You are not logged in.

Sunday, August 7th 2016, 3:22pm

Diktator

Trainee

@crusoebg

with getting stronger, farming & quests (leveling) there is more to do than time available
crafting, gaining costumes... there is a lot if you want
reincarnations, guildquests, play the game with reading the questtext, infiltrate the capital city of the opposite faction, raids, goblinball, summerhold, relax at the tropical atoll, do the race in the desert and and and and ...

while it is true that alcohol and cigarettes (only as an example) are real goods and things in game are not (virtual goods) this was only an example on how you CAN afford these if you WANT
i am totally ok with those who say virtual goods are not worth real $, in general this is my POV too!

its great you can pay subscription of WOW for x$, you can even play WOW for free for 0$ if you play on a private server or set one up yourself (you are even the GM of this server then)
so are we done now with "what is possible to do"?

only because KOE & etherium is a common way this does not mean its the best way

cs items are part of the game although not NEEDED for regular gameplay (no, TOP raids and TOP pvp are not regular gameplay)
cs items can be bought by ingameactivities only IF YOU REALLY WANT (i made it too, so yo can also)
its not the games fault if you find no suitable way for you to gain gold ingame and if you dont want to donate - but still want to have top items
its not the games fault if you want "Perfect balance fairplay ****" and dont play on subscription server

where is the REAL problem? in the attitude of many ppl
this game is as close to perfection for an mmo as it gets (otherwise we all would not play it so much ;))

"cs items are part of the game although not NEEDED for regular gameplay (no, TOP raids and TOP pvp are not regular gameplay)" - Well you see, normal PvP (battlegrounds in this case, not looking at dominion) and raids kinda are a regular endgame activity in every MMO, you know.

"cs items can be bought by in-game activities only IF YOU REALLY WANT (i made it too, so yo can also)" - Yes they can be bought, if you don't do anything but farming gold. And even then you can only get that lowest tier of cash shop. Few years ago, I managed to get myself a lot of cash shop items, because they were easier to get (gold was easier to farm, prices were lower).
If I tried to do the same thing now, it would take me 3 times longer. And we are not even talking about serious cash-shop (level 5-6 runes, purple trinket, crappy mount that I had to replace with mount you get in Tropical Atoll, some low tier scrolls for stat points and rubies, additional reincarnation, and probably some more items). So yeah few years ago you could've farmed them if you wanted, it's different now.

I refused to reply to this thread, but...come on.
I get it, you love the game. I love it too.
But you are being such a fanboy, you are trying to defend it so much...Why?
Do you get paid for that?

"this game is as close to perfection for an mmo as it gets" - That actually made me laugh. Close to perfection? You must be joking.

OTHERWISE WE ALL WOULD NOT PLAY IT SO MUCH - If it was so good and perfect, why isn't it more popular? Why are so much people hating it? Why is it getting bad reviews?
Like someone said it already, people play because they've spent tons of money and they don't want just to abandon their characters. That might be true, but then again I haven't spent more than 50$ and I still play it. Why? Because I like the game, even though there are a lot of better MMOs.
The thing is, a lot of people don't like it. Watch some reviews on youtube and they will tell you why.

Sorry I don't wanna waste any more time on typing here, even though there's a lot more to say.

Wednesday, August 10th 2016, 8:54pm

I like how AoP doesnt reply when he's out of arguments xD

Thursday, August 11th 2016, 8:59am

Quinz

Intermediate

Few years ago, I managed to get myself a lot of cash shop items, because they were easier to get (gold was easier to farm, prices were lower).
If I tried to do the same thing now, it would take me 3 times longer.

Yeh that's the problem. They add more and more CS items necessary for competitive gameplay, and at the same time the prizes keeps going up. This doesn't make any sense. If the prizes are to go up in this drastic speed, they should stop adding more CS items that makes your character stronger in any way. It would still take years to farm or LOTS of money to buy all the current items.

Allods is honestly the only game I know that keeps following this same path without doing a shiet about it, even though they constantly get bad critics and reviews and keep losing players. I'm starting to think that they actually want to slowly kill this game, but make as much money as possible all the way to the end.

I watched several "Top 5 most P2W MMORPG's"-videos on youtube and Allods is in pretty much all of them, together with all the Asian grinders. Why even bother putting effort into publishing the game on Steam when the game is still in this bad shape? It will just give the game more bad reputation than before since Steam is a huge games distribution platform and with all the bad reviews being added on the Allods Steam page, the game will just be more widely known as a game not worth spending time on.
“If you want to conquer fear, don't sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.”
-Dale Carnegie

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”
-Bernard M. Baruch

Thursday, August 11th 2016, 9:33am

Diktator

Trainee

Few years ago, I managed to get myself a lot of cash shop items, because they were easier to get (gold was easier to farm, prices were lower).
If I tried to do the same thing now, it would take me 3 times longer.

Yeh that's the problem. They add more and more CS items necessary for competitive gameplay, and at the same time the prizes keeps going up. This doesn't make any sense. If the prizes are to go up in this drastic speed, they should stop adding more CS items that makes your character stronger in any way. It would still take years to farm or LOTS of money to buy all the current items.

Allods is honestly the only game I know that keeps following this same path without doing a shiet about it, even though they constantly get bad critics and reviews and keep losing players. I'm starting to think that they actually want to slowly kill this game, but make as much money as possible all the way to the end.

I watched several "Top 5 most P2W MMORPG's"-videos on youtube and Allods is in pretty much all of them, together with all the Asian grinders. Why even bother putting effort into publishing the game on Steam when the game is still in this bad shape? It will just give the game more bad reputation than before since Steam is a huge games distribution platform and with all the bad reviews being added on the Allods Steam page, the game will just be more widely known as a game not worth spending time on.

And I thought...well since even they know that game is p2w, aren't they gonna change something?
3 years later, it's even worse then it was...

Thursday, August 11th 2016, 2:20pm

this discussion more or less has reached maximum entropy, i will once again summarize it all up to:
we have stated 389453485 times that for those who are not happy with the itemshop there is a version of the game without it, the subscription-server
random videos on the internet are not a reilable source of information, better judge things yourself

Sunday, August 14th 2016, 7:44am

Mhuldoon

Professional

Quoted

this discussion more or less has reached maximum entropy

Going to have to agree. For a thread about why people aren't playing on P2P, it spends most of its time discussing the cash-shop, which doesn't even exist there.

For the sake of the OP, the related info can be summarized as follows:

The bulk of AO population reside on F2P - either because it's 'free', contains a more competitive environment, or because of previous investments are too hard to give up - thus veterans really have no reason to deviate away from their F2P characters, and newcomers feel less inclined to subscribe to a lower population and/or less competitive server. Future 'free P2P trials' will not remedy this, but it will certainly help to some degree. There are other impactful reasons that also effect the situation, most of which have been brushed up on already.

Let's leave it at that rather than continue in circles.

Regards,
Mhul