You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, June 16th 2016, 10:57pm

Allods Online First Impressions "Is It Worth Playing?"

Published on Jun 16, 2016

Thursday, June 16th 2016, 11:18pm

freestile

Professional

i loved when he says, "doesn't look like an exploration game", omg i'd like so much if they would put a bit of this exploration aspect into the game.

many others interesting comments in this, these kind videos are always interesting to watch, ty ;)

Friday, June 17th 2016, 7:20am

He should try questing through Dane if he wants some exploration

Friday, June 17th 2016, 10:04am

freestile

Professional

where did you see exploration in Dane ?(

Friday, June 17th 2016, 10:14am

BasaWik

Beginner

Does anyone check Ovelall part of video.
He says:
-Would i play this game again? - Nope.
-Would i recommend this game to my viewers? - Nope.
Ork - Warden
Logo
-Syntesis-

Friday, June 17th 2016, 10:33am

Does anyone check Ovelall part of video.
He says:
-Would i play this game again? - Nope.
-Would i recommend this game to my viewers? - Nope.

Which was kind of expected, seeing how he was bored out of his mind on level 5 already.
Stargazer - P2P League
Hiren - P2P Empire

Friday, June 17th 2016, 10:58am

Pochtron

Intermediate

Giving opinion about Allods when you only play it up to level 12-13 is complete bullshit. This guy hasn't seen anything from endgame : no pvp, no astral, no raids, no bgs, no ships. Nothing. He didn't even see Tenebra, or Asee-Tep, Kirah, or Dane. Or the Priden land. I don't know what kind of reputation this guy has in MMO reviews, but if he reviews all others like Allods he's nothing but a big joke.

The only way to review allods is to get one's hands on an endgame toon and then see what the game truely is.

For some review waaaaaay back in time, guys like him have been invited by GMs (Narsaloff) in game and offered a preview of the new raid (it was Dead City back then). They could play it with endgame toons and then see for real what's in it.

I don't know if this can be done again, but at least some GM could return to this guy and offer him a miraculous ark so he can get a glimpse about endgame before giving his opinion.
Such badly done reviews based on 2% of the content of the game can still do quite some harm if not answered or dealed with properly.

Friday, June 17th 2016, 11:27am

Giving opinion about Allods when you only play it up to level 12-13 is complete bullshit. This guy hasn't seen anything from endgame : no pvp, no astral, no raids, no bgs, no ships. Nothing. He didn't even see Tenebra, or Asee-Tep, Kirah, or Dane. Or the Priden land. I don't know what kind of reputation this guy has in MMO reviews, but if he reviews all others like Allods he's nothing but a big joke.

The only way to review allods is to get one's hands on an endgame toon and then see what the game truely is.

For some review waaaaaay back in time, guys like him have been invited by GMs (Narsaloff) in game and offered a preview of the new raid (it was Dead City back then). They could play it with endgame toons and then see for real what's in it.

I don't know if this can be done again, but at least some GM could return to this guy and offer him a miraculous ark so he can get a glimpse about endgame before giving his opinion.
Such badly done reviews based on 2% of the content of the game can still do quite some harm if not answered or dealed with properly.

He did say it's not a review by all means, it's just first impressions. It's exactly what any new players will feel when they enter the game without any research.

Also the thing is, on most points he's not wrong about the early game. Leveling is really boring, which consists mostly autowalking by just pressing a single button and instantly finishing your quests with Marks of Faith. Many of the new classes with the introduction of 7.0 became insanely boring to play on low levels too.

As for reviewing MMORPGs in general, it's not an easy thing. Youtubers have to make content, this guy said his viewers requested he does a video about Allods. If he were to get into the game to make a decent enough review, it'd take months of gameplay just for this one game. You'd need to level up, gear up, get cash shop gear, learn your class and get into a guild which actually does content - all that just for a review.

If he were to get a journalist account/character, it wouldn't help much either. He'd know close to nothing about how hard/expensive is to get cash shop stuff, the leveling and gearing process, he'd most likely suck at his class and nobody would take him to any decent content.
Stargazer - P2P League
Hiren - P2P Empire

Friday, June 17th 2016, 11:35am

Well review is not based on 2% since he showed gameplay a bit questing and you can see how bored he is. Allods not about new expansions with new story. Important part is core story and Im %100 sure there is not so many players that knows full story. Im glad to see that he didnt realize rune system or battle armor thing. If he would see these things review would go litterally shit. It is true that allods doesnt provide much from other MMO's that out there. Yeah Allods have a good raids but amount of raid is pretty low. At the end review was okay (this game deserve worse review tbh)
poot poot poot poot poot... POOTIE!! YOU'VE BEEN POOTED!!!

Friday, June 17th 2016, 12:17pm

Pochtron

Intermediate

Thing is, the time spent leveling vs. the time spent in endgame is pretty much insignifiant. He didn't even ask himself what's at the end of the road. If he's bored that fast he should not review MMos but arcade games or any that don't require tme investment to get something from it. Same for any players that follow his reviews.

I agree it would take a lot of time to get to the endgame part, but if he had a journalist account he could at least show the endgame parts and have a more complete view of the game, even if he's not good enough to play it. I'm pretty sure lots of guilds would happily show a journalist around in some raids/pvp or other stuff if asked for it to showcase Allods.

Saying he won't play again nor recommend it to others when he barely scratched the surface is misleading people.

Friday, June 17th 2016, 1:59pm

no serious potential player with interest would judge a game by a bad and incomplete reveiw done by some random...
if you are interested in the game you will try it yourself anyway, you will watch other videos (while downloading), you will visit the forum...

ppl who get bored this fast by anything anyway are not the targetgroup for this kind of game, they are the targetgroup for arcadegames on mobilephones

Friday, June 17th 2016, 2:09pm

I almost died when he said : I wonder if this game is Pay2Win, and then he looks in the cash shop at some potions and says: If they stack, this game is P2W. Poor guy has no idea how much cancer is in the Cash Shop. The review is accurate in my opinion, because this is the feeling that a new player would get by playing allods in 2016 for the first time. The game feels boring now when you have soo many other better and cheaper alternatives.
And @Pochtron , I almost agree with what you are saying, but i remember that it took me 2-3 years to finally level up a character to max level, a new player is not interested soo much in the end content, because if leveling up sucks, the end content is pretty much useless because you will not keep playing a boring game for too long. This is another mistake of Allods, it freaking rushes you to get to the cap lvl, you just fly through hundreds and hundreds of quests ( like he said - he interacts more with his quest log).
So please, don't get offended if MMO standards got a bit higher than they were back in 2009. The review is accurate and he didn't even have an idea of how massive the Cash Shop is( like this is insane).
What else did you want him to show to you? What else can you do in allods until cap lvl? He showed how dungeons are useless because now you do them only with mercenaries, he showed the process of questing, which is boring and will repeat itself until you end all the questing zones. Ohh, allods has battlegrounds? It has a few dungeons? What game doesn't have these? You are just being fanboys

Friday, June 17th 2016, 2:38pm

This is not a review this is first impressions, of course to review a mmorpg you have to play a lot of hours and see the end game etc..

About his impressions he is right, the leveling is extremely out dated and boring, every mmorpg (even WoW) changed the leveling to be faster because people get bored fast today of doing the same thing, especially when this is tab target combat and not action combat..

He doesn't see a lot of players leveling with him, he doesn't have pvp and dungeons with other players until much later, all he got is the auto walk and do the same quests every mmorpg player knows which are kill 20 of those, gather 20 of these, deliver this to that..

He asks in the end why would anyone play this when they got other f2p mmorpgs and tbh he is right, the unique thing about allods was always astral and ships, but in order to reach that you need to do a lot of boring stuff and it's hard to do that when you have much better alternatives..

So if they really even serious about the game then they should completely change the leveling to be faster and have pvp and dungeons and astral (with ships) during leveling..

Friday, June 17th 2016, 2:38pm

other games have dungeons and battlegrounds? no really?!?! :D

but tell me **ONE** other game that has a

autolooter,
reincarnations,
a cashshop that is 100% available to free players via goldexchange,
automove,
visually highlighted questrelated objects so you can play without even readig one questtext,
mercenaries so you dont have to interact with other players at all
gets so frequent expansions,
rewards veteran players so they have a reason to stay in game;
along with incredible landscapes,
atmospheric sound,
astral ships,
and lovely little details (made with love)...?

^these things are not the POV from a fan of the game, these are facts

and that ALL...! for FREE!
(and you can even select a subscription if the itemshop scares you)

not to mention allods even runs on a wooden computer while still able to look amazing with graphics set to max...

(i did not even list great things like a really worth to read lore, fast traveling, complex mechanics yet easy to learn, a community developing addons, nearly no rules at all as they get enforced by gamemechanics anyway,....)

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Jun 17th 2016, 2:46pm)

Friday, June 17th 2016, 2:58pm

other games have dungeons and battlegrounds? no really?!?! :D

but tell me **ONE** other game that has a

autolooter, EHRMAGHERD AMAZING 8o, WHICH YOU GET AFTER YOU GET TO LVL 70, SO IT'S USELESS ANYWAY(FOR FREE PLAYERS WHO FARM FOR CRYSTALS) OR PAY 5 EUROS
reincarnations, THIS IS BECAUSE OF THE MASSIVE CASH SHOP, NO CASH SHOP = NO REINCARNATION NEEDED, IT'S NOT THAT HARD TO UNDERSTAND
a cashshop that is 100% available to free players via goldexchange, AHAHAHA :D AND WHO GIVES YOU BACK THE 10 YEARS OF YOUR LIFE IN WHICH YOU FARM 20 HOURS/DAY TO GET ALL THE CASH-SHOP ITEMS?
automove,EHRMAGHERD AMAZING 8o
visually highlighted questrelated objects so you can play without even readig one questtext, EHRMAGHERD AMAZING 8o
mercenaries so you dont have to interact with other players at all, MERCENARIES ARE THERE BECAUSE YOU CAN'T FIND ENOUGH LOW LEVEL PLAYERS TO HELP YOU WITH DUNGEONS
gets so frequent expansions, THE YEARLY EXPANSION IS COOL, THIS IS THE ONLY THING THAT I FIND COOL IN THIS LIST UNTIL NOW
rewards veteran players so they have a reason to stay in game; WHAT? AFTER 5 YEARS I GET A NEW ANIMATION FOR PATRONAGE SKILLS AND 10% DISCOUNT TO VENDORS? EHRMAGHERD AMAZING 8o
along with incredible landscapes, YEAH BECAUSE OTHER GAMES DON'T HAVE LANDSCAPES
atmospheric sound, LIKE THE HORRIBLE COMMUNIST MUSIC IN NEZEBGRAD? EHRMAGHERD AMAZING 8o
astral ships, YES, PROBABLY FOR SOME PLAYERS, I NEVER WAS INTO IT ANYWAY
and lovely little details (made with love)...?

and that ALL...! for FREE!
(and you can even select a subscription if the itemshop scares you)

not to mention allods even runs on a wooden computer while still able to look amazing with graphics set to max...
I play allods because it was cool when there was no gipat and because it was one of the games of my childhood, and that gave me feelings for it, and many other players do the same, not because i have an auto-looter.

Friday, June 17th 2016, 3:12pm

so as i said, you know NO other game
thanks, question answered

and with rewards for veterans i did not mean the badge you get, i meant that as a veteran you ave simply much more things than a rookie thus you are superior even if the rookie plays well

also, mercenaries are preferable to real players in many cases, or are you willing to 1st search for a group and then explain things to them, with a risk of someone simply not understanding it or quitting in middle of progress? or wait for him if he as to afk etc? or feel stressed if you have to afk?
i prefer to just get into the dungeon, having mercenaries instantly available, doing exactly what i want, whenever i want, no need to explain anything
just get it, kill stuff, loot, done

Friday, June 17th 2016, 3:24pm

Psh, I loved that video, absolutely hilarious.

Friday, June 17th 2016, 3:44pm

so as i said, you know NO other game
thanks, question answered

Dude, you literally listed Astral Ships and asked if it exists in other game. It's a thing specific to Allods lore, obviously there's no freaking other game like that.

The majority of the other things do exist in many MMORPGs, maybe not all of them but I'm pretty sure that modern Lineage 2 has about all of those functions.

no serious potential player with interest would judge a game by a bad and incomplete reveiw done by some random...
if you are interested in the game you will try it yourself anyway, you will watch other videos (while downloading), you will visit the forum...

ppl who get bored this fast by anything anyway are not the targetgroup for this kind of game, they are the targetgroup for arcadegames on mobilephones

Did you seriously expect a video with a title of "first impressions" to be a complete review?
As for people getting bored, there's the other side of the coin. They dumbed down everything in order to make leveling easier, but it's still a somewhat lengthy process. On top of that it's boring as hell now. Try and make a brand new scout, watching a 3 seconds channeling volley animation that's doing borderline no damage is not my idea of a fun gameplay.

I agree it would take a lot of time to get to the endgame part, but if he had a journalist account he could at least show the endgame parts and have a more complete view of the game, even if he's not good enough to play it. I'm pretty sure lots of guilds would happily show a journalist around in some raids/pvp or other stuff if asked for it to showcase Allods.

Saying he won't play again nor recommend it to others when he barely scratched the surface is misleading people.

Even if assuming that a youtuber was given a pimped out character to do a review and taken with a decent guild to raid with, he'd still need probably tens of hours invested into understanding the game decently enough to form an opinion. Now these people aren't doing this kind of stuff for charity and I'm not surprised someone wouldn't halt other content for a week or two just in order to make a decent-ish review of an old, almost deserted game.

Also it's not misleading, he did tell his reasons and he's not wrong. Would you seriously suggest to play Allods as an MMORPG (not counting Russian servers) to a friend of yours? There're about half a dozen F2P MMORPGs still around with significantly less P2W elements, way more active players and possibly more content.
Stargazer - P2P League
Hiren - P2P Empire

Friday, June 17th 2016, 3:45pm

Mhuldoon

Professional

Quoted

LIKE THE HORRIBLE COMMUNIST MUSIC IN NEZEBGRAD? EHRMAGHERD AMAZING 8o
Since when did Communism have a particular sound? The Empire are the militaristic faction hence have very militaristic music -- music taste being relative (hey, I love that tune).

Quoted

WHO GIVES YOU BACK THE 10 YEARS OF YOUR LIFE IN WHICH YOU FARM 20 HOURS/DAY TO GET ALL THE CASH-SHOP ITEMS?
Nobody gives you time back for anything in life. How you spend it is up to you. Doesn't change the fact that it is there, albeit player economy driven.

Quoted

WHAT? AFTER 5 YEARS I GET A NEW ANIMATION FOR PATRONAGE SKILLS AND 10% DISCOUNT TO VENDORS? EHRMAGHERD AMAZING 8o
Veteran perks where present for years (probably even since the start). They are not a new phenomenon by any stretch.

Quoted

THIS IS BECAUSE OF THE MASSIVE CASH SHOP, NO CASH SHOP = NO REINCARNATION NEEDED, IT'S NOT THAT HARD TO UNDERSTAND
I really don't get this comment. So you don't like having different class abilities on your reinc/progenitor, or shared boutique space (shop or no-shop is irrelevant, anything under that tab inc. costumes and various other freely acquired items can be used by all under the same reinc/progen tag). I remember getting mine in the old days back when it was much harder -- was great having healer/summoner spells on one character, small but very useful buff - and that wasn't even going into the shared costumes and/or anything boutique related. Reincarnations in any form in Allods are drastically superior to just making alternative characters with nothing shared. Surprisingly few games these days give this simple mechanic. You have to either re-grind, or buy BOAccount items and use them once on X or Y character of your choice.

Quoted

MERCENARIES ARE THERE BECAUSE YOU CAN'T FIND ENOUGH LOW LEVEL PLAYERS TO HELP YOU WITH DUNGEONS
Mercenaries are there as an option, nothing more. Same with automoving. If you find yourself unable to get a group for some reason, they're there to help get you through without dealing with a brick wall. The pro's out-weight the con's. You could argue that they wouldn't be needed if the population was super-high, but even then there's no real reason not to have them around.

As for the 'first impressions', I'm unsurprised how so many start with the 'unique' Gibberlings then end up going through the (arguably) less interesting League tutorial. Personally I think the graphics still look good to this day -- same with the music, some of which has been on my playlist for years, though looks & sound typically always boil down to taste.

There's more but I'll leave that to you guys.

Regards,
Mhul

Friday, June 17th 2016, 3:54pm

Since when did Communism have a particular sound? The Empire are the militaristic faction hence have very militaristic music -- music taste being relative (hey, I love that tune).

As for the 'first impressions', I'm unsurprised how so many start with the 'unique' Gibberlings then end up going through the (arguably) less interesting League tutorial. Personally I think the graphics still look good to this day -- same with the music, some of which has been on my playlist for years, though looks & sound typically always boil down to taste.

There's more but I'll leave that to you guys.

Regards,
Mhul

Actually I really like that one track as well, always did. There're a few others which are pretty good later on, but early league ones are kind of dull, so I'm not surprised the youtuber guy wasn't satisfied with it.

Also totally agree about the tutorial, the Empire one is way more interesting and you get to the city fairly quickly to see other players. The graphics is okay-ish for the game is somewhat old by now, my greatest issue with it is the performance. For what it looks, it doesn't run all that great and even with decent settings on the player draw distance is pretty disappointing.
Stargazer - P2P League
Hiren - P2P Empire