You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, April 1st 2014, 12:55pm

PVE Paladin builds (Holy tank and Physical DPS)

Introduction:
Hi fellow paladins,aye my main is a bard but my main before my bard was a paladin so recently when I played it again to level it to 60 and gear it up a little,I decided to take advantage of this droplet of death and try the best combination of rubies and talents and form a good build for holy tank and another for physical DPS paladin..I also showed them to some of my paladin friends and followed some of their advice to improve the 2 builds and I decided to post them here to help others so I hope you guys find them useful.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________
The PVE holy tank paladin build:

The PVE physical DPS paladin build:

Notice: you can pick rank 2 overcome for more survival instead of getting charge to rank 2 in physical DPS build.

-Notice that in the tank build I didn't pick autodaf because, I tried this skill before last patch and honestly I find it almost useless in PVE and I got pious anger instead since it gives some good damage boost which might help you out with aggro in some cases since more damage=more aggro.
I picked only rank 1 charge in tank build since you won't need it lower CD as holy paladins are already ranged so its just a situational skill and same with binding curse as it deals low damage and I almost never use it unless I wanna slow a mob or so so spamming it for damage instead of interdiction is a waste of cannons.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
-STATS:
________
I'll have to explain the new stats first since much people aren't familiar with most of the new stats..Anyway let's begin:

-VIGOR: that stat is much like str in old patch.It increases your damage and healing by xxx.

-STAMINA:that's exactly like stamina in old patch which is just plain hp.

-LUCK:this stat increases critical chance for heal and damage spells by % and additionally in this patch it increases effeciencey of damage absorbing abilities by % so I guess that means skills like acoustic barrier will be able to absorb more damage if you have more luck now but luck is kinda limited this patch.

-PROFICIENCY:this stat is much like finesse in old patch.It increases your damage and healing by % depending on how many stat points u invest in this stat.

-VITALITY:Increases your max hp by % depending on howmany stat points you invest in this stat.

-DETERMINATION: aka tank stat (or at least what I called it :3) ok this stat is simple as this:the 3rd bar under your hp and mana/energy is determination bar and it max at 100% so the more you get attacked the more this bar gets filled and the more this bar gets filled the more % damage and healing you deal per % filled in this bar.The reason why i call it tank stat is that simply tanks should be those who get attacked most assuming they have good hold of aggro and more damage and healing=more aggro.

-BRUTALITY:The less % of hp the enemy has the more % of damage and healing you deal.It's simple as that and the rate of increasing in the % of damage and healing in this stat depends on howmany points you invest in this stat.Simple as that.

-BLOOD LUST: is any of you guys familiar with something called lifesteal? this stat is like lifesteal.In other words this stat means you heal by % (depending on how many stat points you invest in this stat) from your damage and healing done and I consider this stat also a tank stat or pvp stat since you shouldn't get attacked much in pve if you are a dps class or a healer since the tank should b holding aggro.

-WILL POWER:This stat increases your immunity to cc..Thanks to Goozy he explained it better to me..It makes you get the immune to cc effect faster..so it means if you have 10 willpower for example you will get 10% more immunity to CC effects per second so it'll take you 10 seconds to become fully immune to CC for some seconds..I'm not so sure of this stat but that's what I understood till now about it.
I didn't understand the following 2 stats fully but I'll explain what I understood about these 2 stats till now:

-ANGER:your spells will put wound complexity on enemies faster the more stat points you have in this stat..Additionally,the enemies that attack the target you're healing with in 10 seconds will receive damage equal to %(depends on howmany stat points you invest in Anger stat) from the healing done.I think this stat is best suited for full healer classes.

-TENACITY:I guess this stat means it increases your immunity to wound complexity or makes the wound complexity you receive from enemies less depending on howmany points you invest in this stat..Additionally,before you receive wound complexity you are able to deal % more damage (depending on how many points you invest in this stat)

CONCLUSION:
-For PVE physical DPS paladin:I see the 2 best stats for pve dps are proficiency and brutality as well as Vigor and some tenacity which is like a main stat so I'd focus these stats most and I guess you can get some little vitality and blood lust for some survival.

-For PVE holy tank paladin:I see determination is the best stat for tanks in general as well as vitality for more hp and blood lust for stronger sustain and some tenacity (the rubies might be enough) for less accumulation of wound complexity..Also don't forget to have some proficiency and brutality for some damage since you need considerable damage to keep aggro specially in group fights.

-Note:
_____
I noticed paladins had wrong tool tips for some rubies specially stat rubies so I decided to check what every stat ruby increased by checking them on my build one by one and that's using the help of the free droplet of death :) and I found out the following:

-Old finesse yellow pots rubies translate now to determination.
-Old agility green pots rubies translate now to tenacity.
-Old strength red pots rubies translate now to proficiency.
-Old conviction rubies translate now to brutality.
-Old stamina and will power rubies are still the same.

If you doubt this info you can check the patch notes as well as the translation of the Russian build calculator and see what these rubies say and if you still have doubt with in you, you can use the droplet of death to respec and get the stat rubies one by one and put your pointer on each stat and see which stat will say ruby stat bonus: (number) just like I did.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Good Reincarnations for paladin in my opinion:

2-WARRIOR: specially for physical DPS paladins since warrior reincarnation offers them another charge or an energy buff so you can have either double charge or double energy buff ^.-

3-MAGE: for the physical damage and elemental barriers skills they offer for stronger defense.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-Finally I hope this would help you guys out and good luck!
Hilver level 60 Kanian great skald.

This post has been edited 7 times, last edit by "Hilver" (Jul 30th 2014, 5:55pm)

Saturday, July 12th 2014, 8:41pm

The Stat Input

Thanks for this guide! Especially for someone like me. Really good.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "iloveham123" (Jul 13th 2014, 5:50am) with the following reason: My question is based on false infomation.

Monday, July 14th 2014, 8:15am

azalin71

Trainee

The phys dps build:
Talents:
Having rank 2 of the tenacity talent is waste - the extra damagereduction is so little, that it wont matter.
I dont recommend skipping shining sword and binding curse - that little crowd control often come in handy.
So spend the 2 talentpoints from tenacity in shining sword and binding curse.

Rubies:
Tenacity-stat is not important in the dps build so you should skip those 3 or at least the 2 of them.
Anger is not important in the pve build, so you should skip the 3 righteous fury rubies (and the 1 combat inspiration ruby you picked up to get them).
That gives you 5 extra rubies. If you take off the extra barrier ruby and move upwards instead, you should be able to get all the Justice rubies for a nice damage boost.
When you get 1 extra ruby, you should get that ruby "the court of light" in the first tab right next to the starting points. That gives good extra damage also.
Araanahn - Kanian Crusader - Warsong guild

Thursday, July 24th 2014, 2:08pm

-BLOOD LUST: is any of you guys familiar with something called lifesteal? this stat is like lifesteal.In other words this stat means you heal by % (depending on how many stat points you invest in this stat) from your damage and healing done and I consider this stat also a tank stat or pvp stat since you shouldn't get attacked much in pve if you are a dps class or a healer since the tank should b holding aggro.

Including the horrible grammar, this statement is just plain wrong. The problem is I am new to this particular game so I'm not sure if you are comparing Blood Lust incorrectly, or if you are just explaining it wrong. If this stat really does work like Lifesteal, then it is a great stat for dps in pve with aoe or groups with burst dmg. It is a constant stream of hp being replenished based on the amt of dmg they put out. It has nothing to do with if they are taking dmg or not. I would say it is not such an important stat if you are running pve content that doesn't do aoe dmg and your tank holds aggro, but it still works and is nice to have in case of emergencies. Forgive me if I misunderstood you or the stat.

Saturday, July 26th 2014, 12:57am

reeah19

Intermediate

bloodlust - if you do damage/heal u will get healed some % of the damage/heal output
i like the stat on pally when theres no healer in pt, tho for hard things wont be such a help

as tenacity i consider it very important for long fights, ived seen that some tanks get wound very fast(lets say a boss with 50% hp) making em unhealable, at 2 wounds+ healing becomes pretty much impossible
Fireofdeath -70 - demonologist
Puffypuf - 65 - furball warden
Rensy - 65 - paladin
Akyrra - 70 - psionicist healer
Turquiose - 60 - bard
Springfull - 60 - mage
FoxBee - 31 warden

Saturday, July 26th 2014, 9:32pm

quick question!
as a paladin, at low levels should i use 2 handed weapon or 1h and shield and if 1h, which? i mean i like the spear...
I stand with Israel.

Saturday, July 26th 2014, 11:58pm

reeah19

Intermediate

if u wanna play phys use 2h, if holy 1h+shield, spear are both 1h and 2h type :P, phys kills faster in 1 by 1, holy is more "safe"
Rensy - 65 - paladin
Turquiose - 60 - bard
Springfull - 60 - mage
FoxBee - 31 warden

Sunday, July 27th 2014, 9:52am

Nyashiro

Intermediate

Holy is safer indeed but you might have trouble against undead or shadowy type of mobs because they have bloodlust and they just heal up sometimes faster than you can kill. And for holy the 1h weapon doesn't matter at all, it's only different for some stats (you know how random stats on items can be) and for vanity reasons. So go ahead and use the spear! :D

Anyway if you take melee skills rather than casting ones, go for 2h after level 15/20 whatever.
Blindoz
Blindos
Blintrez
And so on..

Sunday, July 27th 2014, 11:02am

okay thanks
also what to do with the coins of anniversy? what can i buy with them?
where do i get plate armor? and helemt?
I stand with Israel.

Monday, July 28th 2014, 12:10am

reeah19

Intermediate

u can buy costumes when an event in on from event comitee in capitals

i think plate armour is lvl 20 for pally if i remember well :)
Rensy - 65 - paladin
Turquiose - 60 - bard
Springfull - 60 - mage
FoxBee - 31 warden

Monday, July 28th 2014, 7:39pm

how often is an event coming on?
I stand with Israel.

Wednesday, July 30th 2014, 3:23pm

Thanks for this guide! Especially for someone like me. Really good.
No problem!Glad to hear I helped. :)

@Tovlamia

Quoted

ncluding the horrible grammar, this statement is just plain wrong. The problem is I am new to this particular game so I'm not sure if you are comparing Blood Lust incorrectly, or if you are just explaining it wrong. If this stat really does work like Lifesteal, then it is a great stat for dps in pve with aoe or groups with burst dmg. It is a constant stream of hp being replenished based on the amt of dmg they put out. It has nothing to do with if they are taking dmg or not. I would say it is not such an important stat if you are running pve content that doesn't do aoe dmg and your tank holds aggro, but it still works and is nice to have in case of emergencies. Forgive me if I misunderstood you or the stat.
Ok I'm not sure what you're exactly asking about but let me explain blood lust again.Yes,It is like lifesteal in some other games and it can be defined as follows:you heal up by a % of the damage you deal on enemies so if you land a critical hit you should heal up faster than landing a normal hit and if you hit faster than normal (due to say an energy surge),you should heal up faster as well,Paladin as you know has energy buff and with all its CD rubies,you can have a great surge of energy all day specially if you use energy potions from alchemy as well and therefore you can spam your skills faster and have a higher chance to land criticals since you land more hits than normal in far less time and this is why bloodlust works very well on physical paladin in my opinion.Adding points to Blood lust increases % you heal up by from damage done.I hope that clears it up and that is same definition as lifesteal (at least in games that I've played and had lifesteal system in it).

@azalin71

Quoted

Having rank 2 of the tenacity talent is waste - the extra damagereduction is so little, that it wont matter.
I dont recommend skipping shining sword and binding curse - that little crowd control often come in handy.
So spend the 2 talentpoints from tenacity in shining sword and binding curse.
Having rank 2 tenacity is kinda optional though tenacity is quite helpful since physical paladins are:
1-melee and squishy so they are subject to receive more damage than ranged DPS classes.
2-Rely much on heals either through blood lust or paladin heals or heals received from party healer.
3-Tenacity should prove more helpful when soloing some mobs in wellebelle specially if the paladin is lower geared so GOOD heals will be needed in order to solo successfully.
4-Paladin might steal aggro in single target fights sometimes due to very high single target damage and as I said earlier they're melee so make it easier for healer to save you and take these tenacity rubies.

While binding light and shining sword are more suitable for PVP and this physical build I put up there is PVE DPS so CC isn't in any of its specializations..If CC is needed,mage can do ice prison or bard can cast lullaby which should be more effective in PVE than paladin's CC or a psi or a warden of course.Anyway if you wanna go for these for some PVP then u're free to do it and leave the tenacity though I prefer tenacity rubies.

Quoted

Anger is not important in the pve build, so you should skip the 3 righteous fury rubies (and the 1 combat inspiration ruby you picked up to get them).
That gives you 5 extra rubies. If you take off the extra barrier ruby and move upwards instead, you should be able to get all the Justice rubies for a nice damage boost.
When you get 1 extra ruby, you should get that ruby "the court of light" in the first tab right next to the starting points. That gives good extra damage also.

I didn't pick anger rubies for anger,I picked them for the higher duration of righteous cause which is quite essential for the everlasting surge of energy specially as you know physical paladins consume much energy because of 2h weapons and therefore they hit even slower but with this awesome energy surge they would be able to spam skills with ease and hit faster specially if you use Alchemy energy potions when the energy buff is in CD.Extra barrier would be nice survival yes but I won't sacrifice righteous cause rubies for it which are quite essential for DPS but ofc if you have extra rubies you can go for 3rd barrier ruby.Justice rubies are nice but as you see I already picked the 3 rubies of the strong damage physical DPS AOE so combined with Interdiction my AOE damage should be fine and I would need righteous cause rubies more for faster energy regeneration in order to be able to AOE faster.Also Justice rubies have limitations like you need to fight 3 or more mobs to get them to work and also if you AOE so hard specially with Interdiction you might steal aggro of a large pull and rip :) physical paladin's very high single target DPS covers up for their lower AOE damage sometimes so to make it clear,I see having all of righteous cause rubies(including the ones that give anger) quite better for DPS in practice than having justice rubies as you won't always have to fight 3 or more mobs but you'll always have to use righteous cause anytime its up for greater DPS.
Thanks for criticizing,it really helps since it gives me more ideas sometimes so if you have more to say,don't hesitate to ask more about the build and criticize.

@antipaladin99

Quoted

as a paladin, at low levels should i use 2 handed weapon or 1h and shield and if 1h, which? i mean i like the spear...

I find physical paladin till level 45 or so faster in leveling as it kills off mobs faster.When i leveled my paladin to 60 I started as physical and didn't have to change to holy till wandering isle or irdrich at level 50 or so because mobs start to hit like a truck so holy tank paladin should prove more efficient in leveling at level 45+ or 50+ in my opinion.So I'd say see which kind of paladin is more fun to you and go for it and I agree with Luka that some types of mob that heal up would be annoying vs holy tank paladins since they deal lower damage compared to many other classes (they're tanks after all) but tank paladins have a great advantage which makes them quite different from tank warriors aside from barriers,their heals gives them great sustain so if the mob heals up,you too can heal but it becomes boring sometimes and takes long time to kill the mob off.

-As for weapons,1h and shield are for holy tank paladins and the 1h weapon doesn't matter for them that much as their damage comes from the wand not from the 1h weapons.
While 2h weapons are for physical DPS paladins and they actually benefit from both their 2h weapon and the wand since they hit both physical and magical dps but they rely on physical dps more of course so the 2h weapon is your main focus for a physical DPS paladin.2h weapons deal far more damage than 1h but they consume more energy and hit slower and that's why righteous cause(energy buff) is very essential for physical DPS paladin.
As for dual wield: Paladins can use dual sword and dagger but no one ever use these on paladins and paladins have no dual wield build.Well until now no dual wield build for paladin but there is dual wield warrior though so don't bother with dual weapons when you're a paladin.

Types of weapons:
you have 4 types of physical DPS weapons that paladin can use:

Sword:Least maximum damage and higher minimum damage than spear but less damage than mace or axe.Hits faster than mace and axe and consumes less energy than they do as well.

Spear:Least minimum damage and and higher maximum damage than sword but less damage than mace or axe.Hits faster than mace and axe and consumes less energy than they do.Spear would be better than sword if you land much critical hits and paladins critical hit rate isn't that great as they don't have luck rubies and all they have is 3 critical physical damage rubies for some physical DPS skills.

Mace:Highest minimum damage and lower maximum damage than axe,deals higher damage than sword and spear but consumes far more energy and hits slower than them.

Axe:Highest maximum damage and lower minimum damage than mace,deals higher damage than sword and spear but consumes far more energy and hits slower than them so it's better when you have higher critical hit rate.

Example: so if a sword deals 2-4 damage then spear deals 1-5 damage and mace deals 8-12 damage and axe deals 7-13 damage.

Thanks to SailorYue who explained the difference between axe and mace or sword and spear to me when I was confused about them back then.

All in all,I prefer 2h Mace for physical DPS paladin as the paladins have only 3 critical damage rubies and they're for some physical DPS skills and 3 other critical rubies for some holy (magical) damage skills so the main 2h weapon won't get affected by those rubies so they won't rely much on critical hits while holy tanks should go for ANY 1h weapon and shield,they simply don't care about the 1h weapon's damage as their focus is on the wand which provides then with magic damage.There are many types of magic damage like:holy,shadow,astral,fire,ice,lightning,acid.Paladin's magic damage is mostly holy damage and other than that they have physical damage.Almost all of their ranged skills,heals,some shields benefit from magic (holy) damage taken from the wand while most of their melee skills benefit from physical damage taken from the main weapon.

To check the element of a certain skill to see whether if its physical or a magical damage type,simply pointer over the skill and you should find the element of that skill at the top right of the skill's description window.

As for your other questions,I think reaah19 already answered them and btw there is a level 20 event which should be still on called (tropical atoll).

This post has been edited 6 times, last edit by "Hilver" (Jul 30th 2014, 6:07pm)

Wednesday, July 30th 2014, 6:00pm

Updated guide!

I put the builds in the english talent calculator instead of the russian one as the russian is updated according to the Russian server which is at a higher patch than our Allods server at the moment so talents and rubies there for paladins changed but in this server they're still the same so I saw it was better if I put them in the english talent calculator so there won't be any confusion.I also added pictures for the builds.I think I'm not gonna update this guide again anytime soon since I kinda quit this game like a week or two ago.
Good luck and have fun!

Tuesday, December 2nd 2014, 8:59pm

New Updated Physical DPS Paladin build!

First of all,the holy tank and physical DPS builds up there are OUT OF DATE but I'll leave them as they are for those who'd like to use them as a reference to craft and tweak new builds prior to new patch.

I've checked out new Paladin rubies etc and I managed to form a new physical DPS build which I believe should do great DPS specially in single target DPS as well as having a great surge of energy and yet won't be much of a glass cannon though it's disadvantage might be a bit less AOE DPS and you can check my new physical DPS paladin guide with the new build here:

http://en.allods.com/forum/index.php?pag…d&threadID=5813

NOTE:I haven't tried that build,in the link above,in action yet so feedback and suggestions are very welcome.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I'd also like to thank all of you for the 5k+ views,that really means much to me as I hope it helped most of you somehow and celebrating that sweet moment,I'd like to post a little guide here about "How to craft your own build?" and I originally posted it in my PVE bard guide in
Thursday, October 23rd 2014, 6:52am.
(so you'll find me talking about bard skills as an example or to bards at some point but it's something general so I guess it wouldn't hurt if I post it here too to help "interested" Paladins as well):

How to craft your own build?

It's some pieces of advice and steps I had to learn by myself because,back then in NA server,most bards focused that R3 raving blade and neglected chords or songs so there was some wasted damage and it didn't work well for me when I had far lower runes and gear so I had to use these following steps:

1-Decide your role and try to pick a proper role for your class so for bard,I really would recommend DPS or support builds in endgame PVE and I prefer tanky bard in PVP since bards have no aggro management skills which might make tank bard less useful in end game PVE (like astrals or raids) specially if you're low geared and that's just a personal opinion based on my observation and checking many builds but it's up to you.

2-Check your class's section in the forum for guides that suit the role you decided (PMB guides or not PMB).If you have the patience,you can check even non updated old guides and see what makes sense in their builds and what doesn't and put all these builds in talent calculator and then screen shot each using "print screen" keyboard button and keep scrolling the screen shots you got of these builds and open a new page of talent calculator and start playing puzzle.
In other words,put in the talent calculator the talents and rubies you prefer from these builds and exclude what you feel is bad or won't serve your role quite well.
FYI,the builds in this guide were based on one of three builds in an old not updated guide I found back then on NA server's forums and it was just a skeleton build not full one and I liked how it used chords instead of the stereotype of using raving blade mostly,I even started out my build by fully neglecting raving blade and hilariously it did good damage but ofc it did more damage when I added raving blade to it later.
My point is that even the outdated guides can be of use so don't underestimate them but they aren't a priority of course.

3-Once you've searched and took your time forming your own build,start showing it to friends who are the same class as you or who have a high level character of the same class or have good knowledge about it as well as old/famous,good (say bards if you're a bard) on your server and see what would be their opinion about your build and let them criticize it.

4-After you've collected enough feedback and criticism about your build,see what makes sense in that feedback and follow it and if a point doesn't make much sense,see if other bards agree on this point or not.If they do then think about it again and revise and if not then just neglect it.Asking others doesn't make you seem noob and isn't something bad so don't be shy about it and ask as long as the one whom you ask for information doesn't mind even if they're lower geared bards.If you don't understand some ruby or talent,don't hesitate to ask another bard about it.I didn't understand what Ode ruby did back then and the one who explained it to me was a bard called "Dthdlr".I didn't know about earring slot and was confused about balancing stats back then and the one who helped me with that was "SailorYue" and even my old and first mentor for my bard was the first one who showed me the hearten PMB guide on NA forums and he helped me alot.

5-Now after you've listened to people's opinion about your build and applied some new changes based on the feed back to your build,you can tell those bards who gave feed back about the changes you made and show them your build after these changes and see if they recommend you change more things in it or if they approve it to be good.

6-When you're done with all these steps and feeling your build is ready,try it out and I wish you best of luck.

(I know some people might think of these tips and steps as something useless or some silly words but simply these steps are personal experience over around 3-4 years of playing Allods online and if you feel they're silly,it's really up to you.I put these here since I quit and pretty much won't be able to work on another good build when bard is changed in that coming big patch since I've quit this game like 2-3 months ago as I've mentioned earlier so I want you bards to make your own good builds again even after bards get nerfed and I want to see some hilarious quote after bard gets nerfed saying:"Bards are still op,please nerf".I don't want new people to waste most of their gold on respecs instead of getting their runes high up again and I don't want some players refusing to give their builds so people would find it harder to counter them in PVP (as some summoners say *cough* No offense! :D).Show them what you're capable of and buff the class even if it got nerfed.I hope my point got through.)<<<<That was originally directed to bards but I'd say same for Paladins as well in the originals post.

I'll be honest with you and tell you that these steps might take you some good time but this game has much gold farming late game recently so let alone farming for a respec as well.If applying these steps would take time,farming for gold to respec would take more time and trust me I believe the outcome of this time you spend trying to figure out your own build later on (for any class) will be worth it.

I've quit the game since it became so dull for me but I'll be kinda active on the forums so if you guys have got questions about bards (and probably paladins as well :P) feel free to ask me through PM or replying to one of my guide posts on forums.

That's all and I hope these information above will be of use for you now and in the future.
Thanks for your time!

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Hilver" (Dec 2nd 2014, 9:15pm)