You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, May 24th 2016, 8:04pm

Can warriors even compare to paladin tanks?

Ok let's have it straight.

Paladin is much much much more group friendly than a warrior. It gives the whole group tons of protection , bubbles, shields,heals. And what does a warrior bring for the group?
Warriors seem much more selfish tanks counting only on their survival and they don't have almost any group utility. If this is so ( and it truly is) what's the point of having a warrior tank instead of a paladin?

The only good explanation is if warriors can mitigate more damage than paladins. Is there any good-geared warrior here who can compare himself to a good pally tank and clarify this? If warriors and paladins have the same mitigation capabilities what's the point of bringing a warrior?

Tuesday, May 24th 2016, 8:37pm

Warriors have much easier time with AoE packs. Assuming no support in the team, if the paladin takes any additional damage other than the boss basic attack, it usually goes right through the barriers - which makes certain fights rather painful (for example Turtle Island 3rd boss, you can get surprised by the Thunder phase if you haven't been there yet).

Paladin does have really nice party support, but it's rather situational as well. However large shield thingy and the heal are really long cooldown and your only real party-wide shielding skill is from the Defensive Screen.
Defensive Screen requires you to have an active barrier, so it can be pretty awkward to use at times (like in Plague City last boss, you actually have to walk into the green crap on the ground to have a party-wide damage mitigation up).
In the end warriors can achieve about the same effect with the Turtle shield rubies and so can Scouts with the Joker effect - there's not really a huge difference between any of them for PvE from what I've seen.

Out of the 3 tank classes here are the only significant differences I've found:
  • Warrior seems to be the only one which is actually useful as a tank in PvP
  • Scout is rather entertaining to tank with

If you are trying to decide a class based on that, you should probably just pick it with PvP or your group in mind.
Stargazer - P2P League
Hiren - P2P Empire

Tuesday, May 24th 2016, 9:03pm

It seems warriors have the highest base mitigation as well. Bloody harvest combined with Warpath talent grants 30% damage reduction. As far as I know other tanks have no such skill which can have 100% uptime with such a high % damage reduction.

Tuesday, May 24th 2016, 9:32pm

well warr has turtle deff buff for the grp too

but in general you can say pally is more tanky ! thats a fact but as a heal myself i prefer a warr reason is you have more time to reac to the dmg a warr takes ^^ a pally usually just explodes at some point making you think wtf happend he was at 100%^^ never happend with a warr to me :D but in theory scout should even be stronger tank cuz he should be able to go with nearly no dmg at all cuz permanent joker

Tuesday, May 24th 2016, 10:23pm

It seems warriors have the highest base mitigation as well. Bloody harvest combined with Warpath talent grants 30% damage reduction. As far as I know other tanks have no such skill which can have 100% uptime with such a high % damage reduction.

Assuming decent gear, mitigation doesn't matter that much anymore. On P2P all three tanks could tank most bosses just about equally well, maybe overall scout was the best. If you're paying some attention, then in most fights you'll have about 50k-100k damage per second on your defense meter on an average S2 boss (quite bit of which you could further mitigate by healing with Cheating Death).

In the end, assuming a decent team and composition where everyone pays attention there shouldn't be any serious difference on any bosses.
Stargazer - P2P League
Hiren - P2P Empire

Tuesday, May 24th 2016, 11:24pm

it seems you can decide between a tank which is a bit of a supporter but weaker tankingskills (paladin) or a tank with less support but more tankingcapacity (warrior)

if the tank dies often the whole group dies
if a dps dies the fight goes on

in the past paladin always was the "better" tank, now things have changed

Wednesday, February 15th 2017, 12:37am

If I would receive a free class change I would change the Paladin to Warr instantly!

Tankish in BG: has protecttion and nice heals, but needs gear in PvP.

Gears are comming from the harder astral: S6 + using CS items.

A warr is a lot easier to get aoe agrro and the dps classes don't wait to pally get aggro , doesn't care either if has the Aoe taunt sppel on CD.

They just know has 2x ice entropy and must cast the ICY meteor NOW ( mages) is a very high dmg spell.
Scouts get buff at the start of the fight, if they wait the buff will gone and instantly will go less dps. They for sure will not wait.
Now try to explain to they why they need to wait, it will end up with you are a trash tank, because you don't know how to get agro other tank knows: Spin + 1x aoe high dmg and has aggro without aoe taunt...Pally not....need to wait 2 secand they will not wait.. prefer to run in before tank and die and ask for res...

So Warr for astral: 100%.

If you go with guildies, if you have the constant part if ... if .... tha is better the pally. For random party from Zone chat, Warr

Wednesday, February 15th 2017, 8:18am

azalin71

Trainee

This thread is from a previous patch and have been dead for more than 8 months.

Please dont revive dead threads.
Araanahn - Kanian Crusader - Warsong guild

Friday, February 17th 2017, 3:10pm

thread is still relevant... where is the problem with adding info to it? >_< is better than making 9237428347 new threads with only 2 posts
i would also prefer warriortank in most situations

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Feb 18th 2017, 2:28pm)

Saturday, February 18th 2017, 6:26am

I don't have much experience with warrior tanks, but as a Paladin tank I really don't know where you are coming from with AOE agro problems. It is rare that anyone will pull off me in single or AOE. The times I have run with warrior tanks, they can't hold agro in AOE situations because my single target DPS is too high for their AOE agro to hold. I'm not sure on defenses or support, but there are S6 bosses I can solo as tank.

Saturday, February 18th 2017, 4:56pm

Nandita

Intermediate

The Warrior Tank is more a Healer than a Tank. ^^