You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, June 27th 2016, 2:58pm

Having Fun in the Game

Hello. I'm a new player to the Allods world. I wanted to go back to something a little more old school MMO, but not completely outdated. I like Allods a lot because it visually looks better than some of the older MMOs like WoW or EQ2, but has that same feel. I'm enjoying the lore a lot as well. I gave the game a try on the F2P server, but I decided to play on the subscription server because I didn't want to be hounded by the cash shop. I've noticed a lot less people on the sub server and I'm assuming that is because they are probably way more leveled than me.

Question:
Is this game still alive on the sub server, or will I get to end game and realize there is no one to play with?
Can I even get that far with no one around?
Or, is there a lot of people around, I just need to catch up a little more?

Just wondering what the state of the community is in on the subscription server. It seems the F2P server is doing well, I just can't stand cash shops.

Thank you

Monday, June 27th 2016, 3:08pm

IAmGroot

Professional

Question:
Is this game still alive on the sub server, or will I get to end game and realize there is no one to play with?
They're there! It's just that there are not that many levelers currently. Many are at end-game (level 70) and you'll have plenty of people to mingle with then.
Can I even get that far with no one around?
Yep, you shouldn't have an issue at all. On the p2p server you have an automatic 30% increased experience gain which means you shouldn't run into many grinding problems, if any at all. There are also things called "mercenaries" that you can hire to help you in dungeons if there are no people around. So, make sure to utilize them as they are incredibly helpful.
Or, is there a lot of people around, I just need to catch up a little more?
There are "enough" people around in the p2p server to enjoy it currently, however, leveling can be a bit lonely. Keep working on leveling up and make sure to find yourself a guild, as that may be one of the only ways to have a sense of "company" rather than being lonely while leveling.

Just wondering what the state of the community is in on the subscription server.
The state of the subscription server is getting better and better. It was pretty bad before the 7.0 patch, but it appears every day it's getting better. :)

It seems the F2P server is doing well, I just can't stand cash shops.
That is the main problem with the f2p server. Unfortunately, they just don't listen to us and won't lower the CS prices to gain more players. But, we are not the team and we do not make the decisions, we can only suggest.

Thank you

Welcome! :D Glad you're enjoying the game, it's truly an amazing one.

Monday, June 27th 2016, 5:57pm

Mhuldoon

Professional

Welcome back, Loggrim.

As mentioned above, P2P does indeed have players - though given the XP boost, levellers will be speeding up pretty rapidly thus won't stick around, and the majority of the population are already at max level. There are guilds on P2P for both factions that you could look into -- having people to chat to, even if not playing directly with you, takes the edge off the loneliness. We also have a few things in store for the near future that may very well throw quite a few more new players at Smuggler's Paradise, so keep your eyes peeled on the news.

Regards,
Mhul

Monday, June 27th 2016, 7:26pm

Thanks for the responses. That is all helpful and fantastic news, as I am really enjoying this game. The last MMO that called to me this much was in 2008 and I played that for 3 years, only stopping because my first kid was born. Since then I've been looking for a new MMO home and it looks to be Allods. I'll enjoy the leveling and the story and meet up with everyone else when I catch up. Thanks again for the responses.

Monday, June 27th 2016, 9:46pm

Hey there Loggrim, I'm Dranid from the guild Omniscient from the subscription server, if you're on Empire side you should totally check us out, we're more than willing to assist you through your ventures through Sarnaut, and if you're on League we look forward to seeing you on the battlefield :)

Sunday, July 3rd 2016, 4:26am

Thanks for the invite Dranid. Omniscient is a great guild. You guys are awesome, and soooo many people on. Thanks so much and I'll see you in game.