercs is not going solo.
Araanahn - Kanian Crusader - Warsong guild

Saturday, April 30th 2016, 5:34am

Want a challenge?

Go solo everything.

Going solo is indeed a challenge.

Using mercs is not going solo.
Might as well be considered solo since mercs are so mediocre. They're only real value is that they ignore some AoE's from Allods bosses.

But for true solo you can try Distortions. Those are supposed to be for single players but they are also rather poorly designed.

Saturday, April 30th 2016, 5:11pm

You say this, but currently I would say the Domi scene is balanced more towards smart play than it has been in the past. Yes, a full team of high runed people is going to absolutely trounce a group of low runed people. But teams of similarly runed and geared people can still have an incredible mismatch in results depending on skill. I can tell you for certain this last week when my team went up against Vash and Penance, while they did have something of a rune advantage, that's not why we got squashed. We got wrecked because our plan of attack was inadequate, at least one person the group was still learning some ropes after a recent class change, our party composition of classes/aspects was unoptimized, and we weren't all familiar with each other's playstyle. If the balance of runes and CS had tipped into our favor instead, we probably still would have been crushed.

And that's okay. You learn from your loss and hope to improve next time. But 13s aren't a Gameshark that ensures a win.
Every cashshoper tries to defend that runes dont mean that much,u guys are around for years.What about newbies that want some of that realgar?I mean srly most of the heavy cashshopers have close to 0 skill on the game they just depends on their runes to win.Like old patch were 125k people full 10/13s going bgs just coz their thing is small so they can compensate with their power in online game too boost their ego.

Sunday, May 1st 2016, 3:37am

Mhuldoon

Professional

But for true solo you can try Distortions. Those are supposed to be for single players but they are also rather poorly designed.
Care to elaborate on this? As someone who mostly only does solo distortions (with mid-level runes and a mix of green/blue gear), a fleshed out opinion would be interesting to read, as opposed to an unexplained statement.

Regards,
Mhul

Sunday, May 1st 2016, 10:46am

Care to elaborate on this? As someone who mostly only does solo distortions (with mid-level runes and a mix of green/blue gear), a fleshed out opinion would be interesting to read, as opposed to an unexplained statement.

Regards,
Mhul

I'm quite the opposite of you, as I wouldn't really do solo stuff but here's my take on that:
  • Only one difficulty option, though even on P2P there's massive difference between player and player (as well as builds, aspects, specs)
  • It was hardly ever challenging, even with class/spec built around supporting others rather than doing any damage - thus is feels more of a mindless grind in the end, rather than achieving something.
  • Rather weird that it's pretty much just about dealing damage, despite all the new aspects available. Would've been somewhat interesting if you were to get different objectives as Healer/Support/Suppression aspects.

In the end I guess they're a decent place for farming and catching up for ungeared players. You also don't have to wait for free mercenaries or waste gold - which is definitely good solo and new players.
Stargazer - P2P League
Hiren - P2P Empire

Sunday, May 1st 2016, 2:27pm

I believe the expansion is too easy because they simplified the mechanics way too much. First of all, I believe there is no mana. In almost every mmo I played there is a mana pool of some sort that makes players think about the spells they cast and how to conserve it/restore it. Secondly, the aspects are great but they limit the variety of builds and leave cookie cutters for tanking/dps/pvp. If before the patch I had 5-7 pvp builds based on the class I fought or the situation, now it is just two, maybe 3 at the most. Makes the game a lot more boring. Thirdly, hard mode raiding isnt even that hard imo. Once you learn the tricks behind s2 astral it becomes a routine, just the same thing over and over. And my account is about the higher end of medium CS, before that becomes an excuse.

Sunday, May 1st 2016, 3:07pm

wow cant rrly understand this about new classes beeing too limited lol^^ i mean yeah pve became easy but classes became too simple?! even 1 month after patch ppl still find new things they can do with their class... there are so much possibilitys now which are utterly game breaking you especially see this in dominion every sunday as some grps completly trash enemy grps even tho they have same gear and cs :D reason is cuz most ppl dont rrly understand their new class yet but they still whine about it beeing too simple?... and how was it more complex before? the "diffrent" builds ppl had before were limited to maybe 3-4 rubees who where diffrent cuz there WAS a perfect build for every class...ofc you could skill diffrent but then the build was shit :D so just try to give the new classes a chance and you will see pvp became waaay more intresting as many classes have unforseen possibilitys now :D

Sunday, May 1st 2016, 5:45pm

wow cant rrly understand this about new classes beeing too limited lol^^ i mean yeah pve became easy but classes became too simple?! even 1 month after patch ppl still find new things they can do with their class... there are so much possibilitys now which are utterly game breaking you especially see this in dominion every sunday as some grps completly trash enemy grps even tho they have same gear and cs :D reason is cuz most ppl dont rrly understand their new class yet but they still whine about it beeing too simple?... and how was it more complex before? the "diffrent" builds ppl had before were limited to maybe 3-4 rubees who where diffrent cuz there WAS a perfect build for every class...ofc you could skill diffrent but then the build was shit :D so just try to give the new classes a chance and you will see pvp became waaay more intresting as many classes have unforseen possibilitys now :D
If you could provide examples that would be great. It has been a month, what new possibilities are there? Sure the new support bard, engi take a while to get used to, but you cant argue that every class has a lot of build variations. And before builds were more complex, you had a choice of which rubies you could take. For example you could take rubies to decrease elemental dmg vs mages, rubies to decrease physical dmg vs pallies and warriors, and alternate. Now you just see oh its under defensive or assault aspect, need to take that. There is no point to take rubies that are under another aspect because they wont apply, so there is a lot less freedom or choice, making it less complex than it was before. And for dominion you just need a dps war, supress summy and mage, dps pally, cleric healer, and support bard/engi and proceed to win. Replace a warden as dps or healer, scout dies too fast. PvP is just aoe everything in random skirms now, dont see how it is more interesting.

Sunday, May 1st 2016, 9:12pm

in a pvp build you obviously took elemental defense AND physical one... you dont meet a grp of 6 mages^^ so not rrly much diffrent build choices^^ (at least pretty much all good player used similar builds)

and to choices take engi for example he can be a aoe monster or a support cc and before he was a dps nothing more (ofc he had a bit of cc but no perma cc like engi can do now)

Sunday, May 1st 2016, 10:45pm

Mhuldoon

Professional

Quoted

I'm quite the opposite of you, as I wouldn't really do solo stuff but here's my take on that:

• Only one difficulty option, though
    even on P2P there's massive difference between player and player (as
    well as builds, aspects, specs)
  • It was hardly ever
    challenging, even with class/spec built around supporting others rather
    than doing any damage - thus is feels more of a mindless grind in the
    end, rather than achieving something.
  • Rather weird that it's
    pretty much just about dealing damage, despite all the new aspects
    available. Would've been somewhat interesting if you were to get
    different objectives as Healer/Support/Suppression aspects.
Here's where the water gets muddy.

If the content was 'challenging' or could only be done with specific builds or aspects then I'd question the point of it being there. Distortions are simply there as an option for those who are unable (or unwilling) to get groups for bigger and better rewards via group content. I can relate to the criticism that those of a non-assault build could have been thrown unique healing or support challenges rather than damage focused ones - perfectly valid suggestion - although it'd have required three different distortion formulas to be crafted, rather than just one that all three aspects can accomplish. On that note, it makes sense (somewhat).

It is quite possible distortions will be improved over the course of time - but for the beginning of a new expansion, I can't really fault them. As it stands, I think it's perfectly acceptable that this content can be solo'd regardless of build and provides those who are unable to acquire groups for certain content with at lease some backup option. If we made it a 'challenge' along the way, it would alienate those it was aimed at to begin with.

Anyhow, all that aside, this thread has some very nice feedback. It's still the first season of New Order, thus things may or may not be very, very different when new portions of the game start unlocking -- but we'll have to wait and see how that pans out.

Regards,
Mhul

This post has been edited 4 times, last edit by "Mhuldoon" (May 2nd 2016, 1:04pm)

Monday, May 2nd 2016, 7:01am

Gwiniel

Intermediate

Once you learn the tricks behind s2 astral it becomes a routine, just the same thing over and over.
That's true on everything - once you learn something, it becomes easy or more easy than it was before you learnt it. So in itself it can't be taken as an argument that something isn't challenging enough. Only way to make something truly challenging would be content where random luck decides between winning and losing. Everything else can be learnt and gears can be improved to meet with content difficulty. There wouldn't be a point making so difficult content that even the players with best gears couldn't cope with it.

However, we can always consider the fact how easy something is to learn in the begin with... But since these games don't require high IQ, you can't expect too elaborate puzzles so that mainstream gamers can survive. In that sense, I represent the mainstream as I have mediocre IQ of the lower end. For me, understanding tactics in raid contents etc is difficult half of the times, if someone smarter doesn't explain what it is all about. So I find Allods content challenging enough at first but as you said, once you learn the tricks, it becomes a routine. And like I said in the beginning, that's the way everything is.
New to Allods? Need few tips'n'tricks? Check ALLODS ONLINE SANCTUARY

Important guide for new players: Patronage: requirements and benefits

Rate this thread