You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, June 13th 2016, 2:48am

Just some thoughts for some changes to the CS and game at Large

Hello there, I'm here to discuss a problem with certain things in the game and with most older F2P formatted games. Most Free to Play games suffer from certain things one of these is loss of interest due to the game being reliant on Alternative currency for functional aspects of the game.

I know Companies who run these "Free" games do have bills to pay. I'm not saying get rid of the cash-shop, I'm saying make the cash shop for mainly things that are nice to have but not vital. Take Allods, its a great game don't get me wrong. But I don't see a lot of people flocking to the game for similar reasons. One thing it had its name dragged through the mud due to a poor cash shop setup prior to my.com getting it. and still some things are not quite where they should be as it were. Take Crystal Chips, Incense, and Uncursing scrolls as an example. Runes are kinda Vital in game for endgame content and PVP. Crystal Chips are a necessary Item to make Runes better.

I'm not saying just hand em out free. Make people earn em in game via Daily quests and the like. That way players are subjected to Pay to win scenarios. same with incense, the benefits are great, but you can get a temp "Buff" from the city for 4hrs. Make a challenging Quest to earn say a small incense pack.You can still have it in shop for those who have the excess disposable income. Just make it easier to get for those who don't.

And to my Main point if you shifted focus from functional things like crystal chips and incense and even astral ship building stuff to mainly thing to cosmetics for players, mounts and Astral ships. People will spend money on them I've seen this first hand you'd make alot of money maybe more then previously with the old set up.

This just my opinion and Open it to discussion to any and all. Please be civil and don't hate on this thread cause I'm using common sense.

Monday, June 13th 2016, 12:43pm

freestile

Professional

the biggest issue still remain for me the prices that is way too hight.

+ the fact that farming ig to get gold to by BC - vs - working irl to buy BC is soooo unbalanced
==> i mean i can farm 1,5k BC every 2 weeks by farming 8h a day while with my summer job i can get the same amount of BC with the money i get for 1-2 hours of work; i know that irl money must remain > to ig capabilty of farming for the game to stay alive but at that point? seriously ;(

Monday, June 13th 2016, 1:20pm

RE: Just some thoughts for some changes to the CS and game at Large

Make people earn em in game via Daily quests and the like. That way players are subjected to Pay to win scenarios. same with incense, the benefits are great, but you can get a temp "Buff" from the city for 4hrs. Make a challenging Quest to earn say a small incense pack.You can still have it in shop for those who have the excess disposable income. Just make it easier to get for those who don't..

incense does not give any "great buff" in my opinion
long time ago it gave a significant dmgbonus but this is so long ago that even when i started playing this was no longer the case
so what is left is the shortening of longterm-CC (which nobody uses anyway) and the option to use the martyrskills better than the salvation (which some ppl use but usually its not worth using them anyway)

but aside from the question about its actual worth, there IS a daily quest which rewards you with a 24H incense + 10 units mountfood; its called regular customers (rune-vendor NPC gives that qest)

as a dedicated free player its surely possible to achieve everything a paying players gets, just (a bit? depends on how much the paying one spends :P) slower
but keep in mind there are even scenarios where farmers at the end of the month have more BC available than paying players as they for example spend 20 $ / month while the farmer earns 5000 BC / month which is equal to 50$ :)

so you have the choice, you can play to get your things or you can pay, but they wont come without further ado ^^

i also think its sad that actual farming (killing mobs!) does give so little gold
farming should be made harder but more rewarding
if you take a look at KOE now, even with level 58 & leveling gear most mobs die in a few seconds
there is not any "hard" farmingarea in the game

solo.adventures are great but its not the typical mobfarming i talk about

i miss wellebell, with warbanners and crownmobs that are hard but still possible to mass-kill depending on our strenght
and i miss old crater (before mobs got the vulnearability buff that made aoefarming impossible)

new KOE is really nice but mobkills are not so high rewarding as they (in my opinion) should be

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Jun 13th 2016, 1:26pm)