You are not logged in.

Saturday, May 21st 2016, 3:55am

Complete Beginner's Struggle Guide

You know, as a newcomer I had many reasons to quit the game. The result of this leave or not to leave ambivalence made me quit when I got bored and come back when I did not find a better game that fulfills my needs. Which is using darkness and blood magic to heal people. No other game has that kind of sinister healing. Whatever. Let us start with a history lesson.
Allods is a game that made many failures when it came up, at first it was quite an enjoyable game, except some class misbalances (summoner refilling most of its health with vampirism in addition to its HoT's wasn't fun) but they fixed it. The failure started with cash shop being %400 more expensive in a short time (not exaggerating) and making players suffer for a while. Then they tried to fix the mistake, and merging servers led to many careless moderators out of action as far as I know. Turkish devs for example, violated the rules as much as they could get away with. Truth be told, times were quite chaotic.
Allods had many things to compensate it, reworking everything for instance. Reworking the gear system, reworking some skills and the most recent rework became the rework of classes. They did things with success, but without changing what they messed up with, which is the cash shop. As a new player, you will find it harder to manage PvP and PvE for a couple months. Allods tried to change that with giving you bonus crystals and coupons based on level, but as a newbie I will tell you what you will love and what you will hate.

Saturday, May 21st 2016, 3:56am

WHAT TO LOVE:
-Aspects, it lets you see what is what and who is who. You wonder what does the warden on the other team specializes at? Click on him and you will see what build he is playing.-For healers, you must love the diversity. You can be gracious light healer known as duh healers known for their new mobility spells, a sinister masochistic healer which gambles with its own life known as summoner but the single most powerful burst healer with a good setup of abilities, or a healer goes with the natural path known as wardens and they are the most balanced of all, stronger than the healer in raw healing but not competitive enough for summoners, but way more mobile than summoners do, but not as much as healer mobility.-Debuffs and buffs. As a newcomer, you aren't anything. You cannot deal damage, you cannot heal much. But you have your solid buffs namely Treachery and Courage which will be a lot of help to your party. And you have some nice debuffs. I will explain all that to you later.-Mercenaries, espicially when they are free. They do islands for you.

Saturday, May 21st 2016, 3:57am

WHAT TO HATE: (Ok this is a long one, I am not a hater but truth be told, it is a long one.)
-Aspects. You are a healer? Good, even a high geared person will have trouble at killing you but remember, if you are caught out solo prepare for an endless fight. You are a supporter? Good, you won't be filling the damage charts and healing charts so prepare for defending yourself with ''but your huge crits are all because of me'' in a raid or a pvp arena.-Playerbase. If there is a 13-13-13-10-10-10 person in an opposing faction it will one shot you when you are farming, mind you. They won't be like ''oh he is just doing the reincarnation quest I think I should let him go'' and dive balls deep to you. None of the people will help you, none of the people will leave a demonic chest to you, none of the people are like ''hey you wanna do purple sector?'' because you must beg them first, for all almighty they are.-Runes, if you are a healer you get %50 and %50 more from a 4 ruby mastery if you are a Summoner in my case, I suppose all healers have that kind of passive ability. But 3 good runes will provide you with the same bonus. So you can heal competitively even if you are a damage aspect which have some heals opened.-Rubies. They will NEVER be enough. Again, looking from the window of a summoner I will give my example. I can be a Treachery buffer with Reanimation rank 1, I can debuff people and permaslow them, but I cannot actually do both even if both of the rules would make me on par with raw healers or damage dealers in the case of efficiency.-Aspect Balance. I will start with healers and then get the other roles. As a summoner healer, you must be immobile for 4 sec channel of healing which you cannot the change the target of healing unless you want to move, delay and trigger the global cooldown before delayed-healing a new ally. But a healer can flash-heal you out of the battle. A warden has 3x the healing efficiency of what healer have, and they are still mobile. Debuffers cannot do anything by themselves, they have some damage but very low healing, they were the balanced path yet they do not have anything because healing relies on having healing-aspect only rubies. You already lose %50 healing, but you lose %50 more because you do not have the healing aspect only rubies so it costs you more than %50 of your healing. Suppression is what Support must have been, stunlock people and control the battlefield but both support and suppression is useless on bosses. Damage dealers are very, very lucky this patch.-Class Balance. You remember in Skyforge (another Allods team game), Berserker is a class which have a chainsaw and such. Good thing, you know half of our new skills come from there? You remember the Whirlwind type of skill the warrior have which pulls everyone around while you swing that weapon? Skyforge Berserker have that. You know where Summoner's ''standstill healing'' motto came from? Lightbinder power-up spell Flood of Light has the same thing, except without healing. And you know, Whirlwind is a broken ability there and no one uses Lightbinder's Flood of Light ability there.-Class Innates. They made all classes to equal damage when talented with equal gears. But face it, Paladin has innate shields which delay their damage taken. Good thing you can do damage while that Paladin can charge at you, use the shields and still do the same damage that you do.-Cash Shop. Edict, Carnifex, Bonus Talents, Bonus Stats, Bonus Rubies, Bonus Mounts, Battle Mounts, Fatalities, I do not know what to say, and how much they cost you. But face it, they cost a lot. More than you can afford. If you made wrong stats, worry not since you will spend 1 week to get 250 crystals, in this case you will have no social life. Please, keep the price of respecs down to like 50 or something. We already have a lot of things to spend.-Crystal Exchange. It keeps up and up and up. They could make a solid value every patch they do, come on. If another people buys crystals, you are punished with paying more for each crystal. A lot of newbies will buy crystals with gold like you do, expect a lot of money requirement for this reason.-Daily limits of chests. Face your limits. You cannot go on islands until your fingers break.-For Summoners and Wardens, your minion looks. For wardens it does not apply that much, the Dryad girl and the Xadaganian dog are the ultimate warden pets. But for Summoners, oh you wanna get that Kanian ghost bride? Too bad you are an Elf and your harpie will cover up half of the screen with her wings. That is just a quick example. I wish Summoners got as many options as Warden have with their pets.-Zombies. I mean the Arisen. They never look god regardless of outfit. Except for their class costumes which are pretty much designed for them.-Patronage. Halos look terrible. Patronage levels are hard and require a lot of mirra and if your blessing is out you cannot even change your class setup (that comes with Greatness) and that kinda kills the Patronage. Their immunity to long lasting effects are good but the reworked abilities could have a different effect on PvP so patronage is not that needed. Only the Vigor boost is welcome.
After level 70, the real game starts. I won't be giving you ''do the quests and farm reputation gears'' since you should be figured it out by now. You shall do 3 things to keep useful.
-Go on high level islands. If you ask 2 high gear level players, they will take you. That is by far the most stupid rule in the game. I mean, get a orange level friend and he will get you to the places otherwise you would die to go. Orange is the best. That will get you a small edge. With orange gears you can farm and since you are reliant on at least one stat with some luck your class can do its passives better, in my case, summoner critical damage debuffs. In healer's case, double fanaticism boost I guess.-Specialize in Support role. Debuff people, and strenghten your allies. Do not be competitive, but be useful. Or you can be a healer. Your absurd passives will let you heal people. Trust me.-At level 70, you can do Demonic City by yourself, and Tep's Pyramid with 1 more person. Share one of your chests with that guy you go with, in Demonic City you can get 2 free demonic chests (you cannot do Satan still, I mean Sarn which is the last boss) and 1 free Tep's Pyramid Chest, Box With a Mechanical Lock. Take all the costumes and a long time later where you get all of them, sell them at an equal price. Most people do not know they can do those with 1 or 2 people.-Always keep crystals with you. When they are low priced, do all you can do get them at that price. The %5 lower price will help you, trust me espicially if you buy a lot of crystals at the same time.-Always join PvP. Amalgams are not that important but Alliance Tokens are. You can buy Amalgam and dusts. And you do not need to worry about the timer but what you get are non-refundable so do not buy 100 Amalgams at the same time if you aren't going to spend them all.

Saturday, May 21st 2016, 3:58am

I guess I added them all. If you are new, you won't be having much fun at the start. Trust me you won't. But there are ways that you can be useful. Thank god those support effects are not reliant on runes.
Remember, you need a guild for the guild tabard. You need to do your dailies often. Espicially guild and runestone dailies. Tka-Rik is situational but welcome. High gears make it easy but Freezing test and Firestorm are annoying, Awakening is a pain to face but if you have no trouble, farm them up. The glory symbols worth quite a gold.

Saturday, May 21st 2016, 1:22pm

interesting read there! i will share my thoughts on this too

You wonder what does the warden on the other team specializes at? Click on him and you will see what build he is playing
this is practical on the one hand but on the other is gives away the info on what you do too
i would like to keep my aspect private in PVP so the enemy wont know what will await him
this will be fixed with 7.1 i heared

If there is a 13-13-13-10-10-10 person in an opposing faction it will one shot you when you are farming, mind you. They won't be like ''oh he is just doing the reincarnation quest I think I should let him go'' and dive balls deep to you. None of the people will help you, none of the people will leave a demonic chest to you, none of the people are like ''hey you wanna do purple sector?'' because you must beg them first, for all almighty they are
while this is a harsh game environment sometimes there also for every mean player there is a helpful nice one who is willing to help out
if you want to do a higher sector ofc you have to ask for it, do you really expect ppl throwing their help on you without even asking
If you ask 2 high gear level players, they will take you. That is by far the most stupid rule in the game.
i agree here, this has been made to let ppl catch up easy, but actually it makes progress done by yourself worthless as you can easy skip blue & purple and go up to orange from the beginning
also, the soft-gearreset (miniseasons) should be already enough option to catch up
gear getting worthless even faster now than before makes me no longer want to spend time & gold on upgrading, i rather stay with default gear now (also no incrase in vigor for upraded gear, why?! only teal gives more vigor... no thx, keep it then... maybe when 7.1 comes and you can go teal by yourself, maybe...)
As a summoner healer, you must be immobile for 4 sec channel of healing which you cannot the change the target of healing unless you want to move, delay and trigger the global cooldown before delayed-healing a new ally.
dark empathy is no longer as good now, it was good because it was a HOT and now its the opposite of a HOT
a healer without a HOT is crap :( leaves warden the only comfortable healer
i also miss the old dark empathy
But face it, Paladin has innate shields which delay their damage taken. Good thing you can do damage while that Paladin can charge at you, use the shields and still do the same damage that you do
every class has some classspecific advantage
whil the paladin has delayed dmg, he has no proper dot and no pet for example...

If you made wrong stats, worry not since you will spend 1 week to get 250 crystals, in this case you will have no social life.
its hard to make wrong stats as proficincy usually is the only really worth stat now and you also get a free rspec at max level (see R2/D2 robot!)
but even IF you f*** it up, 250 BC is still not much, a good farmer gets ~ 500 BC a day, so even if you are a bad one it wont take you 1 week...

For Summoners and Wardens, your minion looks.
totally agree here, would love more options here
for example i would prefer a lascive harpy over a fully covered banshee :P

Halos look terrible. Patronage levels are hard and require a lot of mirra and if your blessing is out you cannot even change your class setup (that comes with Greatness) and that kinda kills the Patronage. Their immunity to long lasting effects are good but the reworked abilities could have a different effect on PvP so patronage is not that needed. Only the Vigor boost is welcome.
type /shine if you dont like the look of the halo to make it vanish
mirracosts for martyrs level are not worth writing about, while i wrote this post i could have farmed it
incense does NOT give a damageboost any longer (in case you misunderstood this, wasnt clear to me)
incense is only good to be able to use martrys spells if you do
special CC almost never happens

If you are new, you won't be having much fun at the start. Trust me you won't.
when i was new i had a LOT of fun, as a free player
it was as rewarding as it was hard
only these who are used to get fed with a silverspoon wont have fun i guess
Remember, you need a guild for the guild tabard. You need to do your dailies often. Espicially guild and runestone dailies.
also, you can found an own guild with 5 other players
keep in mind you can save the time for the guild-dailies for doing something else, more fun instead
guild will level up by itself slowly anyway as many activities give guildexp (levelup, astralisles, etc)

Sunday, May 22nd 2016, 9:53pm

Mhuldoon

Professional

Hello,

Always appreciate additional feedback and perspectives, though I see a lot of statements that are solely relative to you as an individual.

Saying 'you will not enjoy the game early on' is completely unfair as that is assuming everyone thinks the same way (which nobody does). The game is more forgiving now than it used to be - yet I had an absolute BLAST with Allods as a new (free) player in 2010 when things were much more difficult, and even in PvP years later after I accepted that the game was most definitely worth giving a little investment (enough to get 666 Runes), as a blue geared nobody facing off against the same old max-runed players of old who farmed 666's for breakfast.

Aside from the pre-max level 'run out of quests' grind at the time, which applied to anyone who refused to grab XP scrolls, it was an extremely satisfying and rewarding experience that I cherish all these years later -- and things have improved considerably over the years in comparison. I also fail to see how comments about old staff/mods/boutique are relevant to newcomers here in 2016, but regardless, thanks for the feedback nonetheless.

-Mhul