You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, April 1st 2014, 12:07pm

Everyone who insinuates that they should biven characters on a server because of their achievements on another server, under different rules, kind of deserves to be mocked. :/
Colin Quinn Recipe for success/dinner. 1/2 cup of brass you know whats, a tablespoon of I don't give a care, and a pound of get off my back, jack!

Tuesday, April 1st 2014, 12:13pm

Spinecrawler

Intermediate

• "Spinecrawler" started this thread

Face it.

PvP on Goblin Republic:

PvP on New Frontier (P2W):

Enjoy.

Tuesday, April 1st 2014, 12:23pm

PvP on New Frontier (P2W):

Enjoy.
It must be noted that the devil loses this. :D
Colin Quinn Recipe for success/dinner. 1/2 cup of brass you know whats, a tablespoon of I don't give a care, and a pound of get off my back, jack!

Tuesday, April 1st 2014, 12:42pm

Dragagon_old

Unregistered

Everyone who insinuates that they should biven characters on a server because of their achievements on another server, under different rules, kind of deserves to be mocked. :/
I've never said, that someone should give me something. I just said, that i would love to play on P2P server, but i won't (or don't want to, but maybe I will someday) start from zero. That's my opinion and it doesn't give you the right to be rude. Just my 2 cents.

But if you attack people, which are trying to find a way to make the p2p server more interesting for others, the p2p server is going to be closed, because no one will play on it.

And the other thing: Yes, it' s maybe not to diffucult to catch up people in the endcontent in the current situation, but how is it, in 5 months? It's going to be more and more difficult for new players, because you need a lot of gold to upgrade equip and glyphs. The old guys are going to be imba for new players, so the new ones have no chance to compete with them. So i think a lot of new players will loose their motivation and quit playing this game and this is the worst can happen. And this is not only a p2p problem, but rather an allods problem. But i also think it's more difficult to catch up others in p2p, because you need o lot of time to farm gold.

Tuesday, April 1st 2014, 12:47pm

I've never said, that someone should give me something. I just said, that i would love to play on P2P server, but i won't (or don't want to, but maybe I will someday) start from zero. That's my opinion and it doesn't give you the right to be rude. Just my 2 cents.

But if you attack people, which are trying to find a way to make the p2p server more interesting for others, the p2p server is going to be closed, because no one will play on it.

And the other thing: Yes, it' s maybe not to diffucult to catch up people in the endcontent in the current situation, but how is it, in 5 months? It's going to be more and more difficult for new players, because you need a lot of gold to upgrade equip and glyphs. The old guys are going to be imba for new players, so the new ones have no chance to compete with them. So i think a lot of new players will loose their motivation and quit playing this game and this is the worst can happen. And this is not only a p2p problem, but rather an allods problem. But i also think it's more difficult to catch up others in p2p, because you need o lot of time to farm gold.
Haven't actually "farmed" ever in all these months playing p2p. In the last patch gb + selling random items gave more than enough gold to upgrade everything, and even more. You're looking at it from the point of a "f2p player" ( ha ) and consider we have sooo many items to spend our gold on, where in fact that isn't the case, since a MAJOR part of the gold on f2p goes in upgrading runes/geting p5/spending on CS items etc.

Bottom line, no, you don't "need a lot of time to farm gold".
For glory.

Tuesday, April 1st 2014, 12:51pm

MrFox

Beginner

I have a Lvl 55 toon on P2p but recently gone back to F2p just before merge, and i admittedly miss P2p, F2p is nice to me because it used to seem a lot harder and had some great challenges from the get go. At times i make a fresh character just to get that feeling of starting fresh, farming hard for gold, no mount for ages, that first all mighty powerful Lvl 2 rune you craft. The social active atmosphere in zones, That's the stuff that brings me to F2p, but then the urge for CS kick's in and the reality of prices in the AH. I don't have Lvl 13 runes yet or certain things that would give me advantages but its that feeling of "I have to fork out THAT MUCH just to be competitive?!"

I remember playing P2p i never felt those burdens, that weight, it felt my goals were accomplishable determining purely on how hard i was dedicated towards reaching said goals. That's the overall perk of P2p, put in the time and you are rewarded throughout that period. I was dumb enough not to see that investment. Starting from scratch doesn't sound bad when you're referring to the P2p server but think about it regarding the F2p server? That's a horror story.

I'm strongly contemplating on going back to P2p

Tuesday, April 1st 2014, 12:54pm

Bojanazl

Beginner

For now, I simply love Subscription server. For the first time in my life, I also like the guild I am in :D.

I do understand people who do not want to try it out, tho. They invested too much time and money just to leave F2P easily.
Some people would come and after seeing their damage, fancy stuff missing, cash shop buffs missing and not being able to increase their performance the way they can on F2P, they would leave.

Content is harder, as well. You really have to do it all perfectly. That is exactly what I like. Only thing I mind are non-scaled raids.

On the other hand, Empire doesn't need any buff. League did not have it, you guys don't need it either. Just give it a time, and it will all balance out. That is how things go. Empire was dominating before this patch, and I am guessing some problems occurred and it all collapsed. That is when you have to stand up and organize yourself. Small group of players, joined together with the same goal, can make a big difference. They should be the core of the new guild. You should never start with the zerg guild. It never last long, because when it collapses you have no core of the guild to keep it alive.

Tuesday, April 1st 2014, 12:59pm

I also had all those fancy stuff on the p2w server (allod, r6 mounts, runes...) but I decided that enough was enough when I spent a lot on the astral mount boxes and got nothing. That day I quit and switched to the p2p server and didn't regret the decision once.

No one should be worried about catching up on the p2p server. I've lvled my reinc over the weekend, crafted his armor, bought the rest of the gear from the outlaws rep, got my blue glyph set and tanked TEP and astral on Monday. So I would urge people to try it out while the free sub is on and see that it isn't at all hard compared to the p2w server.

The only thing I would like to see is that the 6 and 7 sectors in astral and the reinc buff be scaled to the p2p server because right now they suck. But I guess that will come with time.
Fiddler - Bard - Avarice
Kulha - Warrior - Avarice

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Mamojebac" (Apr 1st 2014, 1:27pm)

Tuesday, April 1st 2014, 1:01pm

maryoosh

Beginner

lvling 1-60 takes 1-2 weeks, ofc depends on your effort, i saw some ppl lvld 1-60 in 4 days (we have +30% exp here), once you are lvl 60 u getting rep gear in umoir, in addition buy epic crafted gear - gold from quests will be enough for all that gear - and you are among the best geared players. epic crafted gear is better than rare astral one, and we wont get epic gear for at least few weeks. trust me, it is not so hard to catch us with gear

Tuesday, April 1st 2014, 1:02pm

At the beginning it sux with lvling without fast mounts, big bags, loot pet and high runes to kill mobs fast.
But when you are 60 and you can make balanced PvP and normal Gearing with Skill you will never regret.
I had this barrier too:
"I spent so much gold on F2P on mounts, Runes, ..."
But its the fear of loosing all.
But when you want to be one of the best without a big wallet, P2P is the chance.

Tuesday, April 1st 2014, 1:05pm

The competition in a game like Allods is not like the competition in a game like DOTA or GunZ. The competition here is about knowledge and economy. That is the skill in MMOs like this. It is not about victories in skirmishes. It is about racing to get server firsts. It is about having the highest gearscore all the time, about playing most efficiently. My guildies spent a lot of time farming legendary mobs in Wellebell to get only 200% refractors to use on astral boxes in s6-7. This is the hardest, most time consuming and most efficient way to play the game.

You need to define the competition you're looking for and then see if Allods is the game for you. If you're looking for skirmishes where only skill is relevant, MMORPGs are the wrong genre. Pick an arena game and learn that. Allods competition is guild vs guild. The game is very communistic - personal achievements are irrelevant. The power of one is irrelevant. Only the power of a team or a guild matters.

Not to mention that (on f2p) matchmaking now works fine. Very rarely does one team completely overpower the other.

One person cannot be competitive in Allods. A guild can. If you manage to get in any of the top guilds on your side, you will get a sense of healthy competition.

Tuesday, April 1st 2014, 1:19pm

Spinecrawler

Intermediate

Lets think about it for a moment. Every like 6 months (?) there is a major patch that changes a lot if not everything. They are allways putting better mounts, better ship parts and who knows what else. No one knows what will be in item shop in the future. Maybe some day they even change rune mechanic so You will have to buy even more stuff ? Item shop is a bottomles well. In the future there will always be something better to buy so the cash You spend now on f2P server is not a safe investment. The items You buy now in the future could rapidly loose their value or even bacome worthless.

So putting it all toogether on P2P server there is no such threat. You pay fixed amount of cash and don't have to worry that next month is that big sale and everyone else will get their uber stuff and whipe the flor with Your a$$. Even if they put some new stuff to the game on p2p everyone have equal opportunity to get it and stay competitive. All You need is some gold or friendly guild for a raid.

IMO If You need to pay, do it smart. In the long run P2P server is cheaper than pay2win.

Tuesday, April 1st 2014, 1:20pm

Achilles

Intermediate

It's not that easy. I'm playing at the F2P server for 6 months, have 2 chars at level 60, and a lot of nice things. I would realy love to play at the P2P Server, but i dont want to start at point zero again, if i can play with my chars at F2P and have fun with the whole game.

So the only way to make the P2P Server more interesting for me, is the possibility to start with comparable chars (adapted to the P2P server) like i have on F2P server.
Not that easy? If you lvl up in 1 week and ask ppl to craft you epic gear/craft it yourself you're already ahead of gear of 70% of imp side who are content with blue rep gear. It's not easy, it's very easy.

On another note, I'd really like for them to finish maint early/ push back raid dom 1 day ahead so crew could def against anger m.

+1 to finishing early or moving raid domi back 1 day we want more realgar!
Achilles | Mage | Avarice
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▌───────────────────────────────▐
▌█▀█─█─█─▀█▀─▀█▀─█─█─█─█─█▀█─▀█▀▐
▌█▀▄─█─█──█───█──█▀█─█─█─█▀▄──█─▐
▌▀▀▀─▀▀▀──▀───▀──▀─▀─▀▀▀─▀─▀──▀─▐
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Tuesday, April 1st 2014, 1:24pm

Bojanazl

Beginner

It is true that if you start playing 5 months into the patch, you WILL lack the gear and glyphs people, who have been playing from the start, have. As you said, it is not only on P2P, it is just the game itself. When the gear resets, it is your time to shine. Like now.
I cannot see how can it be harder on P2P, however. Only thing you need here is: gear+glyphs, where on F2P you have extra items from Cash Shop.

I do not know how are things on F2P, but here people are helping each other out. Nobody will look down on you if you are new and your gear is bad. Whatsoever, they will try to help you out, craft you gear and give or pass on mounts. At least in my guild, only thing we want to see is player being active and dedicated and you will get invite for every guild event.
So, you only need gold for upgrades and your profession, and it is not THAT hard to get, only if you want. People would make parties and farm together in Astral and new zones. It helps to everybody and some people enjoy the game more being in that friendly, social environment.

Pasiya - healer (PtP)
Bojana - warden (FtP)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Bojanazl" (Apr 1st 2014, 1:32pm)

Tuesday, April 1st 2014, 1:38pm

Achilles

Intermediate

p2p dead, go2 f2p

P2P is not dead, it's your guild that's dead. Dead because of the people you let in, dead because you're more interested in trolling on 'Everlast' than actually being a competent guild leader.

Maybe the story would be different if you found a bigger box to store you massive ego in, just a theory.
Achilles | Mage | Avarice
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▌█▀█─█─█─▀█▀─▀█▀─█─█─█─█─█▀█─▀█▀▐
▌█▀▄─█─█──█───█──█▀█─█─█─█▀▄──█─▐
▌▀▀▀─▀▀▀──▀───▀──▀─▀─▀▀▀─▀─▀──▀─▐
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Tuesday, April 1st 2014, 1:55pm

Dragagon_old

Unregistered

I didn't want to do all the questing again, like i did it twice. That sucks. I hate this so much. Because i have seen this all twice.

I like this game and want to play it. No matters pay to win server or not. The only things i hate are the guys with lvl 13 runes and full improved equip thinking they can play, when they killing you with some hits. I want to play a game and compete with others, where the skills count and not the equip. That's why i'm thinking of chance from f2p to p2p. The best fights i had with guys were without any runes and same equip. That's why i have a complete green set at my bank ;) Sounds weird, but its true.

But starting again at zero seems to be daunting, because i have to do all the quests to reach endcontent to be able to partizipate in raids and astral trips again. That's the only reason i'm still playing at the f2p server. And i think im not the only one.

And it's for sure true, that it only counts to be competitive in a team and not alone, but it still sucks to be killed with some hits just because the other guys has the money to buy lvl 13 runes and best equip and thinking this are skills. It sucks to be in the arena with a mid lvlt group and on the other side are the crazy only money counts guys from SoS or Minc and you have no chance to have a good competition in a fair fight.

But i have 2 days time to think about it. Maybe i'll give it a try and check the p2p server out while the free access to the p2p server. But i'm not sure if i'll find the motivation to do all the questing again to reach lvl 60. If i reach lvl 60 in this 2 weeks, you will have a new competitor and maybe a new member in one of your teams ;)

Tuesday, April 1st 2014, 2:19pm

I'm a slow leveller, taking my time and not really playing that much.

I got to 30 in just over a week
Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Tuesday, April 1st 2014, 2:43pm

Dragagon_old

Unregistered

Crosswalk few people back will not do anything - though of course welcome.

WHAT should happen?
1) the possibility of transferring part of your character with F2P - for example main character + rein ( with complet blue/epic glyph - and reset eq ).
2) Fusion with P2P rusian .
3) Un block change city to licytation for example - a lot of people stop play becuase its only fews guild at fraction.
4) Change the number of people needed to launch DF/WH.
5) Free subscription for new accounts.
6) For more information, what are the positives on p2p - the lack of run etc.
7) Offer any weak guilds from F2P to switch server.

Jest naprawdę mnóstwo możliwości wszystko zależy od twórców gry - bo oni tracą gdy ludzie grają na P2P. Oczywiste jest, że większy zarobek mają z F2P. Tym bardziej, że F2P w tym momęcie jest tak zaludnione, że przejście kilku slabszych guild nic by nie zmieniło. Wszystko zależy od twórców gry: money or people.

Sorry for my english

Tuesday, April 1st 2014, 2:58pm

Spinecrawler

Intermediate

Quoted

Jest
naprawdę mnóstwo możliwości wszystko zależy od twórców gry - bo oni
tracą gdy ludzie grają na P2P. Oczywiste jest, że większy zarobek mają z
F2P. Tym bardziej, że F2P w tym momęcie jest tak zaludnione, że
przejście kilku slabszych guild nic by nie zmieniło. Wszystko zależy od
twórców gry: money or people.
There is really a lot of
possibilities, everything depends on devs - couse they loose when ppl
play on P2P. It's obvious that they have more income from F2P. Moreover
the F2P is so populated that migrating few weaker guild wouldn't change
anything. All depends on game developers: money or people.

Jor łelkom ;)

Tuesday, April 1st 2014, 3:04pm

maryoosh

Beginner

Crosswalk few people back will not do anything - though of course welcome.

WHAT should happen?
1) the possibility of transferring part of your character with F2P - for example main character + rein ( with complet blue/epic glyph - and reset eq ).
2) Fusion with P2P rusian .
3) Un block change city to licytation for example - a lot of people stop play becuase its only fews guild at fraction.
4) Change the number of people needed to launch DF/WH.
5) Free subscription for new accounts.
6) For more information, what are the positives on p2p - the lack of run etc.
7) Offer any weak guilds from F2P to switch server.

Jest naprawdę mnóstwo możliwości wszystko zależy od twórców gry - bo oni tracą gdy ludzie grają na P2P. Oczywiste jest, że większy zarobek mają z F2P. Tym bardziej, że F2P w tym momęcie jest tak zaludnione, że przejście kilku slabszych guild nic by nie zmieniło. Wszystko zależy od twórców gry: money or people.

Sorry for my english
I have nothing against merge EU p2p with RU p2p. Yes we are worse geared atm than they are there but well... catching them shouldn't be that hard, just will take some time. But look at this opportunity to have 30+ guilds participating in dominion ;) Transfering account of f2p players to p2p isnt a bad idea too, just the problem is how to do it.

Oczywiscie zapraszamy wszystkich rodakow do gry na serwerze p2p ;)

Rate this thread