You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, June 4th 2016, 10:40am

Waldurify

Beginner

• "Waldurify" started this thread

World chat or just chat in general questions

So hi again folks!
I've always wondered why the world chat is limited on the f2p server, is there a really good reason to have it limited? I know you can buy megaphones to use it.
But to me, this feels like you limit the ability for people to socialize. Sure you can use zone chat (don't know if it consumes megaphones)
But since I only have 10 megaphones that i got from a quest and if i only can write 10 chat message, i better have something really important to say.
So is there really a solid reason for you to have it limited? If so tell me :)
Since it can't be for goldsellers, already seen them in world chat.
Can't say that I've seen any other mmo having a limited chat so that's why i'm asking.

Have a good day folks!

Saturday, June 4th 2016, 11:37am

freestile

Professional

i think it's a just a way for them to earn more money^^

personnaly i only use worldchat when i realy want to buy/sell something or find a group faster... but most of the time zone chat will do the job (doesn't consume megaphones btw).

I still don't understand how can some people be so rich that they don't care to waste their money by talking about their like/trolling in worldchat :rolleyes:

Saturday, June 4th 2016, 11:44am

Waldurify

Beginner

Yeah i could guess it was all about the money :)
I guess i'll keep my 10 megaphones in case of emergency or when i'm trying to look for a guild.
And yeah zone chat works aswell, thanks for the info that zone chat was not using megaphones ^^

Saturday, June 4th 2016, 12:37pm

Frakkerz

Trainee

Its actually a common feature in the majority of mmo's.

There is several reasons for it too.

1 of course is to limit the amount of people using world chat irresponsibly such as spamming and just generally childish chat. obviously this still happens but at the players expense (at time of posting it would cost you 1050g per world chat message)

2 this also acts as a deterrent to gold sellers and such. Gold selling IS a business and logic tells you that increased costs makes business less viable.

3 for exclusivity. If i am writing a chat for all players in the faction to see, its going to be for a good reason. Now some would argue that lfg is a good reason. It is. But im willing to pay 1050g so that my lfg msg is seen by everyone and speeds up the process.

4 for correct usage of channels. You have zone chat, you have whisper, you have guild chat, there is no need for world chat unless its for reasons such as explained in [3].

Consider yourself lucky, in some mmorpgs, world chat (global chat) can only be bought with real money, here you can just use gold.

Saturday, June 4th 2016, 1:10pm

Waldurify

Beginner

Sure i can kinda understand the limitation to world chat but i have never seen any other mmo use it and i have played alots of both subscribtion based mmo's and F2P. One mmo that comes to mind with alot of limitations for F2P players was SWTOR but can't remember that the chat was limited.
But my question got answered good enough so i'll stick with zone chat and keep my 10 megaphones until i have something useful to say in world chat :)

Have a good day folks!

Rate this thread