You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, April 1st 2014, 3:40am

Quest rewards sure do suck now

I felt like making a new topic even though there's one related to it. I cannot for the life of me understand why the people who run this game would get rid of perfectly good, artistically crafted gear. I used to look forward to completing quests and getting rewards. Now completing quests feels boring and pointless. Even if you get a new armor, it all looks the same. It doesn't even look remotely appealing, and no matter which class you are, you get the same ugly vest. I understand that the emphasis has been put on vanity, but my point is that receiving something really intricate and something thoughtfully designed, was really a nice treat. Now I'm not even sure I want to invest anymore time in this game.

"Ok, so not a lot will change, right?

That’s right. You should keep on enjoying Allods and the last events our community team has been preparing for you! We hope you’ll be curious about what Webzen has in store for you in 2014 since we’ll be announcing a lot of good stuff. It’s going to be an avalanche of surprises!"

Not only was this answer inaccurate, I am sorely disappointed with what has been "in store" for us so far. X(

Tuesday, April 1st 2014, 3:52am

I Assume you are referring to leveling.
So let me put it this way they don't make money off players leveling (not new ones anyway) but they do make money of lvl 60 players buying the CS stuff so they want to make it as quick and painless as possible to level your toon to lvl 60 so you spend money.

Also look in the wardrobe there are allot of vanity items coming up particularly in the prophetic cards which hopefully wont be stupidly set up again with crappy rewards and high compass costs.

And all the astral gear looked the same in 51-55 patch anyway so not much changed.

Tuesday, April 1st 2014, 3:57am

I understand. I'm just saying that I found incentive and love for this game through the little rewards we got along the way. Now it just feels like empty grinding and there are less things to look forward to. I can't be the only one frustrated by this.

Without incentive and love for the game, I have no reason to spend money on it. So they lose out.

Wednesday, April 2nd 2014, 1:01am

I guess I stand alone. I have one more reason this new "vanity only" as a way to look like a cool looking character rule is lame. Before, you could sometimes choose between the look of different parts of your armor, boots, gloves belt, pants (unless you had a robe). Now you're only really meant to wear vanity which makes all of those decisions for you. Everyone already looked mostly the same, but now we look even more like stupid clones of each other.

Why wouldn't this game want to encourage the pleasure some people might get from having a unique appearance? Again... the happier people are fitting into the game (without having to pay money), the more likely they are to actually buy things.

Wednesday, April 2nd 2014, 1:24am

this game has the best vanity system there is when compared to every other MMORPg i've played so I don't see a reason to complain about it

over 9000 hours in MSPAINT

Wednesday, April 2nd 2014, 1:38am

Dragagon_old

Unregistered

And all the astral gear looked the same in 51-55 patch anyway so not much changed.
51-55 patch didn't introduce any new endgame gear (except ofc for Tep's relics) so the Moon/Sun/Dawn/Sunset sets remained the same. That patch was about glyphs, not gear. This patch is about new gear. Your economics argument certainly makes sense but that isn't enough for a whole new gear set not to be modeled originally - even their names lack creativity lol: Cap of Anger, Wand of Brutality, etc. at least it's easier to know which gear has which stats now :rolleyes: