You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, May 4th 2016, 8:21am

What might be an awesome class

I dunno if swearing is allowed in the tags so I refrained from it.

Hear me out - there's distinctly a class that's "missing" in the theme of the game. Well, it wasn't missing so much as displaced - that of the warrior who uses fist-weapons. Sadly, while Warden used to fulfill this role, it doesn't seem like they do anymore, since their shift towards focusing on spellcasting pve/melee pvp. Fist weapons might as well be stat sticks now for caster classes.

However, simply adding in a "monk" class wouldn't really work, in my opinion, as the setting seems to borrow from an entirely different set of flavoring. Unlike the western european part of D&D where the eastern flavor of the monk was a neat, exotic complement to the rest of the game (besides, there was something kinda bad-ass about being able to kill a dragon by karate-chopping it in the skull)

But this isn't D&D, at least not traditionally. This is very heavily Russian. And to that end, I feel like if there was to be a fist-weapon class that would take full advantage of the flavor of the setting.

The Wrestler. Kanian Pugilist, Gibberling Scrapper, Xadaganian Grappler, Orc Brawler.

Light armor wearing class. Primary weapon type is fist-type weapons, though other dual weapons can technically be wielded... just the Wrestler will never use them. Rubies improve Wrestler damage if they are using a fist-type weapon, though. Secondary weapon is a bow, though all ranged attacks are the wrestler literally throwing arrows at the enemy.

Resource is stamina because I'm not currently feeling creative.

Roles: Damage, Tank, Crowd Control

Example abilities
Palm Smack - Smacks an enemy with your each palm for X/Y/Z damage each strike.
Takedown - Push an enemy into the ground, dealing X/Y/Z damage and stunning them for X/Y/Z seconds.
Dart Tossing - Throws an arrow like a dart at the enemy, dealing X/Y/Z damage and generating enmity

Grapple - Force an enemy to drop everything they are doing and grapple with you. Bosses instead suffer a slowdown effect and the Wrestler is dragged by them.

Racials

Kanian - Gut Punch - Punch an enemy in the approximate gut, dealing X damage and preventing them from casting spells for Y seconds.
Gibberling - Triple Special - Perform an elaborate and showy triple attack that deals X damage and disorients an enemy for Y seconds.
Xadaganian - Dirty Deed - Apply pressure to a sensitive area with your knee, dealing X damage and slowing an enemy for Y seconds.
Orc - Jaw Punch - Punch an enemy in the jaw, breaking their teeth, dealing X damage and Y damage over time for Z seconds.

It'd be great, wouldn't it? Granted, I don't know how much communication there is between the localization devs and the devs in Russia, so for all I know this suggestion is completely pointless. Still, it was fun to write. Definitely would be better for this game than a standard warrior monk would be, wouldn't it?

Wednesday, May 4th 2016, 5:13pm

sounds nice^^ but will be hard to balance^^ in most games monk is eigher completly op or super weak^^ but always liked the idea in general^^ always hoped on diffrent tank settings anyway like warr tank is good against physical cuz plate but monk is strong against magical cuz enchanted cloth or something^^

Wednesday, May 4th 2016, 5:38pm

Aionwen

Professional

Light armor wearing class

Tank

Primary weapon type is fist-type weapons

Damage

throwing arrows

aha... obviously an overdose of fantasy/manga/pot. i know only Saga-RPG-System where this is kinda theoreticaly possible coz there are no weapon-armor-modifikators, u just call the action u wanna perform and then roll dice intending that u will handle ur dagger so u get through the weak part of a platemale... :rolleyes:
PLS make Tekians playable race. fix shipcanons!

Wednesday, May 4th 2016, 10:39pm

Gramarye

Professional

Lets see this from a Lore-perspective:

Basically Monks in most games are meant to be religious fighters having an eastern theme attached to them but the only religion in sarnaut is the Holy Church of Light which is basically a reference to christianity, so no eastern theme there. Also they kinda already have a religious fighter aka paladins, so there's no point adding Monks for this reason.

Anways there is one possible exeption which are the Tekyan. However they are whorshipping a crocodile and believe mostly in their relation to nature than in any spiritual form of religion where most monk-fantasies are based about. Also according to their story they arent good fighters at all.

IMHO I dont think the game really needs another class right now and I dont really like the idea of adding more eastern style to allods (there are other games for this). For a fis-weapon waering class I would prefer an assasin or rogue or however you wanna call it.

Wednesday, May 4th 2016, 11:46pm

WTB wormface and draconid races

over 9000 hours in MSPAINT

Thursday, May 5th 2016, 10:37am

Lets see this from a Lore-perspective:

Basically Monks in most games are meant to be religious fighters having an eastern theme attached to them but the only religion in sarnaut is the Holy Church of Light which is basically a reference to christianity, so no eastern theme there. Also they kinda already have a religious fighter aka paladins, so there's no point adding Monks for this reason.

Anways there is one possible exeption which are the Tekyan. However they are whorshipping a crocodile and believe mostly in their relation to nature than in any spiritual form of religion where most monk-fantasies are based about. Also according to their story they arent good fighters at all.

IMHO I dont think the game really needs another class right now and I dont really like the idea of adding more eastern style to allods (there are other games for this). For a fis-weapon waering class I would prefer an assasin or rogue or however you wanna call it.

I mean no offense, but if you read my post in its entirety, you will see that I actually rejected the idea of an eastern-themed class and wanted something that would be more appropriate for a Russian atmosphere.

As far as light armor wearing tanks - doesn't Scout have a tank aspect?

Thursday, May 5th 2016, 1:00pm

yes scout is a leather tank^^ but he is more about dogding than taking hits^^

Thursday, May 5th 2016, 1:47pm

Gramarye

Professional

I mean no offense, but if you read my post in its entirety, you will see that I actually rejected the idea of an eastern-themed class and wanted something that would be more appropriate for a Russian atmosphere.

As far as light armor wearing tanks - doesn't Scout have a tank aspect?

Yeah seems I overread that. The problem with such a class still is that it would cause some problems because Scouts already are light-armoured fist-waepon wearing classes but just as tank though. THey probably would need to rework scouts before implementing that class.

Thursday, May 5th 2016, 2:39pm

scout fist weapon class? :D not rrly but would be an intresting idea to change melee scout into something like an fast but squishy assasin

Thursday, May 5th 2016, 9:47pm

Gramarye

Professional

idk ... what weapon sare melee scouts using? I toguht they're using all sorts of paired weapons, especially with the new patch.

Thursday, May 5th 2016, 10:55pm

yes scout is a leather tank^^ but he is more about dogding than taking hits^^
And what would prevent Monk from being the same?

Rate this thread