You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, June 17th 2016, 4:15pm

Quoted from "Hiren"

my greatest issue with it is the performance. For what it looks, it doesn't run all that great and even with decent settings on the player draw distance is pretty disappointing.

turn down/off the sky-effects and the antialiasing, these 2 are the only performance-eaters which change almost nothing visually but take many resources from your GPU :)

Friday, June 17th 2016, 5:05pm

Pochtron

Intermediate

Also it's not misleading, he did tell his reasons and he's not wrong. Would you seriously suggest to play Allods as an MMORPG (not counting Russian servers) to a friend of yours? There're about half a dozen F2P MMORPGs still around with significantly less P2W elements, way more active players and possibly more content.

I totally would. As a new player discovering Allods, there's quite a lot to do and have fun with others if you get the "competition" aspect out of the way, and this you can do totally free of charge for quite a while, if you plan to explore both league & empire side. Not many games have such a deep lore as Allods has, and the atmosphere in this game is unique. Call me a fanboy, but yes, Allods is awesome.
Even without playing it till the end he could at least have made some research and link nice videos or part of them in the mode "i don't have time to do all this, but here is a glimpse of the endgame stuff you can expect in allods". That would at least be a bit more fair to the game.

Friday, June 17th 2016, 7:16pm

i would also recommend it to everyone interested in internetgames

sometimes ppl seem to forget that allods is not only about 1vs1 fighting against veterans which play for 5 years+
that there are other rookies to fight too
that most fights are not 1 vs 1
that even as a rookie you can ruin it for a veteran for example if you CC him in the right moment or put some +25% dmg effect on him...

there is so much more in allods

Friday, June 17th 2016, 8:17pm

Mhuldoon

Professional

Quoted

Would you seriously suggest to play Allods as an MMORPG (not counting Russian servers) to a friend of yours?
I have before and would happily do so again, regardless of my non-player involvement in it (I originally played it in 2010, loooong before becoming staff). Allods never was and never will be perfect, but you can't deny that if you give the time required to peel back the generic complaint-layers, there is magic buried under there and has been since the day it was made. A lot of love went into the game and you can see it when you're not hooked up on the initial impression seeking.

There's no denying some of said generic complaints, though people must remember that this game was originally released in 2009. It's beyond the point where slapping a plaster on it, or a new coat of paint, would modernize it to the level people seem to crave in today's era of MMORPGs and it shows in some initial impressions when it comes to those looking for a very specific type of game, yet it still holds up very well (for those who don't say "Tab Targetting" with a sigh).

@Soundtrack discussion: Like any OST / album / music in general, there will always be those tracks that just don't click with you, yet even today I dug through the entire AO OST on the RU website and have to say the majority still as splendid to listen to than they were to me when I first played the game. I could still listen to Yasker Tower theme all day on loop and not bat an eyelid, it's that good (to me, at least).

Regards,
Mhul

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Mhuldoon" (Jun 17th 2016, 8:54pm)

Friday, June 17th 2016, 8:39pm

Quoted

Would you seriously suggest to play Allods as an MMORPG (not counting Russian servers) to a friend of yours?
I have before and would happily do so again, regardless of my non-player involvement in it (I originally played it in 2010, loooong before becoming staff). Allods never was and never will be perfect, but you can't deny that if you give the time required to peel back the generic complaint-layers, there is magic buried under there and has been since the day it was made. A lot of love went into the game and you can see it when you're not hooked up on the initial impression seeking.

There's no denying some of said generic complaints, though people must remember that this game was originally released in 2009, nearing a decade in age. It's beyond the point where slapping a plaster on it, or a new coat of paint, would modernize it to the level people seem to crave in today's era of MMORPGs and it shows in some initial impressions when it comes to those looking for a very specific type of game, yet it still holds up very well (for those who don't say "Tab Targetting" with a sigh).

@Soundtrack discussion: Like any OST / album / music in general, there will always be those tracks that just don't click with you, yet even today I dug through the entire AO OST on the RU website and have to say the majority still as splendid to listen to than they were to me when I first played the game. I could still listen to Yasker Tower theme all day on loop and not bat an eyelid, it's that good (to me, at least).

Regards,
Mhul
You're right the game does have some magic in it and it what made me fell in love with it, but the developers were (and still) very greedy and decided to turn this into one of the most p2w games in this genre, I played for a while even after it went p2w hoping that they might revert some of the bad things but no they just added more and more p2w and I couldn't bear to spend more money on a game..

Today the situation is even worse, you got people that kept playing and they got so much p2w stuff on them that new players don't even stand a slight chance.

So no I won't recommend this game to any other.

And don't tell me about the p2p desert server, I logged in 2 times there and I swear I was in call of duty servers with more players.

Friday, June 17th 2016, 9:01pm

Mhuldoon

Professional

Quoted

I won't recommend this game to any other

Quoted

And don't tell me about the p2p desert server, I logged in 2 times there and I swear I was in call of duty servers
I hope you see the irony in this combination.

Regards,
Mhul

Friday, June 17th 2016, 10:07pm

Quoted from "LittleNicky"

Today the situation is even worse, you got people that kept playing and they got so much p2w stuff on them that new players don't even stand a slight chance.

sometimes ppl seem to forget that allods is not only about 1vs1 fighting against veterans which play for 5 years+

plus: if you would have kept playing you would be somewhere close to them then

...when i started i also faced players with full level 9 runes, i had 211 111! but did i quit? no! i decided to get stronger instead of complaining
now i have the level 9's
i would really, REALLY like to know where i would be now if i had played from the beginning, its a shame i did not know about this game when it got released!

Friday, June 17th 2016, 10:31pm

Quoted

Quoted

And don't tell me about the p2p desert server, I logged in 2 times there and I swear I was in call of duty servers

Regards,
Mhul

You can tell to a few friends, and if everybody will do this, we will have 10-20 more players on p2p. An MMORPG doesn't work like this, you need a lot of advertising, because you need a lot of players. We pay for playing already, so it is not our job to advertise the game, we just want to log in and pop a god damn skirmish ( RIP skirmishes on p2p :sleeping: ) You would think that if they make 10s of thousands during sales like the battle armour, they would have enough money to advertise and secure the game's future by bringing more players, but naah.

Saturday, June 18th 2016, 10:56am

Quoted

Quoted

Regards,
Mhul
Well yeah but the problem with p2p server is that when you recommend that to other players then they can compare the game to other p2p games, and you have to agree other p2p games are far more active/well designed/polished/simply better, so in other words why would someone pay a monthly subscription here when they can pay to a better product? That's at least what my friends would say (as I would say too)..

The server is already dead so why not remove the p2p option and just make it b2p or something? Then you can compare to other b2p games but at least it's not p2p..

Also you might say about needed revenue and such but remember that the whales are keeping this game alive in their f2p server so anyway the p2p server gives negligible revenue, so b2p with cash shop cosmetics only like other games.

Sunday, June 19th 2016, 10:04pm

Frakkerz

Trainee

I'm totally against the b2p option, it sounds like such an unattractive option for new players to pay a lumpsum when they can subscribe instead. As a f2p player, i pay how much i want, when i want.

However what i think is likely to happen on the p2p server, is that people are making small "trial" purchases to see if the game is worth their long term time investment, and then they feel:
they are paying xx amount per month for leveling which they can find in f2p.

What they really are paying for is a balanced pvp server, not levelling.

I suggest allowing players to level their characters to 70 as their free trial period. After this, you can bet your entire life saving that a player who makes it to max level, will definately subscribe.

This would increase the servers lower level population by an insane amount, and create a player base with potential to subscribe and actively play at end game.

Monday, June 20th 2016, 2:47pm

IAmGroot

Professional

I suggest allowing players to level their characters to 70 as their free trial period. After this, you can bet your entire life saving that a player who makes it to max level, will definately subscribe.

This would increase the servers lower level population by an insane amount, and create a player base with potential to subscribe and actively play at end game.
I had not thought of this idea yet nor have I heard anyone else suggest it. However, I can definitely say that this is legitimately THE BEST option I have heard to [re]populate the P2P server.

An amazing idea.

Monday, June 20th 2016, 3:41pm

what would happen after reaching level 70? paywall? account locked until payment? or just cant participate in BGs / gearing instances?
this kind of paywall would not get good reputation, imagine ppl playing and suddenly games says "enter coin to continue"....

better make 1st 7 days free or something, so its clear for the player where he is at

either i play or free on free server where i pay what i want (including 0,00!) or i play on paymentserver and pay monthly for the sake of having no itemshop

Monday, June 20th 2016, 4:26pm

IAmGroot

Professional

what would happen after reaching level 70? account locked until payment?
Yes, this exactly. That character (not account, that would be silly) would get locked until you decided to subscribe.
And if it was known beforehand, I don't think anyone would have an issue with this.

Monday, June 20th 2016, 4:41pm

im not sure; i think making whole leveling free would be a bit too much... (on paymentserver!)
while power of chars is limited on subscriptionserver they still have a lot of talentpoints, level 5 runes (the hidden invisible ones) and the complete earringslot, they get looter with level 35...
what i want to say is if you want free leveling there is the free server

Monday, June 20th 2016, 4:53pm

angered

Trainee

Leveling has nothing to do with endgame. Let them hit 65/70 to get a taste of the game, don't ban the character, but rather just lock all endgame content. Could be seen to be similar to WoW's "Expansions" where you can't progress until you get the next expansion.

*Don't allow them to trade with other players w/o sub

Monday, June 20th 2016, 6:21pm

freestile

Professional

i think Glitchy's idea is a (very?) good one, at least the best i've seen concerning th p2p issue ;)

but i also think a bit like AOP : lvling is a (big) part of the game, and that even if a lot of people mostly care about endgame.
It has always bothered me a bit that everyone seems to consider endgame as THE game and lvling as just a annoying step before to have the right to get to this Real game...

Monday, June 20th 2016, 11:34pm

Aionwen

Professional

free content will just always lure our beloved suckers, so free levelin on p2p has to be restricted in some kind, i.e. no goldtrading? and i would prefer a timelimit of playtime after reaching maxlvl and not to be exclused right the moment i reach the top, maybe a 5-7 days?

sure leveling is a nice part of the games content especially if u like to fight ur way through a fantasyworld and get ur xp and stuff BUT as we all know its not if u want to taste endgame, further grpactivities, getting greatness or building allods...

imo it ends up in the question will suckers destroy the game more with free availability and accounttrading or would really more ppl join p2p if they could test the game for free in a better way then now, i.e. test on f2p till lvl xy and then switch server.

i deleated wow for having no automove and no tabtarget anyways but i experienced the free to lvl20 offer and didnt like it.
imo its just for total noobs with no clue about fantasy hacknslays (adventure *hust*), the turnierserver with a complet maxlvlchar for free to test builds in pvp is superior tbh

and no i wouldnt recommend allods anymore coz all classes lost their fantasy and it became like a boring beatemup also i wouldnt say its worth playing if u have not a wide set of chars or investments or friends in the game allready.
PLS make Tekians playable race. fix shipcanons!

Tuesday, June 21st 2016, 8:34am

Mhuldoon

Professional

Regarding the P2P suggestion,

Never say never, though I can tell you it won't happen any time soon. We DO have something else on the cards for P2P in the near future, so keep your eyes on the news feed.

@The comment about 'it's up to the company to promote', sure, they set the foundation and typically handle the grunt work - but it never only boils down to them alone. How many games have you bought/checked based on word of mouth, a good review, a youtuber's vid etc? Plenty, I'm sure, if you're a regular gamer. Rarely does it succeed based on one side alone (with exceptions of course) -- there'll always be that wonder-game that just explodes into viral territory for X or Y (or both), but in most cases its a combined effort, hence why even small things like a positive steam review or a video can be very important (and often under-appreciated).

We're still taking small steps now that 7.0 is finally out there, such as Steam, Launcher, upcoming P2P news etc -- but for an old game like Allods, promotion is a sketchy subject.

Regards,
Mhul

This post has been edited 4 times, last edit by "Mhuldoon" (Jun 22nd 2016, 1:12pm)

Friday, July 1st 2016, 9:03pm

Totaly agree on everything he said.Take for example Wildstar.This game item shop only offers costumes mounts and exp boosts etc.No runes no other BS items.

Friday, July 1st 2016, 9:59pm

There are two kinds of RPG players, one is the player who just wants to level up and get to endgame and the other is the player who immerses himself with the lore of the game. Allods is built for the second type of player, the focus of the game is to tell it's story while not making the player think of gearing up or upgrade his current gear to make himself stronger, a player just needs to swap gear when the opportunity arises. Then when he gets to the endgame he gets to focus on improving gear and testing out builds to show what he's got in PVP.

I am playing an engineer and it wasn't until i got to level 15 that I was able to see the potential of the class. First impressions are misleading and should be limited to arcade games and fps games. First impressions don't do justice to an MMORPG.

The youtuber's cockiness makes me want to slap him silly. Giving a definite recommendation for a game he has not played even 2% of it's content is pure stupidity.

@crusoebg - the item shop is accessible to any player of Allods via crystal exchange. I should know since I am have a Pat 5 account with lvl 5 runes, a decent mount, a fully upgraded bank, and everything essential that improves my toons, all the while not even spending 1 dime of my real money. Farm gold gain item shop items. I can farm 50k gold per day just by doing dailies and doing a few runs in astral.