You are not logged in.

Tuesday, April 1st 2014, 1:12am

New Weapon for engineer. Dagger is ridiculous!

As we all know, unless I've been left out of the loop, the engineer can only use daggers as their main hand weapon. This is just stupid. Takes away from the essence of the class. If anything, only allow them to use 1h hammers. Wouldn't that make more sense? I think so.

Honestly though, I think you should implement those extra offhands as weapons, like the bard's instrument and the engineer's cannon. Have them drop and equip like an offhand. But that's just an idea. The more important issue here is giving us something better than a dagger. 1h Hammer seems to make sense cause it relates to the class.

Tuesday, April 1st 2014, 1:17am

frstfire

Beginner

I think it makes perfect sense. No reason to use a 2h weapon, they don't need the faith as they are energy users. And their damage is based on their wand. So what's the issue? Think about it, with the engineer it reminds me of someone from the wild west. Wielding a gun, and if the gun gets knocked out of their hand they can pull a dagger from their boot and still fight (obviously not happening in game but that's what comes to mind).
Demlock's Summoner Guide - Click Here

Tuesday, April 1st 2014, 1:17am

Oracle

Intermediate

The idea was that it's a "ceremonial dagger", not for combat purposes. Like the kind that are given for awards. At no point should the Engineer actually use it in combat :P it's just supposed to sit there and look pretty, and give you a few extra stats :D

Tuesday, April 1st 2014, 2:16am

Dragagon_old

Unregistered

I think it makes perfect sense. Think about it, with the engineer it reminds me of someone from the wild west. Wielding a gun, and if the gun gets knocked out of their hand they can pull a dagger from their boot and still fight
Mind showing us you're Melee Dagger spec?

Tuesday, April 1st 2014, 10:35pm

i thought i saw a engie using dual swords or dual daggers...? dual something
Sailoryue: lvl 60 Bard
Painkiller: lvl 50 Healer
Palpatine: Lvl 45 Psi (ret)
Mereda: lvl 53 scout (ret)
(anonymous): lvl 55 Paladin (RET)

Wednesday, April 9th 2014, 11:29am

I made a ticket about this

I suggested them to make a command like /cannon that shows the cannon like in combat instead of the dagger.
That would satisfy me already.
I

Wednesday, April 9th 2014, 12:05pm

It is useless to implement 2 weapon types only for two classes. Daggers are the weapons given to non-weapon users - mages, psis, summoners, engineers. Considering that they are not physically strong, a dagger makes perfect sense - it is the lightest of weapons, they don't use it, just have it on their belt for its magical powers. Why pick a hammer that will just dangle on your belt when you can pick something 10 times lighter? It just makes no sense to me.
Colin Quinn Recipe for success/dinner. 1/2 cup of brass you know whats, a tablespoon of I don't give a care, and a pound of get off my back, jack!

Wednesday, April 9th 2014, 2:24pm

Lolled

i somehow agree but its still a game, dont think out of the box.
Just make a command /cannon like i said before and you wil show the cannon all the time, what weapon type you wear does not matter then i guess, atleast that would work for me.
I

Wednesday, April 9th 2014, 2:31pm

GuessItsAmber

Intermediate

It is useless to implement 2 weapon types only for two classes. Daggers are the weapons given to non-weapon users - mages, psis, summoners, engineers. Considering that they are not physically strong, a dagger makes perfect sense - it is the lightest of weapons, they don't use it, just have it on their belt for its magical powers. Why pick a hammer that will just dangle on your belt when you can pick something 10 times lighter? It just makes no sense to me.

Mages and Summoners can use staffs also. PSI's can also use fist weapons.

Wednesday, April 9th 2014, 2:44pm

Mages and Summoners can use staffs also. PSI's can also use fist weapons.

They also rely on Faith, and so require a 2h option to trade stats for mana
Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Wednesday, April 9th 2014, 3:47pm

Lolled

i somehow agree but its still a game, dont think out of the box.
Just make a command /cannon like i said before and you wil show the cannon all the time, what weapon type you wear does not matter then i guess, atleast that would work for me.

Sure. I would actually love to have the option to walk around with my weapons drawn permanently, maybe only sheathe them in the safe zone. The engineer with the cannon looks cool... and so does a warrior with dual axes. :D
Colin Quinn Recipe for success/dinner. 1/2 cup of brass you know whats, a tablespoon of I don't give a care, and a pound of get off my back, jack!