You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, June 3rd 2016, 12:25pm

Diktator

Trainee

• "Diktator" started this thread

Returning player.

Hello everyone, so I quit this game almost 2 years ago and I have tried to return a few times but didn't play it for too long.

Now, with the 7.0 update, I see quite a bit has changed, so I was wondering if it's worth coming back to this game again?

And if so, what exactly is different than it was in 6.0 or 5.0?

Is it still hard to farm enough gold to spend on your equipment and cash shop items?
Are p2w items still strong and required for end game content (raids, pvp)? And are they easier to obtain, for a free player, now?

I'm asking this because I am not going to spend any money on this game. I already have mostly level 6 runes and I got other stuff by farming.
I don't mind grinding to get stuff, but even with grinding I still wasn't able to get much. Is it any better now?

Also playerbase is the question. Are there enough people around, queuing for BGs, farming gear and other stuff?

I know it's still a great game, question is if it's playable for a player that doesn't pay?

Friday, June 3rd 2016, 12:42pm

I know it's still a great game, question is if it's playable for a player that doesn't pay?

Ask yourself what your goals are. If you're fine roleplaying, progressing slowly and just messing around, then you'll probably be fine.
If you actually want to participate decent PvP activities and be among the top, you'll either be underdog for a very long time or you can forget about it.

Getting gold isn't hard so to say, it's just a rather boring and tedious process. If you haven't been playing for a while now, then you're most likely a lot behind in terms of boutique stuff as well, so you'd need tons.

Alternatively you can mess around on the new Steam server or the P2P (this does cost a low amount of money though, however pretty affordable). The downside is that you can expect them both to be borderline empty.
Stargazer - P2P League
Hiren - P2P Empire

Friday, June 3rd 2016, 12:49pm

Diktator

Trainee

Ask yourself what your goals are. If you're fine roleplaying, progressing slowly and just messing around, then you'll probably be fine.
If you actually want to participate decent PvP activities and be among the top, you'll either be underdog for a very long time or you can forget about it.

Getting gold isn't hard so to say, it's just a rather boring and tedious process. If you haven't been playing for a while now, then you're most likely a lot behind in terms of boutique stuff as well, so you'd need tons.

Alternatively you can mess around on the new Steam server or the P2P (this does cost a low amount of money though, however pretty affordable). The downside is that you can expect them both to be borderline empty.
Thanks for fast response!
I think I reached max level for previous patch (65?). I don't need to start from zero but I definitely need to catch up(get my runes up to level 7-8, patronage level 5, gear).
There's a new steam server? That's nice but I don't really want to start from 0.

Well I'm gonna have all the time I want in next 3 months to grind stuff so I don't mind it.

Friday, June 3rd 2016, 1:51pm

I think I reached max level for previous patch (65?). I don't need to start from zero but I definitely need to catch up(get my runes up to level 7-8, patronage level 5, gear).

Yeah, good luck with that! if you have only 6 runes, don't expect to go to lvl 8 runes and patronage lvl 5 in this patch, being a free player, eventually you'll get bored of farming every day and you'll quit or pay some real money. How many incarnations do you have?

Friday, June 3rd 2016, 1:52pm

Diktator

Trainee

Yeah, good luck with that! if you have only 6 runes, don't expect to go to lvl 8 runes and patronage lvl 5 in this patch, being a free player, eventually you'll get bored of farming every day and you'll quit or pay some real money. How many incarnations do you have?

2 at the moment, yes I can get some money on them by leveling up. One is low level and other one is around 60-65
Well I guess I'll try, I had fun even with level 6 runes. But not for long because you get outgeared pretty fast.

Friday, June 3rd 2016, 7:50pm

gear gives less power now which makes the gap in BGs smaller
only the teal gear gives a small vigor / stamina bonus, blue purple orange only increase offensive and defensive stats but not basic ones