You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, April 27th 2016, 10:40pm

Bunch of questions from a new 7.0 player

Hi all !

Not gonna ask about population ;)
What I want to know is if there was suggestion on what faction to roll on ?

What im looking for is a english well managed guild. Im not a allods vet so it would be nice if they were somewhat newbie friendly (dont expect to be carried of course).

Also with 7.0 it seems like summoner healer is gone and now the pick is between warden and healer. Is that right ?
Any suggestion on what to roll of those two if I want to a better chance of groups ?

What about support classes, how much of that is there in 7.0 and are they needed ?

Thanks all !

Wednesday, April 27th 2016, 11:46pm

faction = the one which appeals you more visually

summoner can heal too

warden seems the "best" healer

support is always welcome, but try to play something that will be pleasent for YOU, not for others :)

you get a mentor btw, usually mentors are also willing to explain things to rookies if you search for ingamesupport

Thursday, April 28th 2016, 7:34am

faction = the one which appeals you more visually

summoner can heal too

warden seems the "best" healer

support is always welcome, but try to play something that will be pleasent for YOU, not for others :)

you get a mentor btw, usually mentors are also willing to explain things to rookies if you search for ingamesupport
Hi thanks a lot for the reply :)
Normally I would agree with you and say the same thing. But im a bit different when it comes to MMOs, I dont really care to much about the class and aesthetics and such I value more "being needed" and playing the lesser played classes for easier access to grouping.

Faction is same. The thing was that I remember reading here pre 7.0 that one site had some issues with basically the top guild being a bit messy (think some people left and formed a new one) and the english communication was not that good.

So im more wondering which faction I will have the best chances at actually doing some group content at end game :)

About summoner was lurking a bit on the forums and a guy said they have had most of their healing skills removed and is not really compareable to "healer" and warden. Any truth to that ?

Appreciate the reply :)

Thursday, April 28th 2016, 9:49am

You can do even top group content on both factions, so this shouldn't be an issue. Take into account that the stronger a guild the harder it will be to be in the groups(s) that compete for these the top spots;p Pick the faction you like.

About the summoner: from the little testing i have done, a lot of healing abilities are there. People in the previous patch were saying that summoner was weaker than the priest in solo healing but my opinion was the opposite, so ... In any case i think the summoner aoe dmg seems even stronger (how can this be possible??) So maybe the class is more dd oriented now, but i can't say for sure, a more experienced and willing to share summoner will need to answer this. The class is still OP overall though, as it always was. Maybe not so much in pvp but that's a good fix. I have no opinion about warden. Priest is yes pretty viable as healer, as always.

About healing overall: The healing mechanics changed a lot from what i see. Now you use shields + some healing instead of heal spam, so its really a different game for all healing classes.

Thursday, April 28th 2016, 11:36am

Thanks ovaretos for the great info !
I might feel daring and give the underdog faction just for fun :)

Interesting, last time I played was when the P2P launched, so it will be fun to see "whats new" :)

Thursday, April 28th 2016, 5:09pm

summyheal is just fine in pve in pvp its a bit meh it works but not as good as warden or cleric (but its ridiclious op as support so you may want to chose it :P but next patch it gets a huge nerv) but if you want to be needet choose bard or engeneer ! both of them share a topspot as dps classes and they are gamebreaking support classes which strenghen their allies, weaken their enemys and can cc the shit out of the enemy^^ praktically you can never have enought of those classes^^ (but keep in mind next patch engeneer gets a slight nerv his ccs get higher cooldown)

Thursday, April 28th 2016, 5:32pm

Oh finally I managed to change my forum name :).
Thanks Bluescarlet !

So many options (:

Thursday, April 28th 2016, 6:01pm

yeah patch is new and many ppl dont rrly have a clue about other classes atm^^ somebody says summyheal sucks and the next one says this too cuz he heard this... if you actually see a summy healing in a raid or astral you will notice its just fine -.- at best read the talent trees yourself so you get a picture what classes can do

Thursday, April 28th 2016, 8:40pm

angered

Trainee

Last I played was during the release of the p2p server, as well. Come join the Empire - plenty of English players, more of a challenge, and rumors of a new guild being formed. Healers are always needed, wardens seem pretty good in both pvp and pve ( if you're looking for a safe bet ).

* you can always buy a core morpher for pretty cheap on the auction house, so level something you enjoy and swap later. Leveling is the most tedious part of the game. IMO