You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, May 6th 2016, 6:12pm

Warning!

Some people have been getting this Mail in game, forum, even those people made a new thread, I'm guessing the website is to hijack your account(s) so be very careful what and where you click on.
Just a friendly warning to people who can't figure out if this is real or not.

NOTE: This wasn't in my mail, but quite few people have got this.

Friday, May 6th 2016, 6:50pm

Mhuldoon

Professional

Hey everyone,

Just to confirm the above - we were notified of this problem and have forwarded it to the GM team. In the meantime, please avoid any and all mails (in-game) or emails (external) that ask you for your account details, and remember that My.Com will NEVER ask for your account details.

Anyone who follows through with above phishing websites will no doubt have their account stolen/compromised. The url they have provided should be indication enough that this is a fake/dodgy website. It is common for account thieves to go out of their way to make their schemes harder to detect (newsletter replicas, official looking emails, fake 'GM' mails or whispers etc).

Ultimately -- never, ever, give your account details to anyone, or log into suspicious sites using them. Ever. Period.

We may not be able to perform any immediate action for the time being, so be sure to inform your fellow players & guildies of the situation. In addition, don't hesitate to send a support ticket if you feel your account may be compromised, or to report any instances of phishing you detect. You can also read some other basics via the Account Safety thread.

Regards,
Mhul

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Mhuldoon" (May 6th 2016, 6:55pm)

Friday, May 6th 2016, 7:00pm

rozetri

Intermediate

Hey everyone,

Just to confirm the above - we were notified of this problem and have forwarded it to the GM team. In the meantime, please avoid any and all mails (in-game) or emails (external) that ask you for your account details, and remember that My.Com will NEVER ask for your account details.

Anyone who follows through with above phishing websites will no doubt have their account stolen/compromised. The url they have provided should be indication enough that this is a fake/dodgy website, and that sites & people who employ these methods to steal accounts will go out of their way to make their attempted theft harder to detect (newsletter replicas, official looking emails, fake 'GM' mails etc). Never, ever, give your account details to anyone. Ever.

We may not be able to perform any immediate action for the time being, so be sure to inform your fellow players & guildies of the situation. In addition, don't hesitate to send a support ticket if you feel your account may be compromised, or to report any instances of phishing you detect. You can also read some other basics via the Account Safety thread.

Regards,
Mhul
I might suggest you look into player name iLeadfocus, as he's been world shouting since last weekend about wanting to purchase player accounts, specifically of level 65+. It's clearly a scam, but I wouldn't be surprised if there's a connection, as the player isn't a bot since their message changes each day in terms of grammar.
IGN: Rozetri
Class: Xadaganian Great Avenger - Lv.75
Guild: Ascendancy (Valiance)
Server: New Frontier (Tensess)
Ship: IndigoSky

Friday, May 6th 2016, 7:09pm

Mhuldoon

Professional

Hey roz,

If you would be so kind as to create a ticket to report this player (along with examples of their message) and forward the ID to me, I'll submit it along with the current phishing problem for investigation. Even if it was a genuine purchase attempt (not a bot or account thief), purchasing accounts in itself is simply not tolerated.

Regards,
Mhul

Friday, May 6th 2016, 7:13pm

rozetri

Intermediate

Hey roz,

If you would be so kind as to create a ticket to report this player (along with examples of their message) and forward the ID to me, I'll submit it along with the current phishing problem for investigation. Even if it was a genuine purchase attempt (not a bot or account thief), purchasing accounts in itself is simply not tolerated.

Regards,
Mhul
Next time he shouts and I'm in-game, I'll get a shot. Sorta surprised there isn't a ticket already in the queue, considering how brazen they are.
IGN: Rozetri
Class: Xadaganian Great Avenger - Lv.75
Guild: Ascendancy (Valiance)
Server: New Frontier (Tensess)
Ship: IndigoSky

Friday, May 6th 2016, 7:19pm

IAmGroot

Professional

No offense, honestly, but in a time like this where there is a very clear attack on our game/community......

WHY THE HELL IS THERE NO IN GAME MESSAGE (In that red text that you guys can do) THAT SCROLLS ACROSS THE SCREEN EVERY HOUR OR SO SAYING THAT THERE IS SOMETHING GOING ON..........?

Pleaseeeeeeeeeee do this........
Don't let innocent but gullible get totally screwed over.......

Saturday, May 7th 2016, 12:52am

purchasing accounts in itself is simply not tolerated.

Regards,
Mhul
:rolleyes: :D

Monday, June 6th 2016, 11:51am

purchasing accounts in itself is simply not tolerated.

Regards,
Mhul
:rolleyes: :D

*cough cough i agree with VashBoG on this one. Saying that account buying is not tolerated when so many accounts changed owners without penalty is lets say Ironic :wacko:
Keep calm and pvp hard :thumbsup: 8)

Rate this thread