You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, April 30th 2016, 6:08am

Trials of Tka-Rik Cave Guide

Hello, this is Khanjali once more with a guide to the Cave of Tka-Rik. You may find yourself here to complete your Reincarnation quest, or to get some Emblems of Greatness for your Greatness quest.
Or be like me and get literally ALL of your Emblems of Greatness from this wonderful horrible whydidIdothistomyself place.
Yes. All of them.
Sometimes I wonder why people dislike grinding, then I do things like this.

In this guide I will explain how each Trial works from a player's’ perspective (you can get the full details of each trial from Klavdia Kalugina). Some trials are easier or more difficult than the others, and I have organized them as such.

The Trials

The Easy:
Weapon of the Ancients/Shield of the Ancients

(The trials look the exact same)
Picking up the orb will give you a buff and clear the trial.
The Weapon of the Ancients will kill any target instantly...or not. For a few Trial bosses it will remove just 99% of their life, so you’ll just need to attack the enemy once or twice to finish them off.
Since certain trials are harder than others, the only trials you should use WotA on are:
  • Invulnerable Demon
  • Awakening
  • Extreme Cold
  • Rain of Fire
Don’t bother using it anywhere else.

For Shield of the Ancients, it’s a 15 second invulnerability buff that is honestly kinda meh. Use it during any of the above listed trials.
Note: SotA will not prevent damage taken while doing the Dark Leech trial nor if you attempt to do Portal of Greed without safeguarding from greed.

Portal of Luck

Walk into the portal and hope you get lucky. “Winning” will net you two Trial clears. “Losing” will do nothing, which is an awesome change from the old Portal O’Luck where you would lose a Trial.

Orbs of Greed

Collect orbs until it allows you to finish the trial. Collecting an orb will cause you to take damage. After starting the trial, speaking to Klavdia will present you with a new option:

Selecting this will allow you to collect orbs without taking damage at the cost of 10 gold. Seeing as how easy it is to collect gold nowadays, there’s no reason not to take it.
The Trial will complete once you collect anywhere from 7 to 10 orbs. From 10 Orbs on, there is a chance to spawn the Demon of Greed. Killing him will net you 100 Gold. Killing him is optional, and he often doesn’t appear until 13 or 14 orbs collected, but if you want to recover some of the gold spent go ahead and kill him.

Test of Speed

Run around, collect 12 orange orbs, trial done.
Collecting Blue orbs will give you one of many skills that help you to move around or kill the monsters that chase you. Collecting orange orbs will give you a boost of speed and a buff that either fears or kills approaching monsters.
You will always have a shield skill and a single target insta-kill skill during the trial.

Scatter

You only need to hit 15 demons to clear this trial, but I like to see how many I can get (highest I’ve gotten is ~70) To be safe, just get to 30 and take a small break.

The Normal:

Dark Leech

For 1 minute, you will lose 10% of your life every 2 or 3 seconds. Killing an Essence of Life will give you a buff that restores 5% of your health every second that last 5 seconds. You either need to keep killing Essence of Life’s or be able to put out a ton of healing to get through this trial. Damage reductions will not work, only absorb shields.

Carnage

Carnage has two phases:
Minions:

Boss:

Kill 10 minions to summon the boss. The boss is quite easy to kill as it takes increased damage and doesn’t do as much damage as the minions before it.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "user_1104294" (Apr 30th 2016, 7:48am)

Saturday, April 30th 2016, 6:09am

Four Elements

Four Elements gets the award for the “Longest Time to Complete a Trial”. This will always take a significant amount of time due to the Elemental Devourer having a massive amount of health and how spread out the trial is. When you kill an elemental, you get a temporary skill that can be used when the Elemental Destroyer is on the oil puddle (appears where you kill the Stone Elemental) or the water puddle (appears where you kill the Frost Elemental). Certain buffs interact with puddles or the Elemental Devourer in certain ways.

There are three possible patterns you can use to clear this trial:
  • Fire -> Storm -> Stone -> Frost
  • Fire -> Stone -> Storm ->Frost
  • Kill the Elemental Devourer directly (makes the trial take even longer to complete. Don’t ever do this)

Fire -> Storm -> Stone -> Frost
This has you use the Fire and Storm skills to ignite the Elemental Devourer on fire when it is standing on the oil puddle, then freezing and using the Stone skill on the Elemental Devourer when it is on the water puddle. The ignite causes the Elemental Devourer to become disoriented for 14 seconds (7 seconds each from the Fire and Storm buff) and lose 2% of it’s health every second, while the Stone skill removes ~10-15% health from the Elemental Devourer (it must be frozen).
This is my preferred method to clear the trial.

Fire -> Stone -> Storm ->Frost
Ignites the Elemental Devourer on fire, then uses both the Stone and Storm skill to deal significant damage to the Elemental Devourer when it is on the water puddle. Takes about the same time to complete the trial as the above method, but the Elemental Devourer will be attacking you more often.

Kill the Elemental Devourer directly
Don’t. Do. This.

Demonic Hunt
Demonic Hunt has three waves, controlled by this skill:

Using this will spawn three demons. Killing them will allow you to spawn the next wave.
The waves are as follows:

During the wave, you will see a buff on your buff bar that has a number on it. This indicates how many demons in that wave are left.
The first two waves are easy. The last wave can be difficult as the Shadowy Predator deals quite a bit of damage.

Cattleman

For this trial, all you have to do is lure the demon over the circle that matches it’s color.
That’s it.
All demons have massive health pools (around 150 million health) and will lose 10% of their health while they are in the circle. Trying to deal damage to these demons is not worth it.. Killing a demon will give you a short speed and heal buff, though the heal isn’t necessary since the demons do little damage.

The Demon Ancestor

Kill Demon while also killing Demon Souls to prevent adds from spawning.
While Klavdia makes it seem like not killing the Demon Souls will lead to you having a harder time with the trial, I found that the Summoned Demon adds deal such insignificant damage that you can ignore them. Normally, I’ll kill the Demon Ancestor before the 5th or 6th add.

Demon of the Void
No picture for this one, because I knew I would miss one.
And no, I’m not going back to Tka-Rik Cave any time soon. After doing almost 1000 trials I think a long break is in order.

Demon of the Void is quite similar to Demon Ancestor in that you can ignore the adds and clear the trial without too much trouble. Difference here is that the adds can deal quite a lot of damage if too many spawn.

Saturday, April 30th 2016, 6:12am

The Annoying:
In Search of the Hidden

This trial gets to be purple because I hate it. I don’t hate the color purple. I just hate this trial.
This is by far the worst trial in Tka-Rik Cave is one of the reasons why Trials are a mediocre alternative to farming Amalgam.
The point of this trial is to find a bomb.
The problem is that, except for Klavdia’s circle, the entire cave is fair game.
Also, adds that do quite a bit of damage spawn.
And it’s just plain garbage.

You must find the bomb within the circle around you:
This is what it looks like after you use this: . Using it will give different messages based on how far/close you are to the bomb:
You are nowhere near the bomb.
You are close to the bomb, but not really.
The bomb is nearby! Your circle! In any direction! why

Once you finally spot the bomb, simply run over the blue orb to complete the trial.

You have 1 minute to complete the trial, and it is one of two trials you may fail quite often (the other being Portal O’Luck). You can spot the bomb and still fail the trial if you don’t pick it up in time (This happened to me a few times).

The Hard:

Invulnerable Demon

Killing the four Toady Demons will lead to the Rugged Fighter taking a nap being stunned for 10 seconds:

DEAL ALL THE DAMAGES.
You will most likely not kill the demon during the first nap stun. The best I’ve done is bringing it down to 41% health remaining. Simply rinse and repeat and you’ll clear the trial in no time.

The reason this trial is hard?
The Rugged Fighter deals a ton of damage. I’m lucky to have high health and enough Bloodlust to heal me for 10% of the damage I deal, but squishier classes may see themselves at lower health when they get to the first nap stun.

Awakening
I also forgot to get a picture for this one.
YOU GO GET IT IF YOU WANT ONE SO BADLY >=[

Your goal here is to prevent the adds from exploding near the Sleeping Demon. You can let at most 3 demons explode before the Sleeping Demon begins to deal too much damage for you to handle. Expect to die once the buff stack count reaches 7.

Extreme Cold

This can take quite a bit of time if you don’t understand how the debuff works.
The debuff stacks up to 10. Each stack reduces the damage you take, damage you deal, and movement speed by some amount. Once the stacks reach 10, you die.
Expect to die around 8 though because by then you’ll be moving too slow.

Orange orbs will spawn around the outer circle of the Cave that reduce the stack count by two. You want to keep your stacks around 3 or 4.

Rain of Fire

The main problem with this trial is that you won’t get too much time to deal damage to Firewing before he teleports across the map. Make sure to stay out of the fire as you chase him. There is no pattern to how he teleports, so just be ready to swing your camera around to find him.
Firewing deals quite a bit of damage, but the fire circles deal far more.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "user_1104294" (Apr 30th 2016, 7:49am)

Saturday, April 30th 2016, 6:19am

And that's it. If you have any questions about the trials or about the Cave, please leave a reply.

Oh yes, if you plan on doing this to collect all 320 Emblems of Greatness, you'll need to do 35 sets of trials (one set = 20 trials, results in 10 Demon Sparks and 2 Emblems of Greatness). This will net you 264 Amalgam and 70 Emblems of Greatness.
This takes approximately 7 to 10 days.

EDIT: I completely forgot to mention one more thing.

If for any reason you die, you lose one trial completion. Again, a significant improvement over the old Trials where dying would reset fail your trial quest.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "user_1104294" (Apr 30th 2016, 7:51am)

Saturday, April 30th 2016, 10:07pm

Hello,

Thank you again for this guide !

About "Four Elements" : that's the trial I always keep the "Weapon of the Ancient" for (when i have it), just to instant kill the Elemental Devourer :D.
Allods Online Discord
Check out the community chat
Choose EU in #language chan
----
Rejoignez la communauté sur le serveur Discord Allods Online
Clic sur le drapeau EU dans le canal #language

Sunday, May 1st 2016, 5:17am

You know, I never though to do that.
I must have gotten used to doing everything with it in the right order.

Tuesday, May 3rd 2016, 1:46am

Waffle

Beginner

on the in search of the hidden trial you can kill demons to increase the timer up to a certain point

Tuesday, May 3rd 2016, 9:13am

Rly? Rain of Fire , Extreme Cold and Invulnerable Demon you give as hard?:D those are far the easiest in whole tka riks...and using wepon of acients on one of them is waste i always hold it for four elemts to make it faster:] also best use of shield is orbs of greed and not using safeguard ( you get speedboost when you dont pay). Btw In search of hidden is quite easy but way to random (sometimes 1 time sometimes 40 times search) but still less annoying then dark leach , four elements or cattleman

Wednesday, May 4th 2016, 10:28pm

Rly? Rain of Fire , Extreme Cold and Invulnerable Demon you give as hard?:D those are far the easiest in whole tka riks...and using wepon of acients on one of them is waste i always hold it for four elemts to make it faster:] also best use of shield is orbs of greed and not using safeguard ( you get speedboost when you dont pay). Btw In search of hidden is quite easy but way to random (sometimes 1 time sometimes 40 times search) but still less annoying then dark leach , four elements or cattleman
I mark those as hard because all of the boss monsters in those trials hit harder than any other boss monster in any of the other trials. That goes for all trials listed under hard. Additionally, those trials have mechanics that result in you taking far more damage than any other trial dishes out (sans Dark Leech because taking damage is it's mechanic).

Using Shield on Orbs of Greed is a good idea, but over the duration of my many, many trial runs I never got SotA before OoG.

Completely agree on In Search of the Hidden

on the in search of the hidden trial you can kill demons to increase the timer up to a certain point
Thanks Waffles! I actually did not notice this, mostly because I would ignore the demons and just run around.

Dark Leech is actually quite fun. Because of the speed boost it's a bit silly to see my character zooming around one-shotting tiny demons left and right.
Four elements just takes forever. I realize that Weapon of the Ancients makes it go by much faster, but I have never had to heal after completing Four Elements so I never considered it as something really worthy of using WotA on.
Cattleman is incredibly easy, it just takes a bit of time since you have to drag the demons over the circles and sometimes the circles don't catch the demon.